IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

I'm also a UU (raised Methodist) and want to chime in that yes, my fellow congregants have a wide range of beliefs (including Jewish, Muslim backgrounds etc).

But--bridesmaids dresses: I've always wondered what these fundy maidens (many of whom aren't rich) do with all their bridesmaids dresses after they've worn them. I'm no seamstress, but I am inclined that you could take Jinger's bridesmaids dresses, shorten them to just past the knee, and wearing them to future weddings as a guest.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am only seeing 2 brown dresses.

I'm going to guess that RainbowSky is referring to Joy, the girl next to Anna, and the girl in the glasses? Not sure I'd classify them all as brown though.

Unbenannt.png

3 hours ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Hope all of our FJ folks in NZ are safe today. Sending big hugs to anyone's dealing with the after effects due to the earthquake and tsunami. 

Sorry I posted this here, but since JinJer are in NZ, I feel it was appropriate. I hope they are ok too. 

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/318000/severe-earthquake-shakes-nz

I actually forgot they were supposed to be in NZ. Thanks for this post. I really hope the damage isn't too extensive.

You all forced me to go to Facebook to see the Marci Dwyer's pictures. 1. She takes a lot of random shots that have no real purpose. 2. Looking at her timeline posts, she really seems obsessed with them. Who has that many posts for people that are supposedly friends? It's creepy. It's as though she spends the day surfing the internet trying to find articles to post about the Duggars. I am sure she is trying to set one of her kids up with a Duggar kid. 

Anyone know how these fundies, most of whom do not have a reality show or real job, are able to afford to travel to so many weddings? I get that they most likely drive but it still seems so expensive. I am sure they are also attending a lot of fundy weddings we never hear about.

14 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I actually go to a Unitarian Universalist church, even though I'm Christian (10% of UU'S are Christian, but there seems to be even less in my congregation).  Definitely check out their seven principles.  . . I think our church has found a great balance of humanism and respecting all faiths :)

The church blended the two principles of Unitarian and Universalism together, though it no longer considers itself a Christian denomination nowadays.  I really like getting to know all faiths. Like, I never heard of the ba Hai Faith before going there, and our reverend wife told me a good bit about it, because she's member (I'd check it out, too if you have time.  They lean more towards a "what if they're all right - judeo-christian, Islam, etc.").

Also, most of Islam follows judeo-christian old testament leanings, believes in Jesus as a prophet, just not the son of god ~

^ just my two cents :)

Former RC, now attending an UU fellowship (on my way out the door right now). I love it.

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hope none of the Duggar daughters ever end up with Skylar Weiss. He seems to be neck deep in that fake military of their cult. He's a "Drill Instructor" at the newest Alert training camp. Somehow I can't link from my tablet but go to Alert Academy -> Downloads -> Prayer Calendar -> Unit 56.

What a great resource; thanks for this. Here's the link for interested parties. http://www.alertacademy.com/alert/pdf/prayercalendars/unit-56-prayer-booklet.pdf

And the main page of prayer lists, which seems to name every kid in attendance, which is why I'm so excited: http://www.alertacademy.com/alert/training/downloads/prayer-calendar/

35 minutes ago, socalrules said:

You all forced me to go to Facebook to see the Marci Dwyer's pictures. 1. She takes a lot of random shots that have no real purpose. 2. Looking at her timeline posts, she really seems obsessed with them. Who has that many posts for people that are supposedly friends? It's creepy. It's as though she spends the day surfing the internet trying to find articles to post about the Duggars. I am sure she is trying to set one of her kids up with a Duggar kid. 

Anyone know how these fundies, most of whom do not have a reality show or real job, are able to afford to travel to so many weddings? I get that they most likely drive but it still seems so expensive. I am sure they are also attending a lot of fundy weddings we never hear about.

The Dauers are comfortable. They live in San Jose and seem to be well off even by Bay Area standards. Not loaded, but comfortable. You really need to watch the 700 club video, if you haven't. They talk about how their financial success was unfulfilling, or something along those lines (I haven't watched it in a while, so I don't remember the details).

Marci says she met the Duggars through ATI and when the Duggars are in CA they visit her family and she's gone to all the Duggar girl weddings. 

I was shocked to see she and her husband have been married for 48 years. Damn! That means she's probably in her late 60s and doesn't look like it. They also have an adopted Asian son much older than Cooper who is married with 5 kids. 

14 hours ago, halcionne said:

@JermajestyDuggar I was thinking the girl in the black & pink poufy dress could be a Rod? 

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 06.09 PM.PNG

Here's some fundie eye traps candy for the Skylar fans out there

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 06.10 PM.PNG 

I almost forgot! Here are Mama and Papa Dauer discussing their conversion experience on the 700 Club. Can anyone tell me how to save this vid in case Cooper ever removes it?

This video should be saved for the outfits alone.  Starting  about 1.40 min

Can anyone tell me how to save this vid in case Cooper ever removes it?

What I would do is aim a video camera at the screen and record it. I have done that before if I wanted something saved and there was no other way to do it.

Wouldn't the family have tweet or had a facebook status to at least asked for prayers? I'm just reminiscing on when Tokyo had their tsunami, I made sure everyone was sending thoughts/prayers until we got an update from any of them.

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Marci says she met the Duggars through ATI and when the Duggars are in CA they visit her family and she's gone to all the Duggar girl weddings. 

I was shocked to see she and her husband have been married for 48 years. Damn! That means she's probably in her late 60s and doesn't look like it. They also have an adopted Asian son much older than Cooper who is married with 5 kids. 

How old is Cooper? I bet Michelle would be absolutely fuming to know that Marci managed to pop out a marriageable and semi-successful by fundie standards son in her late 40s (at the earliest).

Also, it's so transparent that Marci is trying to hook Cooper up with a Duggar girl. He couldn't get Jinger, so either he'll cougar it up and start macking on Jana, or he'll go for Joy. Or do a creepy Medieval betrothal to Johannah downwards.

On 11/10/2016 at 6:56 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Just got back from work. I'm half sad for Jinger becoming another fundie broodmare, and half stealing all of her wedding decor, dress included. And the shoes. Especially the shoes.

I love love love her shoes! I wish my fiance wasn't the same height as me because I would kill to wear those shoes! :pb_lol::pb_lol: So surprised she even wore shoes considering her sisters... but just glad her wedding actually looks planned and like it wasn't drunkenly put together :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

How old is Cooper? I bet Michelle would be absolutely fuming to know that Marci managed to pop out a marriageable and semi-successful by fundie standards son in her late 40s (at the earliest).

Also, it's so transparent that Marci is trying to hook Cooper up with a Duggar girl. He couldn't get Jinger, so either he'll cougar it up and start macking on Jana, or he'll go for Joy. Or do a creepy Medieval betrothal to Johannah downwards.

Cooper is 22. So she's probably hoping he will court Joy. But Joy wouldn't court him. He looks kind of smug and awkward. Bad combo.

1 hour ago, Divemaster01 said:

What I would do is aim a video camera at the screen and record it. I have done that before if I wanted something saved and there was no other way to do it.

Lol I decided to stop being lazy and figure out how to do it for real. Saved for posterity here

You're welcome! ~jillwink~

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Cooper is 22. So she's probably hoping he will court Joy. But Joy wouldn't court him. He looks kind of smug and awkward. Bad combo.

Creepy Cooper needs to take a hike and not come back. Joy and Jana deserve someone much better. 

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She could do worse, though. He's close-ish to her age, has a similar educational background (which removes some of the creepy power/maturity gap we see with Derick and Jeremy), but he does seem to be well-traveled (I think he lived in Singapore for a while) and has a personality from what I can see on his Instagram. He still seems like a douchebag, but I'm reading it as 22-year-old douchebaggery more than anything, though of course he's steeped in a culture that would never encourage him to grow out of it.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wouldn't the family have tweet or had a facebook status to at least asked for prayers? I'm just reminiscing on when Tokyo had their tsunami, I made sure everyone was sending thoughts/prayers until we got an update from any of them.

Maybe they're in Australia right now? Or the Duggars think that those godless hobbits and Maori deserved God's wrath?

On 11/10/2016 at 4:07 PM, VineHeart137 said:

From their About Us page:

They also have videos that I did not watch with titles like "The chilling truth about abortion in 6 mins" and "Who is in my womb?"

Being someone who is pretty who is pretty much unshakeable, I decided to watch the videos. I was a bit disturbed by all three...they seemed to have a feeling of indoctrination to them. Then there is this: Incentive Program to Earn Free Diapers, Wipes, groceries, Baby Furniture & clothes when you sign up for our free classes!

144295.jpg

1 minute ago, paulypepper said:

Being someone who is pretty who is pretty much unshakeable, I decided to watch the videos. I was a bit disturbed by all three...they seemed to have a feeling of indoctrination to them. Then there is this: Incentive Program to Earn Free Diapers, Wipes, groceries, Baby Furniture & clothes when you sign up for our free classes!

144295.jpg

That pretty much sounds like being a kid and taking candy from strangers. Wow super duper creepy. 

I just want to see one of these gals end up with Brandon Keilen's brother. Can't remember which one, but since I can't have that POA to myself, someone's got enjoy it it. Might as well be Jana. 

25 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

I just want to see one of these gals end up with Brandon Keilen's brother. Can't remember which one, but since I can't have that POA to myself, someone's got enjoy it it. Might as well be Jana. 

I think you're referring to Craig.  Don't think he would ever get the JB stamp of approval since he doesn't appear to be fundy. Also he's an office type guy which Jana said she didn't want.  He is cute though.

Looks like those pictures on Marci's page were pulled. I managed to get through them all but all off a sudden it came up with a sign about them being unavailable and when I reloaded the page they weren't there. They did seem rather odd though, I guess because to me it made it seem like she was bored or something taking so many random photos just of her surroundings.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived