IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

I don't think theres anything wrong with the invitation. It's just a very casual invitation that some people would use as a Save the Date with a more formal invite to follow. But hey, it's better than going into debt over a silly thing like wedding invites.
As for sending to the whole family thing.. maybe what the poster meant was for the adult children they all get their own invite? In my family, all the kids are grown up, but not necessarily married or even moved out. But lately, I've been getting my own invite to weddings (even family weddings where my parents were also invited) because I think it basically recognizes me as a separate entity from my parents. So, in the case of children like Jana, JD, etc, it would follow that they would get their own (and therefore, provide their own gift).  But certainly the littles and teens would still be grouped with parents (Mr. and Mrs Duggar and Family; Miss Jana Duggar; etc). Obviously, with such large families, it doesn't really make sense to use up so many stamps like that, but in my family and others, I've noticed that my age cohort has been getting separate invites and thank you's and the like. 

This is what I read was "proper" etiquette when I got married. The youngest guest we had was 22, so we didn't send out any "The Jones family" invites, but both my sister and SIL were living with their respective parents at the time, so we sent both a "Mr and Mrs Jones" and a "Ms Jones" invite to the same house.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that photo, Jinger has a tan line where she's obviously worn something with capped sleeves before.  The little screen is at an angle, so the colours look right for the camera operator, and the way those screens work, at any other angle (like the one we're looking at), the colours and the contrast will look really wrong. 

So it looks like she's wearing capped sleeves in the little screen because of the way the light is hitting the un-tanned portion of her arm.  It's one of those things where angled screens meet issues when screens are photographed.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

In that photo, Jinger has a tan line where she's obviously worn something with capped sleeves before.  The little screen is at an angle, so the colours look right for the camera operator, and the way those screens work, at any other angle (like the one we're looking at), the colours and the contrast will look really wrong. 

So it looks like she's wearing capped sleeves in the little screen because of the way the light is hitting the un-tanned portion of her arm.  It's one of those things where angled screens meet issues when screens are photographed.

I agree 100% with the lighting making it look like sleeves. But if next season we see this scene and she's wearing a white t-shirt in it, I think my jaw will drop :shocked:

On 19/11/2016 at 1:30 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

The way Josie's crown is being described reminds me of the time Lily was a flower girl on Modern Family

modern-family-little-bo-bleep.jpg

Oh, she is adorable!!!!!  Awwww!

Oh, I forgot the Josie & Michelle crown scene.

So much about it was wrong. It was pretty irrelevant and out of context given the direction the rest of the filming went; it was clearly gratuitous Michelle camera time.

And Josie is how old? I don't typically follow all the discussions but there has to be conversation here about the fact that she talks and behaves like a toddler when she is not one. The way she was all grabby at the crown being opened would have earner her a removal from the situation and consequences. Instead her mother just gets an even more baby like voice going - it made my skin seriously crawl.

But, I still liked the parts that were about Jeremy & Jinger & their wedding.

19 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So much about it was wrong. It was pretty irrelevant and out of context given the direction the rest of the filming went; it was clearly gratuitous Michelle camera time.

And Josie is how old? I don't typically follow all the discussions but there has to be conversation here about the fact that she talks and behaves like a toddler when she is not one. The way she was all grabby at the crown being opened would have earner her a removal from the situation and consequences. Instead her mother just gets an even more baby like voice going - it made my skin seriously crawl.

Josie is a year younger than my daughter, who is in 2nd grade. She is most definitely NOT a toddler or even close at this point. 

25 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The Duggars treat Josie like a permanent baby.  I've talked about it before, but yes, she was treated (and acted) like a 3-4 year old in that scene, not a nearly 7 year old.  It's hard to say, however, how much of that is Josie and how much is Michelle.  She's clearly ENCOURAGED to stay a baby longer, especially around Michelle, but since we don't see Josie too much without either JB or Michelle present, it's hard to say if she behaves that way in other situations.  Kids are incredibly perceptive, and if Josie has perceived that acting young gets her more attention, she's going to do it.  I wouldn't be surprised if she is playing Michelle and JB like a fiddle.  

Her older sisters buy into this too.  Remember Jill spoon fed her cereal when she was 5.  

More than likely, it's somewhere in the middle.  

I am not sure if I think Josie was behaving that out of age. I didn't know exactly how old she was but I put her around 5 or 6 and she is 6 almost 7. Given how much development can vary at this stage I don't think it is that bad. I think it is good that she has her sibling's children to play with and probably get to act older with, that way she can get the benefits of acting more grown up with them but getting babied by the rest. I think Josie might be one of the ones that will go her own way and because she is so loved she would probably be allowed more slack. Good for her but bad for the rest of her siblings. It is not so much that it is bad that Josie has gotten more attention, the bad thing is that the others haven't. 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

The Duggars treat Josie like a permanent baby.  I've talked about it before, but yes, she was treated (and acted) like a 3-4 year old in that scene, not a nearly 7 year old.  It's hard to say, however, how much of that is Josie and how much is Michelle.  She's clearly ENCOURAGED to stay a baby longer, especially around Michelle, but since we don't see Josie too much without either JB or Michelle present, it's hard to say if she behaves that way in other situations.  Kids are incredibly perceptive, and if Josie has perceived that acting young gets her more attention, she's going to do it.  I wouldn't be surprised if she is playing Michelle and JB like a fiddle.  

Her older sisters buy into this too.  Remember Jill spoon fed her cereal when she was 5.  

More than likely, it's somewhere in the middle.  

And this is why I think the younger girls will grow into very different adults compared to their sister moms. Jana was sister momming at Josie's age. They are being raised completely different.

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And this is why I think the younger girls will grow into very different adults compared to their sister moms. Jana was sister momming at Josie's age. They are being raised completely different.

It will be interesting to see what kind of adults the lost girls will be. How the sister mom raising them is different from Boob and Michelle. 

The sister mom's are moving on with the exception of Jana as of now. So, the youngest girls are going to get more attention from their parents as they get older and birds leave the nest. It may be a recipe for interesting rebellion from the cult.

When those kids rebel, I hope we get to see a bit of it.  I look at the Duggar family as a huge  psychology/sociology experiment.  It's entertaining.  But underneath the voyueristic entertainment value, the fact that I can just see the inevitable trainwreck is really just frustrating and sad.  Those poor kids.

Ack the picture of all three couples kissing is gross. And how fame-whorey of the parents to do it. 

As for the invitations, I thought it was a little odd that they chose a picture where you could see Jinger's legs through the dress. Each to their own though, and other than that, I think it's a charming photo and a cute invite.

28 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

When those kids rebel, I hope we get to see a bit of it.  I look at the Duggar family as a huge  psychology/sociology experiment.  It's entertaining.  But underneath the voyueristic entertainment value, the fact that I can just see the inevitable trainwreck is really just frustrating and sad.  Those poor kids.

We'll surely see some of it if "Jim Bob and Michelle Divorcing???!!1?" can make internet headlines at least once a month.

It is just like an experiment to be observed, considering most other fundie families who live this way don't have nearly the same exposure. Also, out of nineteen kids, there's no way every single one of them is going to ascribe to the lifestyle expected of them. The sad part is the foreseeable retribution if this happens, even for something small (like one of them wanting their own apartment or something). With how much they've dug in their heels, there's no way M + JB are going to compromise on their "values" even if it means a surge of unpopularity (since they'd find a way around it like they always do).

I'm wondering whether the buddy teams will remain essentially intact over the years, or if the various kids will gravitate toward non-buddy siblings.  Also, I can't imagine the entire family getting together every year for Thanksgiving at the TTH, especially when there are several dozen more in-laws (and their families) and children to factor in.  Will they alternate years so that approximately half of the clan is present each year?  Will Jed and Jer choose their buddy teams or each other to go on mission trips with?  Will any of the kids stay in touch with Josh, for other than family gatherings?

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Gentle reminder time that under the new rules we don't discuss the development of minors. 

http://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/#elQuestion-120

In my opinion, talk about Josie needs to cease, period. It's not even concern trolling. Just leave the littles out of it, the adults do plenty to talk/snark about on their own.

I just stopped by to say this, but I know the uncomplimentary posts about minor, very minor, children will continue. I'll skip over them.

On 11/16/2016 at 9:09 PM, backyard sylph said:

I assumed Josie was babied because she was born three months early, took awhile to catch up, had some early developmental delays and health concerns. And now it's difficult for them to let go of fear and etc.

I am always torn between Josie being babied because of her prematurity and her status as the last baby in a huge family. I know with my own preemies, I tend to go overboard thinking "fuck, they suffered enough, I am happy to get up at 3am when one of them needs his blanket pulled back up, despite being nearly 5 years old." NICU does crazy things to a parent. That prolonged terrifying fear of losing your brand new baby... it's unreal. I'm sure I baby my boys a bit, but I just don't care. Like I said, they suffered more in their first 11 weeks than many people in a life.

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

I am always torn between Josie being babied because of her prematurity and her status as the last baby in a huge family. I know with my own preemies, I tend to go overboard thining "fuck, they suffered enough, I am happy to get up at 3am when one of them needs his blanket pulled back up, despite being nearly 5 years old." NICU does crazy things to a parent. That prolonged terrifying fear of losing your brand new baby... it's unreal. I'm sure I baby my boys a bit, but I just don't care. Like I said, they suffered more in their first 11 weeks than many people in a life.

Sure, it's completely understandable. And they will likely all get to some point as they grow older and say, "That's quite enough now; I've got this." ;-)

1 minute ago, backyard sylph said:

Sure, it's completely understandable. And they will likely all get to some point as they grow older and say, "That's quite enough now; I've got this." ;-)

lol The second they say "hey stop coming in here at 3am" I will happily sleep all night :) 

And I have to say I am reaping what I have sown when one of my 5 year olds whines and cries about how he just can not put on his own sneakers when I know full well he does it without hesitation during school! 

26 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I am always torn between Josie being babied because of her prematurity and her status as the last baby in a huge family. I know with my own preemies, I tend to go overboard thinking "fuck, they suffered enough, I am happy to get up at 3am when one of them needs his blanket pulled back up, despite being nearly 5 years old." NICU does crazy things to a parent. That prolonged terrifying fear of losing your brand new baby... it's unreal. I'm sure I baby my boys a bit, but I just don't care. Like I said, they suffered more in their first 11 weeks than many people in a life.

Also consider that Josie is hopefully likely Michelle's last baby. I'd imagine that it's taken a while for that to sink in for Michelle, and she's going overboard with Josie because she realizes she'll never be able to dote on someone like that again. (Because hell if she'd be a doting grandma.)

Yeah, do gotta say that I have seven kids, and my oldest was definitely not as 'babied' as this last one.  And we *all* do it, the kids and I.  My 18 yr old is the oldest and she's as bad about babying her as I am.  I do know it, when I really think, but then I think "aw, she's the last one, it'll be ok."  and it's hard.

And just like twinmama, I do 'reap' what I've sown when she whines that she can't do such and such, when I know she does it fine at the babysitter's house.

when you KNOW they're your last one, you kind of want to make it last, you know?

5 hours ago, Stormy said:

We'll surely see some of it if "Jim Bob and Michelle Divorcing???!!1?" can make internet headlines at least once a month.

It is just like an experiment to be observed, considering most other fundie families who live this way don't have nearly the same exposure. Also, out of nineteen kids, there's no way every single one of them is going to ascribe to the lifestyle expected of them. The sad part is the foreseeable retribution if this happens, even for something small (like one of them wanting their own apartment or something). With how much they've dug in their heels, there's no way M + JB are going to compromise on their "values" even if it means a surge of unpopularity (since they'd find a way around it like they always do).

I've always wondered if some of the material things we see the kidults with aren't attempts to keep them in line. I just find some of the things JD has odd for the family. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived