IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

They actually have a garden now!

An actual, impressive garden that Jana does seem to be in charge of.  She acted comfortable and in control.   So, why didn't we see Jana and her garden instead of the stupid Jana and the remodels/treehouse episodes?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Crying at him not being able to man a grill but like of course not surprised cause it's bin.

My 18 year old knows how to get a charcoal grill going. If anything else, have these twits never heard of youtube? You can find out how to do anything on Youtube. 

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

An actual, impressive garden that Jana does seem to be in charge of.  She acted comfortable and in control.   So, why didn't we see Jana and her garden instead of the stupid Jana and the remodels/treehouse episodes?

This is an honest Q but is it really that hard to garden? I've never done extensive vegetable gardening like that but don't you just throw the seeds on the ground with the correct spacing and that's it? Or is there more to it? I just have no idea! ☺️

6 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

This is an honest Q but is it really that hard to garden? I've never done extensive vegetable gardening like that but don't you just throw the seeds on the ground with the correct spacing and that's it? Or is there more to it? I just have no idea! ☺️

It depends. You can just throw seeds at the ground and wait... but you probably won't produce a lot of good vegetables that way. Daily watering is necessary, especially if it's a dry season, and lots of plants (like onions and tomatoes) need to be hand-watered at the base of the plant to prevent disease. Weeding is fairly important, as is checking for bugs and signs of disease. And once one of those hits, well, it's a lot of work. And don't even get me started on groundhogs...

So yeah, if you don't work outside the home, a huge garden is perfectly doable. I'm just thinking back on what we know of the Duggars... they're not exactly known for their work ethics. And that garden looked damn good to me. 

14 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It can be time consuming. You deal with weather changes, bugs, plant diseases. Some veggies need assistance - like you have to stake the tomatoes and cut half the blossoms to encourage growth, make sure there's no splits or hornworms, not to mention all the weed control and keeping animals out. This is why I have a a very limited garden. 

It can require a lot of actual work, which is why I assume the Duggars never wanted to

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My 18 year old knows how to get a charcoal grill going. If anything else, have these twits never heard of youtube? You can find out how to do anything on Youtube. 

Maybe JB does not allow J/B to have unchaperoned internet access?

Newbie here... Just caught the last episode on re-runs.   The more I see Jeremy, the more I like him. I think he is  patronizing Jim-boob... when the sitting on he sofa with the arm around Jinger scenario was brought up as a no-no...he didn't really care. And the awkward Jim-boob grilling at the restaurant, about getting a second job and moving back to Arkansas, he just laughed and ignored him. 

Maybe this is the freedom we all wished for Jinger... she is marrying a man who is mature, and won't be under her father's control, and will be moving out of state. 

Jim-boob seems really flustered that he doesn't seem to have control over he whole courtship/impending engagement. That makes me ☺! 

Poor Joy, I think she is grasping at straws to find a hobby or something interesting to do, by going for flying lessons with John. Maybe she will learn to fly and escape.  But Kudos to John for wanting to teach her and spend time with her. 

I also like John more and more... his "wrap" puns were hilarious.  I really thnk he has the most freedom of all, and is the holder of the keys to the closet that holds all he secrets. 

Would it occur to them to go to You Tube so they don't look like idiots, or is TLC milking the stupid factor to get more interest? I use You Tube a lot, but then, I always prefer to be prepared.

Yes, I agree that Jeremy is just ignoring Boob, while being verbally respectful, as in not rude. I just want, as I said earlier, for him to be a uber-religious preacher and not an ass. I hope that is true. Jinger never knew to want anything else than a fundie wife life, so as long as he is not abusive, she should be okay. She is so vulnerable, that is what is screaming out at me. 

Boob is horrid. No shame that man. 

Has anyone noticed that there's the same wall hanging in every TH, regardless of where it takes place? Did TLC gift them for continuity, or did they all shop at the same store? Could it be that this is all staged, and it's not real? Say it isn't so. :tw_bawling:

15 hours ago, Buzzard said:remy calls his mom and tells her that he's at the store and theres a beautiful ring and its "jinger" so he asks what she thinks... and wants to "check" to see what she thought (is mommy paying for the ring???)  Mom says she'll text him back.

Very imperfect snip

I can't entirely snark on Jeremy's checking with his mom on the ring. He may not have bought previous girlfriends good jewelry before, and could really value his mom's opinion. I know when I hadn't been dating my sweetheart very long and wanted to get him some nice shirts for Christmas, I asked my Dad and a guy I worked with about some good brands for men's shirts. I wanted to make sure the shirts would hold up well. More recently, I know my Sweetie has asked me when shopping for his mom and sisters if I think they'll like what he's looking at. 

And the mom then said she would text him. As in, my reply will not be broadcast nationally. Ho Ho, she is a good one. I like it that he is close to his mom. That is nice. I'm a mom, ha ha

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Thank you, I'm not the only one here thinking this, I'm laughing all Bevis & Butthead like every time I see the word taco.

Thank you. My original thought was more vulgar, but I cleaned it up for FJ before posting.

45 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Maybe this is the freedom we all wished for Jinger... she is marrying a man who is mature, and won't be under her father's control, and will be moving out of state. 

She's moving out of state to live with a man who can barely support himself (per boob's statement) to be a pastor's wife in a pretty much fake church and spend her days cooing about "crisis pregnancies."  This isnt freedom.  

21 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I can't entirely snark on Jeremy's checking with his mom on the ring. He may not have bought previous girlfriends good jewelry before, and could really value his mom's opinion. I know when I hadn't been dating my sweetheart very long and wanted to get him some nice shirts for Christmas, I asked my Dad and a guy I worked with about some good brands for men's shirts. I wanted to make sure the shirts would hold up well. More recently, I know my Sweetie has asked me when shopping for his mom and sisters if I think they'll like what he's looking at. 

Honestly I think a lot of guys talk to their mom or dad or both before making such a huge step.  That scene to me was probably the most real thing we've seen on the show, ever. An excited in love man checking in with his mom to ask/see that what he's doing is a good idea. Not so much "can I have your permission" but more of uh MOM This is happening, and I want you to tell me that I'm doing it right.   I fully expect my son to call me like this some day. 

On 9/19/2016 at 11:27 AM, Bad Wolf said:

When the kids have all left home, the TTH is going to be a dinosaur. Impossible to sell. Who wants a house that big with only three bedrooms?

This reminds me of the Browns from Sister Wives, who "had" to leave Utah when they were under investigation for polygamy. They had a very hard time selling their house there, and I think they actually maybe never did (I seem to recall a relative lives there now.) Kody said that it was because they had custom built the house for multiple wives (each wife had their own "apartment" section for her and her kids) and it didn't fit the needs of anyone else. That was allegedly why once they bought houses in Las Vegas they did not build one house there but purchased four separate ones - he wanted to keep the resale value high.

What wouldn't surprise me is if when the day comes to sell it, they repurpose the house for a church or a youth home or something. Possibly they could reconfigure the bedrooms a bit if needed. I'm from that part of the country and big houses in general don't really sell well but they will often turn them into something else.

16 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Duggar drinking game for the episode:. Drink every time Jinger says "Babe". Do a shot whenever one of them goes all Gollum and says "Preeeeeeecoiusss"'.

This is perfect. I was playing one from the Defaming the Duggars site which had me taking a sip every time Ben sounded like a stoner (which is every time he talks). Thankfully I was only sipping a beer. I like Jeremy. He really is in love with Jinger. 

I like that Jinger got some input on the ring. Glad someone told him what she liked and wanted.

I'm not gonna lie, I was THAT woman -- I didn't want the ring to be a total surprise or just let now-DH off to choose something. I'm picky. I picked out a bunch and he went from there. I did let him choose my wedding band, though. Half because I couldn't decide and half because I thought it would be fun to see what he picked. I told him "diamond band. halfway around" and let it go. He nailed it.

Ben&Jessa;

who owns that white van (the one with the red stickers on both sides of the doors) There are a bunch of those "family stickers" on the back window - if it was Ben & Jessa's wouldn't there just be a mom/dad and Spurgie?! Also Jessa -as the domestic goddess of the house- please clean up that car - or ask your dad to tell Ben to clean it up, such a mess!

Also Spurgie related - after all those babies that the Duggars have had, do they seriously not have a high chair at home? Poor Spurgie had to sit in a bumbo seat on the floor when his parents were eating with their awesome friends. 

Ben&Jeremy;

now that Jeremy is getting more airtime, it makes Ben look even more immature. Ben needs to pack up Jessa & Spurgie and move away from the Duggar clan. Find a real job and live the real adult life :) Go Ben , I'm rooting for you :)

2 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Newbie here... Just caught the last episode on re-runs.   The more I see Jeremy, the more I like him. I think he is  patronizing Jim-boob... when the sitting on he sofa with the arm around Jinger scenario was brought up as a no-no...he didn't really care. And the awkward Jim-boob grilling at the restaurant, about getting a second job and moving back to Arkansas, he just laughed and ignored him. 

While I certainly hope for a mature man for Jinger who's interested in helping her mature, tbh I would not single out  patronizing someone as a sign of maturity.

On September 21, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Buzzard said:

Does anyone have a guess as to the mystery of the neon case Jeremy was carrying around?  

I think it might be a case for an orthodontic retainer, like to store it in if he was gonna take one out to eat?

This episode is a more snark worthy than the last!

OK - so I think Boob is super uncomfortable/possessive/uptight with Jeremy because he feels threatened. I imagine he probably senses a lack of control over this one and feels more protective over Jinger than with the other courtships. This of course, makes me think "haha screw you JimBob!"

When Jeremy called his mom about the ring in the jewelry store OMG I laughed so hard at the way she responded to him. She did not sound thrilled at all. 

Once again, another scene of a surprise preceded by tense driving and running behind schedule. Note to TLC: the manufactured drama of what is ultimately the result of poor planning, is getting old.

16 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Invite JB to buy a ring???? Don't want to do stuff behind his back??? 

How romantic! Gag. These guys better get used to doing stuff without JB. Next thing we know he'll be behind the door on the wedding night. 

That sounds so ridiculous - even more than usual for the Duggars.  Why should JB have any say-so regarding the ring.  That should really be between Jinger and what's his name.  Instead, sounds like Jinger will just have to be pleased with whatever ring he picks out, instead of going along and telling him what rings she likes best.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

She's moving out of state to live with a man who can barely support himself (per boob's statement) to be a pastor's wife in a pretty much fake church and spend her days cooing about "crisis pregnancies."  This isnt freedom.  

Jeremy's "crisis pregnancy" area had me raging at the screen.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions about your shitty conservative church, J.

For those of you who haven't read up on the maternal mortality crisis in Texas (thanks in large part to Texan policitians thinking that "crisis pregnancy centers" are equivalent to Planned Parenthood clinics and rabidly defunding PP centers), please enjoy this Guardian article about the dangers of being pregnant in that state: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

If you really want to raise a decent garden, then it does take a decent amount of work.  First, you've got to prep the soil, put in raised beds if that would be helpful in your climate, plant, weed, water daily, and otherwise pay good attention to your garden.  If you just toss the seeds out in unprepared dirt, don't weed, don't water regularly, etc. - you'll probably be unhappy with the results.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived