IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

I haven't seen JinJer's wedding so I haven't made any comments yet - but here's just a few mundane ones to join the chorus.

She's stunning - imo, the most beautiful Duggar bride so far. I love her dress, the showstopping train is gorgeous, and I'm really digging the lace sleeves. I like that she pulled her hair back, and it was cute to see her have some fun with her shoes.

I like the bridesmaid dresses for the most part and I think the picture of Jinger and her bridesmaids in front of the church door is beautiful. Actually, many of her pictures of are beautiful.

I love her naked wedding cake - it almost feels scandalous! ;)

Just from the pictures I've seen, it seems like they really knocked it out of the park.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, pfled said:

eh, I get the feeling that the well-spoken-previously-professional-soccer-player-turned-pastor isn't going off-camera anytime soon.  Not only do we have yet to see all the wedding planning, but how could we live without seeing how Jinger redecorates Jeremy's bachelor pad?!? :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Have we seen the bachelor pad?  I've missed some episodes and am wondering if Jinger has actually been to Laredo?  Do they plan to buy a house?  How large is his bach pad?  I assume it's an apartment?

4 hours ago, Dugg@rTime said:

Barf. :my_sick:

The obsession with kissing is getting so annoying ... !  It's like "we've got to prove we're just as into it as you guys who are criticizing us.  It's just that we wait until marriage and then put out 10,000 photos of us kissing to prove it to you."  No one -- absolutely no one -- else does this.  When people get married we know they kiss and we're happy for them but we don't need a tsunami of photo proof.

9 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Have we seen the bachelor pad?  I've missed some episodes and am wondering if Jinger has actually been to Laredo?  Do they plan to buy a house?  How large is his bach pad?  I assume it's an apartment?

The obsession with kissing is getting so annoying ... !  It's like "we've got to prove we're just as into it as you guys who are criticizing us.  It's just that we wait until marriage and then put out 10,000 photos of us kissing to prove it to you."  No one -- absolutely no one -- else does this.  When people get married we know they kiss and we're happy for them but we don't need a tsunami of photo proof.

How else are they going to show you how modest and pure they are? It's so gross and the exact opposite of modest. Of course they only care about clothing  when it comes to modesty not in the way they carry themselves and talk. 

Does anyone understand why in this photo from their honeymoon it looks like Jinger's wearing an orange patterned sleeveless shirt in real life but a white t-shirt with short sleeves on the camera screen? 

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 8.26.15 PM.png

5 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Does anyone understand why in this photo from their honeymoon it looks like Jinger's wearing an orange patterned sleeveless shirt in real life but a white t-shirt with short sleeves on the camera screen? 

If you look at her shoulders the light almost mimics a cap sleeve - With the lighting it's kind of washing her out on camera and I think that's what's being reflected in the monitor.

1 hour ago, Cassia said:

I haven't seen JinJer's wedding so I haven't made any comments yet - but here's just a few mundane ones to join the chorus.

She's stunning - imo, the most beautiful Duggar bride so far. I love her dress, the showstopping train is gorgeous, and I'm really digging the lace sleeves. I like that she pulled her hair back, and it was cute to see her have some fun with her shoes.

I like the bridesmaid dresses for the most part and I think the picture of Jinger and her bridesmaids in front of the church door is beautiful. Actually, many of her pictures of are beautiful.

I love her naked wedding cake - it almost feels scandalous! ;)

Just from the pictures I've seen, it seems like they really knocked it out of the park.

I keep snickering at the image of Carter from Family Guy pointing at the cake -- "You're a whore! A filthy, filthy whore!" 

RE: the photo above, nice Shoulders Jinger!!!

Seriously arms and shoulders are not defrauding. 

No one has gone and cheated on their wives after seeing that photo.

26 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Someone else addressed this (lighting), but...wow! Sleeveless!

2 hours ago, Cassia said:

I've got a stomach of steel but this picture really squicks me out.

#awkwardfamilyphotos much?!

IMG_9428.thumb.PNG.8634332666c6950c9090cbd86d0095e4.PNG

I now have the Beatles song "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?" bouncing around inside my head...

@trustworthy there was an episode pre engagement episode where Jinger and her parents flew to Laredo to meet Jeremy and his parents. He showed them his apt and "church". They went for an awkward Mexican meal where JB embarrassed himself on many levels.  Jinger spent the whole tour of his apt squealing to Baaaaabe about how much she loved it while you could see how giddy she was at the thought she could be living there soon. 

Hunh. We get to see her knees AND her shoulders after the wedding. Looks like Jeremy's headship isn't quite so strict when it comes to modesty. I doubt Jinger will jump into pants anytime soon (after wearing skirts all her life, I bet it would feel weird), but obviously she's taking a page out of her MIL's book. That being said, I don't think this means she's "free" or straying away from fundieland- she's just better-dressed when promoting the misogynistic, homophobic views of her husband and family. :pb_rollseyes:

I think it's clearly a fundie thing, having the parents kissing too. They did it at the Staddon-Neely wedding as well.

IMG_4153.JPG

Maybe that's where Boob got the idea from?

Pure speculation here, but I really hope Jinger doesn't get flak from her family for the shoulder. Also, from what I can see of her, she looks absolutely gorgeous.

I just watched the wedding on Youtube. If you remove the Duggary, it was beautiful and sweet. Two people who clearly love each other getting married. All other Duggar weddings were not so thinly veiled promos of their religion and fame whoring. This was just the wedding. Of course there was Duggary but nothing was front & center. Not in the wedding itself or the broadcast. Seeing Derrick run out to snog Jill was the reminder of what I was watching- and such a typical asshattery Duggar show move. But until then, the ceremony could have been anyone's. I actually smiled to myself a couple of times. I hope the example that his father seems to have set will do them both well in their life. I think it's the first in law that can be a stronger force in how life is. They seem good people. I am overall pleasantly surprised and hope their future can be theirs - not boob's or TLC'S-just as much as their wedding and it's broadcast.

And I didn't have to roll my eyes at the man child Ben even once because he was not even a talking head. 

8 hours ago, Rosierose1222 said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this anywhere yet, but has anyone else seen this picture from the keeping up with fundies tumblr?

IMG_9428.PNG

This will probably be JimBoob and Mechelle's Christmas card this year.

The only thing about the invitation that is worth remarking upon is that we have seen that picture of J&J before, but in the previous version Jinger's skirt was very sheer and we could see her *gasp* legs silhouetted. Someone has photoshopped the image to be more modest for the invitations. 

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Where did you find this photo?

28 minutes ago, Rear Window said:

This will probably be JimBoob and Mechelle's Christmas card this year.

Nah the christmas card will have the Dillards, Seewalds, and Smuggers on it. :brainbleach:

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I'm happy to see her hair is pulled back.  Cooking without long  hair pulled back is one of my "things".  

2 hours ago, JMO said:

@trustworthy

2 hours ago, JMO said:

@trustworthy there was an episode pre engagement episode where Jinger and her parents flew to Laredo to meet Jeremy and his parents. He showed them his apt and "church". They went for an awkward Mexican meal where JB embarrassed himself on many levels.  Jinger spent the whole tour of his apt squealing to Baaaaabe about how much she loved it while you could see how giddy she was at the thought she could be living there soon. 

I watched as much as I could stand.  If Boob would just stop talking altogether it would have been tolerable.  He just needs to stop talking, period.

7 hours ago, catlady said:

i'm ok with the invitation, too.  it's not my taste, but as long as J&J like it, that's what matters.  someone on the last page did say "too many fonts," which i do agree with; my preference is one font.  the company i work for hosts a years-of-service reception every year, and they mail out simple white card-type invitations.  for a few years, the woman in charge of planning used three or four fonts, and i thought it looked haphazard.  someone else is designing them now, and they look nicer with one.

There was a second piece. That's the one Jonathan Hartono posted (might have been the Save the Date...it was attached to his fridge). THAT one might have had the registry on the back. 

6 hours ago, patsymae said:

Nothing to this poster, just only place I could backtrack to to comment on bridesmaids dresses (quit FB for a week because of election cray-cray but apparently I can't stay away from a screen anyway). IMO these are horrible bridesmaids dresses and as some poster said probably samples that they got for free--there is no ombre "theme." Plus to me they look really, really matronly--I'd say mother of the bride dresses but really more like grandmother, or even, given their 20-year-generational thing, great-grandmother dresses. Grandma Duggar was better dressed than these bridesmaids.

One of the J'Slaves said that Jinger picked the colors to look good together on stage. I can't figure out what the hell she's talking about. The colors are so random, I can't figure out how they'd look good together or make any sort of theme.

40 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

One of the J'Slaves said that Jinger picked the colors to look good together on stage. I can't figure out what the hell she's talking about. The colors are so random, I can't figure out how they'd look good together or make any sort of theme.

If she was going for the darker tones of the colours she picked (i.e. Maroon, Brown, Mulberry) it would make sense, but chucking in the brighter red, bright purple and pink make no sense.

Unless she said, this is the dress I want you to wear, but you can pick the colour?

5 hours ago, srosieb827 said:

If you look at her shoulders the light almost mimics a cap sleeve - With the lighting it's kind of washing her out on camera and I think that's what's being reflected in the monitor.

I zoomed into the camera display a bit and it really looks like a white shirt. Not saying that it could not be a optical illusion as the light on her shoulders fits the "white sleeve". I'm just irritated that it looks as white as the men's shirts.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived