IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

39 minutes ago, Jpearson678 said:

I highly doubt they will regain custody in January. They are not following the court ordered plan in order to get the kids back. Either they have no understanding of how the legal system works or they only want the kids back under their own terms.

Essatlyyyy.... people like this are convinced of their own bullshit. What these people were doing was child abuse and I hope they don't get those kids back. Then again, as we've seen with the Nauglers, shit happens and CPS is so overworked that they might just bounce them right back to eating shit from dumpsters.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CPS has already had these kids longer than the Nagulers (I believe). The Nagulers actually did the bare minimum to get the kids back quickly. CPS is still involved with the Nagulers. Texas so far has stuck to the court order and its protecting these children. I think the judge will not be pleased if come January nothing has been dont to regain custody.

Also these people need to stop using Medical Kidnap and focus on getting the kids back.

5 hours ago, Jpearson678 said:

I highly doubt they will regain custody in January. They are not following the court ordered plan in order to get the kids back. Either they have no understanding of how the legal system works or they only want the kids back under their own terms.

Or they don't actually want them back but create drama to look like the victims and get attention.

If they cannot be botherd to do the bare minimum, they don't deserve them.  

On 10/29/2016 at 7:24 PM, mirele said:

I'm actually surprised nobody else has reported this.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/rembis-sues-fox-news-for-10-million-in-lubbock-federal-court

I don't think they have much of a case here.  I'm more thinking that they're doing this to try and scare off the press from reporting on them because they're litigious.

The scary part is I actually think that they might be able to go forward with this because peoplehave sued for far less then this and won :/

Regarding hospitals and visiting hours - peadiatric wards are different from adult wards.  In the hospitals I've worked in, parents are allowed in at any time.  Visiting hours apply to friends/family/siblings.   The exception to this may be during ward rounds/if the child is having something done (eg bloods) or if there safeguarding concerns with the parents.

The hospital would have checked with social services when the child was admitted as to what the rules were.  Depending on how visitation is conducted, there may have been safety concerns for the foster parents and restrictions placed to keep the Rembis parents away from foster parents.

But for most people, if a kid is admitted parents are encouraged to be there all hours - especially if its a kid who's old enough to notice you missing at night and be scared. 

22 minutes ago, imokit said:

Regarding hospitals and visiting hours - peadiatric wards are different from adult wards. 

At 15, it's up in the air on if the son was in a pediatric or adult ward. My brother was 15 when he was hospitlized for pnemonia and was in an adult ward. The hospital where he was based the decision on the size of the child. If they were big enough that they needed adult equipment, they went to the adult ward and were under adult ward rules. 

Frankly, the parents seem to be under the mistaken impression that a CPS case is a game of "gotcha!" and if they find the one, magical thing that CPS gets wrong, the whole case goes away.

Any hospital that my family's been in has allowed a spouse or adult child to spend the night with the patient and none of us were ever kicked out after a certain time. 

In the UK under 18 = peadiatrics.  But, if you are a pregnant teenager, the peadiatric ward will push very hard to get you to the obstetric wards.

@Terrie Doing it by size is harsh.  I know lots of 9 year olds who are bigger than little old ladies.  And my 12 year old brother became bigger than adult me.

But you're right in that for the Rembis's its about trying to prove CPS is evil, because I'm not sure if they realise that the court of public opinion does not actually affect CPS (unless a kid has died horrifically and they missed something).

2 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Any hospital that my family's been in has allowed a spouse or adult child to spend the night with the patient and none of us were ever kicked out after a certain time. 

Ditto. And my family has spent a lot of time in hospitals and is the type of family where they don't want anyone in there alone, so lots of different hospitals.

Obviously hospitals are different but my guess is they were causing some kind of scene and/or upsetting him.

1 hour ago, snarkysally said:

Obviously hospitals are different but my guess is they were causing some kind of scene and/or upsetting him.

Given what we know about these people, I'd wager that this is the reality. They were probably trying to assert their religious preferences on how the boy was being treated, and not being either quiet or polite about it.

Remember these people have accused doctors of sexually assaulting their children during medical exams. Was that this same hospital? I can see how doctors and cps would be uncomfortable with them around. 

Apparently five of the girls, if I'm understanding this correctly, are at Lubbock Children's Home.  If I am understanding this correctly, the kids live in cottages with foster parents. There is a Bible quote on their home page, but their approach seems professional.  The new president is Church of Christ and this is the ending of his bio:

Jimmy Moore brings a great set of skills to The Children’s Home of Lubbock. He is a proven leader, is passionate about kids in hard places, and has a love for God and a love for His people. The Children’s Home will be under great leadership with Jimmy Moore as we continue with our mission of “manifesting Christ through excellence in child care.”

Jimmy Moore sounds like he spent time in foster care growing up.  Anyway, like whatever church most of the kids at the home go to, it's not the right kind of Christian for the Rembis'.  

The previous president of the home was there from 1995 to 2016, so some stability in leadership.

http://www.childshome.org/

Apparently Lubbock Children's home is the wrong kind of Christian, or more realistically, not extreme enough Christians.  Claire was pissed because the home told the girls they couldn't go to church along with the other kids because of her mom. But, they aren't going to church with the other kids because their mom won't allow it, so what do the foster parents in their cottage say?  I think the home has found a church that is more in line with the Rembis' beliefs for the girls, though. 

The Rembis Family fb page keeps going on and on about trusting God and how he works in mysterious ways, but ya know, they really don't trust God or have any clue about mysterious ways, because it could actually be Satan or demons.  Ya just never know. 

On 12/1/2016 at 0:51 PM, amandaaries said:

While I totally agree that seizures are frightening, I don't think that these parents are communicating honestly (big surprise).  Seizures are complicated and people evolve.  What works to prevent seizures one month (or one day) might not work at another time.  Medications must be adjusted. That's why most people with epilepsy have long-term relationships with neurologists (who would also know about platelet conditions) and see them on a regular basis.  If the parents had been getting regular medical attention for this condition, his medical history would already be in the charts.

Stress can certainly exacerbate any kind of underlying condition, so that may well be a factor in what is going on -- or why the medical personnel decided that the parents needed to go.  Everything about them wreaks of attention whores, not calm, collected parents who would be good to have nearby in a crisis.  

ETA: seizures can also impact short (or long) term memory.  Depending on the severity, he might not remember taking his meds simply due to the seizures.  

If this particular child is one that they claim is on the spectrum-then seizures go hand in hand with autism in a large percentage of cases, especially after puberty. 

I think I find these Placenta Pill Peddlers almost as loathsome as the Naugs. And I actively, fervently, passionately despise the Naugs.

I just watched the Mom's video and there is no doubt that the kid has a Touch of 'Tism.  Bless him.

CPS cases have different rules for parents visiting at hospitals than just general hospital policy. If the family's parental visits normally require a supervision level, that still applies when the child is in the hospital - whatever parental conduct CPS is trying to prevent doesn't disappear as a concern just because the child is hospitalized. That rule would come from CPS, not from the hospital, so it is not likely to line up with the privileges parents without CPS involvement can receive. 

It has been my experience that parents with children in CPS custody tend to be hyperconcerned and hyperinvolved with medical issues regarding their child, often while ignoring very basic items in their own case plan that are at least equally important if not more so. It gives the parents a sense of control they often feel they have lost. It gives them the opportunity to blame and nitpick others as they feel they are being blamed and nitpicked. Some parents assume that if they can just make state care look bad enough, custody will default back to them without them having to bother with the more difficult aspects of their plan, which is of course untrue but good luck convincing this type of parent of that.

And to be blunt, it's a way to put on a display of concern without really having to make that much of an effort to change. It's easy to show up at the hospital and start making demands and criticizing doctors and CPS workers. It's a lot more difficult to turn the harsh questions inward instead and make major life changes. It's easy to sit by a bedside for a few days during a crisis while professionals fawn attention on the sick patient. It's a lot more difficult to put in the work of the daily grind of  safe and healthy parenting without all the pats on the back.

If the Rembis parents put as much effort into making their home environment safe and livable as they put into criticizing and backstabbing the people who are trying their best to help the children, the kids would have been home by now.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

CPS cases have different rules for parents visiting at hospitals than just general hospital policy. If the family's parental visits normally require a supervision level, that still applies when the child is in the hospital - whatever parental conduct CPS is trying to prevent doesn't disappear as a concern just because the child is hospitalized. That rule would come from CPS, not from the hospital, so it is not likely to line up with the privileges parents without CPS involvement can receive. 

It has been my experience that parents with children in CPS custody tend to be hyperconcerned and hyperinvolved with medical issues regarding their child, often while ignoring very basic items in their own case plan that are at least equally important if not more so. It gives the parents a sense of control they often feel they have lost. It gives them the opportunity to blame and nitpick others as they feel they are being blamed and nitpicked. Some parents assume that if they can just make state care look bad enough, custody will default back to them without them having to bother with the more difficult aspects of their plan, which is of course untrue but good luck convincing this type of parent of that.

And to be blunt, it's a way to put on a display of concern without really having to make that much of an effort to change. It's easy to show up at the hospital and start making demands and criticizing doctors and CPS workers. It's a lot more difficult to turn the harsh questions inward instead and make major life changes. It's easy to sit by a bedside for a few days during a crisis while professionals fawn attention on the sick patient. It's a lot more difficult to put in the work of the daily grind of  safe and healthy parenting without all the pats on the back.

If the Rembis parents put as much effort into making their home environment safe and livable as they put into criticizing and backstabbing the people who are trying their best to help the children, the kids would have been home by now.

Yes! Wish I could like this 100 times! That's all so true. I looked at her fb and she was warned she could only stay for an hour (I guess the same amount of time as her regularly scheduled visit?) 

I thought it odd that she didn't attempt to hug her son as she was leaving, but on another page there was some stuff from her about how cps wouldn't allow it during medical things, but only on regular scheduled visits? Sounds strange to me.

To the pp who mentioned autism, I agree that was my first thought upon watching this video. Feel so bad for this kid. I have a child with autism and routine is so important. This kids world has been turned upside down.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

This times a million! They are so caught up in themselves and how they are being persecuted that they can't even think about the poor children. I feel so bad for these kids, they can't help who their parents are. 

10 hours ago, snarkysally said:

Yes! Wish I could like this 100 times! That's all so true. I looked at her fb and she was warned she could only stay for an hour (I guess the same amount of time as her regularly scheduled visit?) 

I thought it odd that she didn't attempt to hug her son as she was leaving, but on another page there was some stuff from her about how cps wouldn't allow it during medical things, but only on regular scheduled visits? Sounds strange to me.

To the pp who mentioned autism, I agree that was my first thought upon watching this video. Feel so bad for this kid. I have a child with autism and routine is so important. This kids world has been turned upside down.

The kid probably didn't have much routine prior to being pulled from the home.  He's likely getting a stricter routine and better medical and psychological care now that he's in CPS custody.  And that's sad.

3 hours ago, Childless said:

The kid probably didn't have much routine prior to being pulled from the home.  He's likely getting a stricter routine and better medical and psychological care now that he's in CPS custody.  And that's sad.

One of the neighbor complaints in Lubbock was that there was loud rock music playing at all hours of the night and kids screaming, which certainly sounds like a chaotic home environment.  This is in a household with very young children and an infant.  So yes, there was likely a complete lack of routine. 

The actions of the Rembis parents bother me big time. I don't know much about Texas CPS, but I do know a little about the child protection procedures in Larimar (sic) county. (The county where the Rembis's ran off to, to escape the CPS investigation in TX, and where the kids were left when mom and dad returned to TX to attend to something "important".)

The court order requires mom and dad to get proper housing, and job(s). Near as I can tell from the facebook action of mom, they are living in a hotel. Not a house, say, with beds for all the children. It's going to be very tough to get housing now, since they were evicted from their last place (presumably because they couldn't pay the rent). Saving up for the first and last month's rent is going to be near impossible, because a week ago dad mentioned on mom's facebook that he had a job interview the next day. He's had more than two months to get a job.

The judge is going to be looking at stability of employment (donation type $ won't be good enough), and housing.

Come Jan 4, the case will be reviewed, and the judge will give them more time to comply. Time will eventually run out though. Given their stubbornness and Munchausen by proxy type hysterics, those parents will loose their kids.

I can't figure out if they are really misunderstanding the situation or lying. In one of mom's statements (maybe one of the medical kidnap articles?), she describes firing their lawyer, and getting a new lawyer who thinks they can get the case sent to Colorado (where dad "has a well-paying job"). Not going to happen.

Living in a hotel is incredibly expensive.  I wonder if they are getting a room because Mr. Rembis is working there?  

Their judge has many years experience being a child and family judge.  He can see bull shit coming a mile away. 

Their approach to getting their kids back is to attack cps and attempt to generate public support through medical kidnap, Facebook, etc. There must be some form of mental illness or lowered intelligence that makes people think this way? Most normal people would do everything the judge asked to get their kids back first, then they can take the proper steps to file a complaint if one is actually warranted. But then I guess if they were normal parents their kids wouldn't have been taken in the first place. Definitely not for a second time. But even before the kids were taken they were fighting CPS, posing stuff about other families whom they believed were treated badly by cps. 

19 hours ago, Howl said:

Living in a hotel is incredibly expensive.  I wonder if they are getting a room because Mr. Rembis is working there?  

Their judge has many years experience being a child and family judge.  He can see bull shit coming a mile away. 

Would Mr. Rembis actually work? I don't get this family at all. 

I just assumed that Mr. and Mrs. Rembis would just skip out on paying the hotel bill.

Or maybe the couple hopes to collect settlement money from their 10 million dollar defamation lawsuit against Fox. How is that going to work? Doesn't Mr. Rembis actually have to prove economic harm from the false statement to win a defamation suit? I thought the only money these folks had coming in was food stamps.

On December 2, 2016 at 11:37 AM, imokit said:

In the UK under 18 = peadiatrics.  But, if you are a pregnant teenager, the peadiatric ward will push very hard to get you to the obstetric wards.

@Terrie Doing it by size is harsh.  I know lots of 9 year olds who are bigger than little old ladies.  And my 12 year old brother became bigger than adult me.

But you're right in that for the Rembis's its about trying to prove CPS is evil, because I'm not sure if they realise that the court of public opinion does not actually affect CPS (unless a kid has died horrifically and they missed something).

The facility I work for is the same (Im in SC).  If you are under 18, you go to Peds.  Our oncologists won't take a 17yo, they are send to Peds Hem/Onc.  The peds unit has both adult and pediatric crash carts.  

5 hours ago, Treasure said:

I just assumed that Mr. and Mrs. Rembis would just skip out on paying the hotel bill.

Or maybe the couple hopes to collect settlement money from their 10 million dollar defamation lawsuit against Fox. How is that going to work? Doesn't Mr. Rembis actually have to prove economic harm from the false statement to win a defamation suit? I thought the only money these folks had coming in was food stamps.

Most hotels require a valid credit card at check-in to prevent people from skipping out. And most require weekly payments from long-term guests.

So if the adult Rembises are in a hotel, someone's paying the bill. They either have money that they won't spend on their kids or have conned someone to pay for a hotel room -- and probably food.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived