IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just realized something. He said she worked in a strip club. Yes, she could've been a stripper but she could've also been a waitress or bartender! Not everyone who works in a strip club is a stripper. So his mentioning where she works is even crazier. Who the fuck cares where she works? This guy makes me so angry. 

Also , being a stripper doesn't make you community property .

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So I've been very drunk sometimes but I never happened to get into a situation in which any of my body parts accidentally entered anyone's anus. I guess I got lucky huh.

You were obviously not trying hard enough :irony:

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hasunah said:

Also , being a stripper doesn't make you community property .

You were obviously not trying hard enough :irony:

Oh I understand the implication. Non fundies pull this shit all the time too. Strippers and prostitutes can't possibly be raped. Barf. And people keep saying we didn't need the women's rights march. My ass. 

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Ah...so gravity is to blame.

In the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper "Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch." Or something like that ;) 

I can't imagine my parents looking at a man who has been charged with "accidentally pushing his penis into a woman's ass" and them saying "That's nice ducky." What the fuck is wrong with these people? And the worst part, if they saw me or any other woman with a bit of cleavage of display: a) we deserved to be raped B: we are defrauding men C) we are going to hell but Tim isn't because he repented. You can all go fuck yourselves! You horrible assholes! 

I feel for Tabitha I really do.  I have a friend that watches the Duggar's/Bates like I do and she said well maybe he's been forgiven, maybe Tab doesn't care, maybe she likes him.  Apparently cheating on your spouse is less forgivable than molesting or raping someone according to her.  I wish Tab would leave but she won't and it's sad

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

My guess is that the publicity was starting to throw some light in the direction of the cult, future father-in-law wasn't happy, and he "asked" Tim to step up and own it.  Innocent, right?  Tim probably wanted to own it just a tad more than he wanted to remain a single man with a publicized charge of sodomy, so he communicated with the press, went light on the details (except for the bit about the woman working in a strip club), explained that he was falsely accused and pardoned and saved, then waited for the positive reinforcement to roll in.  Not quite how it's turning out.

I think the Paines have a dilemma.  If the two marry and there's trouble down the road, then I believe Dr. P's approval of the marriage - his judgement - may be called into question.  Did Tim share his testimony before the couple were allowed to court?  If so, why did Dr. P let the relationship continue?  If Tim didn't share (enough), and "the situation"/Tim's approach to responsibility really only came to light via the press, then why didn't Dr. P get his daughter away from this man?  I won't be surprised if the marriage is delayed, perhaps indefinitely, while the Paines reconsider the Lord's promptings.

It is my understanding that Tabitha's father is a bit of a creep and moron so it doesn't surprise me that he's fine with all of this. 

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I understand the implication. Non fundies pull this shit all the time too. Strippers and prostitutes can't possibly be raped. Barf. And people keep saying we didn't need the women's rights march. My ass. 

And wives can't be raped by their husbands either.  Blech.

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

I feel for Tabitha I really do.  I have a friend that watches the Duggar's/Bates like I do and she said well maybe he's been forgiven, maybe Tab doesn't care, maybe she likes him.  Apparently cheating on your spouse is less forgivable than molesting or raping someone according to her.  I wish Tab would leave but she won't and it's sad

According to all of Duggar land, so I would imagine it's a Gothard thing.

Joshy was a forgiven sinner for molesting his sisters when they were barely out of toddlerhood. But, when he cheated on his wife he had to go to rehab.

They have very, very, very fucked up ideas of sex, love, marriage, men, women, relationships....

I don't have the most tight knit family but if I brought home a man who was convicted of rape, half the men in my family would have his head, if there was anything left after the women got hold of him. They'd also have me fucking committed.

To think, in any way, shape or form that your daughter should marry such a deviant means you are as bad as the rapist.  To think your sheltered, brainwashed, 'pure' daughter should marry such a deviant and be in subjugation to him means you should be put in jail.

The women in that culture are props and breeders, period. all anyone has to do is listen to a Duggar girl talk to know they are robots, and all anyone needs to do is see the men these criminals choose to breed their daughter to know what kinds of things go on in these closed, cultish groups.

Josh isn't the only one ever to do anything, he's just the only to one to get publicly caught because his family sells their shit to the public. The families, and daughters, that are not on television are probably suffering abuse every day of their lives.

15 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I wonder what prompted him to give his testimony now. He thought he would get lots of pats on the back and instead it backfired completely.  Poor Tabitha. Don't know if she fully understands what she's getting herself into.  He did not sound like someone who took responsibility for his own actions, no surprise there.  

Well, we had already figured out he had a record. People were writing comments in Chad and Erin's Instagram. It probably would have been wiser for him to not say anything at all, but he was foolish enough to try to spin it as a Testimony.

Also another poster made a good point, why is he sharing 'testimony' if he's so totally innocent guys. He was set up! He's a victim!

fuck on off a cliff, Tim.

20 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Also another poster made a good point, why is he sharing 'testimony' if he's so totally innocent guys

Well in those circles telling the story that he got involved with drinking and strippers, but God took away his "hedge of protection" caused this wicked woman to accuse him of this just to bring him back into the fold is a good testimony. Even if he claims innocence, in this circle he still has an amazing testimony. 

I have no doubt that everyone from Dr. Paine down to Chad and Erin knew his story and gave absolutely no fucks. 

18 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

No effing way!  I mean I believe you, I just can't believe the offenders think anybody would buy it. See this is why I don't like people.  People are the worst. Oh and I wish there was an "eww" button along with the up and down arrows. Cuz...EWWW

I saw this on the Daily Fail (don't judge, it's a weakness) and thought of this conversation. His tongue just fell into multiple first-graders mouths; it was an accident, people!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4159380/Teacher-accused-KISSING-grade-students.html

Has anyone ever created a list of the sexual offenders in fundie land (that we know of/discuss)?

It just seems to me that given the relatively small number of these particular fundies* there is an exorbitant amount of sexual misconduct coming from them.

*By relatively small I mean in the larger population picture; there are funides worldwide, but of varying religions/degrees. I particularly mean American VF/Gothard type/Dominionist/Patriarchal fundies.

Since I've been on FJ, it's been: Steven Sitler, Brantley Disharoon, Josh Duggar, Doug Phillips (is a tool), Bill Gothard (and all those who enabled him & covered his tracks and lied and played a part), this Tim Robertson dude, Bret Alan Smith Jr. & Andrew Barth.

I keep feeling like  am forgetting someone obvious but that could just be my natural reaction to all these fucking creeps in whatever branch of fundiedom who hide behind religion to justify their abhorrent behavior - sometimes the pool of disgust seems to be overflowing and I'll never be able to drain it.

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Has anyone ever created a list of the sexual offenders in fundie land (that we know of/discuss)?

It just seems to me that given the relatively small number of these particular fundies* there is an exorbitant amount of sexual misconduct coming from them.

*By relatively small I mean in the larger population picture; there are funides worldwide, but of varying religions/degrees. I particularly mean American VF/Gothard type/Dominionist/Patriarchal fundies.

Since I've been on FJ, it's been: Steven Sitler, Brantley Disharoon, Josh Duggar, Doug Phillips (is a tool), Bill Gothard (and all those who enabled him & covered his tracks and lied and played a part), this Tim Robertson dude, Bret Alan Smith Jr. & Andrew Barth.

I keep feeling like  am forgetting someone obvious but that could just be my natural reaction to all these fucking creeps in whatever branch of fundiedom who hide behind religion to justify their abhorrent behavior - sometimes the pool of disgust seems to be overflowing and I'll never be able to drain it.

It would be very hard because very few of them actually go through the legal system (like Joshly).  They like to handle things "in house..."

I had totally forgotten about Brantley Disharoon.  That was a mess!

What I'm really struggling with, is the idea that *EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO* he was advised to plead guilty.  Rape cases are very hard for victims now, but 18 years ago, it was much, much harder - especially if his defense was going to be "she works in a strip club, and was drunk, and wanted it, but changed her mind when her boyfriend caught us". 

It would be super-hard to convict on that now, so there must have been a lot more to it than his testimony, or his lawyer would have said "fight".  I'm guessing the fact the boyfriend caught him in the act was pretty damn conclusive. (ETA and it kills me that it takes something like this for women to be believed)

I too am interested in a list, like @fundiefan suggests - but wow, how depressing would it be to have it next to 'unmarried fundies' and 'arrows for the quiver'?  Important, but depressing.

26 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Not only Sitler, there's another one at CREC but I forget the name.  It will come back to me if I stop trying to remember it.  

It is only the tip of the iceberg though.  Think of the Tina Anderson case, the Jordan Root case, and all the other churches that have covered up sexual abuse.  Back-tracking Gibbs III's cases will give you an idea of the scope. (And he was usually defending the churches.)

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

You can add Brantley Disharoon to the list.  Not only Sitler, there's another one at CREC but I forget the name.  It will come back to me if I stop trying to remember it.  

It is only the tip of the iceberg though.  Think of the Tina Anderson case, the Jordan Root case, and all the other churches that have covered up sexual abuse.  Back-tracking Gibbs III's cases will give you an idea of the scope. (And he was usually defending the churches.)

Brantley Disharoon is on the list.

Oh yeah...Jamin Wight.

2 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Did the Willis father come to trial yet?

Wasn't it delayed til Spring because they played the 'not competent' card?

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Wasn't it delayed til Spring because they played the 'not competent' card?

No they didn't! Holy crap. 

I dont know how to insert a link, but a sexual deviant fundy worth looking into is Dr. W David Hager.    He is an ob-gyn and was on the USDA  and made sure plan B/ morning after pill was denied approval.   He was a fundie appointed by George W Bush, he was accused of anal marital rape.   He defense was that he could not tell the difference.   

The story is much more detailed than that but hopefully someone with skilz can do a link.

I just googled Toby Willis because I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly...yes, March 2017 is the preliminary hearing, for now. 4th delay.

I also read this...In 1994, Willis’s Baptist preacher father and his mother were driving six of their nine kids on a trip from Chicago to Wisconsin when their van ran over a piece of metal that had fallen from another truck and exploded, killing all the children. The elder Willises escaped the van. Toby Willis and his two other siblings were not in the van at the time.

Holy Shit!  I will remember that accident for every single one of my seconds on this planet. I was maybe 10 cars behind the van. It was one of the most horrific days of my life.

Not only Sitler, there's another one at CREC but I forget the name.  It will come back to me if I stop trying to remember it.  

Jamin Wight groomed and repeatedly raped a young woman beginning (I believe) around age 13 while he lived in her house as part of The New St Andrews boarding preference. She wound up being disciplined by the church, while he was forgiven and went to missions in Haiti, along with other church-sanctioned activities.

Then he married, procreated, and found himself arrested again after beating and choking his wife. Not sure if they're still married, but that was another couple counseled and blessed by Doug Wilson/CREC.

12 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I just googled Toby Willis because I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly...yes, March 2017 is the preliminary hearing, for now. 4th delay.

I also read this...In 1994, Willis’s Baptist preacher father and his mother were driving six of their nine kids on a trip from Chicago to Wisconsin when their van ran over a piece of metal that had fallen from another truck and exploded, killing all the children. The elder Willises escaped the van. Toby Willis and his two other siblings were not in the van at the time.

Holy Shit!  I will remember that accident for every single one of my seconds on this planet. I was maybe 10 cars behind the van. It was one of the most horrific days of my life.

That must've been horrific. I believe Toby's other 2 siblings that were not in the van ended up having large families as well. I think the family ended up receiving a large settlement. 

16 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Sending you huge hugs Fundiefan. :hug4:

If this marriage happens then there may be children, including daughters.  What would they be raised to believe regarding things like self-esteem and staying safe?  I'm not snarking here.  I'm really wondering whether Tim's past, and Tabitha's apparent willingness to accept it, would result in their daughters being raised any differently from other ultra-fundie daughters.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived