IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

I keed, I keed.

This had me laughing SO HARD. I love Jeff Dunham!

I also burst out laughing when I read "Goooo Schmoopy?!" which was good timing because someone had called me to tell me something very boring that they thought was hilarious, so thanks for that push,@Maxwell!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... that went as well as could be expected.

Hanlon's Razor suggests "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity", but I think Schmoopster asked and demonstrated "¿por qué no los dos?"

On 6/28/2017 at 8:40 PM, Maxwell said:

I thought we weren't allowed to speculate on the true identity of posters on FJ?  Or is that only for non-flouncers?

The rules state: Knowingly posting private, identifying information about another FreeJinger.org member and linking it to their FJ identity, (including but not limited to last name, address, phone number, email, or the full names of family members) without the express permission of the FJ member whose information has been disclosed.

I would argue that we are speculating regarding Schmoopy's identity but we don't have any proof. But maybe a helpmeet would disagree.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:55 PM, CyborgKin said:

Hanlon's Razor suggests "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity", but I think Schmoopster asked and demonstrated "¿por qué no los dos?"

Heh! Took my limited translation skills a minute or two to catch up!  I am seriously considering that Schmoopy was drunk posting as time wore on.  Considering that at least some of RC2's true believers are heavy drinkers...I'm surprised s/he didn't lurch on over to Spinerella Sproul or Wartburg Watch and have a go at it there.  However, the Wartburg Watch post has 905 comments this morning  (with a bit of comment drift), so it could have gotten buried in the avalanche. 

Over at Cinderella Sproul, there is a commenter posting as "H.A." who has  shared some well written, informative posts. 

Then back to the Wartburg Watch, I was plowing though some of the more recent comments and found H.A. unloading on a fellow commenter, in quite a mean way. 

A subsequent comment about H.A.'s post: "Every now and then, a comment reveals FAR more about the one making it than the one on the target end."

Then this from Julie Anne (Spiritual Sounding Board): "Oh, btw, Peter [Kershaw], aka T.W. Eston, aka H.A., I actually owe you some gratitude. You played a small part in helping me make the decision to pursue a degree in Cyber Security. Thank you!  I’m nearing the end of the tunnel. Watch out!"

I guess Peter Kershaw smelled blood with RC2. 

Oh man, Peter Kershaw is nuts. I fell hard and far down the rabbit hole of Jen's Gems a few years ago, searching for details surrounding the Vision Forum collapse. I found JG before FJ, and spent weeks in the warren. Wish I'd known about rescue ferrets...

Jen is the wordiest person on the planet.  That woman simply CANNOT stop explaining.  

Is Peter Kershaw wily enough to hide his crazy when it suits his needs?  He was clear and to the point in his comments over at Spinderella Sproul, with nary a hint of whack.  One the other hand, why is he using H.A., which might reasonably be construed to stand for Homeschoolers Anonymous or ?????

I think he's quite able to sound rational, for a time. I read all of the Jen's saga over the course of a few weeks, so binge-read. At the beginning, T.W. seemed pretty well-reasoned and sane. (Caveat: I was about to kick my abusive husband out at that point, so was steeped in crazy myself.)

But as time went on, especially after people started asking if T.W. was really P.K., he unraveled. He became rude, mean, and vicious, going on and on in ad hominem attacks against other posters and against Julie Anne. 

16 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

He became rude, mean, and vicious, going on and on in ad hominem attacks against other posters and against Julie Anne

Awesome.  I wondered if Julie Anne was throwing a little passive-aggressive shade on H.A. (TW, Peter K) in her Wartburg Watch comment and I think she definitely was!  I like that she did it in a light-hearted way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, shoot!  I completely missed the final Schmoopy drama.  Well played everyone.  

@Howl, Julie Anne and her SSB posters convinced me that TW Eston and Peter Kershaw were one and the same.  If Julie Anne says so, then H.A. is also Peter Kershaw - she is good at what she does.

Peter Kershaw is vile.  The vilest of the vile, but he can sound vaguely rational on occasion.  He can even sound convincing because he used a lot of long words and sounds "intellectual" - until he loses it.  And he will.

I've also always wanted to believe that Frank Vance is yet another Peter Kershaw alias.  I don't want to believe that there are 2 such evil beings floating around.  

But I think Frank Vance must be a separate person.  May Rufus help us all.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Julie Anne and her SSB posters convinced me that TW Eston and Peter Kershaw were one and the same. ..I've also always wanted to believe that Frank Vance is yet another Peter Kershaw alias.  I don't want to believe that there are 2 such evil beings floating around.  

And I've always wondered if one-- or indeed all-- of these people is really Mark Epstein. 

So, yes, I was snooping on the fb RC-Lisa Sproul public facebook account.  Under the Work & Education tab, I'm seeing Ligonier Ministries.  Not sure how this works, but the joint account has been around for not so very long.  So is the erstwhile RC, Jr. back in Ligonier's good graces?  As in, drawing a paycheck?  

Simple (and likely) explanation: it could be an artifact left over from before RC's drunk driving arrest and never updated, so a Nothing Burger. 

Inquiring minds want to know.  I mean I reaaaaaallllly want to know.  Now that Junior's,  a new (and presumably sober) man, perhaps he's been "restored"?  

51 minutes ago, Howl said:

Now that Junior's,  a new (and presumably sober) man, perhaps he's been "restored"?  

Or put back on the Ligonier gravy train?

On 7/27/2017 at 8:08 PM, DomWackTroll said:

And I've always wondered if one-- or indeed all-- of these people is really Mark Epstein. 

Peter Kershaw doesn't look in the least like Mark Epstein (assuming I'm thinking of the right photos.)

17 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Or put back on the Ligonier gravy train?

5, 4, 3, 2, . . .

When will they ever learn?

Don't tell me that Spanky doesn't cringe at this atrocious spelling and grammar (click to see). Well, at least he can be there to oversee every single minute of the kids' homeschooling, since he has absolutely nothing else to do these days. 

All Mom's whether children are biological or by choice have a challenging role. Sometimes you get credit for your hard work and sometimes you may never see it's fruit this side of heaven. 
Be encouraged that whatever roll or season your in today, that God is refining you. Keep building your home Mama's.

I want to edit this so hard--mostly comma issues, but still. 

7 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

All Mom's whether children are biological or by choice have a challenging role. Sometimes you get credit for your hard work and sometimes you may never see it's fruit this side of heaven. 
Be encouraged that whatever roll or season your in today, that God is refining you. Keep building your home Mama's.

The apostrophe errors alone are impressive. Four errors in four sentences is an achievement.

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh my gosh, Spanky has Ruth wrapped up inside a roll! She's gonna suffocate in there! Quick, somebody intervene before he puts the roll in the oven! 

ETA: It gets worse! He's building Stepford robots -- isn't that what he means by "building your home mamas"!? Home Mama = robot, AMIRITE??!!11!

Growing up in Methodist and Presbyterian churches in central Texas, Protestants didn't drink;  they just didn't.  The whole RC jr. worship and imbibe thing is really odd to me.  He had a beer brewing set up and a kegerator in his basement, for gosh sake. I came across this Babylon Bee piece that nicely sums up the Calvinist/craft beer connection:  Local Calvinist Completes Three-Day Fast From Craft Beer.  Then I realized there is an entire Babylon Bee schtick around Calvinists and craft beer ( beards and plaid shirts strongly implied): 

click on this link for access to wonderful satire: 

• Study: Calvinists Comprised Of 72% Craft Beer
  • Calvinist Missionaries Provide Remote Village With Fresh, Clean Craft Beer Supply
  • Local Man’s Drinking Problem Still Successfully Disguised As Craft Beer Hobby
  • Reformed Man Under Church Discipline For Drinking Light Beer

Then there's this, which is kinda related: 

MINNEAPOLIS, MN—Food manufacturer General Mills announced Thursday that the company is targeting Calvinists with the rollout of its new Lucky Charms spinoff, “Sovereignty Charms.”

In addition to the standard Lucky Charms marshmallow shapes, the new cereal will feature new shapes like tulips, the Bible, beards, tobacco pipes, and craft beer bottles.

“These charms aren’t lucky—they’re chosen,” General Mills CEO Jeffrey Harmening...Lucky Charms’ longtime mascot Lucky the Leprechaun has also been replaced with a dour-looking Puritan named John.

At publishing time, General Mills had confirmed the cereal would be launched with a promotion, in which one point of Calvinism would be hidden inside each box. 

I grew up Presbyterian and we always drank. Now that I know more Reformers, I can say they're definitely into craft beer...but I wonder if that's just a fad of the times? Either way, I wonder if it's location, too. Some in the Bible Belt definitely do not drink but I find they're more Orthodox. I don't know...our denominations get very confusing...even to me!

IMG_1363.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0102.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_1365.JPG

Saw these floating around the internet and on their shared FB. 

Been investigating what's happening with this family. It's been pretty quiet, except activities I see posted now and then when post are open to public. 

Lisa's private practice is very extensive.  Has anyone seen her website?  

Seems he's not the only one with success in the family. Lisa is related by marriage to Andrew Farris, of the 80's band INXS,  who apparently is married to her cousin, a former Bengals cheerleader.  Her aunt, Jeanne Porter, is the founder of WIBN (Women in Business Networking) in Dayton, OH.

Has anyone read their bio- it reads she reigned as college beauty queen 1996.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Decided to hop back on :)

Man, I grew up Catholic. Catholics ain't got no problem with alcohol. It's interesting to see what different Christians think about drinking. It's just... Jesus and his disciples drank wine at the Last Supper, right? So I don't know why some Christians think you shouldn't drink. Mormons don't drink; this Mormon woman whose blog I used to follow said they did water and bread for Communion. I thought it was weird they did that and made such a big deal about no alcohol when Jesus drank wine.

As long as RC is stone cold sober, I'm good.  

On the RC-Lisa Sproul facebook account, he still lists himself as working for Ligonier.  Likely he  never updated after his most recent fall from grace (the DUI) to reflect that he was no longer affiliated with them had his ass kicked to the curb, but is there any way to find out if he did manage to get his foot back in the door at Ligonier and, indeed, is again on the payroll? 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived