IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

Looks like it was a hit and run...like a paragraph of bullshit would stop us...

Come on back and attempt to defend yourself, OK? You're allowed to do that here. Most, if not all, here are pretty open-minded and if we're wrong, we'll admit it. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Come on back and attempt to defend yourself, OK? You're allowed to do that here. Most, if not all, here are pretty open-minded and if we're wrong, we'll admit it. 

Yeah I would be extremely interested if they came back and had back up for anything that they say. I doubt that will happen though. @CPS Texas is Corrupt! seems to be one of those "You're the worst people ever! You hate Christians" flouncers. 

@CPS Texas is Corrupt! didn't really do much research, eh?  There are many Christians here, silly. Which is moot. Because the fact that you are Christian is completely irrelevant. It's more about, you know, that pesky little issue of child neglect. 

Plus, we are actually very nice people!  That's why we care about your kids!!

Ha, CPS is corrupt? Maybe you might think so if it happened once, for unclear reasons, but when there has been reports and CPS involvement in multiple states, all saying similar things, reports spanning over a decade, they obviously have a point.

Somehow I doubt that I'd count as Christian in their eyes. So many seem to think that belief in Jesus is not the only prerequisite for being Christian. Then again, I don't count those that ignore Jesus' actual words over Old Testament teaching as Christians, so there's that...

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Heck, there's an example right on this thread! (Which I suspect our hit and run complainer did not read). I speculated they were using nonsense treatment for their son's epilepsy. When I was wrong, I posted the correct information.  But this is what happens when a family wants their case tried in the court of public opinion. The public gets to have opinions and it might not be the ones the family wants.

Eh, he/she knows we're right in what we say, so he/she won't be back.  Typical reaction of someone who is guilty but doesn't want to admit it.

I'm just saying if that poster wanted hand holding and love for all, he/she came to the wrong place! 

21 hours ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

You're judging and posting about entire families by what some yahoos write about them or show on TV.

Most of the time, the "yahoos" are the families themselves.

6 hours ago, Terrie said:

But this is what happens when a family wants their case tried in the court of public opinion. The public gets to have opinions and it might not be the ones the family wants.

Exactly. I would never have even heard of this family if they'd just kept their heads down and worked their plan. Instead they dragged their situation into the media and onto social media. When you expose yourself publicly like that, you have to be prepared that people will have an opinion... and that opinion very well may be a disagreeing one.

23 hours ago, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

I'll probably be banned for life from this shitty site now! Oh how horrible! How will I ever go on?

You might as well go as you undoubtedly have nothing to contribute.  Au reservoir!

On Saturday, November 05, 2016 at 3:20 PM, CPS Texas is Corrupt! said:

What's really weird is how preoccupied all you posters on this site are with people you know nothing about. Do you know the Duggars? The Nauglers? The Rembis'? No! You're judging and posting about entire families by what some yahoos write about them or show on TV. It's called "sensationalism" and is not an accurate representation of reality. This whole website is fucking weird! Who the hell creates a message board just to flame people with alternative lifestyles? And it looks like this site specifically targets Christians. Hatemongering for hatemongers. That's awesome! It worked for Hitler too didn't it?

I'll probably be banned for life from this shitty site now! Oh how horrible! How will I ever go on?

Yes. We all know there shitty and fucked up. Cps does have corruption. I'm a foster parent so I do know they have corruption. BUT come on . These kids were removed because their parents are fucking shitty. Cps did their job by keeping the kids safe. Something their own parents won't do

On 11/6/2016 at 1:48 PM, Granwych said:

.  Au reservoir!

I'm sure this was an auto correct issue. If not, it's still hilarious!!

8 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I'm sure this was an auto correct issue. If not, it's still hilarious!!

Actually, no, it's just my way of saying "Go jump in the lake."

@CPS Texas is Corrupt! hi! I upvoted you because I want you to know you are welcome to come here and say your part. I may not like it, but I am willing to hear you out and thoughtfully consider what you have to say. Hurling insults won't get you very far here, or anywhere.

If you are a Rembis, for the sake ofargument let's say that CPS is indeed corrupt. Unfortunately, they hold the power and you will have to decide to either swallow your pride and play along, or continue as you are and continue to be separated from your children. Your children must miss you and wonder why you won't take the steps required to get them back. You can think what you want of me, from where I am sitting (which is on my couch with my son) it looks like you must not care much about your kids. Perhaps you like the break from them. What do you do all day without the kids? Are you enjoying your alone time? Enjoying the extra money you must have with not having to feed your kids? That's what it looks like. Heck, maybe your kids are better off without you. I bet they are learning lots of new things. I wonder if they are questioning all you taught them? Anyway, I'm about to read a few chapters of Charlotte's Web to my littles. Have a good night in your nice quiet home!

• 3 weeks later...

Per the video on the family page, they were booted out of the hospital last night while the "baby" as they refer to him (looks about 15 or so to me) was in again for seizures.

They just make every thing so damned difficult, do what the court tells you, feed your kids, give them a decent home, and don't fucking run off with all of them when things get to hot for you!

What a bunch of liars. The court order doesn't say they have to leave? Well, no, but it doesn't say they get to stay, either. The hospital wanted them to leave because it was late, they don't have custody (despite lying and saying they did) and they have a history of trying to flee with the kids. They really seem to think everyone is obligated to bend over backwards for them. 

All hospitals have visiting hours. They'll call you if you're needed or if something is going seriously wrong! These people are just throwing fits because once again they want special treatment. Well big fucking deal! We all want something in life you don't always get it. 

31 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

We all want something in life you don't always get it. 

Like I would tell my kids "want in one hand, shit in the other, see which one gets full first"

Yeah...I could be a real bitch.

9 hours ago, Miss M said:

Per the video on the family page, they were booted out of the hospital last night while the "baby" as they refer to him (looks about 15 or so to me) was in again for seizures.

They just make every thing so damned difficult, do what the court tells you, feed your kids, give them a decent home, and don't fucking run off with all of them when things get to hot for you!

If they had taken care of their kids in the first place, they wouldn't be in this situation now.  This whole fiasco is of their own doing.  I have no sympathy for them.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:01 PM, Carm_88 said:

All hospitals have visiting hours. They'll call you if you're needed or if something is going seriously wrong! These people are just throwing fits because once again they want special treatment. Well big fucking deal! We all want something in life you don't always get it. 

Heck, when my brother was in the hospital with pneumonia, my parents didn't get to stay all day and night and my dad worked in that same hospital.

13 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Heck, when my brother was in the hospital with pneumonia, my parents didn't get to stay all day and night and my dad worked in that same hospital.

My brother was on life support and we still had to clear out. That's policy. 

While I totally agree that seizures are frightening, I don't think that these parents are communicating honestly (big surprise).  Seizures are complicated and people evolve.  What works to prevent seizures one month (or one day) might not work at another time.  Medications must be adjusted. That's why most people with epilepsy have long-term relationships with neurologists (who would also know about platelet conditions) and see them on a regular basis.  If the parents had been getting regular medical attention for this condition, his medical history would already be in the charts.

Stress can certainly exacerbate any kind of underlying condition, so that may well be a factor in what is going on -- or why the medical personnel decided that the parents needed to go.  Everything about them wreaks of attention whores, not calm, collected parents who would be good to have nearby in a crisis.  

ETA: seizures can also impact short (or long) term memory.  Depending on the severity, he might not remember taking his meds simply due to the seizures.  

On 11/29/2016 at 7:42 PM, Miss M said:

They are working hard to maintain victim status, which will do zip for them at the next hearing, which is just over a month away -- mid January IIRC -- anyone remember the date?  All the pearl clutching histrionic hand wringing will not be helpful if they have not followed the plan set out by CPS.  We can expect lots of heart wrenching fb posts because they can't have Christmas with the kids.  I'll say here that I think the Rembis' love their children to the best of their capabilities, as many parents to.  However, when you start to multiply the effect of your personal instabilities among eleventy kids.....

For those familiar with how CPS works -- if they are awarded custody in January, does CPS continue to monitor them closely?  

I highly doubt they will regain custody in January. They are not following the court ordered plan in order to get the kids back. Either they have no understanding of how the legal system works or they only want the kids back under their own terms.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived