IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

These parents make me so mad. They are so full of tooting their own horn and screaming persecution that they cannot do what is right for their children! It makes absolutely no sense to me. If you truly care and love your children, help get them home. If you think they aren't safe, then follow the orders needed and get them home. Don't scream about the system, you're just making yourself look like an idiot. Sometimes it may not work but it in this case those kids were not safe and they needed to be taken away. Now you have to prove that you are able to take care of them and that you have learned from this situation. Which you know...they haven't! 

If I had ever had my son removed from my home by CPS, you better believe I would be doing whatever they requested of me, as fast as I could possibly get it done.  My first priority (actually, if that had happened, it would have been my one and only priority) would be to get my son back into my care and custody ASAP.  Once that was accomplished, if I thought there was some impropriety or unfairness or illegality in what happened - only then would I seek legal counsel and try to address those issues. 

I am pretty sure I would have also kept the situation private - no social media postings about it. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

If I had ever had my son removed from my home by CPS, you better believe I would be doing whatever they requested of me, as fast as I could possibly get it done.  My first priority (actually, if that had happened, it would have been my one and only priority) would be to get my son back into my care and custody ASAP.  Once that was accomplished, if I thought there was some impropriety or unfairness or illegality in what happened - only then would I seek legal counsel and try to address those issues. 

I am pretty sure I would have also kept the situation private - no social media postings about it. 

I was just going to post this.  I would move heaven and earth to get my kids back as fast as I could.

I think the problem is that these two yahoos love themselves more than they love their children.  They seem incredibly narcissistic.  Every single one of their posts is about how maligned they are.  How they were good parents.  How they're in the right.  I here more about them than I do the children and I hear nothing about what they're doing to fulfill the judge's orders.  While I feel for the kids in this situation, their idiot parents do not garner my sympathy.

Talk about a persecution complex. The parents refused permission for their older daughters to attend chruch services at the church affiliated with their group home because it has "questionable beliefs and practices." (Of course, they don't say what these are, because then someone might call them on their BS). They then complain that the group home told the girls that they weren't allowed to attend with the other children, because of the parents. So anyone else involved with the kids can do no right, while the parents can do no wrong. *sigh*

Let me add, I'm fine with parents refusing to allow their kids to attend a church they don't agree with. They don't name the church, but I doubt it's one that matches my social justice church beliefs and I would also refuse if my (hypothetical) child were in this group home. I would also take responsability and explain to the kids why I didn't allow them to attend.

Agree, @Terrie. Especially because, in a family where church is important, the kids are going to ask why they can't attend. When the only answer is "because your parents said so", well, that's the only answer. What else did the Rembises expect the CPS workers to say? That's an unreasonable complaint if I've ever heard one.

4 hours ago, Childless said:

I was just going to post this.  I would move heaven and earth to get my kids back as fast as I could.

I think the problem is that these two yahoos love themselves more than they love their children.  They seem incredibly narcissistic.  Every single one of their posts is about how maligned they are.  How they were good parents.  How they're in the right.  I here more about them than I do the children and I hear nothing about what they're doing to fulfill the judge's orders.  While I feel for the kids in this situation, their idiot parents do not garner my sympathy.

of course they love themselves more than their kids. If they didn't love themselves more, they would be quietly working toward getting their kids back. They wouldn't be shouting on social media about Jesus and constantly saying that they are being persecuted. FFS! 

4 hours ago, Terrie said:

Talk about a persecution complex. The parents refused permission for their older daughters to attend chruch services at the church affiliated with their group home because it has "questionable beliefs and practices." (Of course, they don't say what these are, because then someone might call them on their BS). They then complain that the group home told the girls that they weren't allowed to attend with the other children, because of the parents. So anyone else involved with the kids can do no right, while the parents can do no wrong. *sigh*

I have seen stuff like this from parents of the kids in the group home where I work many, many times. The parents will decide that the kids can't do something for whatever reason (which is their right) but then will get upset when we tell the kids the truth about why they were told no. They expect staff to make up some BS excuse for why the kid can't do whatever it is, because the parent doesn't want to take the heat for making the kid mad. That way the parent can play the good cop and let staff be that bad guys.

We won't do that, for a number of reasons. We are trying to reinforce the appropriate authority of the parents and hold the kids accountable to following their parents' rules, and the kids are set up for failure if they don't know what those rules are. We don't want to let that become a source of triangulation between parents, staff, and kids. And frankly, it's hypocritical if we give the kids a consequence for lying but then we deliberately lie to them. We will of course paint the parents' reasoning in the best light possible (even if we privately think the rule is nonsensical, we will frame it as the parent demonstrating concern and care about the child) but we aren't going to falsely claim it was staff who made the rule. 

This makes some parents quite angry. In some cases the parents will even outright lie to the kids about it, blaming staff and sympathizing with the kid about how mean we are when the parent has actually themselves vetoed a decision that we would have been fine with.

It really shows that the Rembis mom and dad have a very low level of parenting skills if they're resorting to making staff look like bullies rather than communicating their rules and expectations honestly to their children.

Staff are not going to lie for parents, and shouldn't be expected to. Indirect maneuvering instead of direct communication from parents confuses kids and is not a mature way for the mom and dad to relate to their child.

What did the mom want? For the house parents to take all the kids to a church that was acceptable to the Rembis's? Actually, given the overall entitlement mentality they've displayed, that might be it. In the comments, they also claim the daughter was "coerced" intogiving a letter to the parents asking to attend. Why did I suspect the "coercion" consisted of "If you want to go, you'll have to ask your parents for permission." 

The more these parents try to make themselves look good, the more sympathy I have for CPS.

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

Why did I suspect the "coercion" consisted of "If you want to go, you'll have to ask your parents for permission." 

I'm confident you are correct. We need parental permission before the kids in our group home can go to any type of religious service. (As well as quite a lot of other community activities.) I work in a different state than where the Rembis kids are, but I can't imagine that their regs about it are that much different.

At this point CPS can't win.  Let them go to church, and it's trying to indoctrinate them into bad beliefs - do what the parents ask, and it's turning the kids against them.  All of which must make everything so much harder for those poor children.

30 minutes ago, CrazyLurkerLady said:

I can't believe this is still going on. How long has it been now since the kids were first taken?

Not long enough for the parents to acquire a dust of sense. 

What's really weird is how preoccupied all you posters on this site are with people you know nothing about. Do you know the Duggars? The Nauglers? The Rembis'? No! You're judging and posting about entire families by what some yahoos write about them or show on TV. It's called "sensationalism" and is not an accurate representation of reality. This whole website is fucking weird! Who the hell creates a message board just to flame people with alternative lifestyles? And it looks like this site specifically targets Christians. Hatemongering for hatemongers. That's awesome! It worked for Hitler too didn't it?

I'll probably be banned for life from this shitty site now! Oh how horrible! How will I ever go on?

2 minutes ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

Who the hell creates a message board just to flame people with alternative lifestyles?

Laughing out loud, because I can find any number of Christian Fundamentalist preachers not just flaming people, but actively trying to stop people living lives they don't agree with.  Michelle Duggar campaigned actively against trans people's rights, and is a vocal campaigner against LGBT rights, abortion etc etc, which has a much bigger impact on real people's lives than us snarking on the fundies.

But seriously, if you'd like to defend the Rembis family, and tell us how letting the children forage for food in dustbins, sleep alone in cupboards, live in a house with a months-old placenta floating in a birthing pool, please do so.  Personally, I'm horrified by kids being inadequately fed and educated, but please do educate us in why it's actually to their benefit?

10 minutes ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

I'll probably be banned for life from this shitty site now! Oh how horrible! How will I ever go on?

Actually, you won't be. We don't ban for disagreement. You are welcome to disagree with us, and you are permitted to speak as long as you stay within our rules, which you agreed to when you sign up. Be prepared to defend your beliefs, and because Jesus said so won't work. Welcome.

Non admin commentary: we judge these people by their words and what they put out in the public, not what people say about them. You may consider wandering about a bit and seeing what we are actually about - we actually have quite a few Christians.

5 minutes ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

What's really weird is how preoccupied all you posters on this site are with people you know nothing about. Do you know the Duggars? The Nauglers? The Rembis'? No! You're judging and posting about entire families by what some yahoos write about them or show on TV. It's called "sensationalism" and is not an accurate representation of reality. This whole website is fucking weird! Who the hell creates a message board just to flame people with alternative lifestyles? And it looks like this site specifically targets Christians. Hatemongering for hatemongers. That's awesome! It worked for Hitler too didn't it?

No we don't know them but we do know what is reported. And what's reported a lot of time is a whole shitload of neglect. 

It's not hatemongering. We are concerned for the children who are in this situation. I don't give two holy shits if they are Christian or atheist, if you are neglecting your children, you should not have them. I wouldn't call this board hateful. Also alternative lifestyles does not mean that you must leave your children in an unsafe home with a placenta in a pool. 

As for hate, I rarely see the "I hate the *insert family name here* no we say that we hate the way that they live and what they do. 

So you can hate us all you want, I won't lose any sleep about it. 

Oh, I'll happily admit that my hobby of watching and criticizing extreme Fundamentalists is a bit weird.  Truth be told though, I'm much nicer about them than they are about others with different lifestyles than their own.  

I mean, really.  I haven't condemned anyone to hell fire recently, or screamed that they all deserve the death penalty for their different lyfe styles, or threatened to shoot anyone setting foot on my property.  

One of my favorite things is the rank that new members get. 

Since our new friend doesn't know any of us either, I suppose that tells me where they stand on hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

This whole website is fucking weird! Who the hell creates a message board just to flame people with alternative lifestyles? And it looks like this site specifically targets Christians. Hatemongering for hatemongers. That's awesome! It worked for Hitler too didn't it?

And we have a Godwin winner!!! 

Alternative lifestyles are fine. Wholesale physical, mental, emotional, and educational neglect of children is NOT fine. If conditions are so bad that the children are removed from the home, then maybe people ought to stop posting bullshit and get on the stick to do what they need to do to get their kids back. 

CPS may be "corrupt" but right now they have you by the short and curlys...you won't get your kids back until you do what they say you need to do...so stop posting here and get with the court ordered steps to get your kids back. I have the freedom to do whatever I damn well please because I managed to raise my kids under some rough circumstances, never had them removed from my home and ended up with productive, educated members of society for kids. Can you say the same? 

@feministxtian, do you really think the new poster is NN herself? I was rather assuming we were having Fundie Friday a day late ...

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

@feministxtian, do you really think the new poster is NN herself? I was rather assuming we were having Fundie Friday a day late ...

I'm guessing a Rembis. (That is not an admin opinion - I haven't actually looked)

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Given that the user name mentions Texas, I'm more inclined to believe it's someone involved with the Rembis family. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I'm guessing a Rembis. (That is not an admin opinion - I haven't actually looked)

Yeah that was my opinion as well or someone associated with them. 

It figures that they'd post here to continue their screed about how they were screwed over and everything is fine with the kids and CPS is "corrupt"...however, with a string of CPS complaints over multiple states...maybe, just maybe, they're not paranoid and people really are after them! 

I had three kids...and raised a couple more. Know why I didn't have more kids? Because I KNEW that there was no way I could afford more. Its called being responsible. Admittedly, there were very rough times with just my three...due to life. However, the difference between me and them is this: I got my ass in gear, did what I had to do to get a job that paid enough to take care of my kids and made sure they had a reasonably safe home to live in, food in their bellies, clothes on their backs and shoes on their feet. Oh, and did I mention they went to school too? 

Now my kids are grown. One is a computer nerd/graphic artist. One is a computer nerd. One is an electrical apprentice. Two of the three have college degrees. I did my job as a parent...

Now...Rembis person...can you say the same? I didn't think so. Get up off your high horse and get your shit together. You're disgusting and should be in jail for child neglect/endangerment/abuse. 

Well, poop.  I had a brain fart.  My mistake.  I was mistaking the Rembises (or should that be Rembii) with the Nauglers.  Easy to do.  They are both wacky child-neglecting idiots having noisy conflicts with CPS.  Under the guise of just being crunchy granola folks with "alternative" life-styles.

Look I don't care how "alternative" you get so long as you:

- feed your children,

- house your children decently,

- keep your children reasonably clean and safe (rotting placentas in kiddie pools and knives within reach are not good things),

- get your children appropriate medical care,

- educate your children, and if you are overwhelmed public school is a good thing,

- make sure your children have birth certificates and SS#s so they can escape when they reach majority,

- comply with CPS instructions on all of the above so that they can stay with you.  

It's an odd thing but children really do love their parents - however inadequate they may be.

Just comply with the basic requirements of CPS and they will be returned.  Not to an optimal home, I'm sure.  But if you love them - perhaps to a loving home that provides for their basic needs.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived