IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

51 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Not only Sitler, there's another one at CREC but I forget the name.  It will come back to me if I stop trying to remember it.  

It is only the tip of the iceberg though.  Think of the Tina Anderson case, the Jordan Root case, and all the other churches that have covered up sexual abuse.  Back-tracking Gibbs III's cases will give you an idea of the scope. (And he was usually defending the churches.)

Jamin C. Wight-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/homeschoolersanonymous.org/2015/09/08/the-jamin-c-wight-story-the-other-child-molester-in-doug-wilsons-closet/amp/?client=safari

*Edited to add-see lots responded. I only read this today. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well obviously she was asking for it, working in a strip joint. Not his fault, and Jesus has forgiven him.     :kitty-cussing:

I dont know how to insert a link, but a sexual deviant fundy worth looking into is Dr. W David Hager.    He is an ob-gyn and was on the USDA  and made sure plan B/ morning after pill was denied approval.   He was a fundie appointed by George W Bush, he was accused of anal marital rape.   He defense was that he could not tell the difference.   

The story is much more detailed than that but hopefully someone with skilz can do a link.

Oh my goodness I remember this idiots defense of not knowing the difference. A) Your a doctor I don't care if it's dark, your defence is crap. B) Unless the wife was gagged I'm sure she at some point would have uttered wrong hole. C) Religious people state the non religious are hedonistic despots, but I'm sorry how many run of the mill non believers are engaging in sexual crimes. They can not use a religious hierarchy to escape consequences for sexual crimes.

Chad and Erin are answering questions on the Bateseses Facebook Live before their show. Since people have been posting comments on their Instagram, I wonder if anyone will ask it on FB during their live q&a. 

editing to rephrase, apparently the way I wrote it was offensive and I genuinely don't want to contribute to that:

if anyone watched their answer session, let us know if they field any questions about Tabitha and Tim. I for one am interested if they'd respond, and or speAk of forgiveness. I do not like to give the duggars or Bates any views/clicks, so if other are already watching it, I'd appreciate knowing if it came up.

As an admin, please remember that nothing done off the forum is in the name of FJ.

As a poster, if you think it's worthy to try to derail their pre-show pitch (I'm sure they'll just ignore the question), then have the anatomy to do it yourself and not try to manipulate another poster on FJ into doing the dirty work. 

24 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Someone take one for the team and ask Chad why his sister has been offered up to this creep!

Because he's been washed in the blood of Christ and through that has found redemption. He is a godly man who would never let his penis fall into a stripper again! That's why. How dare us heathens question him? What are you purposing the stripper agenda? 

20 hours ago, justmy2cents said:
1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

As an admin, please remember that nothing done off the forum is in the name of FJ.

As a poster, if you think it's worthy to try to derail their pre-show pitch (I'm sure they'll just ignore the question), then have the anatomy to do it yourself and not try to manipulate another poster on FJ into doing the dirty work. 

Of course.

i do take a bit of offense at "manipulate" and "dirty work", though.  it's a fairly simple question. I don't plan on watching their session. Much like buzzards recaps, i count on others to keep me informed on what happens during the shows, and save these fools from getting the extra clicks and viewers they want.

It's society basics 101:  don't ask other people to do that which you won't do yourself.  Whether you watch the show or not is irrelevant.  You wanted to use FJ as a platform to get someone to do something you weren't going to do yourself.   You can get on FB live without watching the show. 

Shrug,  I won't argue this any longer,there is hockey to be watched. 

if something of interest happens let us know, ppl who are interested enough to watch.

16 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If this marriage happens then there may be children, including daughters.  What would they be raised to believe regarding things like self-esteem and staying safe?  I'm not snarking here.  I'm really wondering whether Tim's past, and Tabitha's apparent willingness to accept it, would result in their daughters being raised any differently from other ultra-fundie daughters.

I doubt it.  Patriarchal Christianity, the power it gives men, and the way these girls and women are raised under it is a prescription for abuse.  It is also a magnet for predators who self-select into the sick belief system.

As I said above, the cases we know about are the tip of the iceberg.  Many are hidden in the home and by the churches.  Gothard (allegedly) chose his victims from a pool of young women who had already been subjected to sexual abuse and incest at home.  These young women were sent to IBLP HQ to be educated out of their temptress ways.  The supposed "sins" of their pasts made them unlikely to be believed when they accused Gothard and his band of fellow molesters and rapists at  IBLP.

It obviously goes beyond IBLP but is common to these Patriarchal groups.  I believe there is overt sexual abuse, rape and incest, but also covert and a huge amount of emotional abuse.

A name has even been coined for all of this:  Botkin Syndrome.  I don't always agree with Cindy K. She has her faults (and they include being excessively wordy) but here you go.  :

http://botkinsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/what-is-botkin-syndrome.html

First time posting! Pickles finally picked it up, and now they're all on a thread about slut-shaming; as if they all weren't slut shaming Danica just a little while ago for coming forward about josh [emoji849] After the wringer they put Danica through, I doubt very much that the original victim will come forward-even with all this press.

18 minutes ago, dbauched said:

First time posting! Pickles finally picked it up, and now they're all on a thread about slut-shaming; as if they all weren't slut shaming Danica just a little while ago for coming forward about josh emoji849.png After the wringer they put Danica through, I doubt very much that the original victim will come forward-even with all this press.

Pickles is so strange, one minute she is anti Dugger/Fundy/Cult the next she's fawning all over them, I stopped bothering  a while ago, but it makes me sick to my stomach to see anyone especially women slut shame the victim of sexual assault.  No way in hell I'd come forward, for any amount of money, the more press the less like I would be to speak up, not worth it, you get raped all over again by the general public. 

Neither did I. There are a lot of families we snark on that have daughters who worked at IBLP headquarters. This is so sick and twisted.

um , I Just read that not only does Tabitha get a man who is a rapist, but one who was previously married to a Nicole Gervase Ball....lUCKY GIRL ALL ROUND.  Not only is she marrying someone with marriage baggage but a middle aged man with all his lifestyle choices just the way he wants it.

6 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

um , I Just read that not only does Tabitha get a man who is a rapist, but one who was previously married to a Nicole Gervase Ball....lUCKY GIRL ALL ROUND.  Not only is she marrying someone with marriage baggage but a middle aged man with all his lifestyle choices just the way he wants it.

Where did you see that?

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

Where did you see that?

I have a sleuth friend who had the balls  to contact her on FB and talk.....I will have to  ask her to share or join, and maybe she can post her screen shots.  it was more of the same....changed man....saved. etc.

47 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Was this marriage before or after Anusgate?

2 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I have a sleuth friend who had the balls  to contact her on FB and talk.....I will have to  ask her to share or join, and maybe she can post her screen shots.  it was more of the same....changed man....saved. etc.

:pb_neutral: Poor Tabitha. She has zero frame of reference to know he's a shameless, manipulative liar, and has nobody around her to steer her away. This marriage is like watching two trains en route to collision. At the end of the day, I don't care what her future husband's religion is, I care that she is treated well and respected. I speak from experience when I say that neither of these things will happen in this marriage.

If he was previously married and divorced, wouldn't someone have come across that already? Note in the paper, anything? 

13 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I didn't know Gothard specifically picked girls who had previously been assaulted. How horrific. 

Allegedly ...

Trigger warning because this is really upsetting to read:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/third-amended-complaint-filed-08-18-2016-1.pdf

Pay particular attention to the Jane Does.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Allegedly ...

Trigger warning because this is really upsetting to read:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/third-amended-complaint-filed-08-18-2016-1.pdf

Pay particular attention to the Jane Does.

The fact that 17 women came forward means there are probably over 100 women who were assaulted/harassed since only about 25 to 35 percent of assaults are reported.  This cult is just awful, the fact that fathers would KNOWINGLY send their daughters whom they demand be pure until their marriage to a sexual predictor.  How they can devalue their daughters so much, i can't grasp this, maybe it is because I AM a woman and the mother of a daughter, I want her to be treated the same and as respected and worthy as my son. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived