IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

Jill as well as all the Duggars have no coping mechanisms. She thought the mission field would be a good fit because then she and Derick would be joined at the hip, but now she realizes that is not the case. None of these adult/children have ever really seen their parents leave the home, spouse or family for work...day after day, year after year. They really have no clue to the realities of the real world and the demands and decisions that are involved. 

They are used to daddy making all the decisions and telling everyone what to think and do. Jill has been faced with reality of perhaps having to make an adult decision all on her own. She realizes she has no clue about how to do such, but at the same time, she thinks that her having to make a decision on her own is unique to her because she lives in the evil CA. She does not realize that most adults, especially those with children, are making decisions all day long, every day, no matter where they live.

All Jill knows is that if she lived in NWA, daddy would make all the necessary decisions.

The Duggars all live in a JB vacuum bubble.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars all live in a JB vacuum bubble.

Do you think she's in constant contact with her parents while she's abroad? Like, the shower rack fell and she immediately Skyped her dad to find out what to do?

I said this on another thread, so forgive the repeating but I think it should be said again, she does not look well.  I think she looks like she has aged ten years since she had Israel.  The having to adult it in CA is not working for her.  It's awful that that her husband doesn't recognize it. Did we learn that this was Honduras, btw? In JinJer's wedding ceremony? 

I said this on another thread, so forgive the repeating but I think it should be said again, she does not look well.  I think she looks like she has aged ten years since she had Israel.  The having to adult it in CA is not working for her.  It's awful that that her husband doesn't recognize it. Did we learn that this was Honduras, btw? In JinJer's wedding ceremony? 

They were in El Salvador. I think Honduras happened a few months before J&D set off.

Just now, actuallyjessica said:

They were in El Salvador. I think Honduras happened a few months before J&D set off.

AHA. Thank you for the clarification. 

12 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Do you think she's in constant contact with her parents while she's abroad? Like, the shower rack fell and she immediately Skyped her dad to find out what to do?

I'm sure she is. But I'm also sure that because of the time difference or availability of JB there have been times where she wasn't sure what to do, JB was not immediately available for comment, and for whatever reason getting Derick's opinion was not an option, and Jill had to make a decision. 

I mean, they're constantly taught that the devil is always lurking and that mom and dad know best. There are probably multiple things that Jill has worried about, because she can't even trust in herself enough to know if it's not a sinful decision. 

I feel bad for her. It's not right to clip a child's wings, and it seems like even from afar Jill is struggling.

There is no time difference between Danger America and Arkansas. 

New pic of the Dullards. It's grainy, but check out Derick's Jesus hair! 

I dont get the jill looks like shes aged 10 years thing. I think she looks fine. I actually think shes been looking very nice lately. Her hair looks full and healthy. And i like her very natural style. We dont see her with the skin breakouts like some of the other girls. She seems to wear little to no make up so that probably helps her skin. I agree that scary CA was very difficult for her i just dont see that her looks have gone that far down hill. Geez louise. 

I do think she struggled quite a bit in CA and I empathize with her bc i have been in a somewhat similar situation that i thought i could handle and i was wrong. I hope they find something else to do. 

I'm calling crocodile tears. The best part of that was the smirk on Jana's face. She's either so brainwashed to keep a cheerful countenance at all times that she's lost her ability to react, or couldn't even pretend to GAF. I'm betting (and hoping) its the latter.

Jill is just a drama queen and Derrick - I don't know - but he seems off somehow - somehow just lost and really, really dim or clueless.

Is Jill so deluded she doesn't realize other couples talk about the "what if's" all the time??  People die unexpectedly in the States all the time. You should always have a plan and a backup plan, especially when you have a baby. I hope Ben and Jessa have talked about it, and hopefully now JinJer.  

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Is Jill so deluded she doesn't realize other couples talk about the "what if's" all the time??  People die unexpectedly in the States all the time. You should always have a plan and a backup plan, especially when you have a baby. I hope Ben and Jessa have talked about it, and hopefully now JinJer.  

I don't think Ben and Jessa discuss anything but God - as for the what if's I concur that's normal 

Jill does look pretty strained around the eyes and her eyes aren't smiling. She probably has no idea how to weigh the pros and cons of any decision she might have to make

6 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Their whole gimmick is they're some of the special few righteous people left in the country. Of course they have relationship insights no one else has thought of before! 

9 hours ago, elliha said:

I have now seen the famous shower rack clip above. Some thoughts:

I don't think that Jill is inheritable unsuited for mission work but that she should probably have been better off if they had gone somewhere where it would be easier for her to interact with people and go outside and learn what is dangerous and not in this place. I think it would have been better if she could have used English for communication too so that part is not also cut short. Mission work can mean a lot of things and she could still have had something interesting to show the viewers but had the chance to move away from being scared of everything. 

Basically I think like everything else in Jill's life, she's just not educated enough to be able to handle missionary work in another country, especially where she's not fluent in the language. Being really sheltered is rough, things are confusing and you don't know when you SHOULD be scared and when you don't need to be. I grew up pretty sheltered, not religiously, just in a middle class, all white town. After college I moved to Texas, then Los Angeles, and there was so much more variety in class and race and culture. Thankfully I adjusted and made out just fine. 

I think Jill needs both actual schooling type education and life experience to decide or find out if she'll ever be comfortable as a missionary. My hope is she decides she is not and leaves the people of Scary Central America alone.

So I guess the missionary group has insurance for the Dillards? I am still sad about Derek's jaw surgery. No job. After living in that big house, I'm sure Jill does feel a bit of a disconnect. Why not save people locally while living large in Arkansas, lol. 

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I dont get the jill looks like shes aged 10 years thing. I think she looks fine.

Same, she seems to me to have taken to motherhood easily and happily and while Derrick is no one I'd ever be attracted to she seems to be and at least from social media, they seem happy. Who knows if that is reality, but she looks fine to me. People age. Even 1 child is tiring (so I hear, lol). It's okay to be run ragged by your 1 year old, even when you loooove motherhood.

Just now, twinmama said:

Same, she seems to me to have taken to motherhood easily and happily and while Derrick is no one I'd ever be attracted to she seems to be and at least from social media, they seem happy. Who knows if that is reality, but she looks fine to me. People age. Even 1 child is tiring (so I hear, lol). It's okay to be run ragged by your 1 year old, even when you loooove motherhood.

Plus if Jill really was having a hard time, we'd never know, she has to be content at all times.

6 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Plus if Jill really was having a hard time, we'd never know, she has to be content at all times.

God I can't even imagine coping with hard times in a situation like that. I had a really rough adjustment to motherhood (twins, premature birth, postpartum depression, no family or friends nearby) and I let it all hang out and still it was terribly hard. I can't imagine using the iota of energy I had back then to force a smile at all times.

My sympathy for young Duggars tends to evaporate when they bring new people into the world and force the same bullshit on them that they grew up with, but those first few months with your first kid, or kids, I still have a bit of sympathy for. Especially when they've been raised to believe KIDS ARE GIFTS FROM GOD YOU MUST LOVE THEM AND WANT MILLIONS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HAVING A DOUBT ABOUT HOW MAGNIFICENT THIS IS!? while you are up every 45 minutes all night to feed your unhappy screaming newborn.

4 minutes ago, twinmama said:

My sympathy for young Duggars tends to evaporate when they bring new people into the world and force the same bullshit on them that they grew up with, but those first few months with your first kid, or kids, I still have a bit of sympathy for. Especially when they've been raised to believe KIDS ARE GIFTS FROM GOD YOU MUST LOVE THEM AND WANT MILLIONS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HAVING A DOUBT ABOUT HOW MAGNIFICENT THIS IS!? while you are up every 45 minutes all night to feed your unhappy screaming newborn.

Or you can just have your unmarried sisters take care of your newborn while you sleep.

@Georgiana, thanks for that great post about the training of missionaries.

When I was little, there was a woman missionary who grew up in our Southern Baptist Church.  She and her husband were missionaries to Hong Kong.   IIRC, they came home on furlough maybe every seven years, but not more frequently. 

My brother-in-law's brother and his wife served as missionaries in Rwanda.  The mission board was able to use his agricultural knowledge to help the people.  They spent several years in preparation to go.  They had to learn the local language, learn the local customs and learn how to cope in a country where they couldn't just run to Walmart if they needed something and, of course, there was theology studies too.  Getting to be a SBC missionary was no easy feat not should it be.

10 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I found it on the TLC YouTube channel:

Wow! Look at Jana's face during this interview! Maybe it is the editing, but she looks like she is smirking. Her face is saying to me, "here it comes!" when Jill is about to cry. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived