IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

I am TOTALLY going with it being a male.  After all, TLC ran an episode that was basically an infomercial on all the available sons....

Or Jana.  I really hope it's Jana.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, twoanddone said:

My only hope that on the slim chance it's a Duggar/Rodriguii wedding, it would be held in WV so I could stalk 

There's no way Jill Rod could keep quiet about something like that for more than 5 minutes.

I just want someone to start wearing some pants. 

When these girls marry they can wear pants, and also wear no pants.

13 minutes ago, twoanddone said:

I just want someone to start wearing some pants. 

Pants are all good and all but aren't a sign of changing faiths. In fact many people in ATI and IBLP wear pants and it is generally accepted. See Alyssa Bates.

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

This family makes my blood boil beyond comprehension.

It is normal for many young adults to be in relationships, co-habituating, dating who they please, casual stuff etc, but not married for the sole purpose of kids.

It makes me angry that some young person will yet again be subjected to the horrible life their idiot parents chose for them.

Yes! When you consider that Michelle had a normal life of cheerleading, bikinis, high school experience, etc. She specifically chose a path of zero education and brainless submissiveness for her daughters.

As a mother I cannot comprehend this and it makes my blood boil as well. My husband and I have worked hard to raise children who value education and are independent thinkers. 

I'm reading, Under the Banner of Heaven, and I'm very angry about the lives ofchildren who weren't allowed to choose. 

JB and Michelle made a horrid choice and the children pay the price. A glossed over reality tv series doesn't change the facts. Jinger has cute shoes, that's her contribution to date, how sad. 

Guys, I've figured it out. After Josh's initial transgressions, they married him off to Anna right? Now after the latest round of scandal, they've found him a second wife - Sarah Maxwell. The deal was made between Steve and Jim Bob at JinJer's wedding. The show will also be renamed 2 sister wives and counting.
(It can't be worse than this)

Fwiw my guess is jd and that girl helping Jana fix the shower...and that they were updating the shower in jd's house...and furthermore that scene will be featured on next season of counting on.  

9 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Pants are all good and all but aren't a sign of changing faiths. In fact many people in ATI and IBLP wear pants and it is generally accepted. See Alyssa Bates.

Yes to all of this AND...A Duggar girl needs to start wearing pants,  because some things are just easier to do in pants: work out, anything that involves bending or getting down on the floor, riding a bike, lifting weights, cleaning the filfthy floor under the bed, scrubbing the tub, chasing around a toddler or 2- all easier in pants.

I actually disagree that wearing pants isn't a sign of changing beliefs. It doesn't mean that someone isn't fundie and so I get why people are frustrated when people assume that Alyssa Bates wearing pants means she isn't fundie anymore, but when someone has grown up being taught that wearing skirts is part of being modest then I do think it's significant when they start wearing pants. It doesn't mean their beliefs have changed very much, but it is a change.

Tabitha Paine has been their tutor for a long time now. Could one JD or Joe have fallen in love with her since she's the only non relative they are constantly around?

To me, it seems like wearing pants is a sign of getting a small bit away from the house rules. Although it probably doesn't change what's in their mind or hearts, it probably has to be alittle liberating for them. 

It seems like courting usually happens in small groups with this family. Jill and Jessa, now Jinger and someone else. We saw earlier glimpses of Jeremy on Counting On, so it won't surprise me if this new boyfriend or girlfriend is someone we've seen before.

Anyone who thinks that pants signal a move away from fundamentalism is cordially invited to the Lori "I wear shorts" Alexander thread. 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Anyone who thinks that pants signal a move away from fundamentalism is cordially invited to the Lori "I wear shorts" Alexander thread. 

Just because a more fashionable wardrobe happens, it means squat really. The quoted post says it all here.

Even in pants, A Duggar, Bates, Dillard, Seewald etc. etc. is a wolf in Sheep's clothing.

They're still toxic, just now with added pants!

And if your parents made the "no pant"s rule, when you marry and move on, and make your own rules for your own home, it is a change. It is challenging your parents rules. Although what adult, other than Duggars, does not know that once they are on their own, they are free to make their own rules. Maybe the Duggars are waiting to make their own rules until they are actually on their own? For example, Josh and his TV. Let's see what happens with Jinger. The others still live off JB so maybe they are afraid to question his rules?

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Not away from fundieville, but a move challenging their parent's rigid thinking-

I have a bad feeling that it's Joy but she's too young! I admit to having a soft spot in my heart for Jana and holy crap, after all she's done for her crappy family, it's her turn. She deserves a chance at some kind of life. 

I don't know if this image has popped up in a while (apologies if it has), but the girls aren't banned from wearing pants. See Jinger here, from a couple years ago:

75a726cfbfae80cfe089368ea3935578.jpg

Second-time poster and former casual lurker here: so all of the unmarried Duggar children still live on the compound at home, right? If the older girls are the designated childcare, then what do all the older boys do all day? Did Josiah ever go to Crown College? Someone pointed out that John David's really the only established Duggar boy and it made me think of this.

My theory: I think the wedding was supposed to be all secret and quiet, no pics, no news...maybe they would announce it and show just a very few pics right before the show airs...but...jrod let the cat out and everyone suddenly had pics and tweets and everything else...so...they had to come up with something else new to make you tune in tonight, hence the courtship announcement. They might not even let us know who it is...you can find  out next season. FTR, I think its Joy, sadly. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived