IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

25 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I believe it is assumed during one of the later pregnancy announcements (Josie? Jubilee?), Josiah ran off or something like that and was pulled back into the view of the camera. I'll try to find it. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

It was when they announced J'chelle's pregnancy with Jubilee.  Josiah was visibly upset and ran off stage.  It looked like Boob wrenched his arm hard.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OldFadedStar said:

I believe it is assumed during one of the later pregnancy announcements (Josie? Jubilee?), Josiah ran off or something like that and was pulled back into the view of the camera. I'll try to find it. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

The scenes that cut out and turn into pictures. Josiah was there and then he wasn't and then he was there. That one? I think it was Jubliee. 

It was definitely in the pregnancy announcement of Jubilee. Some people saw Josiah run out looking upset, then being manhandled by JB. That scene seemed to be deleted later.

After almost losing his mother and sister after the last pregnancy, Josiah's reaction seems normal. Since the video has been edited, we may never know the truth.

On the newest photo on the Dillard Family Facebook page....what the heck is Israel eating?

And if you click to see the full picture....this kid seriously looks insanely tall to me (which isn't surprising, I suppose.)

I wonder if he has horrible allergies or if he just has dark circles naturally. His eyes always look so bad.

22 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

On the newest photo on the Dillard Family Facebook page....what the heck is Israel eating?

And if you click to see the full picture....this kid seriously looks insanely tall to me (which isn't surprising, I suppose.)

I wonder if he has horrible allergies or if he just has dark circles naturally. His eyes always look so bad.

I assume this was taken at the house? The floor looks really dirty. I hope it's just shadows or something. :pb_confused:

@pooplexed

There were some of Hannie getting told off when she was little, but it was all sensitised for the cameras.  In one of the first episodes of 17kac they were away in New York/DC  & M is seen taking her aside and telling her not to scream NO, in another the big kids were going somewhere and Hannie tried to sneak in the car with them (then through a fit over being prevented) and Josiah commented about how she hated being left out.  Another where M talked about how time outs were for self controll and not discipline and then tried to get 3/4 year old Jackson to sit still in  a chair (when people were over and everyone else was doing fun stuff - so not a good time for non punishment self control lessons).  No other on camera bits - other than Josiah gate that others mentioned.  But who knows what was edited out.  They've spoken about how if a little was crying during a photo/tv thing then an older girl took them away.  There was one where Jinger/Jessa took out (I think Jordyn) and was then talking a bit put out about how parents didn't notice their absence - again who knows what happens when the crier is out of shot - the whole point of that policy was that small children are not to be on camera unless happy.

Deena Dillard has photos up on IG of her wedding. I like her bridesmaids' dresses, but I see that everyone but Jill wore silvery shoes with their dress! I hate when stuff like that doesn't match. 

On 11/21/2016 at 9:57 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

What's the Dixie Stampede? [respectfully snipped]

So the Dixie Stampede, AKA Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede (this is where you know this is about to get good...) is a dinner theater, a la Medieval times. There are two locations, one in Branson and one in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I'm going to guess they're in Missouri. In any case, the meal is your typical southern stuff: barbecue, corn in the cob, biscuits and so on. The waiters uniforms are civil war uniforms and the entertainment is circus acts like juggling and people dancing. There's a lot of people riding horses and doing stunt riding, which is what I particularly remember, as some of it involved people riding horses dressed in Union and Confederate uniforms and flying American and Confederate flags. :?

It's very...well, you can see why it appeals to the Duggars, that's all I'm going to say. 

6 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

according to Jill - he is eating grilled cheese

but yes he looked extremely tall...

So back to the shower rack video, I was surprised at Jill saying that she had to talk to Derick "about things she wouldn't normally have to talk about," like what to do if he passed away, because they were in Central America. Perhaps I'm a pragmatist who has been scarred by stories of my grandmother, who was widowed with three boys at 30, but isn't that talk one that most people have with their spouses? Particularly if they have children? Extra extra particularly if they're completely dependent on their spouse to support the family? I get that it's uncomfortable, but geez em crow, I'd want to have some sort of game plan, regardless of where I was living, already in place if my spouse suddenly passed and I was left with a toddler and a dubious midwifery certificate.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So back to the shower rack video, I was surprised at Jill saying that she had to talk to Derick "about things she wouldn't normally have to talk about," like what to do if he passed away, because they were in Central America. Perhaps I'm a pragmatist who has been scarred by stories of my grandmother, who was widowed with three boys at 30, but isn't that talk one that most people have with their spouses? Particularly if they have children? Extra extra particularly if they're completely dependent on their spouse to support the family? I get that it's uncomfortable, but geez em crow, I'd want to have some sort of game plan, regardless of where I was living, already in place if my spouse suddenly passed and I was left with a toddler and a dubious midwifery certificate.

Perhaps Jill thought that since they were pretty young and making TLC money, they didn't need a plan. Maybe years down the road, but not now. Young people sometimes believe they are invincible or in their case, Jesus will take care of all.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Or it was what do I do with out a man to tell me what to do until I get to my daddy?  I'm guessing this is what she was worried about. 

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Can anyone please help me remember what Josiahgate was all about? I doesn't ring a bell.

It was either the arm pull Jubilee pregnancy announcement or the broken courtship with Marjorie Jackson. 

1. Jichelle and Boob announced the 20th pregnancy. Josiah went out of the picture. Someone, presumably Jana, shouted something like 'Josiah, don't (cry?)". Back into the picture, Josiah is back, Boob has a tight grip on his arm, as if he had just disciplined him. Josiah appears helpless and at a loss. 

2. Josiah and Marjorie courted. Then they didn't. The end. 

I remember that clip of Jchelle saying "the world does not revolve around Josie" when she acted up. then she made her repeat something  few times.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I remember that clip of Jchelle saying "the world does not revolve around Josie" when she acted up. then she made her repeat something  few times.

The world DOES revolve around Michelle, however. ;)

I'm a little late to the party for this one. Derick's comment of, " home...for a while anyway" or whatever he said pissed me off.   Dramatic much?  FYI dude you're a FAKE missionary!  You're not a deployed service man, or a real missionary digging wells in a mine field or doing anything to help that country so your perceived danger is your own damn fault!  Your wife is clearly not equipped to deal with even fake mission life so do us all a solid and find your Walmart lanyard and clock back in to Wally World.  Otherwise, make your time down there worth the crap you're putting your infantile wife through.  His Maryter attitude really chapped my ass.  

I remember feeling so bad for Josie in that scene. So often her parents treat her as though the world DOES revolve around her, to the detriment of her siblings, and then, in a transparent attempt to address criticism of this unequal treatment, TLC films a scene where Michelle tells Josie off for being self-centred. Well, what did they expect? Poor kid must have been so confused :(

16 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

but remember these people are not practical and rely on the ever loving TLC dollar and daddy 

and they haven't been taught to think like that. 

i think Jill should go back to SCA and just be there with derick and see how much more she grows 

Game plans are a daily part of our lives imo 

but then we are not in a cult 

A 7.0 earthquake was reported in El Salvador this morning. Any chance Jill and Derrick will head back to help? By help I mean rolling up the sleeves and doing the physical labor of rescue and rebuilding.

1 hour ago, nst said:

but remember these people are not practical and rely on the ever loving TLC dollar and daddy 

All good things must come to an end. The Duggar family don't subscribe to this. 

Like this too shall pass, but that would be expecting them to live in the real world, which they do not.

5 hours ago, Becket70 said:

A 7.0 earthquake was reported in El Salvador this morning. Any chance Jill and Derrick will head back to help? By help I mean rolling up the sleeves and doing the physical labor of rescue and rebuilding.

Zero chance of that happening. They will send prayers though. Same thing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived