IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

I'm guessing that autocorrect is not Schmoopy's friend. Maybe the vibe the fox was messing with was meant to be a vine as per Song of Solomon.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Where's that new member with the humongous grudge against Lisa? @Salty1? I need him/her and Schmoopy to fight to the death.

OK, but she voluntarily married a guy who has been very public with his belief that women are not equal to men, that men should "have their wives" cover their hair in public, etc. What is she doing with a dude who tells her that her "beautiful, accomplished" self is naturally inferior to some defrocked schmuck who drives under the influence with kids in the car? Even if her ~*~perfect true love~*~ can heal his alcoholism and Ashley Madison-using ways, this guy's issues run deep.

Ok.  I have seen NO pics with Lisa wearing hair coverings, hats yes, but not one hair covering.  Spanky, to me anyway, looks a lot more hipster and less like an old fogie.  Most pics I have seen on their FB no longer show the fatigued look on the mans face. It doesn't appear he is oppressing her. Can any of you honestly say Spanky doesn't look different than he used too? Just curious. The woman makes all the difference when a man can feel free to be himself. Can any of you men attest to that?  Soul mates are rare and few find them. 

12 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

The woman makes all the difference when a man can feel free to be himself. 

There has never been a time when RC Sproul Jr. didn't "feel free to be himself." Never. How do you think he got to this point? His family nickname was "Precious," FFS. 

16 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Can any of you men attest to that? 

As far as I know most if not all the posters in this thread are women.

ETA thank you for the grammatical corrections @Palimpsest, ESL me was having comprehension issues.

13 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

There has never been a time when RC Sproul Jr. didn't "feel free to be himself." Never. How do you think he got to this point? His family nickname was "Precious," FFS. 

Truly, a childhood name given by parents wasn't earned in adult life. Favor is how he's gotten to this point.  Whether God or mans, it just "is." 

Unlike some of his contemporaries, perhaps he will recover.

Thanks for the info on what gender majorly contributes. I understand more clearly why women may be more snarky against Mrs. Spanky.

13 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

I understand more clearly why women may be more snarky against Mrs. Spanky

Holy gender stereotyping!

5 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

thank you for the grammatical corrections @Palimpsest, ESL me was having comprehension issues.

I'm just guessing myself at what Schmoopy means.  To whit:

2 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Favor is how he's gotten to this point.  Whether God or mans, it just "is." 

That makes no sense.  God's (or man's) favor made Spanky into a spoiled brat and an alcoholic who thought it was fine to drive drunk with minors in the car?   Or God's (or man's) favor made him marry the sainted Lisa so all his problems have been "healed?"

Sorry.  The only person who can control Spanky's alcoholism is - Spanky.  I wish him good fortune in doing that - and he does look healthier today.  I suspect the DUI charges had more to do with him sobering up than Lisa though.

I wish Lisa good fortune too, especially because those minor children have been through a lot and need some stability, but I sincerely doubt she's a saint.

36 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

The woman makes all the difference when a man can feel free to be himself. Can any of you men attest to that?  Soul mates are rare and few find them. 

So Spanky is now free to be himself.  :laughing-rollingred:And Lisa is the soul mate of that poor oppressed man who was never free to be himself before.  

Who is Schmoopy - Barbara Cartland reincarnated?  Or perhaps they author Christian Harlequin romances.

1 minute ago, Schmoopy said:

Not stereotyping, just statics.

I love Fundie statistics.     :popcorn2:

One thing you can be sure of is I'm a fan of happy endings.  I hope it's only up hill for the blissful couple. No more drama.

I hope those little boys get an "adult" mother who can make a difference in their lives. They've definitely had a mess prior to this.

6 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Llol. You do not tend to hear men bashing women.  Not stereotyping, just statics.

Haha--men, at least fundie men, don't consider women worthy of much reference at all.  Tell me, Schmoops, are you on the Sproul payroll or what?

3 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

I hope those little boys get an "adult" mother who can make a difference in their lives. They've definitely had a mess prior to this.

Are you trashing the reputation of the first Mrs. Robert Craig Sproul?

Not at all. I'm referring to children who raised children. Now, they have an adult who can mother/lead them. It shouldn't be upon the shoulders of children. Wouldn't you agree?

4 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Not at all. I'm referring to children who raised children. Now, they have an adult. 

Whose children? Spanky's oldest kids -- Darby, Delaney & RC3 -- or Lisa's kids?

[Thinking here that Schmoopy's garbled prose can not be blamed entirely on autocorrect. :my_dodgy: ]

Why would his older children need a mother? The context I'm referring to are especially the two little boys that were in the car

Lisa's kids already have their mother.

3 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Not at all. I'm referring to children who raised children. Now, they have an adult who can mother/lead them. It shouldn't be upon the shoulders of children. Do you agree?

At least it's clear that Precious isn't an adult that can educate them.

Denise died in 2011 leaving Spanky to "lead" and parent the minor children.  It is on him if his older daughters were forced to parent their siblings.

1 minute ago, Schmoopy said:

Lisa's kids already have their mother.

But where are their fathers?  

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

[Thinking here that Schmoopy's garbled prose can not be blamed entirely on autocorrect. :my_dodgy: ]

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Denise died in 2011 leaving Spanky to "lead" and parent the minor children.  It is on him if his older daughters were forced to parent their siblings.

But where are their fathers?  

Agreed.

Cannot is one word, not two.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I totally agree with this.

To what extent Spanky has actually parented any of his kids, before or after Denise's death, is questionable. 

7 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

Cannot is one word, not two.

Not sure why you quoted me, but both cannot and can not are perfectly acceptable.    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/cannot-or-can-not

18 minutes ago, Schmoopy said:

The context I'm referring to are especially the two little boys that were in the car

However, the context to which you are referring is especially Spanky driving drunk with the two little boys in the car.

And I was never very good at grammar.

Yes, the context is correct.  And I appreciate the honesty about grammar.  I tend to edit after I post. I suppose my trigger finger is not a better attribute of mine.

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I'm guessing that autocorrect is not Schmoopy's friend. Maybe the vibe the fox was messing with was meant to be a vine as per Song of Solomon.

Yeah.  In my evangelical childhood we didn't spend much time on the Song of Solomon.  Far too many naughty bits. 

I got stuck on that other holy scripture of my youth:  When We Were Very Young by A. A. Milne (of Pooh fame).  I still have a poetry earworm.

"The Three Foxes

Once upon a time there were three little foxes
Who didn’t wear stockings, and they didn’t wear sockses,
But they all had handkerchiefs to blow their noses,
And they kept their handkerchiefs in cardboard boxes.

And they lived in forest in three little houses,
And they didn’t wear coats, and they didn’t wear trousies.
They ran through the woods on their little bare tootsies,
And they played “Touch Last” with a family of mouses."

That is all I remember, but I don't think the three little foxes had either vibes or vineyards.  :)

3 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

Can any of you honestly say Spanky doesn't look different than he used too? Just curious. The woman makes all the difference when a man can feel free to be himself. Can any of you men attest to that?  Soul mates are rare and few find them. 

Frankly? Jr. looks the same to me. In the past there were a lot of photos of Jr. smiling for the camera with his hipstery craft brews, and a lot of warm and tender sermons about his love for his family. And simultaneously he was writing books about how divorce is SATAN and women putting off having kids is BLASPHEMY and anyone who doesn't have a beard and six kids is a SODOMITE. So a couple of #blessed selfies aren't doing much to convince me that he's "changed."

3 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

Truly, a childhood name given by parents wasn't earned in adult life. Favor is how he's gotten to this point.  Whether God or mans, it just "is." 

What DWT was insinuating was that, far from feeling unable to express his "true self", Jr. has been consistently coddled and indulged his whole life by people kowtowing to his famous family name. These people agreed with everything he said (no matter how wrongheaded) and praised him for everything he did (no matter how dangerous.) He has very much been treated like a "Precious" by the people around him.

2 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

Llol. You do not tend to hear men bashing women

Sure you do! In fact, there's this dude named RC Sproul Jr. who used to write about how it's OK if women aren't taught to read because chores and childcare are all they're really good for! Heck, the early working title for "Biblical patriarchy" was "men bashing women, Bible-style."

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived