IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

My heart breaks over this.  They're so young. If he holds any of his father's beliefs it's going to be a long hard life.   At least while the duggar husbands probably buy into the patriarchy to various degrees, no one has been as explicit about it as Austin's dad in that clip from CMT.  If you're willing to fly that flag that high, it's at the core of who you are. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

They remember how tough it was before TLC came around, and I think that's a real reason that the Duggar women so far have chosen spouses from outside the cult who are from solidly middle-class homes.  They have NO interest in reliving that.

Huh? Jessa's on #2 already, clearly not using BC and married to a preacher boy who seems intent to pray for money. I don't exactly see her learning from the hard times.

I was working out at the gym when the episode aired, so my friend sent me the link. So many things popped into my head, but the first was, "Oh my God, FJ must be going ape shit right now." Anyways, here's some more deep thoughts with the Duggars.

1. If Joy marries soon, Jana will be stuck in a room with all her younger sisters. Jana turns 27 in January, and her next closest sister is Johannah, who is 11. That's a 16 year age gap. How downright miserable will that be for Jana? Even if she doesn't want to marry yet, she's still stuck right where she always has been.

2. Joy could be married at 19 and popping out babies by 20 or 21. SMDH.

3. Still no boys in a courtship yet. I really feel like the Joshley Madison scandals did a number on them, whether deserved or not. Geez, that's a lot of manboys cramped into bunk beds in that one room at the TTH.

4. Finally, I would just like to thank 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus for letting me be born into a normal, liberal, middle-class family that valued education and experiencing all life has to offer.

End scene.

Oh one more thing, no one is ever going to leave the cult. Not while TLC still foots their bills. Not going to happen. Nope.

Just now, Mela99 said:

Anyone wanna recap that worlds strictest parents episode for us?

all these scary families out there and we are the normal ones who come on message boards :D

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

Ugh, watching it now. They're sorta awful in every way the Duggars are. Except that they have 17 less kids.

Oh boy, Joy. Courting/engaged at 19. Well, I can't say much because husband and I started dating when we were 15/16 and got married when we were 22. But we're not crazy and waiting would have made way less sense. If she's happy, good for her. She could go get herself a hormonal implant and pretend God doesn't think they're ready for babies for 3 years (not that she will...but one can hope!) 

I wonder if the "only" 2 kids thing was intentional for them or not. (None of my business, I know. But I still wonder about it. These people look to be the worst Dugger in-laws yet.)

2 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Ugh, watching it now. They're sorta awful in every way the Duggars are. Except that they have 17 less kids.

At least with 19 kids you kinda fade into the woodwork at times... can you imagine just having one sibling to deflect to...

We all saw how miserable Joy looked when she was asked about her future. I wonder if she knew this was the easiest way out, and found Austin attractive not only for his looks but because she was comfortable with him because of their shared beliefs. Bada bing, bada boom, escape from the TTH solved! Only, it's probably out of the frying pan and into the fryer.

1 minute ago, Kira said:

Joy and Austin have been courting since August of 2015? 

No. He said the last time they were there together was August 1, 2015. They didn't say that's when they started courting.

Just now, snickers34 said:

No. He said the last time they were there together was August 1, 2015. They didn't say that's when they started courting.

ok - I believe you :D

actually no 

but sure 

8 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

The wife (Roxanne?) actually used the word "helpmeet."

Just now, marmalade said:

The wife (Roxanne?) actually used the word "helpmeet."

so did Papa V to a degree or he said something like when he spoke to the new V's 

don't make me rewatch it - its on again 

Scratching my eyes out. Time for bed. The world is a wasteland (not really, but after the last week, well, lol)

13 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Some highlights

Papa F forces the kids to go to church. Kids don't want to obviously. Papa F in TH says "My family goes to church, if you don't go to church your not my family". Sermon was about how dating leads to divorce. Kids obviously think that's ridiculous and unfounded.

All the women (save for for the "troubled" teen) wearing long jean skirts and flip flops. The dad guilts the girl into wearing more modest clothes as not to 'defraud' him (actual word used). He doesn't want his son to compromised the vow he made, so he makes the girl change. 

On Papa F talking about his children choosing not doing anything physical before marriage, "you don't have to try cocaine to know that its bad"

Papa F: "only time we close the bed room door is when you are changing, because things done in secret are not good"

Unironic use of the word 'helpmeet', '

2 minutes ago, nst said:

ok - I believe you :D

Not saying they didn't probably lie about a ton of crap. :) Things get repeated and out of control so quickly, ya know...

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

Joy and Austin have been courting since August of 2015? 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-is-courting-austin/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

No, he said that was the last time he saw her at Fort Rock. It looks like they started courting the first weekend in October when Mere/Pere Duggar, plus Josh and Anna were on that marriage retreat. With Joy. Looks like that Reddit story was true. 

3 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The world is a wasteland (not really, but after the last week, well, lol)

Bowie, Prince, Trump, Glenn, and now this???? 2016, you can suck it!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived