IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, twoanddone said:

I just want someone to start wearing some pants. 

Parrot ceased.jpg

Not Joy....she's just a baby! Or...she really wants out of the TTH. Who's the guy? Any info on him? 

I just think it's so surreal how TLC spins these things; they're two (attractive) kids against a gorgeous mountain backdrop, giddily talking about God and how they've known each other for so long and how excited they are. It would be easy for the casual viewer to think "courting" is a fancier/holier way of saying "dating". (In fact, I know two very Christian people I went to high school with who have been in a "courtship" for 3+ years, and call it that for some reason despite that they're totally dating, nothing more or less.) The average person won't see what's wrong. It's only when you stop taking this scenario at face value that you realize that Joy is a 19-year-old who is now expected to marry in a matter of months and begin bearing children immediately. Hell, her 1-2 years of "Bible classes" and "helping around the house", void of any other planning or preparation for her future -- the grooming -- just supports that.

Holy $#@&  No Joy! Dammit, you were supposed to learn to fly, then escape! 

She seemed so unhappy, I think she wanted out of a life of drudgery. 

I hope this is a long courtship. 

We talked about him back in 2014 as a potential courting partner for Jinger. His name is Austin Forsyth, he's from Texas. 

I'm done with the idea that any of the J'kids will question their upbringing. No one wants to be free, especially when TLC will pay for them to just breathe. Joy will probably have five under five before she's 25, and the Lost Girls will be rotating J'slaves for the married J'kidults until they court themselves.

This is rather interesting...

joyanna family camp.JPG

Shit, that was fast. Can we find solace that she, like Jinger and Jill, found someone from a very small family?
Then again, if she marries soon, she would be starting way earlier than Michelle did.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived