IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 2

Destiny

9 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Which is it?

It's as I clarified (you know, the part that you conveniently clipped out?) The plenty of people are mostly acquaintances. 

14 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Because if you're voting for laws or candidates seeking to prevent or dismantle equality protections for homosexuals, it's not just your opinion that you think inside your own head and never foist upon anyone who doesn't directly ask for it.  Of course, you've dodged that question so far.  Think whatever you want.  Think Grimace the purple McDonald's monster is your god and the name "Steve" is an abomination and whatever the hell else you want.  The moment you start trying to make the rest of us live according to your religious beliefs is the moment I have a problem.

I don't vote. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snarkysally said:

It's as I clarified (you know, the part that you conveniently clipped out?) The plenty of people are mostly acquaintances. 

I don't vote. 

OK then.  I no longer care what you think about homosexuality, except to the extent that I hope - for their own sakes - that none of your children turn out to be gay and have to deal with what that might mean for them.

13 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Maybe you would feel better if you stopped hating gay people?

I don't hate gay people. I understand that my Biblical beliefs offend you, but please stop with the false accusations. I don't hate anyone. I think a lot of things are sinful (as outlined in the Bible), Literally every single person on the planet has sinned. I don't hate those people either. Although on that note, maybe you should stop hating Bible-believing people. Remember you are the only one who called out an individual solely with the intent to shame them. I never did that.

Just now, snarkysally said:

I don't hate gay people. I understand that my Biblical beliefs offend you, but please stop with the false accusations. I don't hate anyone. I think a lot of things are sinful (as outlined in the Bible), I don't hate those people either. Although on that note, maybe you should stop hating fat people. Remember you are the only one who called out an individual solely with the intent to shame them. I never did that.

My measurements are 40-30-40. I wear a size 12 and am overweight. I love to eat and it's not a sin. Shame away!!!

I don't hate gay people. I understand that my Biblical beliefs offend you, but please stop with the false accusations. I don't hate anyone. I think a lot of things are sinful (as outlined in the Bible), I don't hate those people either. Although on that note, maybe you should stop hating fat people. Remember you are the only one who called out an individual solely with the intent to shame them. I never did that.

Which bible do your so-called biblical beliefs come from. I don't think your beliefs are biblical at all. Focus on your own sin and just loving everybody. Jesus did say get the plank out of your own eye before being concerned about the toothpick in somebody else's. 

The way I see it, sin in and of itself doesn't exclude one from heaven. Plenty of otherwise wonderful people are "sinners" and I don't believe for a second that any of them are going to hell. So why would gay people be sent to hell if all sins are equal? (I do not believe homosexuality is a sin, though.)

The only mention of truly horrible things are mortal sins and those are Big Deals, like murder, stealing, assault, etc. Homosexuality is not included in that list and therefore I don't think gay people have anything to worry about as long as they're not crazy sociopaths :)

13 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

My measurements are 40-30-40. I wear a size 12 and am overweight. I love to eat and it's not a sin. Shame away!!!

Again, I have no desire to shame you or anybody else. 

Again, I have no desire to shame you or anybody else. 

You just think gays are sinners! Which isn't at all shameful.

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's unfortunate. Why?

It's just a personal decision. But, do you see how you can have an opinion on someone else's choices even if they don't affect you? My personal decision not to vote really doesn't affect you in any way yet you think it's unfortunate. 

7 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

You just think gays are sinners! Which isn't at all shameful.

I think everyone, including myself, are sinners. Why do you only fixate on gay people when I've clearly said ALL people over and over?

It's just a personal decision. But, do you see how you can have an opinion on someone else's choices even if they don't affect you? My personal decision not to vote really doesn't affect you in any way yet you think it's unfortunate. 

As a member of this society, non voters for damn sure affect others.

15 minutes ago, Meridae said:

The way I see it, sin in and of itself doesn't exclude one from heaven. Plenty of otherwise wonderful people are "sinners" and I don't believe for a second that any of them are going to hell. So why would gay people be sent to hell if all sins are equal? (I do not believe homosexuality is a sin, though.)

The only mention of truly horrible things are mortal sins and those are Big Deals, like murder, stealing, assault, etc. Homosexuality is not included in that list and therefore I don't think gay people have anything to worry about as long as they're not crazy sociopaths :)

This is not what the Bible teaches.  

Well thank goodness for small miracles. Keep on not voting, you crazy diamond.

My personal decision not to vote really doesn't affect you in any way yet you think it's unfortunate. 

Many, many women before you fought tooth and nails to get us the right to vote in the US, and I am assuming you are a female in the US....

There are a multitude of women around the planet that have no voice, no chance to vote.  You have it.  

I am stunned you choose not to vote.

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

As a member of this society, non voters for damn sure affect others.

No it doesn't. My choice not to vote doesn't affect you personally at all. I didn't vote in the presidential election and you had no clue. You were not affected. 

7 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I am stunned you choose not to vote.

It's none of your business! I am stunned that you think it's okay for you to have an opinion on whether or not I vote, but it's not okay for me to have an opinion on what the Bible calls sin. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy there?

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Which bible?

The Holy Bible. The only one I am aware of. 

This is not what the Bible teaches.  

The Bible teaches a lot of truly ridiculous, outdated things. Therefore I have the right to use the mind that God gave me and discount it as silliness. I prefer logic, my own God-given heart and human kindness, to a book that claims both homosexuality and bacon as no-nos in the same verse.

I used to believe homosexuality was a sin, too, so I empathize with your way of thinking. But putting it in context with what Jesus did and taught, the other whacky "sins" most people have discounted by now, it simply is not rational. Hell must be pretty full by now if wearing polyester/wool sweaters are a sin! :)

10 minutes ago, snarkysally said:

I think everyone, including myself, are sinners. Why do you only fixate on gay people when I've clearly said ALL people over and over?

Half of the voting population didn't vote in this past election. And now an orange narcissistic idiot is our president. So yes, non voters affect us all. 

6 minutes ago, snarkysally said:

It's none of your business! I am stunned that you think it's okay for you to have an opinion on whether or not I vote, but it's not okay for me to have an opinion on what the Bible calls sin. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy there?

Yet again, I ask you: why is homosexuality bad other than the fact that the Bible said it was? Because the Bible says that mixing meat with milk is bad, but plenty of people eat cheeseburgers. The Bible says that women on their periods are unclean, but I don't see you living in a tent in the backyard when Aunt Flo arrives. And I certainly don't imagine that you'd go around "lovingly" judging people as horrible sinners for eating cheeseburgers and associating with other people while they're on the rag. So why is being gay any different? Why do we hold onto that one when we've acknowledged that St. Peter will probably let us past the velvet rope even if we put some Monterrey Jack on our burgers and wear mixed fibers and eat shrimp?

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Half of the voting population didn't vote in this past election. And now an orange narcissistic idiot is our president. So yes, non voters affect us all. 

Except those voters could just as easily have voted for Trump (I can assure you I wouldn't have voted for HIllary Clinton!). You are not directly affected by my not voting anymore than I am directly affected by anyone else's benign choices. You guys just have your own version of which personal choices are allowed to be judged/critiqued/opined and which choices aren't. 

10 minutes ago, snarkysally said:

Wrap it up gals and guys, she has the power of the Holy Bible. 

9 minutes ago, snarkysally said:

So to be clear everyone sins and thus is a sinner?  And all sins are equal so stealing a cookie is the same level of crime as murder?  And there is some list of sexual acts which are sins as well?

couple things...one I'd feel far more wronged if someone murdered me then if they broke into my cookie stash.  Two if I'm already a sinner like everyone and will continue to and they are all equal why would I limit myself to boring sins like petty theft when for the same penalty I could have my choice of sex off the forbidden list.

idk about you guys, but if I'm going to do time for something I'm going down for amazing multiple orgasms over petty theft of baked goods.

so the bible says gay people are sinning but doesn't it also say something about judging not lest ye be judged?  How does that reconcile?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived