IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

10 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Jinger's outfit is cute!   (I can see her knee! NIKE!)

jinger-jeremy2.jpg

Why is it all the sudden Jinge has appropriate footwear and cute-ish outfits. Granted she looks like she's ready to be a preacher's wife, but what happened to her eleventy pairs of flip flops? The mustard courting Cardi? Did Jeremy's Mom take her shopping and tell her "This is how a preacher's wife dresses." ? 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, divadivine said:

Why is it all the sudden Jinge has appropriate footwear and cute-ish outfits. Granted she looks like she's ready to be a preacher's wife, but what happened to her eleventy pairs of flip flops? The mustard courting Cardi? Did Jeremy's Mom take her shopping and tell her "This is how a preacher's wife dresses." ? 

That said, Jeremy is dressed up too. Maybe they went out for a nice meal? If so - I hope TLC paid. Sydney restaurants aren't cheap.

29 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

They want to have "cultural foods"? What does that mean? Wichety grubs? 

Because really - there wouldn't be much food in Sydney that they couldn't get in NYC. I can't really see Jinger enjoying the seafood or Asian food options, which is probably where Sydney excels.

Totally jealous of them, because when I think of Sydney and Melbourne, and "cultural food" I think of the amazing fusion cooking, especially Asian Fusion, and wow, all that incredible natural produce.  But I'm biased, I'm pretty obsessed with Aussie Masterchef, and S8 Finals Weeks is being shown in the UK this week.  I want to eat a Balmain Bug, and lobster, and eat at Kylie Kwong's restaurant, and have  Adriano Zumbo high tea, and just wonder around eating and drinking and going to art galleries, and eating as much seafood as I can possibly manage!

ETA While I take the point of Aus and NZ having stunning countryside, I hope that Jinger, who got shot down for wanting city life, gets to see as many cities as she can, and gets to do things she wants to do.

50 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

man, she looks tired! I think I've never seen her that tired. haha, she should eat some kangaroos, the meat is delicious, really!!

45 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

They want to have "cultural foods"? What does that mean? Wichety grubs? 

Because really - there wouldn't be much food in Sydney that they couldn't get in NYC. I can't really see Jinger enjoying the seafood or Asian food options, which is probably where Sydney excels.

I also doubt they are going to branch out and eat kangaroo and emu (even though re the first, they totally should).

"Cultural foods" probably means Jeremy wants someone to slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for them.  

The Maxwells had a real problem with their single bites of Maine lobster, so I hope Jinger's palate is a bit more sophisticated and she can deal with prawns.

24 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

That said, Jeremy is dressed up too. Maybe they went out for a nice meal? If so - I hope TLC paid. Sydney restaurants aren't cheap.

I think Jer has a bit more class and higher standards when it comes to clothes. I think he spends money on higher quality timeless pieces that can be mixed and matched with some more trendy things. His ensemble at the wedding was amazing. Not everyone can put those pieces together and make it work. So, maybe he's helping Jinge by letting her add some quality staples to her wardrobe? Maybe Jinge can actually dress the way she likes now that she's no longer living at the TTC? Maybe she wanted to dress more fashionably but with Kim Jun Boob's "Buy Used and Save The Difference" motto she was prohibited from doing so? I sure hope she burns those ugly long skirts. 

Isn't it sad that it's only after marriage that the Duggar, Bates etc girls get to start exploring things like fashion? 

I am NOT trying to start a "babysteps" argument, I just think that it's pretty tragic that it's only after marriage that they get the chance to experiment with self-expression.  I hope they get the chance to explore interests too, but with the aim being instant children, they really don't have much time for it.

It's like Ben wanting to get into football coaching, and explore a bit of rap, and become a preacher - all this developing interests and personalities is what's supposed to happen in high school, and while getting a first job/going to college/doing something like have a year out volunteering etc etc.  I guess Ben is at that age, but the fact this is the first time Jinger and Jill are starting to explore their own style in their mid-20s (while trying to please their husbands too) is really depressing.

(I wonder if the Duggar girls lived in flipflops because all their clothes were meant to be share-able, and proper shoes can't be shared in the same way?)

If I were JinJer I'd be looking for P. Sherman at 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney..... Sadly Jing has no clue what this means. 

25 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

man, she looks tired! I think I've never seen her that tired. haha, she should eat some kangaroos, the meat is delicious, really!!

Sweet fellowship will do that to you... :brainbleach:

14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

"Cultural foods" probably means Jeremy wants someone to slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for them.  

Haha - probably, I would like to think they've at least eaten some "shrimp".  I can confirm that a) No Australian says shrimp. We call them prawns. :) and b ) We don't barbecue Prawns. 

I'm not sure where that good old myth came from tbh. 

We have so many great types of food here. Whether it be Indian, African, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, British, Sri Lankan, Pakistani, Irish etc. etc. Couldn't see either one of these trying any of these options. 

Jinger would actually blend in wearing thongs in Sydney if it's hot...

I like Jingers outfit. Out of the Duggar girls she seems to have the best dress sense.

Also not a babystep but I do think she will be soon broaden her fashion horizons in the name of pants and tanks. That makes me wonder if Jessa and Jill will follow suit..

1 minute ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Haha - probably, I would like to think they've at least eaten some "shrimp".  I can confirm that a) No Australian says shrimp. We call them prawns. :) and b ) We don't barbecue Prawns. 

I'm not sure where that good old myth came from tbh. 

Blame Paul Hogan. (I do, frequently.)

For all we know, she might have always wanted to experiment, but was stuck with ugly skirts/buy used, etc. because of her parents. 

Or, she might not have even been aware/conscious, and the contact with Jeremy's family might have made her realize that you don't have to be frumpy to dress conservatively. 

When Jill got married, the other sisters complained that she took the best clothes.  Maybe Jinger said never mind and only took two or three outfits with the plan to buy a new wardrobe. 

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

@CorruptionInc. "Shrimp on the Barbie" was part of a tourism campaign in the 80s to get Americans to visit Australia. 

That would explain a lot - I didn't live in Australia until the mid 90's. 

16 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

When Jill got married, the other sisters complained that she took the best clothes.  Maybe Jinger said never mind and only took two or three outfits with the plan to buy a new wardrobe. 

Let's hope! 

And I think that was crappy of Jill to take all the best clothing. She got a TON of new stuff for her home gifted to her. We all saw the registry. She probably didn't have to buy much for her new house. And I doubt she even chipped in on her wedding since jB most likely controls the girls' money until marriage. She could at least buy some clothing when she moved out instead of leaving all her sisters stuck at home with even less thrift store clothing to choose from. 

38 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

We have so many great types of food here. Whether it be Indian, African, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, British, Sri Lankan, Pakistani, Irish etc. etc. Couldn't see either one of these trying any of these options. 

You really don't think they would try British, Irish, Japanese, Thai, or Chinese? Those are all pretty available in the States. (Meaning they are not that unusual or exotic)Indian, is gaining popularity, I've only seen African, Sri Lanken, and Pakastani resteraunts  in larger cities.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Isn't it sad that it's only after marriage that the Duggar, Bates etc girls get to start exploring things like fashion? 

I am NOT trying to start a "babysteps" argument, I just think that it's pretty tragic that it's only after marriage that they get the chance to experiment with self-expression.  I hope they get the chance to explore interests too, but with the aim being instant children, they really don't have much time for it.

It's like Ben wanting to get into football coaching, and explore a bit of rap, and become a preacher - all this developing interests and personalities is what's supposed to happen in high school, and while getting a first job/going to college/doing something like have a year out volunteering etc etc.  I guess Ben is at that age, but the fact this is the first time Jinger and Jill are starting to explore their own style in their mid-20s (while trying to please their husbands too) is really depressing.

(I wonder if the Duggar girls lived in flipflops because all their clothes were meant to be share-able, and proper shoes can't be shared in the same way?)

bolded the end part because i wanted to speak on that. i just think its because they live in the south...tons of white folks i know literally wear flip flops or something similar...year round. Like its super weird to me. when i went to college some girls even went around barefoot on back campus (where we didn't have any rules about not wearing bras or shoes)....it is semi culutral and not that strange. the duggars just kinda go a bit extreme with it in formal occasions and other inappropriate times.

bolded the end part because i wanted to speak on that. i just think its because they live in the south...tons of white folks i know literally wear flip flops or something similar...year round. Like its super weird to me. when i went to college some girls even went around barefoot on back campus (where we didn't have any rules about not wearing bras or shoes)....it is semi culutral and not that strange. the duggars just kinda go a bit extreme with it in formal occasions and other inappropriate times.

Same could be said for a lot of Australians! Fun fact: my (Australian) cousin moved to Canada and she was wearing socks and flip flops until she knew she really needed to invest in some winter boots as the temperatures hit -20°c [emoji23][emoji23]

Classy looking outfit, awesome shoes; I just hope she didn't have to do too much walking in them, because they don't look too comfortable. 

3 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Same could be said for a lot of Australians! Fun fact: my (Australian) cousin moved to Canada and she was wearing socks and flip flops until she knew she really needed to invest in some winter boots as the temperatures hit -20°c emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm impressed!  Clearly she's made up of the right stuff for our winters.  A pair of winter Crocs maybe?

2 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

What does the article say? 

Why does everyone say he's a professional soccer player?

So was my SIL, but since he's 39 now, he works as a teacher.

This dude is a preacher in a church with a very small congregation.

He mostly is someone who wanted to be on reality TV.

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Classy looking outfit, awesome shoes; I just hope she didn't have to do too much walking in them, because they don't look too comfortable. 

Knees- are those knees?

Does anyone else wonder what they could have possibly talked about during the 15 hr flight to down under? Sure they may have slept for a 6-7 hrs, but the rest of the time? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived