IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

That's not how it is in my state. The norm is for new babies to be taken when there is an open case. Especially if they are not making good progress in the case. In my 6 years working in the field. I've only seen new babies not get removed a handful of times, and a few of those ended up getting taken eventually. Also here the automatically take a new baby if TPR was ever completed on previous children. Relinquishment is different. I'd say 90% of parents here eventually relinquish. This is Nebraska. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska does a better job of protecting children than Arizona then. Even the baby that was taken because the pregnant mother tested positive for drugs was returned as soon as she had a negative drug test (all of her other children had been permanently removed). It was really hard for my BIL and his wife who had taken a newborn, addicted to amphetamines, and gotten him through withdrawals just in time to hand him back.

In my state, no matter what the parent has done, it's now illegal to deny visitation.  Supervised visitation may be ordered, but you can no longer keep a parent from seeing their kid even if there was abuse.  It's ridiculous.  And I live in a very conservative state that has been fighting tooth and nail to outlaw abortion because they just care so much about kids.  Right.  They care about fetuses.  Once the baby is born, they consider it a possession of the parents and don't give a flying fuck about its well being.  Quite frankly, I doubt they even care about the fetus.  More like they care about controlling women.

All of this depends on the state, but in mine if there is an open case, a newborn will be taken into state custody. Also, they will take a newborn into custody if TPR was done on other children within the same year and the reasons for taking the original kids into care still exist.

I've been fostering a baby (4 months when he came, now 6 months) whose parents have done way less than these fools. Surprised they stayed under the radar as long as they did.

Holy Mary Mother of God! :my_sick:! I just fell down this rabbit hole and I feel so bad for these kids. They are going to be so messed up if they get to be reunited with their parents. There's absolutely no reason that these parents should be allowed to have their kids back. If you can't brush your kids hair, can't feed them, can't meet their basic needs then you absolutely should not have children. And we aren't even talking about the trash hole or the placenta in the tub. Yuck yuck yuck! 

Checked in on the Claire Elizabeth Rembis page for updates.  Back in September, a woman who had been a CASA  (Court Appointed Special Advocate) recommended getting a CASA to be a representative for the boys that are (according to Claire) being bullied or are in detention for not agreeing to getting a hair cut.  Another commenter quickly noted that CASAs are just an evil extension of CPS.   Well, maybe yes, because they are advocating for the BEST INTERESTS OF THE CHILD, which in these folks mind is evil as evil can be.  The woman commenter who had served as a CASA representative in the past was quickly shot down.  

There's a bit of SovCit going on here as well.  Back in Sept., the Rembis parents served a form titled Violation Warning: Denial of Rights under Color of Law on the CPS worker and her supervisor.  A poster to her fb said to be sure and send it certified mail to the CPS workers and the judge.  Another instructed to her to pay to have it served as a warrant.  Another poster wandered off into Natural Citizens territory, talking about how the government can create an identity from the birth certificate that isn't the REAL PERSON. 

There's also a bit of hand wringing about the possibility that the public schools are using COMMON CORE.  OMG! 

Meanwhile, no discussion about meeting the court's requirements for getting the children returned. 

They don't feed their children but they are freaking out about Common Core? Typical! They failed the first rule of parenting - feed your child. (Second rule is change diapers/ provide toilet.) 

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

They don't feed their children but they are freaking out about Common Core? Typical! 

Yes, it is called distraction. 

It is like discussing whether Trump is fit for presidential responsibilities, while ignoring whether he is fit to exist outside of prison, since he obviously can't keep his hands of women.

Strangely silent in Rembis-land, other than a post about a family that seems to be "identical" to theirs. Apparently they're working the conspiracy angle full bore. Looks like they haven't gotten the kids back yet.

6 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Looks like they haven't gotten the kids back yet.

My understanding is that the next hearing isn't until January -- is that correct? If they've been going to parenting classes and doing all the other things they are required to do by the court, and are solvent and can show they have decent housing for the kids -- in other words, check every box required by the court, they should have a full house after the hearing. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

My understanding is that the next hearing isn't until January -- is that correct? If they've been going to parenting classes and doing all the other things they are required to do by the court, and are solvent and can show they have decent housing for the kids -- in other words, check every box required by the court, they should have a full house after the hearing. 

I sure hope nobody is holding their breath. 

42 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I sure hope nobody is holding their breath. 

In the placenta pool room you may have to hold your breath.:puke-front:

It's my dream that those children are fed, properly clothed, fully vaccinated, and educated at one of Lubbock's public schools. Basically, that they get to glimpse life beyond weirdo land.

It's laughable that the dad will be allowed to attend TTU School of Law. He might be hired as the janitor at Wayland Baptist or South Plains College. Of course, Rusty Yates was admitted into law school so who am I to say? Ugh, the thought of Rusty Yates makes me feel ill...will now be focusing on kitties, puppies, and other nice things.....

3 hours ago, starfish said:

It's my dream that those children are fed, properly clothed, fully vaccinated, and educated at one of Lubbock's public schools. Basically, that they get to glimpse life beyond weirdo land.

I completely agree! These kids have been through enough already, they should get to live a normal life where they won't have to worry about running the next time CPS is called or getting beaten. This story hurts me. 

Kitties and toebeans or placenta in a kiddie pool. I know which I'd prefer to view.

Curse you, autocorrect.  I am NOT a pool with a placenta in it. Ew.

Mom is whining on the FB page about how they are not allowed to celebrate a child's birthday ON her birthday, because it falls on a weekend and how cruel of CPS to think a child's b-day is not important... I suspect more they're theinking about the fact that a weekend will mean fewer resources available to supervise the parents, who have already fled the state once with their kids. 

Mom is whining on the FB page about how they are not allowed to celebrate a child's birthday ON her birthday, because it falls on a weekend and how cruel of CPS to think a child's b-day is not important... I suspect more they're theinking about the fact that a weekend will mean fewer resources available to supervise the parents, who have already fled the state once with their kids. 

And CPS has the right to do that. The parents have been found unable to care for their children and it really does not seem like they are changing anything in order to get them back. Plenty of families change around their schedules to celebrate birthdays it's not a big deal!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived