IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I know what a checkered flag is for, but I can definitely start a charcoal fire, and never use lighter fluid at all. ;-)

Jinger and Jeremy have already locked lips. There's no way they haven't.

I want to see Jessa run off with Flame. I also want the Duggars to never, EVER play violins again. 

On second thought . . . maybe Jana could run off with Flame.

Counting on "Surprise!" We will now place a person of color in situations we think they should find awkward - cuz duggars

Part 4

Bin crams spurge into a carrier. They get in a minivan.  This is payback because last time they got to see flame's world.

Jessa wants a piano because she always had one. she wants to work up her skillz and "our kids" to have that talent. Spurgeon is excited because... 

Bin - he has a lot of musical talent.

Redneck "gets some beats" for flame.  Flame starts to rap and spurge stares... He looks like boob

Bin takes him to the banjos and flame tries to play it.  Bin says the banjo isnt going to christian rap.  Jessa picks up a guitar and she agrees to teach flame a chord.  She touches his fingers and he plays a chord. 

Flame plays other instruments.  Bin says they are instruments he probably hasnt "come in contact with much."

They go to the TTH...

Flame is an only child and crystal only has one sibling.

Michelle is holding a baby. Wearing an apron WTF?

Flame says "welcome to the culture clash."

Jessa asks the kids to come play for flame.  They all line up with the orchestra... Jana on piano.  Flame kind of dances in his seat.

Crystal - it was unique to see kids play instrument... 

The j'kids dont like rap music.  They like country.

JInger and joy dont think there is much chello.

JD - I eat chicken/turkey wraps.  I eat wraps.

They end... flame tries the cello.  He used to play... I'm not sure what he plays. They clap.

They all go to the "job site" to see what the boys are working on.  Flame is not dressed for "outside work" (jeans and a t shirt).  They give him a medium red arkansas shirt.

Jessa explains the guys ad the little girls share a closet off the laundry toom.  He puts on boots, jeans, and the shirt.

Bin - he looked different

Flame puts on a "cowboy" hat - he looks amish.  No one else is wearing a hat.

They get in the truck and tow some form of heavy machinery.  Possibly a bulldozer type machine.  

Bin - flame is outside of his comfort zone. He used to do brick laying, but this is all new.

JD puts him in a backhoe to pull out fence posts.  He backs up and drives near some cars.  He pulls out some posts.  I'm not sure why you needed a backhow for a piece of metal.

Josiah - he did well.  I was surprised. I guess driving in the city, you have to keep your eyes open.

Back at the TTH crystal gets a tour of jana's garden.  There are a lot of things growing.  It looks pretty significant.  They pick a TON of tomatoes.

Jessa freaks out at a cricket. And again, another bug...

They give crystal stuff to take home.

Farmer flame keeps driving.   He digs in dirt.  He doesnt know when he'd use these skillz again but he'd come.

The girls drive up.  Crystal says he looks like a farmer.  They drive off.

The sun sets....

At jessa's house its time to leave.  Bin gives flame a gift -  its a mug wtih "arkansas" on it. 

Bin - I think they liked country life.  It was good to see him out of his element.  We love them.

Flame - we had a great stay

crystal - its green and different than city life.

flame - maybe later in life I'll like this pace, but now I'll stick to city life

Next week - Bin's football camp! Jinger skypes with jeremy.  JInger is going to NY to see jeremy's family (we know they get engaged from teh internetz)

YAWN

A collection of thoughts:

"They were given permission to communicate directly" because, you know, if you're going to potentially marry someone, you shouldn't be allowed to communicate with them. You know. Because that makes sense.

Also, I appreciate that he's mentioning that they got to know each other a lot before the courtship. Maybe it's not true (or at least, it's different from the majority of our relationships on this forum) but it's not just two weeks and ~*tRuE lOvE*~ 

Jeremy called Jinger simple but elegant. Simple isn't a compliment I'd want directed at me, personally, but whatever floats your boat.

Also, 5.5 ring size? Jinger's hands are almost as tiny as mine! (4.5-5, depending on the finger over here).

Has Jeremy even asked Jimboob if he could marry Jinger yet? Like, they always make a big deal of that. And while it's an archaic tradition dating back to woman as property, I fully expect the future Mr. Elliott to ask my father (what can I say? I'm old-fashioned). But, you know. Whatever flips your pancake.

Surprising Jinger at the taco place was pretty adorable, even with all the BAAAAAAAAAABE-ing. Her reaction seemed genuine, with a little double-take, a front hug, and tears. Whatever tickles your pickle.

Ben ate Jinger's taco, I assume he thought it was Jessa's. Seriously?

Jessa would have NEVER been able to get into the same bumper boat as Ben when they were courting- Jimbob would have pitched a fit. I'm glad they get that small freedom. As for the siblings spraying them with water guns... well, I wouldn't expect anything less of younger siblings. 

Michelle has a hideous green apron on, to match her hideous green shirt. Whatever bastes your turkey.

Oh hey, they have a pretty extensive garden. I wonder Jana actually created and maintains it, but it looks really good, even the tomatoes! Anyone worth their salt hand-waters tomatoes from the bottom, and that's way more effort than I would ever expect from a Duggar.

Ben is actually doing the football camp. I'm not shocked that their numbers are lacking. I mean, whatever butters your biscuit.

Aaaaaaand I'm done.

7 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Jessa would have NEVER been able to get into the same bumper boat as Ben when they were courting- Jimbob would have pitched a fit. 

Or Michelle would have wedged herself in between them, like the time she did in Ben's truck

Invite JB to buy a ring???? Don't want to do stuff behind his back??? 

How romantic! Gag. These guys better get used to doing stuff without JB. Next thing we know he'll be behind the door on the wedding night. 

I thought it was interesting how the communal closet/now private closets for adult girls (??) and the garden were worked into the show, as both have been discussed here.

PS ... has this happened before?

Or should I just go make a new tin foil hat?! (My last one got rumpled with moving the Naugler's cabin.)

2 hours ago, scribble said:

Wait, what? Is "Central America" closer to Arkansas than Texas all of the sudden?

Wisdom booklets. CA is c!oser because...oh, I can't think of a good reason.

First post here. I found it interesting how Jimbob seemed to be the last one invited to the Jewlers. He arrived late. Clearly he's not running this mans agenda like the others. He appears super uncomfortable, and I think , or am more hoping, Jeremy is paying homage to Jimbob by including him, as in honouring him by "including" him at the Jewlers. To me, by the way it was filmed and edited seems Jeremy is taking some ground by not letting Jimbob run the show.

I also thought Josie was totally freaked out to have Flame in her house. She probably has never been exposed to someone as animated and real as he is.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa asks the kids to come play for flame.  They all line up with the orchestra... Jana on piano.  Flame kind of dances in his seat.

Crystal - it was unique to see kids play instrument... 

The j'kids dont like rap music.  They like country.

JInger and joy dont think there is much chello.

JD - I eat chicken/turkey wraps.  I eat wraps.

Can we just take a second to talk about JD's contribution? :huh:

3 hours ago, cathgrl1 said:

If Bin is going to eat anyone's taco, it should be Jessa's.

Thank you, I'm not the only one here thinking this, I'm laughing all Bevis & Butthead like every time I see the word taco.

3 hours ago, cathgrl1 said:

Geography at SOTDRT.

Do they also teach that Alaska is the island next to Hawaii?

Jinger's ring size is 5.5 and Jeremy just happened to find the perfect ring in her size? Yeah, right. I'm a 4.5 and we had to wait a good week for my engagement ring (we were all modern and went to pick it out together :P) because the smallest size the shop had wouldn't have even fit my thumb.

I'm pretty sure it's standard for rings to come in large sizes (tungsten excepted, as it can't be re-sized) because it's easier to make them smaller than bigger.

4 hours ago, alba said:

Jinger's ring size is 5.5 and Jeremy just happened to find the perfect ring in her size? Yeah, right. I'm a 4.5 and we had to wait a good week for my engagement ring (we were all modern and went to pick it out together :P) because the smallest size the shop had wouldn't have even fit my thumb.

I'm pretty sure it's standard for rings to come in large sizes (tungsten excepted, as it can't be re-sized) because it's easier to make them smaller than bigger.

I'm a 5 and had to special order mine.  The chance of the "perfect" ring just HAPPENING to be sitting in the display case at a random shop is pretty much zero.  Considering the random array of coins, hobby material etc it kind of reminds me of a pawn shop - he has what he has.  

4 hours ago, alba said:

They'll generally have whole sizes; I got a 6 a few times and then had it resized to 5.5. At a place like Marshall's or something, they'll sometimes have half sizes, but they're limited, of course.

I guess that's the thing that makes these reenactments so odd. They are reenactments sometimes, right? So they went through all this twice, and the second time the ring was done? It makes it all seem so awkward and false.

I know my husband just walked into the store, explained to the jeweller what he was looking for, checked out a few rings, found the perfect one (very similar to Jinger's), they already had my size so walked right out with the ring. So it can definitely happen. But this being the Duggars and their unreality TV show, I'm still willing to bet it was staged.

Did you catch the part where JB told Jeremy to get a part time job? OMG.

"B/c Jinger likes to shop in thrift stores." That left Jeremy totally confused.

He really isn't a fundie. He talks about "their ways." And he doesn't have a clue that wrapping his arm around Jinj is freaking them out.

I suppose TLC is paying for his air fare? Not on what he makes. Did you see that apartment?

They will be bumping into each other.

I think Jeremy respects their way of life and maybe wants to be more like them. In last weeks episode when they showed his parents his mother was wearing pants. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived