IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 2

Destiny

6 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Your point still stans since the NT original language is greek and considering Paul's origins he was familiar with Greek culture. Although not as much with the classic culture I was referring to in my previous post as more probably with some greek subcultures that even if very underrepresented in our sources (because prevalent among the lower parts of society namely women and poors) were very important in laying the cultural foundation for the future development of Christianity eg the orphic cults. 

Ha, I made sense on accident without even really knowing what I'm talking about :D This is some fantastic thread drift. History nerds unite!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, NikeKnees said:

Gahhhh! I hate to think that people would lie about something so serious and traumatic just to "play on sympathies." I can be pretty Polly Anna naive so I appreciate your comment. 

Oh no!  Please never apologize for being a Pollyanna!  I've been accused of being a Pollyanna too.  

It is a difficult balance.  I suppose I think that if  we smell rats we should be able to say so without being accused of being horrible meanies.  FJ does try to guard against this stuff.

I think our default should always be compassion and understanding.  Until we gag.

However, Razing Ruth/Possum, Burris, Anno Domini and more than a few other scammers and destructive emotional vampires ...  It really is a shit storm on the internet.  Healthy skepticism is a good thing.

You'll learn to smell trolls. Often people come off a bit... off, right at first but blend into the forum nicely after time. Trolls always end up showing their ass. Having Pollyanna types around is good for the more jaded among us. :pb_wink: 

8 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Technically,  when the Bible refers to gluttony it's referring to drinking alcohol, not eating.

Really? I never knew that!

...learn something new every day.

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Not according to Proverbs 23, 20-21:  drunkenness and gluttony are separate no-nos. 

"Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags."  

So they should all be vegetarians too.

...still learning...

(Don'tcha love thread drift?)

6 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Winebibber.  Love it.  I should just change my user name to Winebibber.:dance:

Hoping all these replies get merged....

Yeah. I could stand to be a winebibber this evening. *sigh* But as I told one of the offspring today when we were cooling off from a huge verbal battle between "dad" and the offspring earlier today, if you drink when you're angry and sad, chances are it will just make you angrier and sadder.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Not according to Proverbs 23, 20-21:  drunkenness and gluttony are separate no-nos. 

"Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags."  

So they should all be vegetarians too.

I don't know how I glossed over winebibbers. That word is glorious. "Riotous eaters of flesh" was what jumped out at me.

New New Year's resolution? Be a better winebibber. (Totally told my sister on the phone tonight that I need to eat less, drink more in the new year... She likes the idea of me being a somewhat classy wino.)

Who wants a winebibber t-shirt to wear? 

Gabe dismisses all points he disagrees with as half formed,^ hearsay and speculative. - Palimpsest*

I HAVE spent some time in CPS before I quickly got out because of the atrocities, and went to working in a school setting instead. - SnarkySally*

If he really thought his little supporter was ever a CPS worker, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn on the market. - Palimpsest*

Oh the Irony! I'm the one who dismisses points.

Yet Palimpsest dismisses and delegitimizes people who disagree.

^The only argument I ever called half-formed was my own, which I gave as a reason for not expounding on it,

* (I can't figure out how to keep the timestamp verson of a quote when adding quotes from multiple posts.)

I don't have time to catch up with the massive drift that's gone on since I last bothered to log in. Family Christmas starts this weekend so I doubt I'll have time to bother. If you really want an answer to a question you can PM me. I get PM notifications in my email.

16 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yet Palimpsest dismisses and delegitimizes people who disagree.

I think you have misunderstood, the reason people are dismissing her is not because she has a different point of view, it is because she sounds exactly like a troll we once had who continually made up stories.  Plus, her writings do not show a person who has actually been involved in CPS.

That is why from the very beginning people were saying they didn't believe her. Her story didn't sound founded in reality and it seems like we have heard this poster before spinning tales. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think you have misunderstood, the reason people are dismissing her is not because she has a different point of view, it is because she sounds exactly like a troll we once had who continually made up stories.  Plus, her writings do not show a person who has actually been involved in CPS.

All hail the great and powerful all-knowing mind of FJ that can determine one's past affiliations by the way they talk about it. 

(Or by how much they sound like a previous poster.) 

I evidently sound like a number of previous fundie visitors and there are folks floating the theory that I am not who I say I am. 

This concerted and determined delegitimizing has (so far as I can see) only been aimed at the dissenters in the group.

How would it fly, if I, for example, said I don't believe that you used to be a part of a Gothardite family? "Your writings do not show a person who was actually in IBLP" (just pointing out the hypocrisy not actually questioning your background)

23 minutes ago, Gabe said:

How would it fly, if I, for example, said I don't believe that you used to be a part of a Gothardite family? "Your writings do not show a person who was actually in IBLP" (just pointing out the hypocrisy not actually questioning your background)

I've always said no one has to believe me because I could always be a random person on the internet making things up. You can question me all you want. It is best to do that, IMO. If you would like to show how my writings don't demonstrate someone raised in IBLP, please feel free to do so. If people have doubts, they need to raise them. We all learned that with an IBLP faker, Rasing Ruth where people(including me) kept quiet over doubts and things that she wrote that just didn't add up. 

The general consensus is that you are truly who you say. Where did someone say that you sounded like another fundie visitor? I missed that I saw several people ask if we were sure you are the actual Gabe, and it seems like most people feel like you are. 

Actually, one can typically tell if a person is telling the truth about their experience in certain areas. We have had people claiming to be all sorts of things from doctors to lawyers to CPS workers and the real ones sound real, the fake ones are typically quickly discovered because they sound fake.  I found this on other message boards too. You have no idea how many people try to fake a sick child, but after a while it gets easier to spot the fakers. 

And if you look around, there are lots of people on the fundie side here, debates happen and most of the time no one calls them a fake because they sound real and their stories add up. So the claim we outright dismiss anyone who disagrees is false. 

@Gabe We only started challenging her after she started arguing points that hadn't been made, over and over. Once she was pressed it became fairly clear that she was someone that we've dealt with before who claimed that she's done every job out there and had every life experience. Once we suggested that she was said poster, she asked to be deactivated. 

Dissenters are welcome here. If they can have a reasonable discussion about their point of view, most will be respectful. I have disagreed with the majority on occasion and no one has attempted to deligitimize me.

All she needed was an expensive constipated fish and a friend who is getting married to a Hollywood actor. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

All hail the great and powerful all-knowing mind of FJ that can determine one's past affiliations by the way they talk about it. 

(Or by how much they sound like a previous poster.) 

I evidently sound like a number of previous fundie visitors and there are folks floating the theory that I am not who I say I am. 

This concerted and determined delegitimizing has (so far as I can see) only been aimed at the dissenters in the group.

I have believed you are the real Gabe from the start since you gave me no reason to believe otherwise. 

But Sally's posts were very different from yours in my opinion. She sounded like she had no experience in CPS and contradicted herself a couple of times. She also deflected like crazy and played the victim in almost every post. 

The thing is, once someone says something unbelievable, I'm going to side eye the rest of their comments. 

Honestly snarkysally didn't remind me of a past poster but of a current one that sometimes likes to troll us in a similar way (iirc last time it was re Hillary pneumonia) and with a similar username too, she never flounced though.  I don't think sally was a sock, @Destiny is pretty good at finding those, just someone with similarly warped thought processes and with a similar inability to let things go. 

Hey guys, did you know Gabe is SO very important because he's SO very busy?! 

20 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I felt kind of wistful at mention of his "family Christmas", actually. 

I wish them the best, including an egalitarian marriage where they are equal partners and he never treats her like one would a dependent child or lesser being (even if it must masquerade under the guise of complimentarianism).

ETA: ...and he doesn't stand by while other men (such as so-called elders) treat her like a lesser being, as well.

18 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If he thinks he's busy now, just wait until kids come into the picture. 

I thought I was busy before I had kids. Hahahahahaha! I was stupid.

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he thinks he's busy now, just wait until kids come into the picture. 

I thought I was busy before I had kids. Hahahahahaha! I was stupid.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

<snip for brevity>

I don't have time to catch up with the massive drift that's gone on since I last bothered to log in. Family Christmas starts this weekend so I doubt I'll have time to bother. If you really want an answer to a question you can PM me. I get PM notifications in my email.

37 minutes ago, refugee said:

I felt kind of wistful at mention of his "family Christmas", actually. 

I wish them the best, including an egalitarian marriage where they are equal partners and he never treats her like one would a dependent child or lesser being (even if it must masquerade under the guise of complimentarianism).

ETA: ...and he doesn't stand by while other men (such as so-called elders) treat her like a lesser being, as well.

yeah, i have to say i'm wistful and a bit envious of @Gabe's week-long family Christmas; Mr. CatLady and i will have two days.  of course, i do have a non-ideal full-time job which eats up a lot of my time, and the nature of both my job and Mr. CL's prevent us from taking more than one day off around Christmas and New Year.  we'd love to be busy with family fun, but the real world keeps getting in the way.

and since i'd still like to know why it's "less than ideal for the wife to work outside the home,"  i just might take up Gabe's invitation to PM him.  My company employs several hundred married women, without whom our clients would genuinely suffer.  i consider their employment to be ideal in every way.

New post up from Brigid. I really do like her outfit here. Probably because I own pieces just like the stuff she's wearing (sans the boots... I hate boots because they hate me... damn wide calves!). And I'm a sucker for a good rust/hunter combo. But damn, if she made that velvet skirt... that's plain awesome. 

Mostly open cardigan, just buttoned at the waist to create shape. Saturated hues for still appropriate for fall/winter (especially compared to the bland washed-out neutrals her sister wore in yesterday's post). It's a good balance.

But the poses... No fake laughing today (*phew*). Lakeside looking into the distance... Would make a good Christian Rock album cover. Like this one:

south-park49.jpg

Her post about missing home is a bit sad. I hope she gets involved in the community she moved to with Gabe, so she can make her new residence feel like where she belongs. And I sure hope Jessica hasn't continued with the "you're dead to us" business.

9 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

Lakeside looking into the distance...

Six pictures of her gazing wistfully into the distance. :laughing-jumpingpurple: She looks lovely, but she knew she looked lovely and that is exactly why she posted them. I cannot pull off the gazing into the distance look. Two years ago we hired a photographer to take family pictures and for one pose she wanted us to stare into the distance. I ended up with confused looks on my face for every one of the "look into the distance" pictures. 

18 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

New post up from Brigid. I really do like her outfit here. Probably because I own pieces just like the stuff she's wearing (sans the boots... I hate boots because they hate me... damn wide calves!). And I'm a sucker for a good rust/hunter combo. But damn, if she made that velvet skirt... that's plain awesome. 

Mostly open cardigan, just buttoned at the waist to create shape. Saturated hues for still appropriate for fall/winter (especially compared to the bland washed-out neutrals her sister wore in yesterday's post). It's a good balance.

But the poses... No fake laughing today (*phew*). Lakeside looking into the distance... Would make a good Christian Rock album cover. Like this one:

south-park49.jpg

Her post about missing home is a bit sad. I hope she gets involved in the community she moved to with Gabe, so she can make her new residence feel like where she belongs. And I sure hope Jessica hasn't continued with the "you're dead to us" business.

I also like her outfit. It's Christmas-y without being gaudy or too much. I like her boots too. My giant calves also hate boots :-(

Gabe: If she's feeling homesick she needs to come up with new holiday traditions for just the two of you. I personally think it's the best way to fight holiday homesickness.

Gosh, how will we EVER be able to read that blog without wondering if they are TROLLING us or not?!

I like both outfits on the blog. 

I could see where Sally was coming from in her earlier posts and really tried to give her a bit of support early on. It just went on and on though. It became rather tedious to keep up with so I don't blame Gabe for not following it.

Brigid looks and sounds positively thrilled about married life. What a testimony for their lifestyle! On the plus side, if they ever do a post about grief they can re-use the photos! :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived