IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

9 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

What's a sock account

"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. "

We are only allowed one account/screen name on Free Jinger.  Making a second account is a "sock."  It is one of the few offenses that get you banned here.   

Some trolls like to have multiple socks posting in support of their obnoxiousness.  Some trolls get banned for other reasons and come back again and again with different socks.  It can be quite funny.

I don't think Pickles was a troll.  I think she didn't read the TOU and made up a new identity because she was embarrassed by her first posts.  It's still not allowed. 

In case you missed them too - the TOU are here: ;)

http://www.freejinger.org/resources/free-jinger-terms-of-use/

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2016 at 3:08 AM, Munichnark said:

I cannot stand that nasty piece of work. I got myself banned from the page twice.....once for pointing out that she steals photos and the second time pointing out that she'd wrongly labelled one of the wee girls. 

The page was fun at the start, but now she's just insane. Seems to think she's the be all and end all on all things Duggar and fundie,  far too obsessed with what they do. She has no problem calling them the vilest of names, yet cannot take any kind of criticism at all. Touchy, nasty, vindictive, hate filled. She's just like the Duggar, albeit on the other end of the spectrum.

Sad that this is clearly all she has in life.

I agree. Her Duggar territoriality seems really unhealthy.

And I hate how she has to have the last word. Super annoying.

And I don't see her page as exposing the dangers of fundamentalism. She doesn't vilify them at all. She seems almost fangirlish at times. 

Just my lil ole opinion. 

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. "

We are only allowed one account/screen name on Free Jinger.  Making a second account is a "sock."  It is one of the few offenses that get you banned here.   

Some trolls like to have multiple socks posting in support of their obnoxiousness.  Some trolls get banned for other reasons and come back again and again with different socks.  It can be quite funny.

I don't think Pickles was a troll.  I think she didn't read the TOU and made up a new identity because she was embarrassed by her first posts.  It's still not allowed. 

In case you missed them too - the TOU are here: ;)

http://www.freejinger.org/resources/free-jinger-terms-of-use/

I guess I've watched too much "Catfish" on MTV. I thought it was called catfishing, not sockpuppet.

50 minutes ago, SHERA said:

I guess I've watched too much "Catfish" on MTV. I thought it was called catfishing, not sockpuppet.

No, that's pretending to be someone you're not. I think at least

I don't comment on a finder's social media pages except for my fundie family. Even then, its only when they post something very tame.

And now she's copyrighting someone else's photos AND wants money for their use??

Is she deluded????

And no dear, YOU didn't find anything, an other person took those photos.

That one needs to get away from the Interwebz pronto and actually start living a life.

Catfishing is about creating a false identity to target people as individuals, for romantic/sexual/revenge/political/financial gain.

Sockpuppetry is as old as the internet - it can be used to make oneself look more important.  So, for example, if I say something stupid, and the FJers tell me so, I might use my sock to say "oh no, I agree with everything lurky says"  - or I might use my sock to promote something I've done (this is a hypothetical example, but say, someone had posted a blog asking for donations for her living costs, and she wanted people to give her cash, but she knew asking for it was bad, she might send her sock in to say "oh no, poor socky is having a terrible time, please support her").

But socks are also used for causing trouble - some trolly people might set two socks up to argue with each other and flamewar, to spread disharmony (so the 'olden days' of sitting on a forum where there's a raging argument that's pretty obviously sock-against-sock). 

And finally, it can just be to sniff around and see what's being said about you - so eg Nicole Naugler might set up a sock account that looks pretty realistic, commenting unfavourably on her facebook, that she can use on catfishing trips, try to get into anti-Nog groups, and such.

6 hours ago, SHERA said:

5 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

No, that's pretending to be someone you're not. I think at least

@Lurky already explained. :) 

Sockpuppet: "A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] to manipulate public opinion,[3] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[4] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. " 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

Catfishing is just one type of deceptive activity involving sockpuppets.  It's a comparatively recent term (2010).

"Catfishing is a type of deceptive activity involving a person creating a sock puppet social networking presence for nefarious purposes." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfishing

Would FB do anything if her stolen photos were reported? It's just so shitty to take someone's pics and not even give credit. How hard is it to say "photo credit: Marci Monte Dauer" :angry-banghead:

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

Would FB do anything if her stolen photos were reported? It's just so shitty to take someone's pics and not even give credit. How hard is it to say "photo credit: Marci Monte Dauer" :angry-banghead:

Sadly, no. You must be the owner of those photos in order to report breach of copyright. Unless you create a fake email that sounds official, there's nothing you can do, bar telling the person that does own the copyright of the theft

On 2016-11-17 at 5:21 PM, Nikedagain? said:

I agree. Her Duggar territoriality seems really unhealthy.

And I hate how she has to have the last word. Super annoying.

And I don't see her page as exposing the dangers of fundamentalism. She doesn't vilify them at all. She seems almost fangirlish at times. 

Just my lil ole opinion. 

She's a Duggar fan girl, no question She would probably swipe right for Josh Duggar on Tinder at this point.

She crossed a line for me when Duggar news was slow after all the scandals. She was getting people who were friends and acquaintances of people tangentially related to the Duggars to send her information and pictures from said people's Facebook profiles. I got banned for saying it was inappropriate to intrude on people's private lives. Their social media accounts were private for a reason.

She bought into her own hype big time.

On 11/16/2016 at 9:46 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Well to be fair, if one of her follows does something she doesn't like,  for example, remark that not all the babies are cute, she tells them to go to the "baby hating place that is FJ" so really a lot of it is on her. Not to mention, her "secret sources" are a lot of times commenters on FJ. 

I got banned for saying I didn't think Josie was a cute child a couple of years ago...:pb_lol: Still don't think she's cute but I'm not gonna shit on how she (or any of the kids) look aside from saying I don't find them cute. Think she's gone a little overboard lol.

A little OT but I was perusing Not all Pickles and saw a post (it's been removed) about a Fundie blogger who claims the show (Counting On)  saved her marriage:ew: .  Did any of you guys happen to see it.  I guess she runs in that circle and would love to see some of her other stuff. TIA! 

You might be better posting in the Duggars section. There's a thread there for things relating to Pickles' fb page. Or on Quiverful of Snark. More likely to get some info there as this area is used more for discussion re community rules or issues that arise or polls etc.

I can't imagine how that show could save a marriage. Maybe the intense boredom forced the couple into communication? 

On 10/11/2016 at 3:48 PM, season of life said:

How come Pickles hates FJ? Wasn't she a poster here before?

She was banned around the time I took over or maybe it was just before and Alecto did it at our urging.  I can't recall exactly, as that period of time is kind of a blur ;)

She kept posting pictures and titling the posts with potentially libelous titles.  The threads are still around.  I think she username here was Snickers.   She posted a pic of one of the younger kids asleep at a table in a restaurant and titled it underage drinking or something like that.  She just took what could have been going on in the pictures and stated it as fact, when it was clear it was completely innocent things like a young kiddo getting tired after being drug around filming all day.

She was asked to stop and said "free speech" and the usual types of excuses when people do things against the rules and think they should be given a pass.  She refused to stop, so she was banned since we don't need to risk the liability over stuff like that.   I think we later discovered she also had a sock, but she had been banned by that time.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:51 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

IIRC, didn't she make that "Josie is in danger!" thread and it was really just a picture of her chewing on a plastic fork? So maybe she was mad not everyone bought into her theatrics? 

This is exactly the kind of stuff she would do here and refused to stop and couldn't seem to understand the liability issues involved with making shit up that can damage another person.

I just see her as a control freak who found her outlet.

I was banned because of comments I made on a fundie IG account; she disagreed with the comment. I responded that I was led to said IG account because she linked to it on her FB saying pretty much the same thing. I asked if she was climbing both sides of the fence. Bam. Minutes later, no longer able to access her FB page.

For any and all argument/non argument about her motives, the woman has issues and I want not part of that crazy train.

I don't engage with control freaks; it just makes them feel important and that is what the need to keep going.

16 hours ago, Curious said:

I think she username here was Snickers.  

I thought it was originally Digger (Josie is in danger from a plastic fork), and Snickers who posted the pictures with nasty captions was later discovered to be Digger's sock?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I thought it was originally Digger (Josie is in danger from a plastic fork), and Snickers who posted the pictures with nasty captions was later discovered to be Digger's sock?

I think you are correct.  I do recall Digger/Snickers being the same person.

14 minutes ago, Curious said:

I think you are correct.  I do recall Digger/Snickers being the same person.

Yeah, I reached out to her around transition time and she said that we accused her of having a sock digger/snickers but still denied it.

Oh man. Reading some of Digger's old posts. It's definitely her. They talk the same and both have weird, inconsistent rules/standards. 

My favorite so far is her thread: "Is This An Anti-Christianity Forum?" The first comment is already talking about nail polish. I love this place.

I've actually used the no sock rule to keep Mr. InCharge from getting an FJ account. He suffer-watches old episodes with me and shares his own snarky remarks. Sometimes he thinks something is FJ worthy and insists I post it. He threatened to get an account and post himself, but I said that wasn't allowed. (please don't tell him otherwise, his snark is rarely up the FJ levels lol) I love him for accepting my obsession, but I'd rather not share ;) 

18 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yeah, I reached out to her around transition time and she said that we accused her of having a sock digger/snickers but still denied it.

So it's all your fault that Digger, Pigger, Snickers, Pickers, Dickers, Dickles ... Pickles hates FJ?

She was wrongly accused.  :tw_wink:

She should pull the other one.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SHERA said:

She was recently called out for claiming to be the first to say Josh was using his son to block himself from being filmed by TLC.

I read that and had a laugh.

I suppose if having a FB page that rags on a reality tv family makes her special and important, who is anyone to argue? When she is the first to make claims and see pictures and use her 'insiders' to hear stuff, I presume it makes her feel good. 

Me? I'd rather feel good about real life and save the Internet for my snark.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived