IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 2

Destiny

9 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I'm just sitting here, in line, waiting for @Gabe to answer my questions about government.

although I do wonder how I'm even doing that, since apparently my lesbian self doesn't exist, does that mean I don't exist either? (Touches arm) hmmmm......I feel real.....and my desire to have relationships with other women and not men feels equally real......what is real anyway.......

anyway. If you're going to be saying my life is a sin you better be wearing 100% cotton or wool, is all.

I just got a Christmas card from a lesbian couple who apparently doesn't exist! I wonder how they managed to mail it?:confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It really is. I love rose gold. 

So I'm going to a James Bond themed gala for New Year's (so excited!). I think I'm going to wear a new slinky black dress with silver heels and a silver clutch I already own. Since it's NYE, and a little more bling is acceptable, could I do gold nails and a gold and silver headband? What is the official FJ stance on the mixing of metallics?

Here's the dress. Under a spoiler cause it's kinda Nike. 

Hide contents

download.png

I've been reading along in a rather frustrated state, unable to contribute to this discussion.....until now. And I simply must comment, @nausicaa. Because that dress is fucking gorgeous!  Who cares if you mix your metals or not (you should, by the way), because no one will notice!  You will slay in that dress!!

I'm finding @Gabe terribly dull.  He's coming over as too young to form a cogent argument and we've had far better opponents.  Gabe dismisses all points he disagrees with as half formed, hearsay and speculative, and tells us to go and read the Bible as a last resort.  If he really thought his little supporter was ever a CPS worker, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn on the market.

@nausicaa that dress is absolutely gorgeous.  I say go ahead and mix the metallics and I love that rose gold nail polish.  I wish I could get away with an outfit like that, but talk about mutton dressed as lamb. :)

Thanks all! I will post an update and maybe some pics in AYTFJ after the event. 

It's pretty flattering to the rear area, if I do say so myself...

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm finding @Gabe terribly dull.  He's coming over as too young to form a cogent argument and we've had far better opponents.  Gabe dismisses all points he disagrees with as half formed, hearsay and speculative, and tells us to go and read the Bible as a last resort.  If he really thought his little supporter was ever a CPS worker, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn on the market.

@nausicaa that dress is absolutely gorgeous.  I say go ahead and mix the metallics and I love that rose gold nail polish.  I wish I could get away with an outfit like that, but talk about mutton dressed as lamb. 

That's a favourite quote of my Mum's, too. I think older women might be able to wear it though. It even covers the upper arms should anyone have upper arms that benefit from covering. :tw_tounge_wink:

I think @Gabe seems fairly intelligent, which is a good thing. But he does have his biblical blinders on which is the reason I didn't enter the discussion. I mean, what is the point? The 'god is real' comeback to the 'science is real' comment did me in I'm afraid. 

I think if I told how I can scientifically explain the 10 plagues Gabe's head might explode. 

Does anyone know of a bible that is just things Jesus said with just enough context to make a story? I'd totally get that bible. 

7 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Thanks all! I will post an update and maybe some pics in AYTFJ after the event. 

It's pretty flattering to the rear area, if I do say so myself...

Clothing that highlights certain "assets" (heh) is always a big thumbs up in my book. When you've got it, flaunt it!

32 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I just got a Christmas card from a lesbian couple who apparently doesn't exist! I wonder how they managed to mail it?:confusion-scratchheadblue:

Possibly via one of these wonderful post boxes in Stockholm? :-)

postnord-post-box-postbox-stockhom-sweden-gay-pride-rainbow-lgbt-.jpg

@nausicaa--That is certainly a gorgeous dress! The mixed silver and gold should look fabulous with it. (And I look forward to pics of you looking fabulous in it!)

Are you planning to use a wrap of any kind, in case your arms get cold? It's just that I see bare arms for a NYE party and I think, "Brrrr!" A slinky metallic wrap might go. Or maybe you won't need to worry because it won't be cold at the party. :think:

10 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I think older women might be able to wear it though. It even covers the upper arms should anyone have upper arms that benefit from covering. 

It's not the upper arms so much as the decolletage.  Who knew that could get wrinkles?  My face looks unwrinkled in comparison so I prefer to cover my cleavage.  

14 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I think @Gabe seems fairly intelligent, which is a good thing. But he does have his biblical blinders on which is the reason I didn't enter the discussion. I mean, what is the point? The 'god is real' comeback to the 'science is real' comment did me in I'm afraid. 

Intelligent enough.  It's the arrogance of that particular brand of masculine youth that lost my interest.  And definitely his thinking that 'god is real' was a clever comeback. :lol:

1 hour ago, charmedforsure said:

I'm thinking I might do my nails either in silver glitter or rose gold glitter for Christmas/New Year's. The nice part about glitter polish is it's so easy to touch up!

Rose gold glitter would be to die for!!  And it would match my phone!  Right now I have teal glitter on my toes, but I will probably switch it out to silver for Christmas. And definitely red glitter for my hands. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

It's a genetic aberration. Plenty of people have genetic conditions. 

Did you notify your god the creator of the fact he created aberrations too?

I don't know how it sounds in English but in my language "aberration" is an harsh word. I mean if anyone for whatever reason would ever define me "an aberration" it would be like being knifed.

It's generally pejorative here to @laPapessaGiovanna. Although, there are times that being aberrant from the person calling me that would come as high praise. At least he didn't say deformed. That would have been way worse, imo.

21 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Did you notify your god the creator of the fact he created aberrations too?

A lot of these folk think that aberrations are the works of Satan.  Their God is surprisingly powerless against the devil.

Definitely a harsh word and used by Gabe in a pejorative sense here.

42 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's not the upper arms so much as the decolletage.  Who knew that could get wrinkles?  My face looks unwrinkled in comparison so I prefer to cover my cleavage.  

I know!  Now, if I could just find a dress that covers my arms, neck and face, I'd be good to go. Otherwise, I look great! :mullet:

(Still amuses the crap out of me that when I type 'look' on my iPad, @halcionne helpfully pops up as a nice option, in her avatar form, of course.)

1. Even if, for the sake of the argument, being gay WAS an orientaion, or a choice. What would be the issue? The person is not trying to have sex with you, he/she is just trying to live her life. It shouldn't really be an issue to you, since it does not affect you? live and let live and all that ...

2. What do people in your opinion gain by claiming they are gay? I am not gay myself, so I don't know what it is like to be gay, or as you say, "feel same sex attraction". But if a person stands across from me and says: " I am gay and I have always known, the way you know you are not gay", why would I not believe him/her? I just don't understand how you automatically believe a person is lying, why would they want to ? Being gay really does not come with any advantages in this world, quite the opposite actually, so I don't understand how you think so many people would just claim to be gay, when they are really not.

3. This is my main point: you say you don't know much about some topics (which i find very amendable, people tend to talk too much about things they don't know anything about and too few people admit to not knowing something) and here is the thing: I don't either! I think I know what an intersex person is, but I don't know anything about the genetic intricacies. I also don't know what it is like to be gay, so technically you could be right! BUT, and this is the big difference: I assume, that if the vast majority of people who are gay say it's not an attraction, they are telling the truth. They know better than me, since I have never been gay. You on the other hand choose to keep assuming that it is an orientation, because thats the only thing that fits into your worldview. 

3 hours ago, dramallama said:

Ooh, rose gold, I hadn't thought about rose gold.  I might have to do that instead.  In fact, I recently picked up this polish:  Huda+Beauty+Formula+X+Color+Curators+Bar

and haven't used it yet.  Perfect!

I want this!

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@nausicaa--That is certainly a gorgeous dress! The mixed silver and gold should look fabulous with it. (And I look forward to pics of you looking fabulous in it!)

Are you planning to use a wrap of any kind, in case your arms get cold? It's just that I see bare arms for a NYE party and I think, "Brrrr!" A slinky metallic wrap might go. Or maybe you won't need to worry because it won't be cold at the party. :think:

Thank you! Yes, it will be cold (outside at least, party is in D.C.) I'm looking at faux fur shrugs right now. My "fancy" coat is a blue wool button down pea coat so it's not going to work this time. I found some nice wraps on etsy for about $50. I haven't decided yet if I'm getting that dress in black or red (I ordered both--I am insane) so I'm waiting on ordering a wrap so I can make sure it matches. I'm just worried about whatever I decide on arriving in time.

Actually, maybe I should start being nicer to Gabe so he or Brigid could whip me something up...

@itsme I'm pretty sure the answer to all of those questions is "Bible". What a lot of fundamentalists don't seem to realize is that while the Bible pretty much stays the same, how people interpret it changes with what society finds acceptable. It is rare for anyone to use the Bible to justify slavery now, but common in the past. Same with women's rights, interracial marriage, and segregation. 

Despite how tragic election this year, acceptance of gay rights is growing and the number of people like Gabe is shrinking. In the future I have no doubt that just like with all those other issues, society is going to change how most people view what the Bible says about gay people. 

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Actually, maybe I should start being nicer to Gabe so he or Brigid could whip me something up...

Wear the red and I'm sure Gabe could whip you up a shrug out of the left over fabric from his wedding outfit. :)

I can't help wondering whether Gabe has clicked on the spoiler for your Nike dress.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Wear the red and I'm sure Gabe could whip you up a shrug out of the left over fabric from his wedding outfit. :)

I can't help wondering whether Gabe has clicked on the spoiler for your Nike dress.

Oooh, a tartan shrug. I could pull that off y'all. 

Spoiler was made especially for him ;) Oh, and I was too lazy to shrink the big ass picture. 

Gabe seems prickishly smug to me. I was going to tell him that I am a Christ follower who thinks bible (which bible?) inerrancy is total foolishness. I was also going to tell him that my only job as a Christ follower is to love. Everybody. And not that fake hate the sin, love the person crap.

But, I figured my words would fall into a void, based on his responses thusfar. 

Totally enjoying the polish/dress/ accessories discussion though. 

Oh, and snarkylark? No words. She persists in arguing against a point that nobody here made. It got boring watching her repeat herself.

I also wonder what people are making for Christmas dinner.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Gabe seems prickishly smug to me. I was going to tell him that I am a Christ follower who thinks bible (which bible?) inerrancy is total foolishness. I was also going to tell him that my only job as a Christ follower is to love. Everybody. And not that fake hate the sin, love the person crap.

But, I figured my words would fall into a void, based on his responses thusfar. 

Totally enjoying the polish/dress/ accessories discussion though. 

Oh, and snarkylark? No words. She persists in arguing against a point that nobody here made. It got boring watching her repeat herself.

I also wonder what people are making for Christmas dinner.

I got tired of making turkey for Thanksgiving, then again for Christmas (nobody but I likes ham).  So about 8 years ago I began making cheese enchiladas - a pan with red sauce and a pan with green sauce -, rice and beans.  We eat our dinner on Christmas eve and Christmas day is breakfast casserole, potato casserole, snacks, and leftovers.   

Just now, VooDooChild said:

I got tired of making turkey for Thanksgiving, then again for Christmas (nobody but I likes ham).  So about 8 years ago I began making cheese enchiladas - a pan with red sauce and a pan with green sauce -, rice and beans.  We eat our dinner on Christmas eve and Christmas day is breakfast casserole, potato casserole, snacks, and leftovers.   

My DD would love this! I'm going to think outside the box this year, I'm turkeyed out.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived