IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

I guess I can't say anything about anyone's kitchen appliance preferences.  If money were no object, I would turn my kitchen into a 1940's kitchen, complete with salmon pink and aqua. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we moved here we got rid of our own Kenmore stove which I loved. The owners had installed a JennAir with the exhaust going out the side of the house like a dryer. It's got all sorts of fancy stuff, but I love the 60 second boil as well as the low low simmer setting. My husband has managed to screw up the burners because he doesn't cover things. One rainy day I will take off all the burners, clean it and clean the gas widgets with a toothpick so the gas comes out and lights with the auto lighter. 

42 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Also think that Tina and Drew sliding on top of the reversals looks incredibly dangerous. The last photo of Mary and Drew sitting up is much better. 

Ok, maybe not dangerous, but not very safe. It'd be OK on a shallow slope but not on a steep one.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking this is not a very good idea. If my siblings did that with my children, I would NOT be happy.... just sayin'

I take it Wonder Woman Melanie is not on bed rest as she was able to get a weekend away with Crazy Eyed Nathan.

If I did know better I would say that looks like fun. Of course I do, so sliding down the driveway must be Christ honouring or godly or something. 

It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Next week, (drumroll) time to fast with Steve and Teri! Or anti-fast, if that's therapeutic for you. They are getting better with that; just say "here's where to sign up for ladies, and he's where to sign up for men". None of this "single young" ones; we're all equal if we're adults. Generally women can't fast as long as men? Well, less women can because of pregnancy and nursing. Is it easier or harder to fast when you have your period or are in the peak of menopause/peri-menopause? Let the research begin.

58 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Next week, (drumroll) time to fast with Steve and Teri! Or anti-fast, if that's therapeutic for you. They are getting better with that; just say "here's where to sign up for ladies, and he's where to sign up for men". None of this "single young" ones; we're all equal if we're adults. Generally women can't fast as long as men? Well, less women can because of pregnancy and nursing. Is it easier or harder to fast when you have your period or are in the peak of menopause/peri-menopause? Let the research begin.

I assumed the women folk fasted for less time for a few reasons because women are doing most of the work and that makes it harder to fast - childrearing, house cleaning, meal preparation. That takes a lot of energy compare that to men, who read their bibles or maybe talk on the phone/write on the computer for their jobs. Doesn't take as much energy(ie. food) 

That sledding actually looks damn fun (and a bit dangerous, too, but the ice looks very smooth and the driveway not too steep). I just hope they didn't slide across the road because that's dangerous as hell and sets a very bad example for the little kids, even if there's an adult checking on cars coming their way. It's nice to see real joy and exhilaration on their faces. Jesse seems to really enjoy it, and take a look at Tina's face in the second last photo where she's racing with Mary against Jesse & Bethany - I can hear her shrieking with excitement!  Such genuine and sadly so rare Maxwell pictures.

that is not steve's driveway. their driveway is completely flat. they do live at the top of a hill.

Excellent. Tuesdays are when I have no classes. I can pig out aaaaaaallllllll day and lie in bed watching Netflix. SCORE.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

That sledding actually looks damn fun (and a bit dangerous, too, but the ice looks very smooth and the driveway not too steep). I just hope they didn't slide across the road because that's dangerous as hell and sets a very bad example for the little kids, even if there's an adult checking on cars coming their way. It's nice to see real joy and exhilaration on their faces. Jesse seems to really enjoy it, and take a look at Tina's face in the second last photo where she's racing with Mary against Jesse & Bethany - I can hear her shrieking with excitement!  Such genuine and sadly so rare Maxwell pictures.

That's the first picture that I have seen in ages where Jesse looks genuinely happy. 

3 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

It's the moet you've all been waiting fo r! Next week, (drumroll) time to fast with Steve and Teri! Or anti-fast, if that's therapeutic for you. They are getting better with that; just say "here's where to sign up for ladies, and he's where to sign up for men". None of this "single young" ones; we're all equal if we're adults. Generally women can't fast as long as men? Well, less women can because of pregnancy and nursing. Is it easier or harder to fast when you have your period or are in the peak of menopause/peri-menopause? Let the research begin.

Unfortunately im on a diet now so I cant anti-fast.  List 10 lbs since Thanksgiving and already Ive plateaued.  Any suggestions?

On 1/6/2017 at 4:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This reminds me very much of my parents' wedding picture. My parents were married in1976. I'm guessing Teri and Steve were married close to 76.

Yes--I immediately thought mid-'70s. Teri's gown is similar in cut to the one I wore in 1973, and Steve's getup is like the one a friend wore in 1974.

15 hours ago, Fun-Dee said:

I guess I can't say anything about anyone's kitchen appliance preferences.  If money were no object, I would turn my kitchen into a 1940's kitchen, complete with salmon pink and aqua. 

Lots of the 1955-built houses in my old neighborhood had that color scheme, too!

26 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Unfortunately im on a diet now so I cant anti-fast.  List 10 lbs since Thanksgiving and already Ive plateaued.  Any suggestions?

I think to fit the definition of an anti-fast, it doesn't necessarily have to be food-oriented, just FUN.  Decadent!  So anything that feels luxurious to you would work -- a hot bubble bath?  Shopping spree?  Evening of quiet reading/raucous party/whatever is your thing that you don't feel you get enough of?  Give yourself permission to indulge in whatever you enjoy (that doesn't mess up your real life, of course).

I'm trying to lose those last 10 pounds and have been plateau'd for months now.  (I think that I need to up my exercise level just a bit rather than reduce my food more, but that's just a guess)  So I don't participate in the anti-fasts in a food-related way either, but I do try to do something indulgent as my way of playing.

Hmmm. Next Tuesday is a typical work day. Wait, actually, it will be the first Tuesday of a full five day week since Xmas - - I've had Monday off for four consecutive weeks and am dreading that full week next week already.

I may have to eat my disappointment in boring, real life returning full force. 

I'll have to come up with a damn good & tasy plan for next week's food so I can thoroughly enjoy every bite.

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

I'm trying to lose those last 10 pounds and have been plateau'd for months now.  (I think that I need to up my exercise level just a bit rather than reduce my food more, but that's just a guess) 

Weight is something like 90% diet. Exercise helps with lots of other things, but weight control is only a tiny portion of it. By all means, up your exercise. But also try re-calculating your TDEE and adjusting your calories. As you lose weight, the number of calories you need to maintain decreases. (I'm sure you know this.) 

Anyway, I will not be anti-fasting as I've been kind of in a rut with lots of food and TV lately. If I need to indulge (i don't right now) it will be on something like new boots. : ) 

22 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I don't think I've ever slid my pans across the surface, come to think of it. Sometimes I lift it and sort of shake it, but to slide it around? Why? 

I'm not trying to argue or be rude, I'm really curious if I'm breaking my stove. Or if I'm doing something I don't notice. 

If I'm trying to move(slide) a heavy pot off a burner that's still hot ( as most electric burners stay hot for awhile) then I'd be afraid to scratch the cooktop.  I can slide a canner across the grates on my gas stove without a problem.

I'll have to ask a repairperson if it's possible to shatter  or crack a smooth top accidentally.

David says:

January 13, 2017 at 3:53 am

Happy birthday brother John ! Good to behold your anointed face. May you fulfill your days on earth and see your children’s children. May your youth be renewed like the Eagle’s and your natural force shall not abate. May it be well with your soul – David – Nigeria
>>>>>>
Thank you David. God bless.

So unless this was one of us, it seems most likely that John went to Nigeria on his 'we are not telling you where he has gone' on his what some would call a vacation foreign trip.

oh Stevie...

Speaking of David from Nigeria, in the fasting post he mentions 7 day "dry" fasts.  I'm assuming that means no water?  That seems like an awfully long time without water, doesn't it?

59 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Speaking of David from Nigeria, in the fasting post he mentions 7 day "dry" fasts.  I'm assuming that means no water?  That seems like an awfully long time without water, doesn't it?

Maybe they mean water only? Or is a dry fast fasting from food only and drink whatever you want? I have no idea. I don't eat meat on Fridays in Lent when I remember and that's the extent of my knowledge of fasting...

I know this one!  A dry fast is a complete fast abstaining from both food and drink even water. 

On 1/14/2017 at 10:14 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I like them also! 

(Will never get them! The SO and I both love the smooth countertop stove that we have. Well, we like having the extra counter space and how easy it is to clean.)

But I do love the aesthetic of the Viking ranges! 

I have the glass-top Viking range (because no gas where we live). It's stainless steel, though, not colored, and it doesn't require much polishing because, well, the only time I look at the oven door is when I'm opening it.

21 hours ago, Granwych said:

If I'm trying to move(slide) a heavy pot off a burner that's still hot ( as most electric burners stay hot for awhile) then I'd be afraid to scratch the cooktop.  I can slide a canner across the grates on my gas stove without a problem.

I'll have to ask a repairperson if it's possible to shatter  or crack a smooth top accidentally.

One problem with the glass top range is that a pressure canner will shatter it. I have to use an old-style coil element hotplate for pressure canning.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:14 AM, gustava said:

I have found that the smooth tops are much harder to keep clean.

single-edge razor blades are your friend. My stove came with a plastic holder for the razor blades. 17 years and no scratches yet!

*Maxwells issue yet another blog post to let readers know they're having yet another fast*

Matthew 6:16

"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Pretty sure a fast is supposed to be between you and God.  You don't host a fast like it's a damn party.  You keep it to yourself, and devote your time to prayer.

I'm an Atheist, and even I know they're doing it wrong.

*side note* Why does there need to be a men's and women's sign-up sheet?  Freaks...

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

*Maxwells issue yet another blog post to let readers know they're having yet another fast*

Matthew 6:16

Pretty sure a fast is supposed to be between you and God.  You don't host a fast like it's a damn party.  You keep it to yourself, and devote your time to prayer.

I'm an Atheist, and even I know they're doing it wrong.

*side note* Why does there need to be a men's and women's sign-up sheet?  Freaks...

Probably because they think men and women have separate issues? Men need to be the spiritual leaders of the home and women need to have babies?

They probably think letting everyone know is OK because they want prayer requests. They want to know who to "cry out" for. Praying for an end to abortion or for the unsaved to convert is all well and good (in their mind anyway) but maybe having a specific request in mind might help them feel more connected to their leghumpers?

Idk. The Maxwells are weird.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived