IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice that Pickles has changed her settings so that one has to be logged in to read the page? Oh well, there wasn't all that much over there anyway - except the crazy inconsistency,

I haven't checked upthread, but I seem to recall Pickles working in the printing industry. Is she in JRod's geographic area? Maybe she knows them irl.

• 5 months later...

I think she is bipolar.  Just yesterday she made a long post about how she didn't want the Duggar's to go off the air and really just seemed to go against everything she has ever said on her page about them.

I think she is afraid that she might not have her page- which seems to be the one thing that defines her.  And where else can she say something rude to everyone that makes a post and not get kicked off eventually.  Power tripping for sure.  

14 minutes ago, sabrina said:

I think she is bipolar.  Just yesterday she made a long post about how she didn't want the Duggar's to go off the air and really just seemed to go against everything she has ever said on her page about them.

I think she is afraid that she might not have her page- which seems to be the one thing that defines her.  And where else can she say something rude to everyone that makes a post and not get kicked off eventually.  Power tripping for sure.  

I like the Pickles and Hairspray page.  A lot of people contact her directly with information that isn't presented elsewhere.  A Facebook page isn't a public forum and she is entitled to do whatever she wants to with it.  

Someone at Cancel the Duggars FB page commented that everyone should ignore her and she is a troll... Seem to think that she is the one who reported people on CTD and had them put in FB jail.

I think she's an idiot, and I can't remember a single time when her 'insider information' wasn't something available elsewhere, like FJ, a tabloid, or a fundie blog, or just an educated guess.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I think she's an idiot, and I can't remember a single time when her 'insider information' wasn't something available elsewhere, like FJ, a tabloid, or a fundie blog, or just an educated guess.

And she doesn't give proper credit. I always have a hard time checking her sources, which I'm sure is intentional--she wants more credit for herself. I don't go over there much, but when I do, she's always saying things like 'thanks becky for _____.' That's not how you credit a source. :angry-banghead:

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

To be fair, she was right about Israel's name

6 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

To be fair, she was right about Israel's name

But nobody guessed Spurgeon. :laughing-rofl:

The funny thing is that when someone calls her out (and for good reason) she responds back with such an attitude. Most of the time, she will argue with them a bit and then delete all their posts- only leaving her posts.  So unless you were there at the moment, you just read her responses to the poster and never see what they had to say. 

On February 14, 2016 at 0:05 PM, halcionne said:

And she doesn't give proper credit. I always have a hard time checking her sources, which I'm sure is intentional--she wants more credit for herself. I don't go over there much, but when I do, she's always saying things like 'thanks becky for _____.' That's not how you credit a source. :angry-banghead:

That's how you credit a source

1) when you still want the readers reliant on you and your interpretation (and to keep them coming back)

2) to show you have people that come to you as the end all, be all of all of the topic

3) prove to others, that you're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like you*

*Thanks Stuart for #3.

On February 14, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

One poster here did :pb_lol:

Omg that is almost too incredible to believe!! Did FJ send them a medal?! I feel like that deserves a lifetime achievement award. 

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Omg that is almost too incredible to believe!! Did FJ send them a medal?! I feel like that deserves a lifetime achievement award. 

I would even go so far and say: This poster or this guess (Spurgeon) was the reason they named him that way. I'm convinced they read here and Ben might have seen it and thought "What a great idea". Or maybe it IS Ben? I don't think Jessa would have named her child Spurgeon. It sounds like Ben's doing.

11 minutes ago, vaticanmember said:

I would even go so far and say: This poster or this guess (Spurgeon) was the reason they named him that way. I'm convinced they read here and Ben might have seen it and thought "What a great idea". Or maybe it IS Ben? I don't think Jessa would have named her child Spurgeon. It sounds like Ben's doing.

my ears are burning. I hope to gawd my guess (based on their quoting Spurgeon on IG) didn't inspire such a ridiculous name. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno: I completely think Jessa was at least an equal participant in that stupid decision...

1 minute ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

my ears are burning. I hope to gawd my guess (based on their quoting Spurgeon on IG) didn't inspire such a ridiculous name. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno: I completely think Jessa was at least an equal participant in that stupid decision...

I suspect Jessa is an equal participant in most, if not all, of their stupid decisions...

6 minutes ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

Sorry, I didn't want to upset you but it is a possibility.  :brainbleach:Hope that helps :-)

1 hour ago, vaticanmember said:

Sorry, I didn't want to upset you but it is a possibility.  :brainbleach:Hope that helps :-)

What? No. Not upset! No worries here! I thought it was funny I just randomly checked this teas and my post came up. :-) 

1 hour ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

As I recall, you suggested Spurgeon but were leaning towards their using the guy's first name too--as any sensible person would. (Charles Spurgeon Sewald would have worked nicely.)  So even if Ben read your post, we shouldn't blame you for poor Spurgy's name.  

That being said, I am with those that think Jessa wasn't crazy about the name, that Ben asserted his headship on this one and Jessa was pressured by her family to keep sweet and go along with it when they couldn't get Ben to budge on the name.

I do agree with @Firiel that Jessa is generally "at least an equal participant" in most of their stupid decisions.   I just think that this was one of those cases where someone got stubborn.

• 3 weeks later...

Pickles posted an article exposing the dangers of homeschooling.  It explains a lot about how Jim Bob and Michelle were able to get away with so much in improperly raising their children:

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/investigations/nobody-wants-to-stop-it-when-abusive-parents-use-homeschooling-to-sneak-under-the-radar

"I think that, in a lot of ways, me and my siblings totally fell through the cracks because of my mom's discipline techniques and educational neglect," Grubbs said. "I don't think that would've been possible if people would have been checking up more regularly."

• 4 months later...

Is this thread still active? Pickles blocked me from her page. I called her out on an inconsistency and that she seemed to be baiting, on a site outside/off her facebook page. Now, I'm banned. She took her brand of crazy and went home.

If you can't handle differing opinions, it seems rather ironic that you have a Facebook page dedicated to calling out the differing opinions of those  you don't agree with.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived