IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

20 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

They are not visible in any of the public photos.

Which former husband? Spanky is reportedly her 4th.

The most recent one she divorced.  

"A former eastern Indiana doctor has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit forgery in a nearly 3-year-old case in which authorities alleged forged prescriptions were used to acquire narcotic painkillers and other drugs.

______, who entered the plea Friday in Fayette Circuit Court, was among four former employees of Connersville-based Fayette Regional Health System arrested in 2013 as part of a drug investigation by federal, state and local authorities." (from a June, 2016 newspaper. Divorce was final in March, 2015.)

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, jojo said:

The most recent one she divorced.  

So you're saying that the individual in that news report is the same as the guy named here? Who is not, obviously, the guy in the profile pic!

Welcome to Young Living and the online home of DAVID RINGEL and LISA RINGEL. We pride ourselves on providing personalized service and quality natural products to protect your family, health and home. Thank you for visiting.

17 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

So you're saying that the individual in that news report is the same as this guy?

Yes. Saw older photos of them together, saw his mug shot, he just remarried and saw photos of him and his new wife. The faces all match. Not even sure what I care....just the children involved must be so confused. Why do people do this to the innocent and others?  And then profess their spirituality.

2 hours ago, jojo said:

Why do people do this to the innocent and others?  And then profess their spirituality.

Because they are all hypocrites and whited sepulchers, whether it's Doug Phillips cavorting in Europe, or Spanky committing DUIs.

Hypocrite is right.  This is close to home for me. I watched my sister go through similar experiences. Married young only to be rejected by a husband who was a closet alcoholic and adulterer, married again to a pastor who was an adulterer.  We watched her stay single for almost a decade, as she went back to school with kids in tow, worked multiple jobs, finished her degree, landed a successful job and banked her career.

We all hoped she would find true love, even though she was dead set against it. Almost a decade passed before she tried again. She too, like Mrs. Spanky, was beautiful and had great moral character- regardless of the crappy marriages that impacted her life. When she finally chose to remarry, it was to a successful professional. Her children loved him and they had children together. After almost twenty years of marriage, she finds out he is embezzling and sleeping with women he was spending the money on. She filed divorce and got everything, because he was a complete asshole who abandoned his family. This is actually more common than what is probably realized.

When RC-Lisa's FB is open to a public audience, I have seen her family pictures with this David Ringel and their younger children.  What a jerk! He deserves to lose everything, including the respect of the community and their family.  I feel for what she's had to go through. 

I know Spanky didn't do well with his past, for sure. But he looks loved and she looks exquisite.  If there is any truth in women having fairytale endings, I hope it's her. She deserves one after persevering with broken marriages. Church is supposed to be full of broken people trying to get whole! Go Lisa!!! I hope your Spanky turns out to be a better man than he seems to be.

Ok. Off my soapbox, with an arrow in my heart. 

Well, like Lisa's former husband Spanky is certainly good at abusing his "hypocritical" oaths too.  (Oh, shucks, that glorious typo just got edited out by @Shmoopie.)

Eh, I hope Spanky does give up the alcohol and turn his life around for the sake of the children.  I'm just not very hopeful.  I also think Lisa's judgement and taste in men stinks.

I once read some young adult book wherein the teenage main character received notes from a secret admirer.  The character's best friend turned out to be the writer of the "I have a secret crush on you!" notes, and although she'd meant to perk up her friend, the letter-writer clearly had her own weird issues and the whole mess caused the protagonist considerably more distress than if there had never been a secret admirer to begin with.

Spanky's new wife seems to be so incredibly pedestrian in so many ways.  She's married one too many absolutely grade-A creeps for me to buy that she has both "great moral character" as well as more than a few brain cells to rub together.  Something's got to give.

I hope @Schmoopy isn't some random friend or family member trying to rah-rah Mrs. Spanky or others who read here.  Eeyuchhhkk.

That's actually not the first person to come here with unreasonably strong and specific opinions about the lady who married Spanky, He Who Signs Up For Cheat-On-Your-Wife Services While Still Single.

Church is supposed to be full of broken people trying to get whole!

For everything else, whoever you are...on this we agree. A church is full of liars and sinners and anyone who says otherwise is both.

@Schmoopy I'm sorry that you've had to watch your sister go through pain like that, but you have to realize at some point she's not making good decisions. Maybe there is something that impairs her judgement of other people, men in particular. I know plenty of beautiful smart successful women with the worst judgment when it comes to men. My mom is one of them. And I have a dear guy friend who has had the same problem, 3 wives who all cheated on him. Hmm. 

Marrying an alcoholic who had recently confessed to paying to have an adulterous affair (when he was single?! WTH!!) Just does not show good decision making. No matter how exquisite you look. 

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Crikets re: the wedding on the Spanky's joint fb page. 

It doesn't appear that rc and Lisa are friends with either the bride or groom on FB. 

I have a personal bet on how long it will take Lisa's Biggest Fan to comment on things we post here, but I'm in awe of how they exceed expectations this time.

...like Mrs. Spanky, was beautiful and had great moral character

But he looks loved and she looks exquisite

I'd thought it was Lisa herself at first, but these kind of comments are so OTT, I have no idea what we're dealing with here.  I'm actually wondering if it's a clever Poe?

:popcorn:

Really.  I know nothing about Lisa but giving her the benefit of every doubt:

• Marriage with Husband # 1 ends in divorce = perhaps we were young and foolish.  Sorry kids.
  • Marriage with Husband # 2 ends in divorce = perhaps I'm making mistakes.  Very sorry kids.
  • Marriage with Husband # 3 ends in divorce with criminal charges for hubs should = yikes, I must have really sucky judgement.  Very, very sorry kids.

And then she leaps into marriage with Spanky whose chequered career as a "pastor", Ashley Madison slip, and dependence on alcohol is already well documented - within mere months of divorce # 3!

Lisa has terrible judgement and apparently can't function without a man.  If Spanky is in fact a man and not a drunken preacher-type boy, dependent on Daddy, and with an unhealthy love of kilts.

I know someone whose love life is a series of addictions, infidelities, and general overall dysfunction. This person can't stand to be alone, so when one relationship is about to end, they desperately start looking for their next partner.

You don't end up in a long series of unhealthy relationships by sheer accident, but this person refuses to do the work required to improve their situation, so the trainwrecks just keep on happening. :pb_sad:

I think the views stated here are fairly common, if a mate fails it's the other mates fault or they should have seen the flags. I agree it's tempting to throw sins of others onto a strong person, while weak people escape. 

Christy Brinkley was abused by Billy Joel, both were successful and famous people- to name at least one couple. By the worlds standards he was successful, and she was a supermodel who did not need his income or fame. Some of the most daunting news we hear is some mainstream leaders who have affairs on their wives, or have some addiction that precedes their giant fall.  Adjudicating, without most of the facts,  does not help the one violating their mates or congregations, to own their sin.

So many Fundies fall because, like the world, fame magnifies grievous sins never dealt. They rise and fall, because that's how the enemy exploits them. They fail to deal with the little foxes that spoil the vibe.

When I first saw this come up on FJ it was last year and I have been following since. It  arose my curiosity to see Spanky with such a young looking woman- then saw she was 50yo.  She is beautiful and accomplished.  My feel is she needed no man.  She has a big home, a career, and five children and grandchildren.  Still standing in her community and probably trying to recover all her ex did there. I'm sure he's his popularity is now his crime.

That's a devastating ending to almost a twenty year marriage. Her children are on their page and are successful as well. 

Maybe Spanky needed her- if not, it sure worked to his advantage for his probation. 

A strong woman preserveres. Jealousy follows that kind of woman everywhere she goes. Spanky, looks like she's definitely helped him heal from whatever was gripping his life.  

I am just saying, in my line of work, regardless of the adjudicating, this really is a fairytale in the wait of a story.

Regardless of Fundies, God elevates those who persevere and redeems their ashes and gives beauty.  

Happily ever after is what I hope for her, for my sister, for any others out there who have the odds stacked against them, and by faith they keep fighting the good fight.

1 hour ago, Schmoopy said:

I'm sure he's his popularity is now his crime.

Huh???

Jealousy follows that kind of woman everywhere she goes.

Oh, for crying out loud. With all due respect, this isn't Angelina Jolie we're talking about. 

...this really is a fairytale in the wait of a story.

No, it's actually the rather banal tale of an underachieving, immature alcoholic in search of a woman who is willing to do an enormous amount of his emotional labor in exchange for the shred of respectability his family name can confer on her. And it's been written a million times. 

I really don't understand half of what @Schmoopy writes.  It's like wading through a romance novel written in gobbledygook.  It's clear that Schmoopy has a big crush on Lisa, but statements about "little foxes that spoil the vibe" are confusing to me.

I am just saying, in my line of work, regardless of the adjudicating, this really is a fairytale in the wait of a story.

Say what?  What line of work is that?  Romance writer?

Actually I think you are trying to make a fairytale about a rather sordid story.

To correct your analogy:  Billy Joel wasn't abusive towards Christy Brinkley.  They remain friends and successfully co-parented.  Brinkley did claim that her 4th husband Peter Cook was an abusive narcissist. She won custody of the children in a rather brutal divorce from him.   http://nypost.com/2008/07/11/christie-crushes-cheater-re-peter/

After both Cook and Brinkley took turns on the stand, a court-appointed psychiatrist testified that Cook is a narcissist with a bottomless ego and said the model, who has appeared on more than 500 magazine covers, needs to examine her taste in men.

Yes.  And so should Lisa.  My opinion only.

The Google Fu is strong with this insect this morning.  I’ve occasionally wondered about “the Little foxes” reference, partly because of the play of that name.

GF led me to This Bible explanation site

And from it, the following:

Question: "What is the meaning of the foxes in Song of Solomon 2:15?"

Answer: In Song of Solomon 2:15 the Shulammite says, “Catch for us the foxes, / the little foxes / that ruin the vineyards, / our vineyards that are in bloom.” It might seem strange that, as the bride-to-be extols her betrothed’s lovely face and sweet voice (verse 14), she would speak of a fox hunt. As with many images in this beautiful poem, the foxes are symbolic.

Solomon’s readers considered foxes to be destructive animals that could destroy valuable vineyards (cf. Judges 15:4; Psalm 63:10; Ezekiel 13:4). As the Shulammiteverbalizes her love for King Solomon, she speaks of the need to “catch” the foxes that spoil the vines. If the blossoming vineyard is taken to mean the growing romance between the couple, then the foxes represent potential problems that could damage their relationship prior to the marriage (which takes place in chapter 5). The bride-to-be is saying, in essence, “Let’s take preventative measures to protect our love from anything that could harm it.”

So there’s that.

But that would be little foxes spoiling the vineyard. Trying again:

2 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

So many Fundies fall because, like the world, fame magnifies grievous sins never dealt. They rise and fall, because that's how the enemy exploits them. They fail to deal with the little foxes that spoil the vibe.

Fundies fall because fame magnifies sins that are never dealt with?  I wouldn't have said either Spanky or Lisa is famous.  Spanky is more of a medium fish in a small Fundie pond.   I assume "the enemy"  is Satan exploiting the sin (or the Fundie)?  And the "vibe" bit still bothers me.

@Schmoopy, is English your second language?

In regards to Joel and Brinkley, there was abuse. It was public and effecting both careers. Attorneys have a way of keeping those issues quieted with potential slander charges for either party involved. 

Secondly, perhaps scriptural references are parables to ears of those who lack a foundation in scripture. To those, I can understand why you might wonder if English is a second language. Context may clear lack of understanding. 

I suppose I took the assumption by many of the contributing snarks, that many have a church background.

Where's that new member with the humongous grudge against Lisa? @Salty1? I need him/her and Schmoopy to fight to the death.

4 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

She is beautiful and accomplished.  My feel is she needed no man.  She has a big home, a career, and five children and grandchildren.

OK, but she voluntarily married a guy who has been very public with his belief that women are not equal to men, that men should "have their wives" cover their hair in public, etc. What is she doing with a dude who tells her that her "beautiful, accomplished" self is naturally inferior to some defrocked schmuck who drives under the influence with kids in the car? Even if her ~*~perfect true love~*~ can heal his alcoholism and Ashley Madison-using ways, this guy's issues run deep.

4 hours ago, Schmoopy said:

Spanky, looks like she's definitely helped him heal from whatever was gripping his life.  

Spanky is an alcoholic. He's not healed. No alcoholic is ever "healed" -- it's the nature of this terrible illness. If Spanky is doing the hard, continuous work to stay off alcohol, and if Lisa is helping him to do so, great. He's not "healed" or "cured" though. At best he's recovering. May he continue to recover for everyone's sake -- whether it's his own, Lisa's or anyone else on the road with him.

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

No, it's actually the rather banal tale of an underachieving, immature alcoholic in search of a woman who is willing to do an enormous amount of his emotional labor in exchange for the shred of respectability his family name can confer on her.

And perhaps also in exchange for some of that same family's money

Secondly, perhaps scriptural references are parables to ears of those who lack a foundation in scripture. To those, I can understand why you might wonder if English is a second language. Context may clear lack of understanding. I suppose I took the assumption by many of the contributing snarks, that many have a church background.

Please explain the scriptural relevance of the following two phrases and how a "church background" would in any way make them any less incoherent to me:

1. "I'm sure he's his popularity is now his crime."

2. "...this really is a fairytale in the wait of a story."

(And by the way, I do have a "church background.")

It is not really the Biblical gobbledygook but the odd grammar that makes @Schmoopy less than intelligible.  I can understand the KJV more easily than Schmoopy.

I'm not being the grammar police but just pointing out some of the mistakes. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. 

It was public and effecting both careers.

That should read:  It was public and affected both their careers.  Alternatively, it had an effect on both their careers.

Attorneys have a way of keeping those issues quieted with potential slander charges for either party involved. 

Another Fundie who doesn't understand the difference between slander and libel.  Also abuse allegations would have probably come out in the divorce.  There was a hell of a lot of mud slung about Joel being a cheating hound with a drink problem and major depressive disorder. 

Secondly, perhaps scriptural references are parables to the ears of those who lack a foundation in scripture.

I wish I lacked a foundation in scripture.  There are lots of parables in the bible but I don't remember vibes being mentioned.

To those, I can understand why you might wonder if English is a second language, for me. 

Scriptural gobbledygook is apparently your first language. 

Understanding the Context of my gobbledygook may clear your lack of understanding. 

But it would be so much easier if you just wrote clearly instead.  Just give us the relevant texts instead of making us try to guess your Biblical references.  

I suppose I took made the assumption because of by many of the contributing snarks, that many posters on FJ have a church background.

Yes, quite a few of us do.  You are still rather unintelligible.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived