IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

I'm glad I wasn't the only one noticing the eye candy guy. Now that looks like someone Jana would look nice standing with, laughing, whispering to each other. He may be much younger than he looks but then maybe Jana's age. One can only wish.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see photos of children asleep on the couch at the Duggar house. Are these children related to this woman? Or is she just posting pictures of random kids on her PUBLIC facebook page?!

Why is that one girl/woman wearing a brown knit cap inside??

And that poor woman with the see-through red dress. One should always have someone take a flash photo before leaving the house in a new dress/top made with different fabrics.

So many of the men have ill-fitting pants. It bugs me.

33 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I see photos of children asleep on the couch at the Duggar house. Are these children related to this woman? Or is she just posting pictures of random kids on her PUBLIC facebook page?!

Why is that one girl/woman wearing a brown knit cap inside??

And that poor woman with the see-through red dress. One should always have someone take a flash photo before leaving the house in a new dress/top made with different fabrics.

So many of the men have ill-fitting pants. It bugs me.

Glad I wasn't the only one who spotted the hot mess red dress. 

This Marci chick seems like a real creepy freaky mcfreakerson.  

Did anyone notice the picture of Josie with her fingers in the fruit cocktail juice? Gross. 

Sierra... has her nose been broken? It just doesn't look right. Or maybe it's just her buggy eyes? 

I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to clean the TTH after that shindig. I'm sure Joy was in charge of the clean up crew. 

6 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to clean the TTH after that shindig. I'm sure Joy was in charge of the clean up crew. 

I'm sure that Michelle is glad she never has to clean up that house either.  

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have you guys checked out Marci Dauers FB page? She posted a bunch of pics from the wedding weekend on nov 10. There's a pic of Sierra with an ugly floral sack dress on.

Holy crap! That's Sierra?!? I thought it was someone decades older until I clicked on the full picture. Poor girl needs a vacation. And she needs to burn that dress.

On 11/11/2016 at 6:06 AM, charmedforsure said:

LMAO! When Derick first came into the spotlight, I had to make sure he wasn't the heir to the Dillard's department store fortune! 

I did the same thing!  He was from the right place and the name was right. I also wondered if maybe his dad had been the black sheep becoming a cop instead of working in the family business. Then I found no connection and was a little sad. I like a good soap opera drama. 

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Believers in God (a supreme being) and the Historical Jesus?  I'm not sure.

When I look at the historical Jesus I think he was a pretty cool guy.  I like a lot of what he preached (without the overlay of Paul).  I don't think he was the son of god, and I have a problem with the concept of a supreme being.  Therefore - I'm an atheist. :)

I think Jesus was a pretty cool hippy type dude! I'm Christian but not really stuck to a denomination lol.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:09 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who uses the word 'evil' in anything wedding related?  Seriously, who does that?

The Maxwells?

And am I the only one bugged by there being 3 brown dresses? I HOPE they picked their own colors or had like one available per size needed or something. *hides* Otherwise, they are definitely a step up, and I think Michelle looked lovely so there's that lol.

12 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

SAME!!! We are the sane ones!!! 

*raises a tub of frosting* A TOAST TO THE SANE ONES!

10 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

--snip--

They're also taught children without a father are damaged. That could scare her, and they're also taught nobody wants a "used" woman (one who's had SEEEEXXX) so she could feel that she has no choice but to stay.

Fuck, I used to have a friend who thought that despite being liberal and not religious. Needless to say after hearing that from him I stopped being friends with him and everyone in our high school circle got sick of him. I blame abstinence only sex ed.

49 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

I think Jesus was a pretty cool hippy type dude! I'm Christian but not really stuck to a denomination lol.

I think Jesus and Bernie Sanders have a lot more in common than Jesus and the Duggars :P Adding to that, Jews are another group that don't deny that the historical Jesus existed (or could be a combination of multiple people, as some have theorized), he just wasn't the messiah.

3 hours ago, sansan said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one noticing the eye candy guy. Now that looks like someone Jana would look nice standing with, laughing, whispering to each other. He may be much younger than he looks but then maybe Jana's age. One can only wish.

He's 22 years old. Jana is going to be 27(!) in a couple of months. I ship Skylar and Joy, they'd be perfect for one another!!

6 hours ago, montyollie said:

You did a way better job than me... I have been having a SUPER hard time keeping up with all the posts and missed this.  I just did it, but did a shitty job of it.  I never could do colour wheel stuff.  I'm also a pretty crappy quilter.  HA!  Well, actually I quilt amazingly, but my sense of colour is garbage.

I just wanted to wave at a fellow quilter!  :sewmachine:  quilters unite!

What @formergothardite said.  We've always avoided strictly defining it, partly because there are so many fuzzy areas in Christianity and partly because we don't always talk about Fundamentalist Christians.
I've honed my definition over the years and it does come back to the (quite recent as in the last 30 years) Christian Patriarchal Movement.  While there are many Evangelicals, some with Fundamentalist leanings (see "The Fundamentals: A Testimony to the Truth" published in the 1920s or thereabouts for a definitions) the Christian Patriarchal Movement goes to greater extremes.
There are lots of Bible literalists,  anti-evolution, anti-abortion, flat-earthers, and so on in all denominations and non-denominations.  I call those people Fundie, Fundie-lite and Evangelical - and there are a lot of fuzzy areas.
To me it boils down to how they treat women.  The Christian Patriarchal Movement preaches submission.  
  •  Fundie = female submission = penis always rules and women must submit.  Tend to home-school, homestead, and live "separate from the world.  Breed Quivers with the goal of world dominion.  Some are Sovereign Citizen types.  Hate LBGTQ and same sex marriage.  Abortion = murder. A few (not all and only the most extreme) are anti-education.
  • Fundie-lite/very Evangelical = complementarian = different but complementary.  Penis still rules.  May home school, homestead and so on, but are part of the bigger community.  Usually dislike LBGTQ but don't necessarily go apeshit.  Can (rarely) be pro-choice. 
  • Christianity as Jesus actually preached it = egalitarian = penis and vagina hold equal power.  Live and let live.
Even within denominations there is considerable variety.  There are some Catholics I would consider to be extreme Fundamentalists.  

To make the lines even fuzzier, "evangelical" does not even necessarily mean "conservative". The United Church of Canada, for instance, was created through a merger of a number of evangelical denominations, and yet now it's pro-choice, has female and LGBT ministers, performs same-sex marriages, considers the Bible within its historical context, etc. The Church does not believe in going out to convert people, instead believing that their understanding of God through Jesus is just one of many ways for humans to understand something that is outside human understanding. Instead, evangelism (sharing the good news) for them is social justice; it's active in campaigning for justice for MMIW and sponsoring Syrian refugees, for instance.

I don't know if the UCC still identifies as evangelical (I couldn't find anything on their website, but I definitely remember it being mentioned when I was a kid), but this emphasis on social justice is in keeping with early evangelical traditions, such as Methodism's focus on charity.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hope none of the Duggar daughters ever end up with Skylar Weiss. He seems to be neck deep in that fake military of their cult. He's a "Drill Instructor" at the newest Alert training camp. Somehow I can't link from my tablet but go to Alert Academy -> Downloads -> Prayer Calendar -> Unit 56.

8 hours ago, scozzle said:

At risk of imagining things.... but do I spy JillRod in the background to one of those pictures? 

The picture in question has Sierra wearing a bring pink tracksuit top stranding with two other women in the Duggar lounge.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Still scrolling through the pictures to find the one you mentioned, but I wondered if it was Jill in the background to the picture outside the church with a man and woman standing next to the 'Thankful' board. I thought I spotted DavidRod in the background of one of the inside pictures - he was on the far right of the pic but I can't remember which one now!

ETA - found the picture you meant and yes it looks like Jill! The one I spied of David was in the background of a picture of a lady reading a book to some children on a couch.

For all I know this is all being hashed out in the JillRod thread already - haven't made it that far yet today! Sorry if I'm duplicating.

That looks one hell of a party, "hell" being the operative word.

For a start, check out what the kids are being read. Good Christian stuff, that.

14962599_827356230738161_3769100279563840922_n.jpg

28 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

That looks one hell of a party, "hell" being the operative word.

For a start, check out what the kids are being read. Good Christian stuff, that.

14962599_827356230738161_3769100279563840922_n.jpg

No wonder there are children falling asleep all over the place. 

And why is that little girl wearing giant cowboy boots? 

9 hours ago, sansan said:

i've been pairing skylar and jana together for years now. they would look nice together, whether or not they'd be compatible or anything is not what i'm looking at... but damn, they'd make some pretty babies. GET THAT D, JANA!

Hope all of our FJ folks in NZ are safe today. Sending big hugs to anyone's dealing with the after effects due to the earthquake and tsunami. 

Sorry I posted this here, but since JinJer are in NZ, I feel it was appropriate. I hope they are ok too. 

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/318000/severe-earthquake-shakes-nz

8 hours ago, divadivine said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who spotted the hot mess red dress. 

This Marci chick seems like a real creepy freaky mcfreakerson.  

Did anyone notice the picture of Josie with her fingers in the fruit cocktail juice? Gross. 

Sierra... has her nose been broken? It just doesn't look right. Or maybe it's just her buggy eyes? 

Marci Dauer is the Emma Stone to JRod's Lindsay Lohan.

8 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

And am I the only one bugged by there being 3 brown dresses? I HOPE they picked their own colors or had like one available per size needed or something. *hides* Otherwise, they are definitely a step up, and I think Michelle looked lovely so there's that lol.

I am only seeing 2 brown dresses.

17 hours ago, calimojo said:

RE: Marcy Dauer,  I know this is terribly superficial of me, but something about her face annoys the f#ck out of me.  She seems very keen to be photographed with the Duggars as much as possible.  Very fameseeking to me, and her son, really gives off a douchey vibe.  I really hope that none of the remaining eligible Duggar girls ever pair up with him.   But I get the feeling that his mom would love nothing more than to marry him off to one of remaining girls. 

I've had an intense dislike for her ever since she posted photos from a 2014 mission trip to El Salvador. I got the sense she thought the trip was just good fun, and the citizens and their lifestyles were entertainment. There were many photos of the "missionaries" just standing around people's homes, snapping pictures of the dirt floors and forcing the owners to pose for photos. The looks on their faces as she invaded their personal spaces said it all.  I remember one photo of a woman with a terribly swollen leg, and she said something along the lines of "Look at that leg!"--she sounded gleeful. Definitely of Duggar ilk.

To my mind, anyone who uses the term "precious" to condescendingly describe someone they look down on is utterly vile.

12 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I actually go to a Unitarian Universalist church, even though I'm Christian (10% of UU'S are Christian, but there seems to be even less in my congregation).  Definitely check out their seven principles.  . . I think our church has found a great balance of humanism and respecting all faiths :)

The church blended the two principles of Unitarian and Universalism together, though it no longer considers itself a Christian denomination nowadays.  I really like getting to know all faiths. Like, I never heard of the ba Hai Faith before going there, and our reverend wife told me a good bit about it, because she's member (I'd check it out, too if you have time.  They lean more towards a "what if they're all right - judeo-christian, Islam, etc.").

Also, most of Islam follows judeo-christian old testament leanings, believes in Jesus as a prophet, just not the son of god ~

^ just my two cents :)

I am also UU! I'm agnostic, and there is a huge range of beliefs from athiest to Christian and anything else you can think of. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived