IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

I'm watching baseball.  This episode sounds so exciting that I'm guessing I made the right choice.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think the guest house is on the front 40.  It's in one of the commercial looking buildings out front of the main house.

Why do they need to redo the pool house?  Have the monkeys nearly destroyed it already?  Plus why does Jill always get the primo accommodations?  I hope they packed everything before they left danger America since it looks like Jill has no plans to return or at least not for quite awhile.

I think it's a plot line and for TLC to lend JB some money and for Jana to have a plot. 

as for the th's I wonder if they ever feel foolish that they don't know normal answers.  

Yeah, I think it's another "tree house."  Just something for Jana to do and fill time.

Counting On -  BABE and more balls - part 3

Bin/Jessa/Spurge arrive at Steve's house.  Bin meets more black people (see a theme?)  They eat beans, mac n cheese, and ribs.

Bin TH - We have a great squad of players and coaches for this event.

The "team" is introduced, some are actual FB players, that makes me sad... 

Bin TH - during our dinner the conversation was them telling their story, how they got there and to here today.  It was interested hearing the stories, they were honest about successes and set backs.

Pretty much, most of these guys got cut.

The wimmenz are at a different table with the kids.  Jessa says they werent into the "football lingo."

Another guy says that he got kicked off the team for anger issues.  He was invited to a ministry and was the "only black dude."  It changed his life.

Bin TH - He struggled with so much anger. It was an inspirational story.

Bin asks them for advice for mentoring kids because this is his first time.   They tell him that the kids dont care who you are or what you know, just be there for them.  

Bin is pumped they will help him out tomorrow.

THe next day

Bin/jessa/spurge arrive. Jessa is wearing a matching shirt, but its pink.

Bin TH - my role is overseeing a drill station.  Steve told me some drills i can run the kids through.  They demonstrate.

The duggar kids arrive IN SHORTS - legit sports shorts.

Jed - I was directing traffic (sitting in a chair holding a sign).  "I'm the entrance to fun."  Somebody has to do this job...

Jinger answers what an interception is.  

Jessa and JInger dont really know what a field goal is

Jana doesnt know what a 2 point conversion is.  Jinger would know it if she saw it.

BIn TH - We tried to get the word out, but we dont know how many will come. If the camp doesnt go well Im going to feel bad. Reggie drove several hours and steve put so much work in.

They all stand around andnote that not many kids are there (fake drama - its before 10)

Joy is also wearing a pink matching shirt... 

Bin - I'd love to see 60, 70, 80 kids... 

Kids come and get wrist bands.  A lot of kids show up... 

Bin - its an answer to prayer and abig relief.  

NONE OF THESE KIDS LOOK "AT RISK." THEY'RE THERE WITH PARENTS

Bin TH - we had close to 70 kids.  

Coaches introduce themselves and make the kids clap for bin.  He played a little football in high school.... 

The kids do drills.  

Bin TH - steve put together spelling out live "champs." It gets the kids hyped up.

More drills... 

Parents sit in the back and watch.

Parent - its a big deal to come out and let my son play with real players. He looks up to these guys. He'll get a lot out of it.

Kid - Its great to be here with some real players

Joy TH - we didnt play organized sports because we were homeskooled

Jinger - We played unorganized sports

Shots of broomball in the older episodes - jana in a skirt.

Jessa TH - I loved broomball and when i was 15 I lost interest in sports.

More drills... 

Kids - These guys probably did this withtheir practices and they can show us is pretty cool

kid - Its good to learn how to get better at yhings.

Joy TH - I was impressed by Bin's heart... to serve, so sweet.

Jinger TH - Bin has a compassionate heart and always has ministry ideas.

Bin TH - throughout the day we're giving kids water breaks and having the coaches share persobnal testimony.  

The guy tells him that his feet were fractured but god had a plan.  The kids are looking around... 

Bin TH - after drills its time to eat lunch and then flag football!

I'm just now starting the episode.. a few minutes in now.

I wanted to watch Greys Anatomy first. Watching a show like that is highlighting how boring this show is. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

NONE OF THESE KIDS LOOK "AT RISK." THEY'RE THERE WITH PARENTS

ROFLMAO they are at risk of being defrauded, front hugging, using birth control, sinning... this is what Bin is trying to save them from!!!

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

I'm just now starting the episode.. a few minutes in now.

I wanted to watch Greys Anatomy first. Watching a show like that is highlighting how boring this show is. 

grey's isn't it on tonight

tonight's episode is worse than paint drying - bascially Ben rambles a lot about football 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

tonight's episode is worse than paint drying - bascially Ben rambles a lot about football 

I think I just got defrauded out of the money I paid for cable teevee.  Sheesh.

Listening to Bin talk about football is awful. Awful. I want the meet the inlaws stuff. 

Blessing. Answer to prayer. Fruit of all of the work they put in. I am disgusted. 

I just saw the preview for next week.  Goodness.  A review on Duggar courting - this should be riveting :)

13 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

I'm watching baseball.  This episode sounds so exciting that I'm guessing I made the right choice.

Jays  5-1 over Baltimore is the only kind of Counting going On at our house. 

Every time they ask the kids a question about their older sisters they give some answer like "uhhh she loves working! She's always bossing us around and cleaning stuff!" Tragic.

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

I just saw the preview for next week.  Goodness.  A review on Duggar courting - this should be riveting :)

Gag. But, you know, we all have to be told what Duggar courting is like because we.have.NEVER.been.told about it! [/sarcasm]

Counting on - a CLIFFHANGER episode! Will Jinger get a ring?  DO I GIVE A SHIT? (the answer is no). Part 4

The kids are suited up with their flags.  Bin explains the rules - the coaches are the QBs. 

I pity the team that gets bin.... he throws an INT.  

Bin TH - I'm a little rusty.  It was a good play by the kid who caught it.

Bin is sitll wearing his stupid hat.  No one else has a hat on.

Jessa TH - Bin likes to play QB, its his favorite position

Bin TH - I'm pretty competitive so I'm hoping out ream wins.... with this many kids running around its confusing.  We were tied... 

Bin doesnt win but he is proud of the kids.

Steve gets the kids in a circle.

Bin TH - as the camp was coming to a close I was able to look back and reflect on how it came together, the fruit of all our work.

Kid - I learned passes and my team did hard work

Steve - no one was injured, everyone loved football

Kid - you dont have to be a champion ob the board.

Jessa - Bin does a great job with kids.  We could have 15 sons and that would be just fine.  They can be in the backyard doing drills.

Bin - OK

At the TTH... the next day (or some other day) -  JInger is goign to see jeremy.  She's flying to dallas and they're flying to philly.  Michelle, Jessa, Spurgeon are meeting them.

Jinger - its hard to sleep when you know we'll be together again.

Bin (wearing the stupid hat) tries to round them up.

Jinger is having a hard time with her hair... 

JInger - My hair was doing crazy things so I thought I'd get a curling iron but I got the wrong one. I know he wont even pay attention to my hair.  He sees me every mornign withuot makeup when we're video chatting.

It sounds like Jessa is filming 

Bin TH - she was still fixing her hair but we had to get on the road.

JInger TH - if we miss our flight we can take a car to dallas

In laredo - Jeremy explains they're meeting in Dallas... its 4:30 and he just got up.

Jeremy TH - There are some nerves but its a good nerves. I'm excited, I'm antiipating.

TTH

Michelle makes eggs... 

SORRY GUYS, JUST LOST POWER! TWO MINUTES LEFT!

@Buzzard, thank you once again for your spot-on recap.  Thank you for taking on this onerous chore, week after week.  I totally owe you a BevMo gift card :)

so basically next week is filler with courting and Jeremy proposing 

so this week we got fake renovations for Jana 

Jessa going on about how difficult Spud is becoming 

and the TH's which made them even more silly and stupid 

I'm really confused at what we just saw, moreso than usual.  Bin has a "heart" for at risk kids, so he invites a bunch of football players/coaches, who seem to already have a ministry of sorts, and NOT AT RISK kids to play and pray?

Did these parents know these kids would be shown on national teevee as "at risk?"  I wouldnt want my kid shown like that!

Other than crappy flame videos and the ability to play for free, exactly what did these kids get out of this?

Imma guessing the parents signed a waiver/release when they signed up... but still, it is one thing to send your kid to a legit football camp and another to send your kid to a football/indoctrination/recruitment camp.  

Was it free to attend?  Must Google.

7 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Imma guessing the parents signed a waiver/release when they signed up... but still, it is one thing to send your kid to a legit football camp and another to send your kid to a football/indoctrination/recruitment camp.  

Was it free to attend?  Must Google.

http://www.lifechamps.com/whoweare

Well, that wasnt hard.  "Hard work" Binjermin?  This is an established organization... you, sir, are full of shit.

So there are no at risk girls in AR? Oh yes, girls are just there to served the boys. And seriously? I'm English, and I know what a 2 point conversion is.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

http://www.lifechamps.com/whoweare

Well, that wasnt hard.  "Hard work" Binjermin?  This is an established organization... you, sir, are full of shit.

Didn't see anything about it being for at risk kids or a ministry.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived