IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

I refuse to watch. I'll just read the details here. At this point in the grand scheme of things, I couldn't care less about what is going on in Duggarworld. . .

8 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I don't know if this image has popped up in a while (apologies if it has), but the girls aren't banned from wearing pants. See Jinger here, from a couple years ago:

75a726cfbfae80cfe089368ea3935578.jpg

She's probably wearing a skirt over it . . .

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

My theory: I think the wedding was supposed to be all secret and quiet, no pics, no news...maybe they would announce it and show just a very few pics right before the show airs...but...jrod let the cat out and everyone suddenly had pics and tweets and everything else...so...they had to come up with something else new to make you tune in tonight, hence the courtship announcement. They might not even let us know who it is...you can find  out next season. FTR, I think its Joy, sadly. 

I don't think they could have kept it a secret with 1000+ people invited. :/

I hope...It's Anna! She met an attractive divorce lawyer on Christian Mingle.

I'm missing the Preds game for this announcement.  They better make it worth my while and not tease it.  Btw, I'm still hoping Jana either got Tim Tebow or one of those hunky farmers

Well that didn't take long. The ink isn't even dry on Jinger's wedding certificate and Boob has someone lined up for another TLC funded courtship. I'm going to guess it's also one of the older Duggar guys this time. They can't get rid of all the girls just yet.

I won't be watching to find out who it is either, but I will come on here later to get the news. When I was still a lurker (and now), it was much more entertaining to read the re-caps here because the Duggars are so dull to watch.

1 hour ago, FrumperedCat said:

Pants are all good and all but aren't a sign of changing faiths. In fact many people in ATI and IBLP wear pants and it is generally accepted. See Alyssa Bates.

Agreed! Plenty of pants, very little change. And as you mentioned them, it's also been discussed in the Bates threads at exteeeeeended length, too. :my_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, pooplexed said:

I hope...It's Anna! She met an attractive divorce lawyer on Christian Mingle.

Laughed out loud. Fingers crossed!!

1 hour ago, SunnySideUp said:

Guys, I've figured it out. After Josh's initial transgressions, they married him off to Anna right? Now after the latest round of scandal, they've found him a second wife - Sarah Maxwell. The deal was made between Steve and Jim Bob at JinJer's wedding. The show will also be renamed 2 sister wives and counting.
(It can't be worse than this)

How scary that we have similar ideas! I was thinking the sister wives thing, but adding Joy to the Ben and Jessa mess. Jessa just seems annoyed with him, and I think I've seen other posters say Ben would have been better with Joy.

I'm actually in a motel w/ satellite!  So, yeah, I can't believe I'm watching this with dozens of other choices. 

So, how desperate is this family to stay in the spotlight.  I think they could screw up royally now and no one would notice now that we have Pres-elect Cheeto grabbing all of the attention.

I almost kind of wish someone would FBLive their viewing of the episode so I those of us who want to watch the trainwreck can do so without contributing to sweeps week...

I just posted this on another thread, but it's really easy to find links to the episode after it airs if you want to watch it that way. I don't know of any sites that stream it live, though.

2 minutes ago, habert said:

Laughed out loud. Fingers crossed!!

Sadly,  personally I think it's unlikely.  Anna Duggars deserves to be with someone, (if she even needs to be with someone! ) who appreciates her and loves her.  The fact that her husband actively sought for (not "accidentally"  "fell" into) other relationships indicates that she is probably someone who isn't respected,  loved,  appreciated,  shown affection too. . .  And that's tragic.  

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed at great length,  but the fact that the Duggars took her under their wing and into their home is very suspect.  It takes very little to manipulate someone using religion. No need to yell,  shout,  scare. . .  Just a  few well placed words of "encouragement",  a Bible study here and a prayer there. . .  And the noose is drawn.  Guilt,  shame,  whatever it is can make her subject to her husband for life.  Ugh! ! 

The thing is,  relating back to the question,  ATI/Gothard is practically immovable on the subject of divorce.  No divorce at all,  not even if JESUS SAYS it's allowed in cases of adultery. Gothard teaches that divorce is only ever permissable if someone lied about being a Virgin. There is a whole booklet on the topic.  

Most likely,  Anna had been taught this from a young age and even if she could be convinced,  the lingering guilt and shame in her mind,  fear of hell or judgment etc. could destroy her emotionally and mentally. The act of divorce could be very devastating to her

Pretty dress.  Quite modest but still classic, not frumpy.  Can you believe they got Boob to wear purple?

OH man, my heart dropped almost when I read the thread title, and immediately thought of Joy before even opening the thread to check out who it was. So so hope it is not Joy. The thoughts of it makes me a bit sick. Poor Joy. It was only a year ago, I realised she is not a lil one anymore and years have passed. But still too young. 

It would be nice for Jana to finally get out and move on from being her parents slave, but only for a good decent guy. But again, poor Joy having to take over as only J-Slave left. And Johannah might as well say goodbye to what little is left of her childhood.

I hope it is a one of the boys instead. They are not as interesting as the girls, for viewer ratings, but there are so many of them still unmarried. And soon the twins will turn 18 too. But not them obviously (or hopefully). It's about time a guy took a turn after so many daughter's already sold off.

Not that any of these young guys have anything going for them. Maybe they do in fundie circles. what the hell I do know about it. Who needs an education or job or even any possible future prospects when Jesus in on your side.

I really disliked Josiah and Marjorie together. So awkward and weird. I didn't like her then when courtship was announced. But since then she has grown on me - her book, working somewhere (that burger place they love?) and especially going to college. I really hope she doesn't drop out of college to get married. Her life right now as a college student is way better then what could have been in store for her if there were no broken heart pieces. She still hangs around alot with them, but would the Duggars want to highlight the fact it failed in the beginning and remind viewers their perfect non-dating courtships rituals are not so perfect after all?

Did we ever work out who that girl was that was walking with Joe at the wedding?

Former church secretary here.  It's not a "stage", it's called the "chancel".

Those bridesmaid dresses are pretty but every one is a different color.  Might have been better if there were only five different colors and two girls each shared a color.

2 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Guys, I've cracked the code.

It's John David. He's courting Nurie.

They met at Jinger's wedding but it's being fast-tracked, for obvious reasons.

Eyeliner is a deadly seduction tool after all..

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived