IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

I don't understand.  They say they love their children.  If so, why don't they stop bitching and just do what's asked of them?  Get help and be better parents if you love your kids.  If it were me, I'd do whatever they told me to do to get my children back.  If that meant working 3 jobs, so be it.  If it meant taking parenting classes, tell me where they are and I'll be there.  Why aren't they willing to do the same?  Constantly butting heads with CPS won't get them any closer to reunification.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I hope they DON'T comply and thus not get those children back. They -kids- deserve the opportunities this country has to offer them. These assholes were starving them and being beyond negligent. Matted hair, eating out of mothercucking dumpsters.... talk about unfit parents. 

Yeah, I think parenting classes probably won't fix whatever is wrong with those parents.

I kind of agree. People like this usually only cooperate with CPS long enough to get the kids back, then go back to doing whatever the heck they want.

First, it seems significant that the oldest boy opted to not hang around with the fam and help his parents. 

The January time frame gives Mr. Rembis time to find a good job, hopefully one with benefits, and a second job to save up for grift a deposit on a rental house and get it settled for the kids to come home to, with beds and stuff. Gosh, Claire could get a job to help with finances, too.  Gosh.  She could.  If they haven't already, they need to get tight with a church community that can help them out.  Or they can just piss and moan on Medical Kidnap and grift the sympathetic and unsuspecting.  

Claire has a job, silly! She makes placenta pills! [emoji6]

9 hours ago, Trynn said:

I kind of agree. People like this usually only cooperate with CPS long enough to get the kids back, then go back to doing whatever the heck they want.

I think this is the case with the Nogs as well.

Judge approves CPS guidelines for Rembis family to regain custody of 10 children

Claire Rembis told us the judge is giving them more time to go over the guidelines because they don't agree with all of them.

It would seem the Rembis' have zero leverage with the court changing the conditions for return of the children. Can the parents can petition the court for changes?  Does anyone know how this works?

More information: http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/kamc-news/cps-remains-in-custody-of-10-rembis-children-must-comply-with-court-ordered-plan

Outside of securing long term housing, the court has ordered that the Rembis' must also  attend parenting classes, life skills classes, counseling, psychological evaluations,  have verification of employment, pay child support and medical support, and notify CPS within five days of a housing change. In court the Rembis' expressed that they objected to most of the components of the service plan, but the judge still placed the service plan into effect.

Frankly, the plan looks pretty standard to me. I feel bad for the kids, but have no sympathy for the parents. Shockingly enough, trying to flee with your kids tends to result in CPS deciding they can't trust you to work a plan while the kids stay with the parents.

The article also notes that all the kids are behind their age group in education. Kids vary and I wouldn't expect all of them to be right on par with kids in public school, if only because the set up would be different -- like kids in different public school systems being in slightly different places, or individual kids being different. But every single one of ten kids being behind? That raises an eyebrow for me.

I would bet that not only are the children all behind their age peers in education; they are all most likely FAR behind. 

I doubt very much that any therapy, treatment, education, etc., will have much of an impact by january, and if the children are allowed even supervised visits with the parents before January, they will most likely revert to whatever behaviors they had when they entered care, if indeed they even began behaving in a more civilized manner. I mean, will these children even know how to use a bed, a toilet, wipe themselves?

Will they respond to caregivers' attentions with suspicion? Yes. Will they fight them? Yes.

Will they claim that attempts to bathe them by others is sexual molestation? Yes, if they've been primed to do so by their parents, and I'm very much afraid they have. Same with washing/combing of hair..

While keeping siblings together is usually highly esteemed by CPS, I can see any attempts to civilize these children by foster families completely stymied by a few of them being together. They will band together to "protect" each other from the Evil Foster People, no matter how patient, how kind, how well meaning they are. 

For the children's own sakes, it might be best to completely separate them from each other.

I notice that Mrs. Rembis did all of the talking in that news segment, and she looked and sounded fairly "normal."  Does anyone know what would be taught in a "life skills" class for parents such as the Rembis's?  I hope the children are being well cared for, well fed, and getting help with any medical or other issues they may have.  At least in this instance, it sounds like the court is taking the family situation seriously.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

It would seem the Rembis' have zero leverage with the court changing the conditions for return of the children. Can the parents can petition the court for changes?  Does anyone know how this works?

Yes, the parents/their attorney can object in court, but since the judge approved the plan CPS put forth, unless he changes his mind, the family will be held to that plan, and not completing it/abiding by it will hurt their chances of reunification. 

I also love this quote from Claire Rembis: "Some of the stuff in the plan goes against our beliefs and our convictions, and certainly those things will be addressed with an attorney and with the judge at a later date. But any and everything that's court ordered by a judge, we most definitely participate whether we agree with it or not." So...you don't believe in parenting classes? Counseling? Stable employment or housing? Paying child support? Or you just don't believe in being told what to do?

4 minutes ago, dianapavelovna said:

Yes, the parents/their attorney can object in court, but since the judge approved the plan CPS put forth, unless he changes his mind, the family will be held to that plan, and not completing it/abiding by it will hurt their chances of reunification. 

I also love this quote from Claire Rembis: "Some of the stuff in the plan goes against our beliefs and our convictions, and certainly those things will be addressed with an attorney and with the judge at a later date. But any and everything that's court ordered by a judge, we most definitely participate whether we agree with it or not." So...you don't believe in parenting classes? Counseling? Stable employment or housing? Paying child support? Or you just don't believe in being told what to do?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We Have a Winner! I watched her on the video, and she didn't seem to be making eye contact with anyone.. my guess is they'll "miss" some of the classes, in order to say how HARD it is to work and to participate in the court orders... to try to get things changed or rescinded to suit them.. I heard in that report they'll have up to a year to complete this work. Doesn't sound like the kids will be back in january, especially if they're objecting to and trying to stall on working through requirements.

They will fight and fight right up to the end...and at the end of that year when the TPR gets filed, they'll still be playing the "woe is me" game. What would happen if she gets pregnant again? Would there be a CPS hold on the newborn?

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

They will fight and fight right up to the end...and at the end of that year when the TPR gets filed, they'll still be playing the "woe is me" game. What would happen if she gets pregnant again? Would there be a CPS hold on the newborn?

One would hope, but the only time I've seen that done (in my limited experience of watching my husband's crazy cousins have kids taken away) is when the mother tests positive for drugs while pregnant. I suppose endangering the fetus in any way may count, but until they have a reason for each child, they won't. Again, that's my limited experience with my local DCS (department of children's services), so who knows what Texas will do.

On 07/10/2016 at 11:28 PM, feministxtian said:

What's the TPR? I've read through the thread but I can't find it.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:23 AM, Terrie said:

Frankly, the plan looks pretty standard to me. I feel bad for the kids, but have no sympathy for the parents. Shockingly enough, trying to flee with your kids tends to result in CPS deciding they can't trust you to work a plan while the kids stay with the parents.

The judge has many, many years experience with CPS, that's what his particular court addresses. He's a no bullshit guy who's seen a bazillion Rembis parents. 

The whole thing with the kids being behind their grade level, with a father with a college degree. This pisses me off no end -- well educated parent or parents denying their children a future by raising poorly educated, poorly socialized children. 

I kinda hate these parents. On their facebook page, they are again harping about what if their kids are in placement with kids who have been abused. Because villainizing other children is a great way to convince people you deserve your kids back.

Wow!  This is all fairly nauseating.  I hope they never get those kids back.  They'll all require a lifetime of therapy after what these wretched parents have put them through.  All the "worry" about their kids being exposed to abused children is a poor attempt at a red herring and shows total lack of awareness.  This is not an "us against them" scenario!  YOU, HAVE. ABUSED. YOUR. CHILDREN.  

45 minutes ago, Terrie said:

I kinda hate these parents. On their facebook page, they are again harping about what if their kids are in placement with kids who have been abused. Because villainizing other children is a great way to convince people you deserve your kids back.

What - are they worried their children might compare notes with other abused children and realize "hey, what's going on at home isn't okay"?

29 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

What - are they worried their children might compare notes with other abused children and realize "hey, what's going on at home isn't okay"?

They are implying that all children who have "actually" been abused are a danger to their kids. They are terrible people.

25 minutes ago, Terrie said:

They are implying that all children who have "actually" been abused are a danger to their kids. They are terrible people.

It's possible that this may stem from a deeply rooted fear that the children may sense similarities in their parents treatment of them.  I still maintain it is a red herring to take focus off of their terrible parenting.  Whatever it is, they sound like pure assholes.

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

But they also said 4 or 5 of their own children were abused during doctors' examinations and by the psychologist - are they suggesting their kids are now a danger to others too, or just the usual lack of logic?

It's unlikely that any new babies would be taken automatically unless there was a clear danger at birth. If there's a new report made on the infant, then CPS would move on it. If a new baby comes after TPR and the current CPS case has closed, the parents would have fallen off the radar again, so to speak.

I know of an infant in care now because the mother seriously neglected her. Mother is pregnant again, and is using pregnancy as an excuse for why she can't meet the terms of her CPS plan. As long as the mother passes drug tests, the new baby will not be taken into care as part of the current case.

I have a friend whose ex-husband physically abused both her and their toddler.  She left him, got a restraining order, and the court ruled that he got no visitation rights to the toddler because of the abuse.  When this all went down, she was pregnant.  She tried to get the court to rule for no visitation for the new baby also, but they wouldn't do it.  Wouldn't even give him supervised visits.  He had unfettered access to the newborn because he had not abused that specific child even though he had a history of abuse.  It was ridiculous.  My friend was in tears because she had to hand over her fragile newborn knowing she wouldn't be there to protect the baby should he get abusive.  Thankfully, he wasn't just abusive but also a lazy fuck who didn't really want to parent.  After a couple of visits he stopped showing up to the drop off.  Hasn't seen either kid in 16 years.  My friend and both her kids consider that a blessing.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived