IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

I dreamed last night that Derick and Jill appeared on the BBC Breakfast programme (the reason why completely escapes me now). Derick still had his man bun but Jill had cut her hair really short, like above chin length short! It suited her. In the dream I got straight on to FJ to find out what everyone else's reaction was, but I woke up before the page loaded!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I agree. Though I can't blame it completely on SODRT. I have plenty of college-educated friends who use apart and alot. And my personal pet peeve....why does it seem as though 90% of the population can't understand that loose and lose are two different words? It drives me nuts. I'm talking people with masters' degrees writing "I'm about to loose my mind!" Obviously. 

the lose and loose make me completely crazy!!! like batshit.

I wonder if Derick "saved" her from the groomsman walking her down the aisle at this one too. Or if Jilly made the "save"

I like her hair very much and see no resemblance to Michelle's, which would feature poorly-cut bangs of an unsuitable length beneath an exaggerated comb-back instead of a slight bump, along with unnatural tightly spiraled curls sprayed into ozone-destroying proportions, instead of loose flowing ones, which make Jill look tasteful and attractive, instead. 

When people spell lose as loose, it drives me completely bananas. I always sub-vocalize it as written, which makes any sentence it's in appear profoundly strange or silly. Which it is.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Does anyone know if there is an announced date when the Dillards willl return to the land of Shower Racks and Cougars?

Actual date, no. I had heard the beginning of December.

18 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Does anyone know if there is an announced date when the Dillards willl return to the land of Shower Racks and Cougars?

I think Jill was hoping to be pregnant by now so she could stay in Murica with her family.

But since now all weddings are over and she apparently is not pregnant (well, you never know 100% what a Duggar is keeping secret), I think they are just running out of reasons to extend their "visit" back home. So I think we'll see a dramatic good-bye scene next season.

I actually already see them coming back because she is pregnant and it's so dangerous being a white pregnant American in Central America.

On November 17, 2016 at 5:00 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I agree. Though I can't blame it completely on SODRT. I have plenty of college-educated friends who use apart and alot. And my personal pet peeve....why does it seem as though 90% of the population can't understand that loose and lose are two different words? It drives me nuts. I'm talking people with masters' degrees writing "I'm about to loose my mind!" Obviously. 

People who can't tell the difference between "you're" and "your" drive me insane. Same with their/there/they're.

A friend (I use this term loosely since she's an asshole) exclusively says "your" despite being college educated.

Do we think Jill and co. will head back to Dangerous Central America now that Joy is courting and will likely be announcing an engagement soon? Jill pretty much raised that girl and I don't think  she'd miss that wedding. Maybe they'll stay so she can be around for Joy's stuff (shower etc.)? By then she might be pregnant again and that would be a perfect reason for the Dillards to stay in the states indefinitely.

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

People who can't tell the difference between "you're" and "your" drive me insane. Same with their/there/they're.

A friend (I use this term loosely since she's an asshole) exclusively says "your" despite being college educated.

They think it doesn't matter as long as they make general sense. BUT IT MATTERS.

5 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Do we think Jill and co. will head back to Dangerous Central America now that Joy is courting and will likely be announcing an engagement soon? Jill pretty much raised that girl and I don't think  she'd miss that wedding. Maybe they'll stay so she can be around for Joy's stuff (shower etc.)? By then she might be pregnant again and that would be a perfect reason for the Dillards to stay in the states indefinitely.

Oh, but they'll just grift/beg/have TLC pay for the trip back to Arkansas, of course! Don't you know Jesus provides for them by laying it upon people's hearts to donate and fund their trips? :roll:

(Someone who knows better, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dillards DO accept donations from leghumpers and got criticism from going back and forth too often, yeah?)

2 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Saw this on Facebook and found it very amusing!

Screenshot_2016-11-19-13-09-22.png

What I love about this ad for Dillard's Department Store is that it makes the same mistake not just once, but twice!

2 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Oh, but they'll just grift/beg/have TLC pay for the trip back to Arkansas, of course! Don't you know Jesus provides for them by laying it upon people's hearts to donate and fund their trips? :roll:

(Someone who knows better, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dillards DO accept donations from leghumpers and got criticism from going back and forth too often, yeah?)

They did initially catch heat for collecting donations for a long-term stay in an "undisclosed Latin American mission position because it's super scary down there so we can't specify where we are"  and not stay long-term. They announced moving there, then came back briefly, but a for a hilarious number of times. I can't remember the exact date of their "we're here for the long haul" announcement. However, my guesstimate for their stay was worst case: 8 months, best case: 11. So yes, they'll accept donations so Derrick's half-assessed and poorly executed manbun feels validated, but they'll stay briefly for the TLC dollars before having to come back to 'MERCA because Jill is preggos. OH NO, ANOTHER GARBAGE TLC PLOT TWIST!!! 

6 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

They think it doesn't matter as long as they make general sense. BUT IT MATTERS.

Absolutely! If you're going to put something out there in the internets for all to read then at least make sure you're saying what you intend to.

My pet peeves are mixing up except and accept, and affect and effect .

1 hour ago, Dugg@rTime said:

Absolutely! If you're going to put something out there in the internets for all to read then at least make sure you're saying what you intend to.

My pet peeves are mixing up except and accept, and affect and effect .

Don't forget definitely and defiantly. SO not the same thing!

3 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I think this one is the biggest annoyance for me, although all the other errors mentioned irritate me too. For some reason seeing defiantly instead of definitely really makes me grit my teeth.

19 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I always like to imagine people doing things in, well, a defiant manner. So if someone says "I'll defiantly be at the party", they won't just be at the party, they'll be staring everyone down, just daring people to ask why they're there, ready to start exclaiming how they can be there if they want, and it's none of your business.

So this is where they get their idea of mission and financial support! Bob Jones fundie math for 2nd grade.

Doctor Livingstone I presume?

P61109-190829(1).jpg

Just watched the episode and pretty much everything has already been said, but... Derick - what the FUCK were you thinking???? That has to be THE rudest thing you can do at a wedding. Based on discussion here I thought he "just" kissed JillyMuffin on her way out of the church but no, he had the nerve to steal her from her groomsman and walk her down the aisle when the pissed groomsman followed a few metres behind. WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?!?! Derick, you were not part of the wedding party and therefore it's none of your fucking business to intervene with the ceremony!!

Sorry for too many fucks but this asshat's arrogance just did it to me :kitty-cussing:

First time poster- longtime lurker. I just have to weigh in on the grammar annoyances. The one that annoys me the most is people mixing up breath and breathe, don't know why but it makes me see red!

Derick sucks. I suspected as much when I read the Pistol Pete interview where he said it would be hilarious to fire his prop gun behind unsuspecting cheerleaders. Then he runs over a cat and usurps attention at Jinger's wedding. Jim Bob II. It would be reason enough to not have Jill in my wedding, if I were a Duggar. But since she's Joy's sister-mom, I'm sure she'll be in Joy's wedding party. RME.

I suppose the Duggars view this grabbing-and-kissing-the-bridesmaid/wife as a fun and cute new tradition. I actually don't blame Derick for doing it, as I imagine it is planned and expected, although I wish he would refuse on the grounds of 'it looks stupid'.  Poor Josh apparently is no longer allowed to participate in this hilarity. 

Grammar issues make me grit my teeth big time.  I try not to be "that person" that corrects people (unless they're asking for correct usage), but what really, really aggravates me?  When it's in something published.  Especially books.  How did no one catch that?!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived