IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

Continued from here:

Last post by backyardsylph:

I found it charming, and I think his gushing was genuine, though odd to watch. In our family, making homemade gifts is totally nbd, but for some people, it's not at all usual. I would have done it horizontally, but then, it isn't my type of craft. I sat there and thought about how long it took to tap a zillion nails in all lined up neatly with the side of a wrench and thought, "Nope. I'd rather sew something, or pot a plant I've grown."

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Jeremy never having seen anything like that before, I've only seen one attempt at nail art on the internet, and I expect he'd be in a similar boat. I doubt he'd have a Pinterest.

I liked the artwork. The geography doesn't bother me tbh. My OCD loved how straight all the nails were. That was the first thing I noticed. The nails and how the paint was within lines. I would have, however, preferred she make it horizontally.

The psychology of the kidults is fascinating and deeply depressing.  

Also, Mechelle seemed very, very "off."  Like, somehow sedated or otherwise altered.  Her whole demeanor was really glaringly odd.  

Jim Boob's physical possessiveness over Jinger made me sick to my stomach.  I also felt like there was an undertone of Jeremy knowing more than he lets on and really wanting to get Jinger out of TTH as fast as possible.  It also appears that Jinger wants out and that Boob knows it but can't really do much about it because reasons.  Jeremy's family didn't seem to like the Duggars much. 

40 minutes ago, bucket said:

Also, Mechelle seemed very, very "off."  Like, somehow sedated or otherwise altered.  Her whole demeanor was really glaringly odd.  

Jim Boob's physical possessiveness over Jinger made me sick to my stomach.  I also felt like there was an undertone of Jeremy knowing more than he lets on and really wanting to get Jinger out of TTH as fast as possible.  It also appears that Jinger wants out and that Boob knows it but can't really do much about it because reasons.  Jeremy's family didn't seem to like the Duggars much. 

I was thinking that both Jeremy and jinge were bec towards Jim bod.

i also think that Ben can't be bec towards Jb because Jb provides for him to a degree.

positano is hot and full of people :)

@hollywood. Please, not free Jenny! 

I'm guessing that this site was named after Jinger because she had a spark. We saw the eyerolls and the twinkle in her eye and had the feeling and desire that she would be the first Duggar to break free. I have a sick feeling that Ma and Pa Duggar found out about our website and tried extra hard to break her spirit. Tragically, from what those of you who snark watch the show say, they have succeeded and then some. From your descriptions, I picture her as a shell of the teen we hoped would escape. I have a mental list of those I'd love to see escape for various reasons, but I don't want to mention any names, as I fear the effort to break them would be the greatest, since they have outside champions who want to see them escape.

I finally watched the episode last night. It was just so awkward watching them being all over each other while their parents just silently sat and watched. I'm not even that affectionate towards my husband who I've been with for 9 years in front of my family. I mean I am glad they have chemistry and are into each other, but man is it uncomfortable to watch- especially since they so obviously want to kiss each other. There was one moment where it looked like Jeremy was going to kiss her forehead but then moved his head so it just rested on hers instead. Both Jinger and Jer did not seem impressed with Jim Bob's behavior. 

It's quite interesting to see JB with a suitor who won't be cowed.  His experience as a pastor is showing -- he's able to listen to JB's bullshit and smile and nod just enough.  The younger guys were much easier to force into compliance.  I hope they stay far away from the compound after marriage.

This is also one of the toughest courtships to watch.  Joshly and Anna's handsex was over the top, but these two needed to get a room yesterday.  Hope that chemistry stays strong for them and that they've got a stronger foundation than Bin and Blessa.

48 minutes ago, bucket said:

When JB  kind of grabbed her and there was this back and forth of side hugging....yikes. I have a much bigger issue with side hugging family members than I do with side hugging significant others it sexualizes relationships that shouldn't be sexualized. It makes my skin crawl.

Also...talk about using the word "exquisite" lightly. Jeremy that might craft might be "cute", "thoughtful"...exquisite...no, not really.

3 hours ago, Arix said:

Re: Jeremy never having seen anything like that before, I've only seen one attempt at nail art on the internet, and I expect he'd be in a similar boat. I doubt he'd have a Pinterest.

I hadn't seen nail art like that for decades--had no idea it was back in style!  And then I was in a hipster bar this week and there was a giant nail art panel of a beer logo on the wall.

Just finished watching it and yeah like erm awesome yeah.

JB was truly disgusting, opening Jeremy's  closet was really rude.

I noticed that Jinger got to sit together in the front seat and she had her hand on his arm. Nike. When Benessa were in the truck together, M sat between them. Are they realizing  how stupid their courtship rules are?

Anyway, I think TLC should do a reality show with me knitting. It would be just as exciting.

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

This is also one of the toughest courtships to watch.  Joshly and Anna's handsex was over the top, but these two needed to get a room yesterday.  Hope that chemistry stays strong for them and that they've got a stronger foundation than Bin and Blessa.

I just hope that because Jeremy has had serious relationships in the past he knows how to navigate them better than a teenager in his first relationship. Hopefully he and Jinger have meaningful talks and discuss their feelings, apprehensions, etc. etc. Hopefully he pushes her to think past the family line and actually talk about her hopes for the future and what she wants to do other than have kids for Jesus. You know, what normal people in healthy relationships talk about.

I hope Jinger can finally feel like she can tell him secrets that she can't tell her brothers and sisters for fear that they will tattle on her to Mom and Dad.

40 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I noticed that Jinger got to sit together in the front seat and she had her hand on his arm. Nike. When Benessa were in the truck together, M sat between them. Are they realizing  how stupid their courtship rules are?

Anyway, I think TLC should do a reality show with me knitting. It would be just as exciting.

I'd totally watch that!

I think as each daughter/son courts, I am sure that the "individual" courtship standard/rules will be even more relaxed. I mean, JB and Michelle are 50 years old and if Josie gets married at 20 they will be about 64 years old.

JB and Michelle will get older and less invested in the kids as time goes on. By the time the little ones start courting, there won't be enough Duggars to watch their every move because they'll have their own families to look after.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

But do you have a dark secret in your background? That seems to Be a TLC requirement . :my_blush:

In the car scenes it looked like Jeremy's parents were in the second row and Jim Bob and Michelle were in the third row.  I was thinking, "Please god, let them be facing backwards like the seats in our old station wagon"! 

The visual was killin' me.

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The bolded made me think of a Counting On aftershow where the hosts sit, drink, knit/crochet (or other fun crafts), and bitch about the snoozefest that is Counting On. The title? The FJ Stitch 'n Bitch :martinismiley:

Maybe they'll end with Jinger's wedding. These people are slow with courtships, so more grandchildren news will be episode fodder. I expect TLC will take advantage of her new relationship to crank out content.

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Maybe they'll end with Jinger's wedding. These people are slow with courtships, so more grandchildren news will be episode fodder. I expect TLC will take advantage of her new relationship to crank out content.

Weddings and babies - about all they have really.  

My almost 12 year old is getting stir crazy, starting Friday evenings. She wants to DO SOMETHING. Physical or entertainment. We regularly take her to movies & other events. I think it normal development for a teen/teen. 

Can you imagine the antsiness of the Duggars? The kids never go anywhere alone or with just friends. Some of them must be bouncing off the walls. They need to get out among people & have normal fun instead of focusing on the hyper religious life & marriage & babies.

There is so much more to life & they have not been exposed to it. If Jinger does have a more free life after marriage, great. But I wonder if she'll be paralyzed with choosing a movie or restaurant or any routine choice. How do you go from being treated like a little kid to adult, instantly?

15 hours ago, season of life said:

JB and Michelle will get older and less invested in the kids as time goes on. By the time the little ones start courting, there won't be enough Duggars to watch their every move because they'll have their own families to look after.

Josie can watch over spud courting 

17 hours ago, sunshine said:

I think as each daughter/son courts, I am sure that the "individual" courtship standard/rules will be even more relaxed. I mean, JB and Michelle are 50 years old and if Josie gets married at 20 they will be about 64 years old.

I agree, but can you imagine the level of resentment that will trigger in the older kidults?  Let's just take Jessa, for example.  Years from now, will she feel that if she had been allowed more contact with Bin (physical and emotional, etc) prior to marriage, she would have been able to make a more informed choice as to whether he was 'the one' for her?

Quick comment on nail art - I'm not on Pintrest or anything and I had never seen nail art of any kind and had no idea it was a thing. I thought it looked pretty cool and I was most gratified by the straightness and tidiness. I would never actually attempt one and now I understand what Jinger does with all her free time. I guess the courting person can't do their chores because they have crafts to make.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived