IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, Sir Puddington said:

Are they still doing the Old Testament thing a la Jubilee Shalom? Because if so then Tzipporah would be a good choice to match Spurgeon. Tzippy and Spurge, both sound kinda weird and unfitting for little kids but ooze godliness. Or they could go with Ruth or Leah or Moses. Just saying.

Tzipporah is my Hebrew name! NOOOOOoooooo! Please no !

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Sir Puddington said:

Spurgeon is an ugly sounding name for sure but it's not bad enough to be an argument toward having a name registry or restrictive naming laws. The state should only step in and help minors to legally change their names in extreme cases where it causes them massive problems. Some examples I agree with: Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii, Adolph Hitler and his sister Victory Pearl Harbor, BRFXXCCXXMNPCCCCLLLMMNPRXVCLMNCKSSQLBB11116 (pronounced Albin), Osama Bin Laden (born post-911), Monkey, and Sex Fruit were all deemed inappropriate and changed. As they should be :martian-disgust:

Plus, as far as famous radical fundies go, Charles Spurgeon seems to have been a decent human being. If they named their kid Falwell Robertson F*ck Catholics Seewald... well then :censored:

Are they still doing the Old Testament thing a la Jubilee Shalom? Because if so then Tzipporah would be a good choice to match Spurgeon. Tzippy and Spurge, both sound kinda weird and unfitting for little kids but ooze godliness. Or they could go with Ruth or Leah or Moses. Just saying.

Nah, Old Testament is Jill and Derick's theme. Jessa and Ben seem to be naming their kids after people who interpreted the bible exactly as they interpret it.

I know this is discussion is from a few days ago, but I wonder if Jessa and Jill's focus on having a home birth has more to do with most doctors and hospitals not allowing filming of births (liability reasons). 

3 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Nah, Old Testament is Jill and Derick's theme. Jessa and Ben seem to be naming their kids after people who interpreted the bible exactly as they interpret it.

Is Israel a name in the old testament - ? I thought he was named for the country that Jill loves.

1 minute ago, sparklymagie said:

I know this is discussion is from a few days ago, but I wonder if Jessa and Jill's focus on having a home birth has more to do with most doctors and hospitals not allowing filming of births (liability reasons). 

This and I always had a feeling that they wanted to show off how sturdy they are when it comes to childbirth.

Just now, nst said:

Is Israel a name in the old testament - ? I thought he was named for the country that Jill loves.

Yup, it's a big one. God renames Jacob "Israel" and makes him the patriarch of the Israelites: 

Genesis 35:10 Then God appeared to Jacob again when he came from Paddan-aram, and He blessed him. God said to him, "Your name is Jacob; You shall no longer be called Jacob, But Israel shall be your name." Thus He called him Israel. God also said to him, "I am God Almighty; Be fruitful and multiply; A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, And kings shall come forth from you"

It's an important verse for the Duggars as you can see lol

8 hours ago, Sir Puddington said:

Are they still doing the Old Testament thing a la Jubilee Shalom? Because if so then Tzipporah would be a good choice to match Spurgeon. Tzippy and Spurge, both sound kinda weird and unfitting for little kids but ooze godliness.

I know you didn't intend it this way - but please be careful with decrying absolutely standard Hebrew names as somehow 'kinda weird.' Tzipporah is an incredibly common name in Jewish communities, whether used as a ritual name or as a plain old everyday name, and little girls named Tzippie are exactly like every little Lizzie or Suzie out there. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

This and I always had a feeling that they wanted to show off how sturdy they are when it comes to childbirth.

In other words: Come to our cult, we have cookies, and all of your 20 births will be easy, your children will be arrows for Jesus. 

It's also how godly they are, I believe. They trust that god will get them through anything. 

? Homebirth

Answer) Lack of insurance, extreme cheapness and a level of laziness that affects common sense and reasoning. 

Has it ever been determined if Jessa even had prenatal care with either of her pregnancies? Was Spurgeon's birth attended by a professional?

7 hours ago, CuttySark said:

I know you didn't intend it this way - but please be careful with decrying absolutely standard Hebrew names as somehow 'kinda weird.' Tzipporah is an incredibly common name in Jewish communities, whether used as a ritual name or as a plain old everyday name, and little girls named Tzippie are exactly like every little Lizzie or Suzie out there. 

You've hit the nail on the head here. I know a few Tziporahs - they spell it with one P for the most part here.

We may find some names strange, but they are common in other countries. If we were to go somewhere they may think our names are weird.

We are all different and that is OK - see this JB and Mullet - it is OK to be different!!!

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Has it ever been determined if Jessa even had prenatal care with either of her pregnancies? Was Spurgeon's birth attended by a professional?

I don't believe it was but I am really not sure about that. 

Just now, CorruptionInc. said:

We may find some names strange, but they are common in other countries. If we were to go somewhere they may think our names are weird.

I'm pretty sure my name is common nowhere, which is alright I guess. As long as I don't want something with my name on it. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

There was definitely someone running the show who wasn't a family member and didn't want to be on camera or be named. Was she a professional? We'll never know.

29 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

There was definitely someone running the show who wasn't a family member and didn't want to be on camera or be named. Was she a professional? We'll never know.

she caught the baby with the blood that fell on the floor

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can totally see them calling a boy Martin Luther since 2017 is the 500th anniversary of the Reformation!

Spurge and Luth. 

It sounds  like some Tarantino characters. It rocks. 

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Spurge and Luth. 

It sounds  like some Tarantino characters. It rocks. 

^ lol . . .

Doing a quick Google search on the first Spurgeon, shows a few suggestions of who else to look up (I have no idea if all these people compliment each other on the same ideals, or are used to compare how different they are - so take these with a grain of salt, in regards if they'd be picked for Number Two):

Moody, Wesley, Whitefield, and Calvin.

Something tells me they'll try to outdo Spurgeon . . .

46 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

^ lol . . .

Doing a quick Google search on the first Spurgeon, shows a few suggestions of who else to look up (I have no idea if all these people compliment each other on the same ideals, or are used to compare how different they are - so take these with a grain of salt, in regards if they'd be picked for Number Two):

Moody, Wesley, Whitefield, and Calvin.

Something tells me they'll try to outdo Spurgeon . . .

those names don't outdo Spurgeon 

Just now, nst said:

No; but if there is one and I am sure that there are...they'll find it. Or they will call a boy Tom and a girl Joan. That's the type of thing tey would do to screw with us. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

No; but if there is one and I am sure that there are...they'll find it. Or they will call a boy Tom and a girl Joan. That's the type of thing tey would do to screw with us. 

I see a Penelope somewhere in there with a Joan of Ark thrown in 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I feel like in America's current political climate......Whitefield would 

She just posted a pic on Instagram of the stockings and the new baby's appears to have a name on it... I can't see squat so don't ask me what it says, but it looks like it starts with an S...

It starts with a tzadi in Hebrew - צ - a letter that doesn't have an exact English equivalent. Think of the sound you make with the ts when you say "tsk" (as in tisk-tisk), but in reverse. Or say 'zip,' but add a faint t-sound before the z. 

tsih-POR-ah. 

In the Torah, Tzipporah was Moses's wife, daughter of Jethro. 

3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

She just posted a pic on Instagram of the stockings and the new baby's appears to have a name on it... I can't see squat so don't ask me what it says, but it looks like it starts with an S...

the s at the end I am thinking stands for Seewald because we have no clue the last name of this child. 

jmo

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived