IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

35 minutes ago, kmary1 said:

In the photo of the 17 year old everyone has been talking about, I noticed another girl in the background who appears to be wearing jeans. Gasp! Between her and the girl in the red dress way above the knee, this party is pretty defrauding. I also enjoyed Jessa's smug slide glare. And in the 2nd photo, on the left side above Jana's head, there appears to be a "congratulations" banner and another sign that starts with "Tim Popped"... what's that about?

I imagine it would be short for "Tim Popped the Question" or something similar, as it was an engagement party for him and Tabitha Paine. EDIT: MargaretElliott beat me to it!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Tabitha Paine recently got engaged to a Tim... Robertson? Maybe that's his last name? I think it was New Year's. Tim popped the question?

Yes, Tabitha is engaged to be married to Tim Robertson of Knoxville (I think) Tennessee. He's basically a contractor and is 44 yrs old, 13 yrs older than Tabitha. 

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Yes, Tabitha is engaged to be married to Tim Robertson of Knoxville (I think) Tennessee. He's basically a contractor and is 44 yrs old, 13 yrs older than Tabitha. 

Hey, considering that she's been a SAHD/Duggar tutor, he's a catch! He's got a job and she can get the hell out the TTH

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Now I think with Tabitha leaving that they're going to go down the list of other SAHD

I'm happy for Tabitha. The Paine family seems like relatively good people as fundies go and she was venturing into old maid territory. I feel terrible for Jana though. Losing Tabitha and likely Joy soon after means more work for cinderjana. 

I am happy that Tabitha will leave their home and have her own life as a married woman.

I feel bad for Jana because all her eligible sisters are married or courting and she's stuck at home.

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I just had a baby last month (exactly one month today actually; happy one month Peanut!) My bump went away very quickly - to the point that people didn't believe I had a week-old child because I was so tiny again.

You'd think that would be a good thing, but my baby was almost six weeks premature. So every time someone mentioned how small I looked, it was another unneeded reminder that my baby came so early and was in NICU for a week.

I have so been there. I lost all my pregnancy weight very fast. Being terrified your babies will die doesn't really promote a healthy appetite so I wasn't really eating at all for weeks after they were born. Easy to lose weight when you are not taking care of yourself at all. Thankfully I went between home and the NICU and no where else so no one ever commented on it. But I swear I wore my maternity jeans until they were falling off me because I was so sad to not be pregnant anymore.

The only thing I say to anyone about their looks is that they look great. Or I like their hair. Or their outfit is cute. Or whatever. Nothing about weight or anything like that. When someone is pregnant...I don't tell them they look big or tiny. I just say they look cute or great or something along those lines. Same goes for new moms. Or any other human being.

Communication is an interesting concept especially when you factor in human emotion, the psyche and in recent years, social media.

I have found that rarely when someone makes a comment like for example, about how someone looks that they are intentionally trying to be mean. And I think it's really important to remember that the messenger does not control how a comment is received or interpreted in a conversation.

I really think the rise in social media communication has been to the detriment of face to face conversation and interpretation of words. It's almost to the point where people are afraid to say anything in order to not offend.

It's really a sad and unhealthy trajectory. The art of accepting a nice compliment is going away. If you say something you offend and if you say nothing or avoid certain topics, you also offend. 

:shrugs:

10 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I'm happy for Tabitha. The Paine family seems like relatively good people as fundies go and she was venturing into old maid territory. I feel terrible for Jana though. Losing Tabitha and likely Joy soon after means more work for cinderjana. 

Didn't her father tell a sex abuse victim to eat a protein bar to deal with her trauma? 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Didn't her father tell a sex abuse victim to eat a protein bar to deal with her trauma? 

What?!??? I need to hear more about this. I know pretty much nothing about this family.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The only thing I say to anyone about their looks is that they look great. Or I like their hair. Or their outfit is cute. Or whatever. Nothing about weight or anything like that. When someone is pregnant...I don't tell them they look big or tiny. I just say they look cute or great or something along those lines. Same goes for new moms. Or any other human being.

This is a wise move ClaraOswin. Recently I have noticed younger girls and young adult women that look pregnant and mostly it is because of posture. I know I sound absolutely Victorian but it seems no one tells them to stand up straight. So many walk around slouched over, shoulders and back. If they ever realized it would make their bust look better/bigger and possibly a thinner stomach I'm betting they would do it. Maybe it is because they are always hunched over their phone and no, I'm really not 100 years old.

19 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

What?!??? I need to hear more about this. I know pretty much nothing about this family.

It's talked about a bit in this thread 

"

According to his bio, Stephen Paine is currently a physician at a prison, so I don't think he is a chiro. He also served as the physician for the staff at the IBLP headquarters at one point. 

In the lawsuit it says that Dr. Paine was employed by IBLP at that time and he did the examination. Jane Doe II was a minor living at the training center as a student during at that time. He said she was suffering from extreme stress and told her to eat a protein bar. Jane Doe II had informed Gothard and the staff that she was a victim of sexual abuse." - from FormerGothardite.

I need to read up on it myself because that's the only part of it I remember. 

15 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Chad's father Dr. Paine was on the board at IBLP and was reported to have advised on of Gothard's alleged victims to eat a protein bar, along with other insulting advice, when she came to him for counseling. (In effect totally disregarding her claims). It has been discussed in the Gothard threads in Snark. I think a few of us have brought it up several times when folks in the Bates thread have gone on about how lovely and totally progressive they think Chad Paine is.

16 minutes ago, sansan said:

This is a wise move ClaraOswin. Recently I have noticed younger girls and young adult women that look pregnant and mostly it is because of posture. I know I sound absolutely Victorian but it seems no one tells them to stand up straight. So many walk around slouched over, shoulders and back. If they ever realized it would make their bust look better/bigger and possibly a thinner stomach I'm betting they would do it. Maybe it is because they are always hunched over their phone and no, I'm really not 100 years old.

Yes! And that slouching leads to back and neck pain...

Did anyone see Cathy's birthday tweet? I just don't get these people. Why must everything be turned into a comment on abortion!?

The Paines, Bates, Websters, and Duggars (and by extension their in-laws) are evil people. That has been stated many times and has been backed up with proof. Why the hell should we be happy when they marry and breed? Do we honestly think marriage and children brings about change? I don't.

Is her tweet different from her Instagram? Her Insta post didn't mention abortion.

cldillaYep, it's finally here! Seems like 30 was just yesterday! So happy to be here, every day is a gift! Thanks for the party @derickdillard @jillmdillard @justdand @deena.dillard

I thought maybe the 'happy to be here' was the reference, but I assume she is talking about surviving cancer. 

Her tweet says - "It's my birthday. I told God all I want is for abortion to end so all babies will have the same chance at life that I did!"

5 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Her tweet says - "It's my birthday. I told God all I want is for abortion to end so all babies will have the same chance at life that I did!"

Where is the vomit emoji?  

Ugh.

Not at her being pro life, but because she's so obnoxious about it.

The only time I comment on someone's weight is if they're less than a year old. Because chubby babies are the best babies. I love the little round cheeks :56247996df987_Puppy!aww:

And that birthday tweet is... wow. Just wow. That's unnecessary. And distasteful. I know where Derick gets his tendencies to be an asshat on twitter. It's genetic!

Who says God's going to get you a birthday present anyway, Cathy?  He's not Santa Claus.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived