IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

On 12/17/2016 at 4:36 PM, Rubaiyat said:

If I may...

We have adopted twice through the state/foster care.  CPS/DHS/whathaveyou, would desperately love to know where all this conspiracy money is coming from, and how they get a piece of it.  Just our two adoptions have cost, and are continuing to cost, CPS a medium-sized fortune.  During the foster period there were therapies (some were 5-figure expensive,) therapists, evaluations both psychological and medical, treatments, monthly stipends, extra stipends for paraprofessional and respite care workers, clothing stipends,  reimbursements to us for a bunch of shit they broke (as in, their beds, twice,) stipends for camps and a vacation....and those are just the basics.  We used to joke with our team that the faster our paperwork went through, the faster we could finalize and let our insurance take over the medical payments.    

Oh, and speaking of finalization, we paid not a single penny for our adoption.  CPS covered everything from the lawyer to the paperwork fees.. So, you know, more outgo.  

After finalization, we get a healthy stipend (our kiddos have some significant needs, so our stipend reflects that) plus they get Medicaid, all of which until they're 18.  All told, we will have "cost" CPS nearly $1million by the time they stop paying for these kids.   Seriously, tell them how they get paid for healthy white babies.  They're gonna need them dolla dolla billz by them time they're shut of just our two kids!!

TL;DR - All that money medical kidnap parents are always screaming about does pass through CPS hands, just not in the direction they assume. 

ETA: Please, foster/adopt families off all stripes, join in! I'm by no means the expert, and I'm positive I've forgotten, or not needed/used all kinds of other pricey services!

Also adopted through foster care. My child has severe autism. So I completely agree with what you're saying. I knew my child prior to removal from the bio parents, and 100% of folks familiar with the case could not understand why the child was not removed MUCH sooner. So a different kind of thing.  They spent a lot of money on my kiddo, too!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mega squick.  Mom and dad Rembis unsupervised for months (i.e., no kids around).   When is she going to announce her next pregnancy?

What will CPS do if she has another kid whilst all the other kids are in foster care?  

19 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Also adopted through foster care. My child has severe autism. So I completely agree with what you're saying. I knew my child prior to removal from the bio parents, and 100% of folks familiar with the case could not understand why the child was not removed MUCH sooner. So a different kind of thing.  They spent a lot of money on my kiddo, too!

I see several older foster kids at the clinic where my son receives occupational therapy.  I know my kid's therapy is expensive and all those children have more profound issues than my child.  Those children are virtually unadoptable also (it's not impossible to find them a family, but it's highly unlikely a special needs teenager will find a home).  So, yeah.  They are costing the state a pretty penny.  CPS would not have removed them unless it was essential for their well being.  Where these crazy CPS conspiracy theories come from is beyond me.  The state doesn't want to steal your kids.  They want you to be a fucking parent and take care of them yourself.

7 hours ago, Howl said:

What will CPS do if she has another kid whilst all the other kids are in foster care?  

Speaking in general terms, different states have different rules about what happens in a scenario where a new baby is born while previous children are in foster care. Some states will immediately remove the baby at birth if there's an open case with children in placement, while others will only remove if the elements of the case that caused the previous removal would directly affect the baby also and otherwise would consider the baby separately.

In this specific case, though, a new baby would almost certainly be removed regardless of the general policy unless the Rembis parents have made significant progress on their case plan that we are not aware of, because the neglect conditions were so extreme and there's no way they could parent safely in that environment.

I can't see any hypothetical in which a new baby would remain in their care if they were to have another child. Their living situation is not one where it's realistic to let them even try to parent a newborn.

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I can't see any hypothetical in which a new baby would remain in their care if they were to have another child. Their living situation is not one where it's realistic to let them even try to parent a newborn.

I can see them fleeing the state prior to the birth and then whining about how CPS forced them to flee and it's Texas's fault they don't have their other kids back.

So I was approved into their secret group. The husband supposedly passed the LCATS and was only a few points away from being eligible for a ivy league schools. They want to do a level 3 school though since Texas Tech is a lot of money and he wont make enough to justify it. They want Boston, Wyoming and Colorado. So it sounds like they want to just leave the kids in state care and move on with life.

15 minutes ago, Jpearson678 said:

So I was approved into their secret group. The husband supposedly passed the LCATS and was only a few points away from being eligible for a ivy league schools. They want to do a level 3 school though since Texas Tech is a lot of money and he wont make enough to justify it. They want Boston, Wyoming and Colorado. So it sounds like they want to just leave the kids in state care and move on with life.

Man, this pisses me right off. There are a million things they should be worried about before "going back to school" even breaks the top 100. 

Alright, looks like they made it to the conference. But worse...on facebook, Claire says,

This is one of the kids' favorite songs & it's #RachelFaagutu & her awesome hubby. Sweet little Aurora cried when we told her that CPS would not allow her to come with us to the conference. Her favorite artist is #MistyEdwards. So... this is for her & all the kids. We are praying to be able to grab a photo w/Misty & hopefully a video of her performing. Soon, our precious babies. Soon you will also get to attend OneThing in person 

Why even tell them about it?

And would they have had tickets anyway? Could they even have afforded them? This is so beyond.

And they're livestreaming the performers which seems really rude to me.

You know, one day sweet little Aurora is going to realize that the real reason she wasn't allowed to go to the conference was because her parents couldn't get their shit into something even remotely resembling together. And that the money they could have spent on getting it together was instead spent on a conference where mummy and daddy got a weekend to avoid their responsibilities. 

1 hour ago, Antimony said:

And would they have had tickets anyway? Could they even have afforded them?

I believe the tickets came from God, as did their gas money to get there. 

I could be wrong.

if I was trying to get my kids back it'd be totally elbows and asses to get my shit together. I sure as hell wouldn't be running off to some conference...unless it was a case conference where I'd be finding out and doing EXACTLY what I had to do to get my kids home. 

8 hours ago, Jpearson678 said:

I'm going to call BS on this. 1. Assuming he used the term LCAT (and this was not a typo), it's actually LSAT and any real potential law student knows this.  2. Your LSAT score doesn't tell you,  standing alone, what law school you'll get into.  Your undergrad GPA, you're life/work experience, etc., are just as, if not more important.  3. Third-tier schools (affectionately and unfairly know as 3rd tier toilet schools) are NOT cheaper.  Some of them are ridiculously expensive--up there worth the Ivies--and way more than Texas Tech (whose in-state tuition is about 25K) and which is considered a TTT school by many. Why not stay put and get the resident rate? Because this guy is a lying liar who lies. 

Sorry, I know these are minor points in this situation, but these lies are so stupid...argggh!

I'm going to call BS on this. 1. Assuming he used the term LCAT (and this was not a typo), it's actually LSAT and any real potential law student knows this.  2. Your LSAT score doesn't tell you,  standing alone, what law school you'll get into.  Your undergrad GPA, you're life/work experience, etc., are just as, if not more important.  3. Third-tier schools (affectionately and unfairly know as 3rd tier toilet schools) are NOT cheaper.  Some of them are ridiculously expensive--up there worth the Ivies--and way more than Texas Tech (whose in-state tuition is about 25K) and which is considered a TTT school by many. Why not stay put and get the resident rate? Because this guy is a lying liar who lies. 
Sorry, I know these are minor points in this situation, but these lies are so stupid...argggh!

Not a typo and I was actually thinking on this is the shower I was like its the MCAT and LSAT. Yeah weird place for that thought to pop into my head. Sorry if tmi.

15 hours ago, Jpearson678 said:

They want Boston, Wyoming and Colorado.

Like they (or anyone else) could afford to live in Boston.  

6 hours ago, Jpearson678 said:

Not a typo and I was actually thinking on this is the shower I was like its the MCAT and LSAT. Yeah weird place for that thought to pop into my head. Sorry if tmi.

Not odd at all.  I have occasional FJ insights while riding my bike, and stuff just pops into my mind.  

I would be so curious if the Rembis child juggernaut has grifted before with their other CPS encounters.  When I first heard about the Rembis family, it seemed crazy that the dad would be trying to go to law school with that many kids around.  Then I thought maybe he was going to go through the paralegal program @ Texas Tech, which seemed much more doable for them.  

Then there was something about the admissions time line that seemed totally off.  I coordinated admissions for a large grad program at a public university during my working days.  IIRC, I got the impression that William Rembis was admitted for law school Spring admission, but checking on line, Texas Tech Law does not have Spring admission for new law students.  

Anyway, we'll find out at the January hearing if CPS will keep the kids or they will be reunited as a family. 

Sweet little Aurora cried when we told her that CPS would not allow her to come with us to the conference.

ICE (I Can't Even), Claire.  "We're going to have the bestest most fun while horrible evil CPS is making you stay here and continue to suffer in a group home foster care."  The conflict these kids are going through must be off the charts.  I think the conference is going on right now (Dec 28 - 31).    

Yeah, my sister and bil went to a "3rd tier" law school and between them have a quarter of a million in tuition debt. Like I said, they don't want their kids back, they just don't want to look bad. I bet they like the peace and quiet. Assholes.

Locally, we have two law schools .The Tier  I school is a state school, so cheaper if you're a resident. The Tier II school has a better reputation locally, since they take a skill-based, rather than more academic approach. The students might not end up being publish in law reviews, but they know how to do important things like file a motion. If he's actually going for law school, he's going tier III because he has no chance in hell at a tier I or II school accepting him. Hell, tier II is a long shot. I suspect one look at his public FB posts and they will be backing away. Too many conspiracy theories, including how 9/11 was an inside job and pizzagate is real.

You know, I was really rooting for these parents to turn it around and get their kids back. Not because they're good parents - they're clearly wholly inadequate - but because with the situation the kids are in, if their mom and dad could get it together to maintain even minimum basic safety, that's probably the best outcome for them.

Few if any of these kids are likely to get adopted if their parents' rights are terminated. A few of them might luck out, but as old as some of them are, with such a significant neglect history and probably very unhealthy attachment patterns, it's just not realistic to think adoption is a possible outcome for most of them.

Nor will the siblings ever live together again if not with their parents. It's simply not possible to find a foster home that can take so many children. At least in my area a sibling group of 2-3 is hard to place, and any more than that just won't be able to stay together. Sibling groups are also far more likely to have disrupted placements for behavioral reasons. It's not the foster parents' fault - caring for these children is extremely difficult, and piling on that many of them would be beyond almost anyone's breaking point - but it is what it is. Nor would most group homes be able to accommodate them all together. For example, at the group home where I work, we don't have enough beds for all the Rembis children alone even if we (hypothetically) kicked all the other children out, nor would all the Rembis kids fall into the age range we're allowed to accept. If parental rights are terminated, the Rembis kids are going to be split, period. At best they'll have some sibling contact, but even that would be difficult to maintain with them scattered to so many different places.

If the parents could be minimally adequate, at least the kids could stay together in a permanent family-based home. Unfortunately, the parents don't seem to be trying to hit even that extremely low standard, and with this latest development they seem to be rubbing it in the kids' faces that they aren't even trying and the kids aren't their priority.

I'm starting to question whether the parents even believe their own BS at this point. I mean, put yourself in that mindset for a moment... imagine you truly believe your children have been kidnapped by hostile forces. You believe they have been sexually molested and physically abused by being improperly restrained while in that environment. You believe that their medical needs are being ignored and they are at risk of serious long-term harm from that. You are possibly their source of education - though maybe not, since the homeschooling while in foster care claim seems to have been quietly dropped. Imagine you truly think your kids have been taken by extremely dangerous people and are at major risk of harm.

Do you go on vacation? Do you leave the state for four days? Do you make it so if there's an emergency, you're too far away to respond in a timely manner? Do you have fun going to hear musicians and refreshing yourself by taking a break? 

You don't. You just don't. They're not acting like people who are legitimately paranoid. They're acting like people who have frankly stopped giving a crap or even pretending to give a crap.

@Mercer Even worse, since they are treating this as a huge publicity stunt, they are making it harder for families who are legitimately being screwed over by CPS. For instance, families where the parents are required to have a job, but the only jobs they can get lack the flexibility to allow them to complete other portions of their case plan, such as skills classes or regular visitation. But their stories are being overshadowed by flashy loudmouths like the Rembis family or the Nauglers.

8 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Yeah, my sister and bil went to a "3rd tier" law school and between them have a quarter of a million in tuition debt. Like I said, they don't want their kids back, they just don't want to look bad. I bet they like the peace and quiet. Assholes.

And yet I'm told that not wanting children is unbelievably selfish...

@Mercer Excellent post. I'm sad that the Rembis kids will remain permanently split, but hopefully they can manage to maintain contact if parental rights are terminated. Do we know anything about the grandparents or aunts and uncles? I wonder if a kinship placement might be a possibility?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Isn't IHOP a cult?  I think I saw a 20/20 on them...

Yup! (We talked a little about them a page or 2 back)

Just what the Rembis kids need....parents in a cult.  

Here 8s more info on IHOP.  I had never heard of them before FJ. Very scary. 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:06 AM, Joyleaf said:

The Rembis want you to pray for them to get money for gas. Because that's how you get money, through praying and miracles.
From her facebook page

"Pray for us! Just got word of a miracle....

Tickets ($150 value) were just donated to us for this years' #OneThing2016 conference!

Please pray for gas $ ($75-$100) so we can attend. It's in Kansas City, me & hubby! Four days straight soaking in the presence of our Heavenly Father & BFF Jesus <3 We promise to bring you livestreaming!!!"

Not sure why soaking in god's presence isn't possible elsewhere, but this is the convention page:
http://www.ihopkc.org/onething/

Wow! Too bad they weren't playing in Hawaii! They will have to do with four days inKansas City. Sigh. 

They only got two tickets anyway. No way one of those scumbags would give it up for thier daughter. They can't be botherd to do the bare minimum to get their kids back.

These parents don't care at all what happens to their children. I cared more about the spider that I carried out last night then they do about their children. They're cruel and that upsets me. I don't have kids but I can't imagine being like "Oh I get to go do all sorts of fun things and you get to miss it." What the absolute fuck!

And there's this: If William Rembis does indeed have a job, how could be get time off to go to this conference?  Hmmmm.....

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived