IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

Denim Jumper
On 11/23/2016 at 10:26 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

So back to the shower rack video, I was surprised at Jill saying that she had to talk to Derick "about things she wouldn't normally have to talk about," like what to do if he passed away, because they were in Central America. Perhaps I'm a pragmatist who has been scarred by stories of my grandmother, who was widowed with three boys at 30, but isn't that talk one that most people have with their spouses? Particularly if they have children? Extra extra particularly if they're completely dependent on their spouse to support the family? I get that it's uncomfortable, but geez em crow, I'd want to have some sort of game plan, regardless of where I was living, already in place if my spouse suddenly passed and I was left with a toddler and a dubious midwifery certificate.

Yeah, I mean isn't that just normal married people talk? We were pretty young and stupid when we got married, but we have life insurance policies in place, Mr.Jumper knows where I keep the passwords for all of our financial stuff, and knows that I want to be cremated following an open-casket wake, with me in my usual pony tail, flip flops, and a couple of X's drawn over my eye lids.  

• Upvote 7
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carm_88

• ClaraOswin

• VelociRapture

• nst

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Schrodinger's Uterus! A Duggar (or any fundy really) can be considered to be both pregnant and not pregnant simultaneously until a pregnancy is actually announced.

I have 3 cats.  The third was unplanned, but she is wonderfully sweet and a blessing to our home.  I always thought 3 was too many cats, but I am glad I trusted God with my clowder size.  Even though

I have three shirts right now: One says "Bun in the Oven" Another says "I'm Hungry" up top and "Me Too" on the bump And the third, and most appropriate, says "Pregasaurus Rex" with a pr

Posted Images

Grimalkin
14 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm a little late to the party for this one. Derick's comment of, " home...for a while anyway" or whatever he said pissed me off.   Dramatic much?  FYI dude you're a FAKE missionary!  You're not a deployed service man, or a real missionary digging wells in a mine field or doing anything to help that country so your perceived danger is your own damn fault!  Your wife is clearly not equipped to deal with even fake mission life so do us all a solid and find your Walmart lanyard and clock back in to Wally World.  Otherwise, make your time down there worth the crap you're putting your infantile wife through.  His Maryter attitude really chapped my ass.  

I think Derrick thinks this is all one big adventure and likesthe excitement of it all. He does not believe bad things can really happen to him.

I don't think thier danger is perceived either. She was not crying because of the shower rack fell, she was remembering a real fear for her and her child's safety. Kidnapping for ransom money is very real in that part of the world. . There is also a good chance the police would be in on it because it's an extremely corrupt system. The reason the gangs and violence are so out of control is because the police and government officials are raking in money. 

• Upvote 3
marmalade
20 hours ago, ophelia said:

Thank you! I stopped watching the show before the whole Jubilee drama.

TLC also edited the end of that episode to totally eliminate the Josiah incident. You might be able to find an original version out there on YouTube, though. It was definitely a hot topic at the time. 

• Upvote 4
19BabyGerkins
On 11/23/2016 at 10:26 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

So back to the shower rack video, I was surprised at Jill saying that she had to talk to Derick "about things she wouldn't normally have to talk about," like what to do if he passed away, because they were in Central America. Perhaps I'm a pragmatist who has been scarred by stories of my grandmother, who was widowed with three boys at 30, but isn't that talk one that most people have with their spouses? Particularly if they have children? Extra extra particularly if they're completely dependent on their spouse to support the family? I get that it's uncomfortable, but geez em crow, I'd want to have some sort of game plan, regardless of where I was living, already in place if my spouse suddenly passed and I was left with a toddler and a dubious midwifery certificate.

It bugs me that she was crying about this, and listed as "the scariest moment"  My Aunt was a mission field Doctor and had one on the other missionary got hacked near to death with a machete. And she had to literally stitch her by candle light because they had lost power.  But "OMG a shower rack feel down."

• Upvote 8
Grimalkin
41 minutes ago, 19BabyGerkins said:

It bugs me that she was crying about this, and listed as "the scariest moment"  My Aunt was a mission field Doctor and had one on the other missionary got hacked near to death with a machete. And she had to literally stitch her by candle light because they had lost power.  But "OMG a shower rack feel down."

The point was they heard a crash and thought someone was breaking in and they were in danger and had a baby to keep safe. Your post illustrates how dangerous it is there, and why her fear was valid.

• Upvote 8
SilverBeach
1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

The point was they heard a crash and thought someone was breaking in and they were in danger and had a baby to keep safe. Your post illustrates how dangerous it is there, and why her fear was valid.

Her fear may have been valid, but if it puts her in a constant state of hyper alertness and terror, she shouldn't be there, period. You can't do what missionaries do if you are that scared. Just do a domestic mission, plenty of need right here in the good ole' USA.

• Upvote 15
19BabyGerkins
2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I get that it is real fear, trust me, but To me compared to other missionaries who I know personally and the trauma they have experienced, a falling shower curtain barely touches it. Most cities in the US have high crime rates and you hear gun shots routinely and you have to deal with it.  Look at what Ben's friend "FLAME" experienced as a child, walking out his door to find a dead body from last night's shooting spree.  I guess for me it was just an eye roll moment.  It was this big dramatic storey with big tears and then she says "oh yeah it was the shower curtian falling" 

• Upvote 4
marmalade

I just wanted to throw it out there that if Jerick plan to return to Danger America, they need to leave by this Thursday at the latest.  The Honduras missioncation begins on 12/3, El Salvador on the 10th. Of course, the rest of the Duggars go on one or the other (last year, it was apparently Honduras, but it's usually El Salvador). If Jerick leave, but the rest of the Duggars stay home that first week, I think they're going back for another extended stay. We'll only really know what their future plans are until the Duggars return from whichever missioncation they're going on this year and if the Dullards return with them.

I bet they will. Does Jessa really want another unattended birth with her unlicensed "midwife" sister coaching her via FaceTime?

Grimalkin
3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Her fear may have been valid, but if it puts her in a constant state of hyper alertness and terror, she shouldn't be there, period. You can't do what missionaries do if you are that scared. Just do a domestic mission, plenty of need right here in the good ole' USA.

Bingo! They should not be there at all. They are not doing anything useful there anyway. I'm pissed because they are putting themselves in such danger for nothing.

• Upvote 9
Grimalkin
2 hours ago, 19BabyGerkins said:

I get that it is real fear, trust me, but To me compared to other missionaries who I know personally and the trauma they have experienced, a falling shower curtain barely touches it. Most cities in the US have high crime rates and you hear gun shots routinely and you have to deal with it.  Look at what Ben's friend "FLAME" experienced as a child, walking out his door to find a dead body from last night's shooting spree.  I guess for me it was just an eye roll moment.  It was this big dramatic storey with big tears and then she says "oh yeah it was the shower curtian falling" 

I'm not saying that other missionaries have not expierienced worse, or people anywhere for that matter. It's comparing apples and oranges. Saying she shouldn't be so dramatic because other people have experienced worse is my problem. she has the right to feel how she feels. If someone was groped on a subway would you tell them to just get over it because women are raped and beaten every day? 

It's odd. We criticize the Duggars and fundies because they tell women to be cheerful and happy no matter what, that if you have any emotion other than cheerfulness and gratitude, you don't trust God, and it's wrong, and your fault. Jill cries because she was freaked out, and we make fun of her for it. 

• Upvote 18
19BabyGerkins
2 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I'm not saying that other missionaries have not expierienced worse, or people anywhere for that matter. It's comparing apples and oranges. Saying she shouldn't be so dramatic because other people have experienced worse is my problem. she has the right to feel how she feels. If someone was groped on a subway would you tell them to just get over it because women are raped and beaten every day? 

It's odd. We criticize the Duggars and fundies because they tell women to be cheerful and happy no matter what, that if you have any emotion other than cheerfulness and gratitude, you don't trust God, and it's wrong, and your fault. Jill cries because she was freaked out, and we make fun of her for it. 

Please know I did not mean for it to sound so harsh.  I really just feel like they (the producers perhaps) try to make it seem more than what it was.  Yes her fear is real and I do not dismiss that for a second.  I just felt like it was built up to be a big deal.  Producers perhaps more than she??? 

• Upvote 4
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic