IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

I never saw much chemistry between Jessa and Ben either.  And I am pretty sure that if we were to go back on here we would find a lot of posts about that because I remember discussing it.  There were times, especially when Ben was being all gooey eyed and such that Jessa looked like she could barely stand him.  Closer to the wedding, their chemistry got better but throughout most of the courting it was off.  But,  Of course this was all before we knew about the molestations.  TO me,  of all the girls,  Jessa has very rigid and stiff posture and body language.  Not saying it is or isn't related, but I when the scandal broke, it sort of explained Jessa to me more.  She has always seemed very guarded and not spontaneous. 

I do think that in this weeks show,  she actually seemed warmer than I expected around Flame and his wife.  And she seems sweet with her baby.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I never saw much chemistry between Jessa and Ben either.  And I am pretty sure that if we were to go back on here we would find a lot of posts about that because I remember discussing it.  There were times, especially when Ben was being all gooey eyed and such that Jessa looked like she could barely stand him.  Closer to the wedding, their chemistry got better but throughout most of the courting it was off.  But,  Of course this was all before we knew about the molestations.  TO me,  of all the girls,  Jessa has very rigid and stiff posture and body language.  Not saying it is or isn't related, but I when the scandal broke, it sort of explained Jessa to me more.  She has always seemed very guarded and not spontaneous. 

I do think that in this weeks show,  she actually seemed warmer than I expected around Flame and his wife.  And she seems sweet with her baby.

I'm not one to speculate on the psychological effects of an obviously traumatic thing that happened to the Duggar girls; Jessa's behavior with Ben when he was being all goo-goo over her reminds me a lot of my behavior when I started dating a guy who behaved in a similar way (over-the-top pronouncements of love, tons of gifts, constantly texting, etc.). I like a little romance, but it was just so cheesy and over-the-top and too much for me. It felt false and made me uncomfortable. And when I'm uncomfortable, I'm guarded and stiff. I'm guessing that the improvement in chemistry was because either Jessa got better at Keeping Sweet, or Ben finally got it through his thick skull that Jessa isn't into the whole puppy-love crap.

18 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

- Anna a M kids are not really in this season AT ALL. We saw Anna for maybe less than a minute in a TH in the first episode commenting on "making progress" with rebuilding her sorry excuse for a marriage. My guess is that they decided to have Josh completely out of the episodes, including his family and kids, as a last ditch effort to appease the viewer and advertisers and hopefully restore/improve ratings.

I was actually wondering if Anna's headship said something like "Well, if they won't have me, then they won't have any of us." It seems odd she was willing to be filmed during one of the more painful periods of her life but she isn't involved now.  Maybe they just want some privacy, which wouldn't be a bad thing for them all.

30 minutes ago, scribble said:

I was actually wondering if Anna's headship said something like "Well, if they won't have me, then they won't have any of us." It seems odd she was willing to be filmed during one of the more painful periods of her life but she isn't involved now.  Maybe they just want some privacy, which wouldn't be a bad thing for them all.

I don't this is a decision that Anna was allowed to make. This was a TLC thing. How is Josh supporting his family? Wonder if he's cleaning JB's toilets? He does have 7+ right? Also, didn't Jessa mention that Ben only works PT????

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

How is Josh supporting his family?

No doubt JBoob is providing a house, somewhere, and food money.  Anything to keep him quiet, off screen, and non-damaging to what shreds they have left of their "brand."

The silence in that home between the adults must be deafening.

It was probably a mutual agreement between the producers, JB, Josh, and family...hopefully Anna is relieved at not having to be on camera. I think perhaps she was involved in the first series because there was a lot of gossip/speculation about whether she would leave him or not, and having her on the show allowed for her to set the record straight (and possibly earn a bit of pocket grocery money while Josh was in rehab). Now Josh is out of rehab and probably working again (even if it is selling used cars), and maybe they can get by without the show money. Maybe the other kids feel that they shouldn't be in the show/receiving money for appearances at all and that they should benefit instead. JinJer is probably building a nice dowry for their appearances this season.

Let's for one minute think that JB is a normal father (I know, I know, but just try for a minute). All the money made from 19kac should have been divided up (after taking living expenses out) between all the participants , no matter how old, and placed in a trust for them. Then when Counting On came along, the girls should be getting the bulk of the money with the others being paid as they appear. So Josh and Anna should have some money.

Okay, back to reality. JB kept it all, the kids got none, he negotiated the Counting On contract and all the money goes into a single family fund that only JB has access to and he doles it out as he sees fit. Josh and Anna have no money.

5 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Let's for one minute think that JB is a normal father (I know, I know, but just try for a minute). All the money made from 19kac should have been divided up (after taking living expenses out) between all the participants , no matter how old, and placed in a trust for them. Then when Counting On came along, the girls should be getting the bulk of the money with the others being paid as they appear. So Josh and Anna should have some money.

Okay, back to reality. JB kept it all, the kids got none, he negotiated the Counting On contract and all the money goes into a single family fund that only JB has access to and he doles it out as he sees fit. Josh and Anna have no money.

I could imagine JB using the fund as a carrot/stick for controlling the kidults. Don't want to play by the rules and don't have the good fortune (like Jinger) to do it on camera where I can't object or retaliate how I usually would? I cut off your credit/debit card account and stop giving you your allowance.

Though in the case of Josh (and Josh alone -- NOT Anna or the kids, who have done nothing to deserve this), I am completely fine with him being on permanent financial lockdown, seeing as he thinks that $1000 to try to cheat on his wife is an acceptable financial outlay, and I'm sure that's only the tip of the iceberg.

12 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

Not trying to make things up, just giving my opinion. I think Bin is/was definitely interested in Jessa and was willing to do anything to win her. But I can't say I have ever seen the reciprocation from Jessa. Her body language toward him has always seemed off, whereas with Jill & Derick, it's obvious that there is a mutual attraction there. I won't comment on Jinger...enough has already been said about that topic here!

To me, I think Jessa just doesn't know how to react. And I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she had never been the sole focus of someone's affection and attention before - she was constantly competing against 18 other kids for her parents' attention. I think the same can be said about Jill and Jinger - just that they overreacted with excitement instead of tensing up with anxiety or nerves.

That, plus I think Jessa just has a more subdued personality in some ways than Jill and Jinger. I mean, Jinger did say Jessa was uncomfortable meeting new people during the engagement episode. So it could have been that she just wasn't comfortable with the amount of affection Ben was showing (which was a bit much at times) and just didn't really know how to tell him that.

I was watching TLC last night for the first time in forever (yeah, I know..frozen) anyway, we were watching the Jon Benet thing and during the commercials they had the Counting on stuff, and the kids talking, totally threw me off!! (I never watch the show) so unsettling!

On 9/22/2016 at 0:33 AM, evolutionbaby said:

Also, other thoughts on this season.

- Anna a M kids are not really in this season AT ALL. We saw Anna for maybe less than a minute in a TH in the first episode commenting on "making progress" with rebuilding her sorry excuse for a marriage. My guess is that they decided to have Josh completely out of the episodes, including his family and kids, as a last ditch effort to appease the viewer and advertisers and hopefully restore/improve ratings.

- As posted here before, Jessa is totally into Jeremy and passed him along to Jinger as she had already sealed her deal. Her "it's great that we're all best friends" comment totally gave that away. Jessa from the get-go has never seemed that into Bin...the courtship video that they keep playing is super awkward, and I think she went along with it, one, because she was too afraid to say no, and two, she continued on to marriage because there was no way in hell she was going to be "that girl that ended a courtship". I think she likes the idea of being married and being an "adult" but that is a passionless marriage if I ever saw one.

Jess and Ben are passionate behind the scenes - you can see it - Jessa is just a bit obnoxious in all her scenes though 

Jeremy is a douche imo - just everything about him - while Ben is just a dwerb.  But he seems to be happier in his TH's than last season - 

The episode because of the jet lag I haven't watched yet :D

What surprises me is that Jeremy and Jinge are so touchy feeling in courtship - whereas Ben was like he would have exploded all over Jessa if he was that touchy feeling in their courtship - I wonder if they think that Jeremy has no respect for Jinge as Ben had for Jessa.  Or is it to a degree what the woman wants also, because then Jinge must want it badly to be loved while Jessa was like -do it my family's way 

this is the real question 

Joshley and his family are living in the "Guest House" on the Duggar property per the photos they've shared on fb. It looks like the same house.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

I was watching TLC last night for the first time in forever (yeah, I know..frozen) anyway, we were watching the Jon Benet thing and during the commercials they had the Counting on stuff, and the kids talking, totally threw me off!! (I never watch the show) so unsettling!

I totally watched that JonBenet piece too! Nothing on Bravo, so I headed back to TLC for the evening...

Forget the Nielsen ratings--the biggest sign that Counting On is being counted out is that we can't even post enough snark to fill a thread!  Boring is just boring for humpers and haters alike.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Jinger is so Anna it hurts. Love is an open doooooooooooooor....

1. They let Jeremy & Finger touch so they can say "See? The couple has a say in how far they can go?"

2. Bin is supposedly finishing some degree. Reasonable then that he work part-time since, let's be honest, he doesn't have to work. None of us would do differently--we'd focus on school.

3. Josh & Anna. They own a house. If he sells two cars a month they can survive with the tiny property tax, utilities and their standard of food.

4. I want to know why Grandma left. She's never on any more. I thought she was "Super Grandma!" Shouldn't her "wisdom" be necessary to these young brides or is it just "Daddy" who has "wisdom?" I forget.

5. So J/Finger are engaged. No wedding date or registry yet? This whole silly season will be on that? UGH. BABEBABEBABEBABEBABE

42 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Forget the Nielsen ratings--the biggest sign that Counting On is being counted out is that we can't even post enough snark to fill a thread!  Boring is just boring for humpers and haters alike.

But they made it back into the top 100 this week...

COUNTING ON TLC   8:00 PM   1,071    0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/21/tuesday-cable-ratings-september-20-2016/

On 9/21/2016 at 1:42 PM, EmmieJ said:

That sounds so ridiculous - even more than usual for the Duggars.  Why should JB have any say-so regarding the ring.  That should really be between Jinger and what's his name.  Instead, sounds like Jinger will just have to be pleased with whatever ring he picks out, instead of going along and telling him what rings she likes best.

I kinda feel it was a passive aggressive play to let JB know, yet again, this is happening regardless of what he says or does.  And then to rub boob's nose in it all.  

Josh and Anna no longer own the Siloam Springs house.  It was sold after the Ashley Madison scandal.

On 9/22/2016 at 2:33 AM, evolutionbaby said:

- Jeremy is really not that bright is he? Like maybe one notch up on the dimmer switch from Bin, but that's not saying much. Either that or he is just acting foolish for the cameras/attention. I wonder if he behaved the same way during his college/soccer days. Would be interesting to hear from someone who used to know him back then and see if he's a lot different now. I suspect so.

I think he is just trying to sail the waters of JB and the cult.  Once the I do's are said, I think we will see a very minimum of Jerjing as they are going to cut and run.  

1 hour ago, sj3339sta said:

I think he is just trying to sail the waters of JB and the cult.  Once the I do's are said, I think we will see a very minimum of Jerjing as they are going to cut and run.  

I hope this is the case.

I don't think they will run as they likely need money from the show to survive and this doesn't take into account that Jeremy appears to be looking for fame. I doubt he makes much from preaching at his church and he was never a big enough soccer star to have made any significant money. He isn't going to take a 9-5 job. Likely they will become dependent on the show just like everyone else. You don't decide to date a Duggar, court on tv when you are used to dating and be made to look like a fool, if you intend to cut and run. Most likely, they are thinking they can get a Texas spinoff, otherwise I foresee them "settling down" in Arkansas for a few years to ride out the Duggar TV show.

i haven't seen the episode where his apartment was shown but I wonder if that apartment was obtained specifically for the show. How is he affording as it doesn't seem that his church would be able to pay for a full-time pastor?

43 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don't think they will run as they likely need money from the show to survive and this doesn't take into account that Jeremy appears to be looking for fame. I doubt he makes much from preaching at his church and he was never a big enough soccer star to have made any significant money. He isn't going to take a 9-5 job. Likely they will become dependent on the show just like everyone else. You don't decide to date a Duggar, court on tv when you are used to dating and be made to look like a fool, if you intend to cut and run. Most likely, they are thinking they can get a Texas spinoff, otherwise I foresee them "settling down" in Arkansas for a few years to ride out the Duggar TV show.

I hope this isn't true, and that they do try to distance themselves, but it's true he knew about the TV thing going in, so who knows.

PP doesn't have a huge church yet manages to keep himself and his large family in organic butter along with grifting occasional trips to various places, so maybe Jeremy can manage it too. Hopefully without being as terrible a person as PP.

6 hours ago, sj3339sta said:

I kinda feel it was a passive aggressive play to let JB know, yet again, this is happening regardless of what he says or does.  And then to rub boob's nose in it all.  

Yeah I would have expected a whole scene like the "may I court her" scene where he asks permission to ask her to marry her, but instead it's "hey JB come look at the engagement ring I'm buying for your daughter!"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived