IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

On 11/20/2016 at 0:19 AM, Lyle Lanley said:

She's a Duggar fan girl, no question She would probably swipe right for Josh Duggar on Tinder at this point.

OMG I am howling and in need of brain bleach.  :eyewash:

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, Lurky said:

Catfishing is about creating a false identity to target people as individuals, for romantic/sexual/revenge/political/financial gain.

Sockpuppetry is as old as the internet - it can be used to make oneself look more important.  So, for example, if I say something stupid, and the FJers tell me so, I might use my sock to say "oh no, I agree with everything lurky says"  - or I might use my sock to promote something I've done (this is a hypothetical example, but say, someone had posted a blog asking for donations for her living costs, and she wanted people to give her cash, but she knew asking for it was bad, she might send her sock in to say "oh no, poor socky is having a terrible time, please support her").

But socks are also used for causing trouble - some trolly people might set two socks up to argue with each other and flamewar, to spread disharmony (so the 'olden days' of sitting on a forum where there's a raging argument that's pretty obviously sock-against-sock). 

And finally, it can just be to sniff around and see what's being said about you - so eg Nicole Naugler might set up a sock account that looks pretty realistic, commenting unfavourably on her facebook, that she can use on catfishing trips, try to get into anti-Nog groups, and such.

Looks like I learned something new today. I've heard of catfishing (& did catch the MTV show a bunch of times), but never sockpuppety.

Maybe I'm a lazy bum, but I can't even imagine having the drive/energy/motivation to create false id's & go through all of the above described nonsense. 

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Looks like I learned something new today. I've heard of catfishing (& did catch the MTV show a bunch of times), but never sockpuppety.

Maybe I'm a lazy bum, but I can't even imagine having the drive/energy/motivation to create false id's & go through all of the above described nonsense. 

Not lazy -- you have a life. 

So her post today made me laugh. She is talking about the video of Spurgeon dancing to the song "Skating" from the Charlie Brown Christmas special. But she thinks the people in the video are referring to dancing as skating. Haha!

On 11/18/2016 at 5:04 AM, Lurky said:

But socks are also used for causing trouble - some trolly people might set two socks up to argue with each other and flamewar, to spread disharmony (so the 'olden days' of sitting on a forum where there's a raging argument that's pretty obviously sock-against-sock). 

Oh yeah, I was on one forum where a poster was outed as having 6 sockpuppets, all to troll and flame the other posters on a particular argument going on.  That person was outed when finally he/she/it posted some very specific phrasing associated with one of the socks under another sockpuppet name.

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew about sockpuppetry, just catfishing! I have an extremely abusive (like Mommy Dearest/actual PTSD diagnosis level) mom, and she used to make sockpuppet accounts (not sure if I'm using that right...) to stalk me on FB after I came out as bi and she disowned me & physically abused me so we weren't on the best of terms. I found out when she started taking screenshots of me hugging girls and emailing them to me with threatening captions. 

Motherly love <3 but yeah, that's the type of person who makes sockpuppets. 

I am fine with Pickles.  For quick Duggar or Duggar related updates,  that is my go to.  For more in depth Discussions on the destructiveness of Fundamentalism or the social impact of normalizing the freakshow Duggars,  I come here. 

I see no reason why we can't peacefully co-exist with Pickles.  I think the endgame is pretty consistent between Pickles and FJ.  Both dislike the Cult of the Duggars,  Both enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of their religious beliefs and behavior and in general, both sites support marriage equality and justice.  Some find Pickles abrasive, but let's be honest, there can be some pretty abrasive exchanges on this site as well.  Pickles might get possessive or claim ownership of information or pictures, but I have also seen that on here in the past as well. 

And since she is private person, running a private site, not a forum,  she is within her rights to block people as she sees fit.  I think she is oversensitive sometimes and inconsistent with what she allows and what she deletes, but it is her page, so whatever. 

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I see no reason why we can't peacefully co-exist with Pickles. 

We do.  Members can definitely read and post both here and on Pickles FB.

The issue has always been on her side not on FJ's. :confusion-shrug:

7 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I never knew about sockpuppetry, just catfishing! I have an extremely abusive (like Mommy Dearest/actual PTSD diagnosis level) mom, and she used to make sockpuppet accounts (not sure if I'm using that right...) to stalk me on FB after I came out as bi and she disowned me & physically abused me so we weren't on the best of terms. I found out when she started taking screenshots of me hugging girls and emailing them to me with threatening captions. 

Motherly love <3 but yeah, that's the type of person who makes sockpuppets. 

Woah, woah, woah, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. My cousin finally divorced her narcisstic husband. I told her not to marry the jerk in the first place, but why should she believe me when I spotted him being a jerk way before they got married.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

We do.  Members can definitely read and post both here and on Pickles FB.

The issue has always been on her side not on FJ's. :confusion-shrug:

Oh, I know it isn't a mandate from the board that we can't peacefully co-exist, but earlier in this thread and in some others that reference pickles from time to time,  there just seems to be a feeling that you are either a FJ member or a Pickles member and that you can't be both.   

I go to both places because they serve different needs for me.  Pickles is a quick fly by if I just have a few minutes to spare, where as FJ is where I come to dig in a bit, and spend some time. 

On 12/31/2016 at 0:17 PM, SHERA said:

Pickles has strayed from the Duggars. She posted the Botkins girls video.

I'd never actually seen that video before, only clips. 

That is one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen. Not only for the content but the 'film making' is terrible. These people claim to be film makers, blah, blah, blah. The Botkinettes are so astonishingly awful in their attempts to be serious and valid. The pretend graveness of the subject matter is laughable.

The 'worldwide' wanna' be claims - 'the kiss seen around the world' when talking about Kelly & Peter Bradrick is so clearly wishful thinking. They can't honestly believe the world gives a fuck? Their tiny little patriarchal movement are the only ones who saw or cared. The whole thing was a who's who of fundie wanna be's.  

• 2 months later...

Why does pickles believe she is the mouth piece for all topics? She now thinks she has the right to speak about someone else's struggle with infertility. 

"For Jessa's friend who has two young children and claims to be suffering from "infertility" after only 17 months of trying and is now signing up to adopt a newborn because God told her to. She's waiting for a birth mother to choose her. How about you choose one of those 101,719 kids who are already here and waiting?"

ONLY 17 months? Someone needs to give this woman the memo that Pickles has evaluated her and deemed her case unworthy. 

Pickles is one of those people who isn't quite as bright as she thinks she is, doesn't realize it, loves attention and praise, is hypersensitive to criticism, and lies to make herself look and feel more important (her super secret sources AKA pictures she steals from elsewhere on the internet and expects others to credit her for, and educated guesses that she crows about from the rooftops when she's right and conveniently pretends never happened when she turns out to be wrong).

What an idiot. Does she really know understand that doctors can often tell if a person has fertility problems from the get-go? I want to slap her. She needs to mind her own business on the subject. How can she think it's okay to discuss the reproductive issues of some random person!?

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, I'm confused here... is she saying one (bizarre) thing and then vehemently contradicting herself in the comments?

On 12/15/2016 at 4:31 PM, nokidsmom said:

Oh yeah, I was on one forum where a poster was outed as having 6 sockpuppets, all to troll and flame the other posters on a particular argument going on.  That person was outed when finally he/she/it posted some very specific phrasing associated with one of the socks under another sockpuppet name.

I can barely keep up with all my work and home e-mails and then add to that here on FJ.  The idea of haveing one or more sock puppets is just insane. 

12 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

I've followed Pickles for a while, but this... Wow. 

IMG_9578.PNG.14377b0a5dfb5c15f9e3b6c7fc9fd6af.PNG

IMG_9579.PNG.403b02b641d0a2e739ded1f1602068a1.PNG

IMG_9580.PNG.b036a364abdb94ed556ecd6031a094f3.PNG

Pickles is claiming to be African American??? Whaaaaat???? I remember when she posted the page under her own name (before Leghumpers started in with the threats), and her poster avatar was that of a decidedly middle-aged WHITE woman. Old-timers here may also remember her name, but I won't reveal it. She banned me because I revealed it in a SECRET FB page that had a mole who went back to her and tattled on me. That was the post when she begged for money, because posting on FB is so TIME CONSUMING, y'all! She deleted that post tout suite, and unfortunately the group I was in was hacked by possibly the same mole, so we lost the screenshot, having to start a new group  from scratch. 

She's one of those "stop seeing race then there would be no racism" type people. She's really missing the mark. Probably why she buried all of this.

I am so glad someone caught that "Don't see color and racism will go bye bye" "Rachel is just being her authentic self!!" crap. I saw it (MULTIPLE TIMES from her) the other day and my jaw dropped.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived