IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shadoewolf and @FakePigtails,  both the Naturally Curly website and Lorraine Massey's book Curly Girl: the Handbook have information about caring for curly kid's hair.  Avoiding brushes and combs and conditioning as @FakePigtails already mentioned are keys, but many curly heads also avoid sulfates in shampoos by co-washing or using a cleansing conditioner.  I wish I known about this stuff when I was a kid.  Everyone always loved my curly hair and I hated it because it was a PITA.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

The nipples? Which makes me think it's a girl, because baby girl nipples are defrauding but baby boy nipples aren't. :pb_rollseyes: Not that you can make out that kind of detail anyway...

I'm on a laptop and when I tilt the screen different ways it's clear (to me, at least) that the shoulder/nipple area was just naturally dark in the US, but the "lower" area has been manually censored.

32 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Shadoewolf and @FakePigtails,  both the Naturally Curly website and Lorraine Massey's book Curly Girl: the Handbook have information about caring for curly kid's hair.  Avoiding brushes and combs and conditioning as @FakePigtails already mentioned are keys, but many curly heads also avoid sulfates in shampoos by co-washing or using a cleansing conditioner.  I wish I known about this stuff when I was a kid.  Everyone always loved my curly hair and I hated it because it was a PITA.

Those resources have been so great for me, especially the website. That's where I found out about squish to condish, which works really well for me. It seriously made such a big difference in my confidence when I figured out my hair - and it's so easy to do! Before I felt so self-conscious of my appearance because everyone else could make their hair look put together, so between that, not being good with clothes and not doing make-up (never learned and hated the feeling when I had it done for special events) I just felt awful at anything nicer than a very casual event. I still don't do make up and have only barely figured out clothes but feeling good about my hair more than makes up for those issues :)

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

They're probably censoring out the genitals, because they would be defrauding :my_rolleyes:

Or to keep us in suspense. Either way though, it will probably be a cute baby but more than that healthy. Healthy baby, healthy Mom, that's the hope! 

I have naturally curly hair so I know the drill there. Hers is completely different texture, mine is thinner and silky. I get flyaways. Hers is coarse and thick. I'm really not racist but its like African American poof in the back of her head. She has to brush it out of the shower or it mattes. The flat iron and Tigi heat cream seem to help but only for a few hours. Thinking about dunking her head in coconut oil next!

20160809_112728-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

I have naturally curly hair so I know the drill there. Hers is completely different texture, mine is thinner and silky. I get flyaways. Hers is coarse and thick. I'm really not racist but its like African American poof in the back of her head. She has to brush it out of the shower or it mattes. The flat iron and Tigi heat cream seem to help but only for a few hours. Thinking about dunking her head in coconut oil next!

20160809_112728-1.jpg

Nothing wrong with that :my_cool: 

Have you tried thicker leave-ins, like a custard consistency?

So I just realized that, unless Baby Seaweed #2 makes an early entrance, there won't have been any new Duggar spawn born in 2016. With the way things are going, this may be the last such year in a veeeeery long time.

I'm thinking Jessa and Ben's legacy will be a horde of good-looking children with the world's ugliest names.

Spurgeon is adorable. He seems to be a cheerful, active kind of kid. Which is a good sign about their parenting. Of course he's young, but at least he doesn't seem timid, scared, fussy, or have other signs of a negative home environment. We'll have to see as he gets older though, whether he becomes robotic. But I'm hoping Jessa and Ben will feel more comfortable spoiling their kids than disciplining them. They genuinely seem to love their son, even if their parenting is a little lackadaisical sometimes.

I'm a long time lurker, relatively new poster, so pls let me know if this post is against any of the rules about posting and minors.

1 hour ago, PainfullyAware said:

I'm thinking Jessa and Ben's legacy will be a horde of good-looking children with the world's ugliest names.

Hahaha, yes. I agree. This poor next child. You just know they will have another awful name. I'm curious if they're gonna go the all one letter route - hopefully something tame like Samantha or Sarah.

4 hours ago, buggers said:

Hahaha, yes. I agree. This poor next child. You just know they will have another awful name. I'm curious if they're gonna go the all one letter route - hopefully something tame like Samantha or Sarah.

They said they weren't going with a letter theme and want their theme to be "heroes of the Christian faith." I don't really know what girl's names they will come up with from that theme...

Yeah, I'm thinking that might be the most accurate description of Ben and Jessa's future children that I have heard!
Hopefully, they don't try to outdo Spurgeon just for shock value. We may be waiting a while anyway. [emoji849]

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

They said they weren't going with a letter theme and want their theme to be "heroes of the Christian faith." I don't really know what girl's names they will come up with from that theme...

Michelle?

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

They said they weren't going with a letter theme and want their theme to be "heroes of the Christian faith." I don't really know what girl's names they will come up with from that theme.

Did they really say that or was that just speculation on  fj. Jessa said that she suggested Ben for the next boy but Big Ben shot it down.

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Did they really say that or was that just speculation on  fj. Jessa said that she suggested Ben for the next boy but Big Ben shot it down.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/08/23/ben-seewald-jessa-duggar-baby-name-sex-reveal-second-child-pregnant/

That is the only theme that they would have according to this article but I don't think it's for sure. Jessa suggested family names. 

Too bad they won't go for the S theme, I'm all about alliteration when it comes to names.

I say go big for a girl - Madonna.

And maybe Brian for a boy (Month Python reference)

I'm far more inclined to think they just don't want people to know the gender because that means less suspense and attention for the show/social media/People articles. It's all about money.

You know, when we named our daughters, we didn't have a theme. We just named them with names we liked.  That seemed to have worked fine.

I'm still standing by my guess of naming the next boy after Paul Washer. Maybe Washer Benjamin or Washer Gabriel? Girls are harder. I've said Psalm (half jokingly but with these people who knows) but I guess that wouldn't fit the theme. My reasoning for both of those has been because of Ben's Instagram posts.  Now I'm Jewish so I have pretty much no knowledge of "heroes from the christian faith" but googling turned up Gladys Aylward and Lottie moon. Could they be potential namesakes? 

Would they consider Aimee Semple MacPherson as a Christian hero? Hehehehe oh lord. If you don't know that person, look her up.

Aimee Seewald.... Maybe Middle name Marie in honor of Gma Mary?

3 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Would they consider Aimee Semple MacPherson as a Christian hero? Hehehehe oh lord. If you don't know that person, look her up.

Aimee Seewald.... Maybe Middle name Marie in honor of Gma Mary?

Would they go with Aimee or would they use Semple? :P 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived