IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

When Jill got married, the other sisters complained that she took the best clothes.  Maybe Jinger said never mind and only took two or three outfits with the plan to buy a new wardrobe. 

Well that's a bitch move. Sure, take a couple outfits you love but not all of them.

25 minutes ago, naatashamaru said:

bolded the end part because i wanted to speak on that. i just think its because they live in the south...tons of white folks i know literally wear flip flops or something similar...year round. Like its super weird to me. when i went to college some girls even went around barefoot on back campus (where we didn't have any rules about not wearing bras or shoes)....it is semi culutral and not that strange. the duggars just kinda go a bit extreme with it in formal occasions and other inappropriate times.

Like when they go hiking, lol.

And I thought they all wore flip flops because Gothard has a foot fetish.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2016 at 2:32 PM, VineHeart137 said:

At our wedding, we actually had a tiered display cake about the size of Jinger's cake, maybe a little smaller, for cutting and pictures, and then we had a sheet cake in the back to feed the excess. It was all the same flavor so it didn't make a difference whether a guest got a slice from the tiered cake or the sheet cake, but it was cheaper than getting a fancy cake that was big enough to feed all 100 guests.

Maybe the guests were allowed to choose between cupcakes and naked cake slices? Or yeah, maybe the naked cake went back to the TTH for those people.

To the bolded: We're doing something similar. Not having a traditional wedding cake at all, however, because why the heck would we spend 300+$ on cake? Fiance likes a specific kind of cake, so we're serving that. The only kind of cake I like is ice cream cake, so we're having a bunch of cupcakes (cos who doesn't like cupcakes?) and a whole small table just for candy/desserts.

I liked Jinger's cake though... wouldn't eat it or serve it myself, but it sure is pretty to look at.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

@CorruptionInc. "Shrimp on the Barbie" was part of a tourism campaign in the 80s to get Americans to visit Australia. 

Was it really that long ago?  Er, yes, it must have been.

The Duggars have a history of turning up their noses at "ethnic" food.  The performance at the Ethiopian restaurant in DC was something.  Josh looked like a doofus at an Eyetalian restaurant, and the kiddos rudely brought, and consumed, snack food when treated to Japanese cuisine.  Then there was Jill and her "bongers" and mash in the UK.  The Duggars refer to liking "Mexican" but in translation that means microwaved frozen burritos from Sam's Club.  

Perhaps Jinger is more adventurous.  I hope so.

On 11/13/2016 at 6:12 PM, justmy2cents said:

I think you're referring to Craig.  Don't think he would ever get the JB stamp of approval since he doesn't appear to be fundy. Also he's an office type guy which Jana said she didn't want.  He is cute though.

I wanted to see just how cute this guy is but all the pictures were of enormous families and enormous wedding parties so I'm not sure if I saw him or not. I know he was in Michael Bates wedding and Jana was absolutely gorgeous in those pics so it would be hard for him to miss her. 

2 hours ago, divadivine said:

I think Jer has a bit more class and higher standards when it comes to clothes. I think he spends money on higher quality timeless pieces that can be mixed and matched with some more trendy things. His ensemble at the wedding was amazing. Not everyone can put those pieces together and make it work. So, maybe he's helping Jinge by letting her add some quality staples to her wardrobe? Maybe Jinge can actually dress the way she likes now that she's no longer living at the TTC? Maybe she wanted to dress more fashionably but with Kim Jun Boob's "Buy Used and Save The Difference" motto she was prohibited from doing so? I sure hope she burns those ugly long skirts. 

Jeremy got that second job after all! Bwahahahahaha!!

2 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

I wanted to see just how cute this guy is but all the pictures were of enormous families and enormous wedding parties so I'm not sure if I saw him or not. I know he was in Michael Bates wedding and Jana was absolutely gorgeous in those pics so it would be hard for him to miss her. 

Look him up on Facebook. It's Craig Andrew Keilen. 

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

man, she looks tired! I think I've never seen her that tired. haha, she should eat some kangaroos, the meat is delicious, really!!

It's a long flight to Australia, I'd be tired too, especially after the excitement of a wedding.  

My in-laws are in Australia right now.  Every single person they encounter expresses their sadness over the election, and my in-laws feel the need to apologize for what happened.  I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy are having to field the same questions.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I like Jingers outfit. Out of the Duggar girls she seems to have the best dress sense.

Also not a babystep but I do think she will be soon broaden her fashion horizons in the name of pants and tanks. That makes me wonder if Jessa and Jill will follow suit..

And having a good dress sense and broadening their fashion horizons is so very important?  It seems rather facile to me.

I'm so glad you have finally conceded that donning pants and sleeveless dresses are not babysteps out of the cult.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The nodding and cooing "yessss" is giving me Priscilla feels--I noticed it in the bedhead video, too. It begins! :sigh:

What did we used to call that vapid adoring gaze here at FJ?

My apologies if this has been covered. That People article has a slide show up top, and the pics are credited to IG account jinger.n.duggar. Has anyone confirmed that's really her account?

On another note, her dress and heels are SUPER cute! Gives me Alyssa Bates vibes, with the whole high-profile (well, you know what I mean....) helpmeet status she has acquired now. Look the part, ya know! ;)

3 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

On another note, her dress and heels are SUPER cute! Gives me Alyssa Bates vibes, with the whole high-profile (well, you know what I mean....) helpmeet status she has acquired now. Look the part, ya know! ;)

A lot of people have searched for that, lol.

It says role play.

3 hours ago, divadivine said:

Why is it all the sudden Jinge has appropriate footwear and cute-ish outfits. Granted she looks like she's ready to be a preacher's wife, but what happened to her eleventy pairs of flip flops? The mustard courting Cardi? Did Jeremy's Mom take her shopping and tell her "This is how a preacher's wife dresses." ? 

Lol, newcomers at church are always mildly shocked that I'm "the pastor's wife". What with the jeans, flip flops and pony tail, and usually hiding in the back somewhere during the coffee hour. 

1 hour ago, Alachantal said:

To the bolded: We're doing something similar. Not having a traditional wedding cake at all, however, because why the heck would we spend 300+$ on cake? Fiance likes a specific kind of cake, so we're serving that. The only kind of cake I like is ice cream cake, so we're having a bunch of cupcakes (cos who doesn't like cupcakes?) and a whole small table just for candy/desserts.

I liked Jinger's cake though... wouldn't eat it or serve it myself, but it sure is pretty to look at.

If I ever get married I am thinking of just doing cookies or something simple. Who doesn't like cookies?

9 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Lol, newcomers at church are always mildly shocked that I'm "the pastor's wife". What with the jeans, flip flops and pony tail, and usually hiding in the back somewhere during the coffee hour. 

I should have said the 1950's Fundie Preacher's Wife. 

28 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

My apologies if this has been covered. That People article has a slide show up top, and the pics are credited to IG account jinger.n.duggar. Has anyone confirmed that's really her account?

That account says "role play" in the description. It's just another one of those odd ducks who like to make social media accounts pretending to be famous people.

1 hour ago, trustworthy said:

I feel like this is a breath of new fresh air -- a cute dress and heels!  

I really hope she starts Single White Female-ing Alyssa Bates. Because that's pretty much all I can dare to hope for her.

57 minutes ago, halcionne said:

The nodding and cooing "yessss" is giving me Priscilla feels--I noticed it in the bedhead video, too. It begins! :sigh:

What did we used to call that vapid adoring gaze here at FJ?

I'm not trying to be contrarian, but she is probably exhausted. Big wedding day followed by a long trip. 

But there is something off about her here like she's not sure how to be natural. I suppose that comes with the territory of being a fundie daughter with shitty parents thrust into sex and marriage mere moments after you were not allowed to be ever alone since birth .

I don't know, I hope she gets to see a kangaroo. One good thing for Jinger. 

33 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

If I ever get married I am thinking of just doing cookies or something simple. Who doesn't like cookies?

I love cookies! I'd take cookies over a fancy cake any day. In fact, cookie tables at weddings are a big thing in the area where I lived as a child.

Ok so we know the Duggars are absolutely insane about keeping with gender roles. I'm wondering what they think of Jeremy being so interested in fashion. Of course I think there's nothing wrong with it and think he looks nice when he dresses up. But I wonder if they think it's weird or not keeping with the gender stereotypes they love to push.

Tere are plenty of nice restaurants around circular so I'd expect they'd be going to one of them. Or even on a harbour dinner cruise. Plenty of people dress up for dates and special occasions. 

As for holding a kangaroo, Jinger might be in for a shock when she sees them. Definitely not small enough to hold!

ive always found Australian food is a bit different to most places when I travel. I mean of course we have similar dishes, but there is a nice mix of a lot of different cultures that make it great. It's kind of hard to explain because I can't really argue for something like America has Chinese food and so does Australia so therefore it's the same, but it's not. Dishes are adapted for local tastes and so you do find differences, but in a good way! I for one, hope they try our pies. None of this sweet pie nonsense, meat pie all the way.

As for New Zealand, food again is delicious. Again a mix of cultures and tastes that makes it just that little bit different. If they don't have a hangi, some hokey pokey ice cream and some L&P I'll be bitterly disappointed. And if they won't have it, I will happily accept their servings as tribute. Oddly enough it's probably all the food I have a hard time getting here that I miss most about New Zealand.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived