IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

I think (as always) it's a mix of things:

Better wedding planner

Inlaw input

Jinger/Jeremy's taste

More experience of putting on weddings

And most importantly, TLC flashing the cash in the hope of garnering interest in the whole 'Duggar' thing.

I don't think we ever found a public wedding list did we? surely that has to be the biggest improvement of all......

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, TLC did so much less filming with this series that the previous ones (reruns....  reruns of reruns...) that they had more budget to throw at it. 

I guess if Jeremy has dreams of becoming a big-time church leader (or heaven forbid, going into politics), this is good for that - while no need to spend cash marrying Jessa off to a teenager...  But I agree it's most likely to be about how TLC want to portray it.  Parking lot reception for 1000 guests works in the context of "look at the megafamily", but Counting On is trying to show off a more "normal" image.

On 11/20/2016 at 1:42 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They wouldn't need 1000 though.  They only have to send one per family. 

So they'd need like, what, 45?

On 11/20/2016 at 1:45 PM, Carm_88 said:

Oh god. Why does this have to exist? Why did it show up when I was going to eat? 

What's next, they all get three adjoining hotel rooms and have a, well, you get the idea.  Hope you're done eating.

Ha, look at Michelle backing away as far as possible.  They all manage to kiss while avoiding a front hug.  Doesn't Mrs. Jeremy's-mother look kind of defrauding in that dress though?  Even my non-fundy self would be a little uncomfortable with that off the shoulder number.

23 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

And Jinger's was way better than both of them. So it's good that she learned from their mistakes. 

I liked jessa's dress the most, but i like poofy princess style dresses and found jinger's to be somewhat plain besides the train (on a crane in the rain down the drain) which was gorgeous.

7 hours ago, anotherone said:

So they'd need like, what, 45?

What's next, they all get three adjoining hotel rooms and have a, well, you get the idea.  Hope you're done eating.

I just dry retched breakfast, but I had a good laugh so all is forgiven! :P 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, JMO said:

@trustworthy

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, Georgiana said:

Jinger has always been more of her own mind than her sisters.  We have our name because it was traditionally JINGER who displayed the most unique and individual opinions, interests, and reactions.  Michelle may call her a follower, and perhaps she is in some regards, but Jinger has always made efforts to stand out as her own individual person (lately, largely in her fashion choices) where as the other older girls have always sort of tried to "blend together".    She may have been a sheep, but she was at least the sheep who was wearing a gaudy headband.  

It's sad to me to see the way Jinger has changed over the years, but the one (and possibly vain) hope I have from this wedding is that Jinger has not LOST herself, but rather found more "approved" methods of expressing her personality.  Her wedding certainly stands out, and I hope that Jeremy continues to support Jinge in making choices that are different from her sisters'.  

While I don't have any reasonable expectation of J+J becoming less fundie, I do hope that they embrace their individual selves, encouraging their children and siblings to do the same, and realizing that as there is no "cookie-cutter" model of a perfect Christian:  allow their family to do away with petty rules (like no pants), embrace and develop individual interests, and maybe even (stretch goal here!) make decisions based NOT on what JB and M did, but upon what is RIGHT for their family (dare I hope for REAL school?  enrollment in sports for the kids?).  

A girl can hope :) 

She's got a lot more going for her than the others for us to hope on: living in a completely different state away from the TTH, a husband who has his own absorbing responsibilities instead of one whose life consists in hanging around helping JB out on random maintenance projects, in-laws who use BC and look comparatively normal in appearance, Jeremy's exposure to college/world, a new congregation completely separate from JB/Cross Church with people coming from different perspectives, etc.  For most of us, these would mean little -- in fact her new world would be stifling to us.  But for Jinge these could be huge eye-openers.  Jeremy was a pro soccer player -- he's GOT to have cable to watch it now and keep up with favorite teams.  That in and of itself is something. They are relatively close to San Antonio and Austin, which Jinger will love. They are cool cities where she can explore a lot of things.  I'm a believer!  Don't rain on my fantasy parade.

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Are they still on their honeymoon, or is Jinger living life in a small apartment now?

i wonder this too. they have been rather private with the details of their wedding and honeymoon, until after the fact.

22 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

i wonder this too. they have been rather private with the details of their wedding and honeymoon, until after the fact.

Yeah, I'd expect to see pictures of Jinger holding a baby kangaroo by now on Instagram. Judging by the recent (leaked?) photo posted here earlier (the one with the not-capsleeves) with the two of them surrounded by cameras, I'm assuming they're saving the details for the show.

I hope we'll be pleasantly surprised by what fun things they did on their honeymoon.  If all they wanted was to try local coffee and food, heck they could have saved the airfare and gone to San Francisco.   If you Google "New Zealand images" it's breathtaking -- almost fjord-like.  Please tell me they went on cool hikes and explored all that natural beauty and stayed in a tree house hotel or something.  Please tell me they didn't spend their time tasting coffee they could get at home.  This may be the only time in her life Jinger isn't pregnant or with a gaggle of kids -- I'd be bungee jumping or visiting a rain forest or taking a water plane to a remote island or something.  But okay, she likes cities, not the outdoors.  So, hmm, stay in cities and do only really Aussie things, whatever those are.  Some of you from Oz will know better than I.  And really, aren't Australian beaches supposed to be spectacular?  I suppose we'll never know if she got coaxed into a bathing suit, but wouldn't that be fun if she could just run along the sand and splash around and feel the sun on her shoulders without that weird wetsuit thing on?  You can do it Jinge, come on baby!

Our coffee is nothing like yours. If Jinger isn't converted I'll eat my hat!

New Zealand scenery is spectacular. Definitely many activities for all ages and abilities. I'm not seeing jumping off anything happening though.

Beaches here are great, but I doubt they spent the day at the beach like we would. Maybe a nice walk, like Bronte to Bondi? That's stunning. Might be a few too many underdressed folks though!

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Our coffee is nothing like yours. If Jinger isn't converted I'll eat my hat!

New Zealand scenery is spectacular. Definitely many activities for all ages and abilities. I'm not seeing jumping off anything happening though.

Beaches here are great, but I doubt they spent the day at the beach like we would. Maybe a nice walk, like Bronte to Bondi? That's stunning. Might be a few too many underdressed folks though!

... please tell me you really are a Kangaroo as your name implies. That would make me so happy to imagine a technologically savvy Kangaroo posting about New Zealand scenery and defrauding beach goers. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Percy said:

From what I have read Australian coffee is very different to American coffee, we don't do drip filtered stuff.

I'm sure it is, but that alone is not worth the airfare!  I really hope they're doing more than tasting coffee they could buy online and have shipped to TX :) 

I guess I'm geeky enough to (wishful thinking) hope they see the Lord of the Rings scenery in New Zealand. I'd love to see a picture of them in Hobbiton/ The Shire! It looks gorgeous!

Does anyone know if Jinger and Jeremy also have a covenant marriage? Is Jessa in one? I only know of Jill being in a covenant marraige with Derick.

I don't really understand a covenant marriage. It's like saying regular marriage vows are too weak to hold a marriage together, and you will run out and get a divorce at the slightest problem. You must have the covenant marriage so you're locked in. Funny how those old vows have worked for years.

On 11/24/2016 at 5:23 PM, trustworthy said:

She's got a lot more going for her than the others for us to hope on: living in a completely different state away from the TTH, a husband who has his own absorbing responsibilities instead of one whose life consists in hanging around helping JB out on random maintenance projects, in-laws who use BC and look comparatively normal in appearance, Jeremy's exposure to college/world, a new congregation completely separate from JB/Cross Church with people coming from different perspectives, etc.  For most of us, these would mean little -- in fact her new world would be stifling to us.  But for Jinge these could be huge eye-openers.  Jeremy was a pro soccer player -- he's GOT to have cable to watch it now and keep up with favorite teams.  That in and of itself is something. They are relatively close to San Antonio and Austin, which Jinger will love. They are cool cities where she can explore a lot of things.  I'm a believer!  Don't rain on my fantasy parade.

Though all those things applied to Jill, to some extent. And I really did think "oh, well, she'll be living in a whole different country around people who just by virtue of being a different ethnicity/culture/linguistic group from her will have a very different perspective on life, and maybe she'll have the good sense to listen and learn", and "well, Derick works for an actual company and has real skills and real-world experience"...and look at the two of them.

All I can dare to hope for Jinger is that she maybe pulls on a pair of skinny jeans or a tank top, doesn't have an assload of kids, and Jeremy doesn't turn into as big a JB sycophant as Ben did, and doesn't decide to fuck with his face and turn into/reveal himself to be an utter tool like Derick did.

The one for whom I honestly have a little more hope for a happy life is, oddly enough, Joy. She's getting with someone she seems to know pretty well, he/his family run an outdoorsy sort of operation that she'd thrive in, and she'd be close enough to see her siblings often, but far enough away to go be her own person. Of course, with my prediction track record, by this time in 2018 we'll probably see Joy giving us a dead-fish "please help me" smile from a mold-infested guest house on the compound while Austin drones on about "reaching" poor black kids in Little Rock by bribing them with outdoor activities in exchange for lectures about Jesus.

13 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Though all those things applied to Jill, to some extent. And I really did think "oh, well, she'll be living in a whole different country around people who just by virtue of being a different ethnicity/culture/linguistic group from her will have a very different perspective on life, and maybe she'll have the good sense to listen and learn", and "well, Derick works for an actual company and has real skills and real-world experience"...and look at the two of them.

All I can dare to hope for Jinger is that she maybe pulls on a pair of skinny jeans or a tank top, doesn't have an assload of kids, and Jeremy doesn't turn into as big a JB sycophant as Ben did, and doesn't decide to fuck with his face and turn into/reveal himself to be an utter tool like Derick did.

The one for whom I honestly have a little more hope for a happy life is, oddly enough, Joy. She's getting with someone she seems to know pretty well, he/his family run an outdoorsy sort of operation that she'd thrive in, and she'd be close enough to see her siblings often, but far enough away to go be her own person. Of course, with my prediction track record, by this time in 2018 we'll probably see Joy giving us a dead-fish "please help me" smile from a mold-infested guest house on the compound while Austin drones on about "reaching" poor black kids in Little Rock by bribing them with outdoor activities in exchange for lectures about Jesus.

But Derick and Jill  lived in the compound even while Derick was working and it's the only place they have to return to in between missions.  Jeremy being grounded with a job and an apartment 11 hours away (by car -- these people drive everywhere) still seems way better to me. Going off on a mission it's easier to not identify with those you're preaching to -- different language, culture, etc. -- even to see them as inferior and therefore not get influenced by them. Whereas Jinger will be on more equal footing with folks in Jeremy's church. And she'll have to respect Jeremy's parents.  The whole headship thing.  I love the fact that he's going to want to spend some holidays with his family in NJ/MD.  A small Christmas with six at the table, with no maelstrom of babies/toddlers running around screaming, has got to be an eye-opener.  Just adult conversation while leisurely sipping coffee after having eaten off real plates something other than tater tot casserole vs. the insanity of the TTH.  I have hope!!!  But I do see what you're saying about Joy and I really hope you're right. 

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Does anyone know if Jinger and Jeremy also have a covenant marriage? Is Jessa in one? I only know of Jill being in a covenant marraige with Derick.

I think they do. In the wedding episode, one of the officiants (I think it was said by Jeremy's dad, but not sure) said something about "have come here to join into covenant marriage."

1 hour ago, bellina said:

I think they do. In the wedding episode, one of the officiants (I think it was said by Jeremy's dad, but not sure) said something about "have come here to join into covenant marriage."

I thought that the only ones NOT to have a covenant marriage were Josh and Anna because IIRC Florida didn't do them. So I think that Jill and Derick, Jessa and Ben and Jinger and Jeremy all have them.

I don't think JB and M have a covenant marriage, and they've done OK. Do they encourage their kids to have a covenant marriage? Don't they trust them? Obviously they don't.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think JB and M have a covenant marriage, and they've done OK. Do they encourage their kids to have a covenant marriage? Don't they trust them? Obviously they don't.

Of course they don't trust them. Fundies trust no one. ;) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived