IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

@ophelia,  thank you for expressing so well the reasons that some women are drawn to homebirth.  I never had a homebirth as I risked out, but completely understand why some birthing women do.  I did birthday youngest in a LDRP room, watched Leave It to Beaver reruns and walked during labor, and my third daughter witnessed the birth.  She then went and told her kindergarten class that she saw her mommy have a baby.  It was as home-like as was possible for me.

I would not begin to call any woman who properly prepares for homebirth lazy.  It takes a LOT of work to get your home ready.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@ophelia,  thank you for expressing so well the reasons that some women are drawn to homebirth.  I never had a homebirth as I risked out, but completely understand why some birthing women do.  I did birthday youngest in a LDRP room, watched Leave It to Beaver reruns and walked during labor, and my third daughter witnessed the birth.  She then went and told her kindergarten class that she saw her mommy have a baby.  It was as home-like as was possible for me.

I would not begin to call any woman who properly prepares for homebirth lazy.  It takes a LOT of work to get your home ready.

I love your experience... because it was filmed with warmth 

my mom had an experience where the hospital refused to give her more blankets so she always told me she was freezing 

This is simply because I'm sick of the attention these people are getting over a stocking:

Same stocking as last year. Likely hung up because their last name starts with an "S" and this kid will also be Baby Seewald until they bestow it with an actual name. Also because the word "spawn" begins with "S" too. I predict they will reuse it for each pregnancy that occurs during Christmas.

You're welcome FJ.

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

This is simply because I'm sick of the attention these people are getting over a stocking:

Same stocking as last year. Likely hung up because their last name starts with an "S" and this kid will also be Baby Seewald until they bestow it with an actual name. Also because the word "spawn" begins with "S" too. I predict they will reuse it for each pregnancy that occurs during Christmas.

You're welcome FJ.

I'm envious of those books they have on their coffee table. They're so pretty!

And, yes, I'm sure I wouldn't actually want to *read* them, because I'm an atheist and not a YEC like Henry Morris, but I do love pretty books like that.

12 minutes ago, alba said:

I'm envious of those books they have on their coffee table. They're so pretty!

And, yes, I'm sure I wouldn't actually want to *read* them, because I'm an atheist and not a YEC like Henry Morris, but I do love pretty books like that.

I'm envious of the fact that neither of these two numb nuts works and yet they have their own decorated home and one and a half kids, in their early twenties.

This life is so different from anything I experience in an expensive city where people work their asses off in college and then work and save money constantly until they're thirty to afford to have one kid and a townhouse. 

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I'm envious of the fact that neither of these two numb nuts works and yet they have their own decorated home and one and a half kids, in their early twenties.

This life is so different from anything I experience in an expensive city where people work their asses off in college and then work and save money constantly until they're thirty to afford to have one kid and a townhouse. 

its called being on tv and having daddy pay for everything. 

Pa Duggar probably gives them an allowance and then Jessa spends endless money at thrift shops which she LOVES to tell /minister to us. 

if she does get a 1 mill a year from her instagram - i hope she has her own account 

33 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

That too! :pb_lol: We're both university-educated software developers and we're living in a 650 sq ft apartment with a bathroom so small I swear I stub my toes on the side of the bath at least once a week.

58 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Agreed! Early 20s were going to class and eating ramen noodles. Not that there is anything wrong with that existence. I quite liked it. In fact, I would recommend it to all! 

Eh, I'm not really envious of Jessa or Ben being given everything. My husband and I married when we were 20 and both lived at home before that. I spent the year before our wedding slowly collecting furniture to spread out the cost (and what I did buy was second hand). Most of our kitchen stuff were wedding gifts but we furnished everything else. Our first apartment was a shithole but it was ours and we could afford it. We haven't had anything paid for by our parents or borrowed any money from them. I look around now at our starter house with our still second hand furniture and I am proud of what we have built together. It's mine and his and nobody else's. 

18 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Eh, I'm not really envious of Jessa or Ben being given everything. My husband and I married when we were 20 and both lived at home before that. I spent the year before our wedding slowly collecting furniture to spread out the cost (and what I did buy was second hand). Most of our kitchen stuff were wedding gifts but we furnished everything else. Our first apartment was a shithole but it was ours and we could afford it. We haven't had anything paid for by our parents or borrowed any money from them. I look around now at our starter house with our still second hand furniture and I am proud of what we have built together. It's mine and his and nobody else's. 

True. And I bet if you fell into some hard times you could weather them much easier. 

Whereas it will be interesting to see where Ben and Jessa are in twenty years when the show and the show's money are gone. I am really curious about this with all of their adult kids. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Not sure about the stockings. Don't even care.

Here's our tree:

nice house :) )  I have a tiny tree because I go to Maui with the folks soon - they have little trees at their house and my mom brings a tiny fake tree with us there 

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Why do they have stockings? I'm sure Santa doesn't figure in their Christmas celebrations.

Because like with all things Duggar, it's more about how things look than how they really are. 

34 minutes ago, nst said:

nice house )  I have a tiny tree because I go to Maui with the folks soon - they have little trees at their house and my mom brings a tiny fake tree with us there 

Man, that sounds pretty awesome, @nst. Some years I would love to just take off for Christmas and forget the whole thing. This is one of those years. On the plus side, this shitty 2016 is almost over.  Our very own Annus Horribilis.

@SassyPants, your tree looks really pretty. We wait until around the middle of December to put ours up. And we still use the 'decorations' our kids made in school, which, of course, look worse with each passing year. It's fun though. And, somehow the tree always ends up looking nice. (I'm riddled with guilt when I can't remember which kid made which decoration, though.  Naturally.)

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

Man, that sounds pretty awesome, @nst. Some years I would love to just take off for Christmas and forget the whole thing. This is one of those years. On the plus side, this shitty 2016 is almost over.  Our very own Annus Horribilis.

@SassyPants, your tree looks really pretty. We wait until around the middle of December to put ours up. And we still use the 'decorations' our kids made in school, which, of course, look worse with each passing year. It's fun though. And, somehow the tree always ends up looking nice. (I'm riddled with guilt when I can't remember which kid made which decoration, though.  Naturally.)

first - trust me the best thing is going away for xmas... especially when you have had a crappy year. ..plus my parents are the types with regards to xmas which it makes them sad so going away is a necessity imo 

as for the the decorations your kids made in school that is the sweetest thing in the world and I wish my mom kept mine....

never be riddled with guilt - at least you kept them !!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, nst said:

nice house :) )  I have a tiny tree because I go to Maui with the folks soon - they have little trees at their house and my mom brings a tiny fake tree with us there 

Thanks. We are leaving for So America on the 26th...

Just now, nst said:

have a wonderful trip :) i am back on the  26 lol

Enjoy HI- It is my favorite place in the world.

Just now, SassyPants said:

Enjoy HI- It is my favorite place in the world.

mine too ;)

jessa posted a video of Soud 2 kicking her claiming Ben can't understand the concept of the baby kicking 

46 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Since my kids are no longer at home, I have passed along their ornaments to them. My daughter who lives in So America has had her tree up since Halloween.   No Thanksgiving, so up goes the tree. Also no real trees where she lives. I like the real tree.

1 minute ago, nst said:

mine too ;)

jessa posted a video of Soud 2 kicking her claiming Ben can't understand the concept of the baby kicking 

Well Ben's not very bright...:P 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived