IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

How about Mary?

Why do none of the Duggar girls have the middle name Mary or Annette?

These folks do not use family names with the exception of James, Robert and Michelle.

No Lawrence either. All those damn kids and no Mary or Lawrence?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I am to the point that I think that this child could be named absolutely anything. 

Absolutely Anything Seewald. Could go by Abby for short. Still better than Spurgeon. 

So An "S" name.....how about Shalimar? The meaning is   "People with the name Shalimar seek religion & wisdom. They hate doing physical work." I really did not make this up, I looked up Shalimar and this popped up. So the most perfect of all names fora girl could be Shalimar Michelle Seeward. Calling it.

14 minutes ago, sansan said:

So An "S" name.....how about Shalimar? The meaning is   "People with the name Shalimar seek religion & wisdom. They hate doing physical work." I really did not make this up, I looked up Shalimar and this popped up. So the most perfect of all names fora girl could be Shalimar Michelle Seeward. Calling it.

I like that :D but, seems like Jessa might be too contrary to go with another 'S' name...

14 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I like that :D but, seems like Jessa might be too contrary to go with another 'S' name...

Yeah she said that she wasn't having a theme and having another S would seem like a theme. So no S...I think. 

Phyllis, maybe, after Phyllis Schlafly. I'm sure they consider her a hero.

Of course, them being who they are, and them having done what they did to Spurgeon, it would probably be just "Schlafly Seewald" which is an S and also too horrible to contemplate.

Hopefully Spurgeon is the Heistheway of the Seewald family and the rest of the kids have comparatively normal names.

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

I tend to block out Phyllis Schlafly and only think of Phillis Wheatley. But I don't think that either Ben or Jessa would know who she is.

Actually, a nice theme would be naming daughters after female writers who addressed Christian themes. Phillis for Phillis Wheatley, Anne for Anne Bradstreet...

6 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

Heistheway :my_dodgy: that poor kid...surely they don't call her that whole thing

No they probably call her Heisthie. :P 

28 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Of course, them being who they are, and them having done what they did to Spurgeon, it would probably be just "Schlafly Seewald" which is an S and also too horrible to contemplate.

Hopefully Spurgeon is the Heistheway of the Seewald family and the rest of the kids have comparatively normal names.

I've seen that name before but  I always read it as Heist-away.  Like some criminal or something.

But I've never been able to read Jinger as Ginger - it's still always rhymes-with-finger when I see it.  Even Jinjer would have been better.

19 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I've seen that name before but  I always read it as Heist-away.  Like some criminal or something.

But I've never been able to read Jinger as Ginger - it's still always rhymes-with-finger when I see it.  Even Jinjer would have been better.

I will always hear Meredith Vienna pronouncing it like "Ringer" hahaha. But she corrected herself. Very Old Today Show. Maybe the expecting #17 or #18 announcement?

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Would they go with Aimee or would they use Semple? :P 

Or would they go with MacPherson. MacPherson would be a horrible name for a girl, so I'm going with that as my guess. 

8 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Or would they go with MacPherson. MacPherson would be a horrible name for a girl, so I'm going with that as my guess. 

Omg that may be worse than Spurgeon. Rofl.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. for me. Its weird going into the grocery store on senior day and they're playing "I can't get no Satisfaction". 

I occasionally jam out to the overhead songs when at Shop Rite. Does it feel weird? A little, especially when I then hear Guns N Roses on an oldie radio station (& back in the day, I never thought I would).  :P 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:52 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I was once in the grocery store and heard "I Wanna Be Sedated."  I was like, really? This is where we are now?

Just wait until in gets turned into elevator music. Joey'd roll over in his grave.

(This marks my 666th post. Hee hee.)

Yeah that would be as bad and maybe worse than Spurgeon. We may have found the name! [emoji12]

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

MacPherson would have a nickname, Mac, which they already have for Macynzie. But do the Duggars ever care about logic or other people? Nah.

I refuse to discuss girl names for her. I'm crossing my fingers that they only get boys. "Diedforyoursins" Seewald. They'll call him DD. Oh! Christian Footballlegend Seewald. Herbert Gothard Seewald? Herbi and Spurgi

26 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I refuse to discuss girl names for her. I'm crossing my fingers that they only get boys. "Diedforyoursins" Seewald. They'll call him DD. Oh! Christian Footballlegend Seewald. Herbert Gothard Seewald? Herbi and Spurgi

Vyckie Garrison once pointed out that the only thing keeping the Quiverfull lifestyle afloat was the absolute reliance on the older daughters, who, unlike sons, are groomed for the very purpose. I wonder what will happen if one of the Duggar girls had, like, five sons in a row before they finally got a daughter. What would they do?

35 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Maybe they'll name a girl Jessa, in honor of the most amazing Duggar there is

35 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I doubt Jessa likes to share anything ^_^

Also, don't think any part of Aimee Semple McPherson's name will be used, either, too much weirdness and scandal associated with her...

Vyckie Garrison once pointed out that the only thing keeping the Quiverfull lifestyle afloat was the absolute reliance on the older daughters, who, unlike sons, are groomed for the very purpose. I wonder what will happen if one of the Duggar girls had, like, five sons in a row before they finally got a daughter. What would they do?

They'd probably be like the Arndts, they had the boys doing the jobs that normally girls did. They said that Paul the oldest still holds the record for most sibling diaper changes.
So I imagine that that they would adapt.
So we will hope that it's Doolittle Flame Seewald!

21 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Would they consider Aimee Semple MacPherson as a Christian hero? Hehehehe oh lord. If you don't know that person, look her up.

Aimee Seewald.... Maybe Middle name Marie in honor of Gma Mary?

Oh, I am so curious now.  I was just in LA and saw a megachurch that was affiliated with her (or at least according to the plaque outside, it was).  Wonder what things are like on Sundays there. 

2 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Oh, I am so curious now.  I was just in LA and saw a megachurch that was affiliated with her (or at least according to the plaque outside, it was).  Wonder what things are like on Sundays there. 

I'd love to visit that church....don't remember the details of the scandal atm, something about she faked a kidnapping and went off with her lover instead...it's been a while, hazy on the details (no, I wasn't there :P not that old!)...I am sure there were a lot of knees involved, doubtful they would consider naming the kid after such a wicked woman.

Does anyone ever get a weird feeling just from the way that saying a word feels? It's difficult to explain. I feel that way about the word 'moist' and I feel that way about the name 'Spurgeon.' It just feels yucky to me. I'm not really sure how they could possibly choose a name that's worse, but if anyone is up to the challenge it's the Smugwalds. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived