IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Fluffypaws said:

She's something else. About 2-3 weeks ago I believe, there was a picture of Jinger and Jeremy and Pickles posted that she believes that Jinger wont have a social media account due to Freejinger harassing her over the years. If "harassing" is hoping someone escapes fundieland to pursue their wishes without a headmaster, then Pickles has a very scary opinion of what harassing means.

HAHAHA thats funny because they got married, what a week ago and already have a website and instagram together if not more! Silly fucking Pickles! 

53 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

HAHAHA thats funny because they got married, what a week ago and already have a website and instagram together if not more! Silly fucking Pickles! 

I don't think they have Instagram

I cannot stand that nasty piece of work. I got myself banned from the page twice.....once for pointing out that she steals photos and the second time pointing out that she'd wrongly labelled one of the wee girls. 

The page was fun at the start, but now she's just insane. Seems to think she's the be all and end all on all things Duggar and fundie,  far too obsessed with what they do. She has no problem calling them the vilest of names, yet cannot take any kind of criticism at all. Touchy, nasty, vindictive, hate filled. She's just like the Duggar, albeit on the other end of the spectrum.

Sad that this is clearly all she has in life.

On 10/11/2016 at 2:48 PM, season of life said:

How come Pickles hates FJ? Wasn't she a poster here before?

IIRC, didn't she make that "Josie is in danger!" thread and it was really just a picture of her chewing on a plastic fork? So maybe she was mad not everyone bought into her theatrics? 

I dunno, every time I visit the pickles page I read her comments as an FJer. She seems no different than some of the members here, to be quite honest.

So I have a question that may have been answered before but I haven't seen it anywhere: where on earth does she get all those pictures? They so frequently look like private pictures off someone's phone. Are they sent in to her by people and if so how did THEY get them? I'm not a fan of the Duggars but I know that I wouldn't want pictures I have on my phone splashed all over the internet if I wasn't the one to share them.

She gets them off public fb and instagrams of fundie connections. A lot of those recent pictures from the wedding, reception & after party were from Marci Dauer's fb, but she never credits her sources. I'm sure there's some folks on there who believe she has 'secret sources':Grrrrr: for all these pictures.

I dunno, every time I visit the pickles page I read her comments as an FJer. She seems no different than some of the members here, to be quite honest.

I'd agree with that as each member is a different person. We have some members who cross lines and others who don't. But in general I personally think her tone is more aggressive than ours, we don't ban as liberally as she does, and we try to apply our rules fairly...which can't be said for Pickles.

The more I see of her posts over there, the more I think she's a bit off her rocker.

I am curious as to how old is she though.

I enjoy her FB page.  It is a much faster way to catch up on Duggar news than FJ is.  So if I just have a minute or two,  I like the site.  If I want to engage in discourse or post an opinion or thought about something I come to FJ. 

I see no reason to have an us or them mentality about her page.  Yes, I know there is some hx between this site and her page. and I do see her sniping at FJ sometimes, but I don't know why FJ, which has a huge and active membership, needs to even care?    No need to create drama over something like that.

And as to her banning,  that is her personal facebook page.  She can ban freely, where as this is a community website.  There are admins and moderators who usually give warning first and will ban only if someone repeatedly breaks rules or does something that really puts the security of the site in jeopardy. 

I am fine with someone on a facebook page banning as they see fit compared to how things are handled on a community based website.   No reason to get your nose out of joint if she bans you.  She bans quickly and sometimes inconsistently,  You know that going in.  Just take it in stride. 

On 12.11.2016 at 9:57 PM, ClaraOswin said:

The more I see of her posts over there, the more I think she's a bit off her rocker.

I believe from what she says, that she is quite old, possibly retired, after having been a teacher or something. I envision someone who spent her life trying to "improve" all those ignorant, ill mannered little ruffians, not getting the thanks and appreciation she thinks she's entitled to and who is, as a result, now very bitter and grumpy about life.

It IS her page and yes, she can run it as she sees fit, however, that doesn't mean I have to agree with what she does. I loathe her hypocracy, her thieving of photos (I run an official FB page for an actor over here and take a VERY dim view of photo theft), her "my way or the highway" and her "I AM the Master of all things and nobody else knows a thing" mentality

Id love to see a page that absolutely ANTAGONIZES the crap out of her. Complete with "her" photos and proof that they aren't...

I've been seeing more and more comments on her posts about how they wish she would just stick to all things Duggar instead of posting her political rants. I forget what the post was about I think sometime last week? Whatever it was pissed off quite a few of her followers and I saw quite a few saying they were leaving the page. I wouldn't be surprised if they were banned before they got the chance though. She clearly wants a page of just all like minded followers....which is what I thought we all loathed about the Duggars.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:08 PM, calimojo said:

I see no reason to have an us or them mentality about her page.  Yes, I know there is some hx between this site and her page. and I do see her sniping at FJ sometimes, but I don't know why FJ, which has a huge and active membership, needs to even care?    No need to create drama over something like that.

Well to be fair, if one of her follows does something she doesn't like,  for example, remark that not all the babies are cute, she tells them to go to the "baby hating place that is FJ" so really a lot of it is on her. Not to mention, her "secret sources" are a lot of times commenters on FJ. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Well to be fair, if one of her follows does something she doesn't like,  for example, remark that not all the babies are cute, she tells them to go to the "baby hating place that is FJ" so really a lot of it is on her. Not to mention, her "secret sources" are a lot of times commenters on FJ. 

I really wish you guys would tell me when we become things things.  All this time I had no idea I was supposed to hate babies...now I have all this retroactive hate to catch up on.  A heads up in PM next time would be much appreciated - thanks.

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

we have a common goal with Pickles, which is exposing the hypocrisy of Fundamentalism, specifically the Duggars.  And even if she hates FJ, who cares?  It is pretty silly to participate in this competition or whatever it is called. 

On 11/11/2016 at 8:59 PM, eleanora3 said:

I don't think they have Instagram

Nope. Just checked duggarfam's follows looking for Austin, and neither Jinger nor Jeremy have an account. 

9 minutes ago, calimojo said:

we have a common goal with Pickles, which is exposing the hypocrisy of Fundamentalism, specifically the Duggars.  And even if she hates FJ, who cares?  It is pretty silly to participate in this competition or whatever it is called. 

I don't think there is a competition with Pickles' page or anything to be upset about. But I do think it's worth pointing out that the approach of FJ  is more helpful in educating the curious about the negative effects of fundamentalism. A calm, consistent, well-thought-out style of discussing (though not without some BEC, wit, and the like) has more weight than her FB page, which can appear so extreme and dramatic that some would dismiss it ALL as hyperbole. 

On 11/12/2016 at 0:57 PM, ClaraOswin said:

She's in her mid-late 50's. I want to say around 57. I am a little bit younger, and her cultural references skew just a tad older than mine. The worst? SHE'S A TEACHER!!!!! 

Oh, did I ever tell the story of how I was banned? It's been a couple of years, but one day, she posted to her wall that she was going to start asking for donations (this was before GoFundMe got big) to keep her page going because it was so time consuming for her. It was the most pathetic (and stupid) thing I'd seen on the internet in a long time. I copied her post into a secret group, where a mole snitched on me. Mole was outed, and Pickles banned me. It wasn't as if I posted in a public space. What goes on in that private group stays in that group. At any rate, once she was busted, she took the post down inside of an hour, if that. It was hilarious to watch her squirm. :D

On 11/12/2016 at 1:51 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

IIRC, didn't she make that "Josie is in danger!" thread and it was really just a picture of her chewing on a plastic fork? So maybe she was mad not everyone bought into her theatrics? 

Yep.   She was upset that her words of wisdom weren't appreciated.  Actually she did get rather a rough reception.

However, she was banned for making a sock account after that.  She's hated FJ ever since.

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yep.   She was upset that her words of wisdom weren't appreciated.  Actually she did get rather a rough reception.

However, she was banned for making a sock account after that.  She's hated FJ ever since.

What's a sock account

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived