IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

21 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did you also see Brett's post blaming Georgia's loss in the "War Between the States " due to God's anger over the history of aggression against Native Americans? Now, I'm impressed he hasn't just taken the white savior vs savage mind frame but the fact that he frames it in terms of his supposed Native American ancestry and he doesn't call it the Civil War makes my eyes roll . 

It's nice to know that he is very with the times. ;) 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I have to admit, I keep waiting with an almost hopeful feeling for the Smith's world to combust. I'm not proud, but those people are disturbed and they disgust me.

If it makes you feel any better - I'm feeling the exact same way. And I really hope that after their world crushes there will be a lot of help and support for all their children and the chance to live a life of self-determination.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, Grimalkin said:

.......oh jeeez, what does he call the civil war? I'm half afraid to ask.

The War Between the States. It is also called "The War of Northern Aggression" by some in the South. WHO fired the first shot at Fort Sumter?

I have a question for Bret. If Georgia lost the Civil War because of how they treated Native Americans, why did the North win? I'm no history expert, but I don't think ANY state treated the indigenous population with 21st century approved mores. And does this mean that God approved of the way slaves were treated in Georgia, because other than the Native American issue Georgia would have won?  Did the poor treatment of Native Americans  trump the poor treatment of slaves, so Georgia lost? Or did Georgia have only happy, satisfied, well treated slaves? I need clarification, Cap'n!

Trying to turn Bret Smith commentary into logic is like trying to solve a Rubiks Cube with half the blocks missing. It cannot be done.

I have to say I'm very disappointed that there aren't any new cat fights on Jackie's fb wall. It was so entertaining. Although the matter, of course, is deeply depressing.

41 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I have to say I'm very disappointed that there aren't any new cat fights on Jackie's fb wall. It was so entertaining. Although the matter, of course, is deeply depressing.

I don't think that will happen again. If you look at Jackie's FB, it's extremely telling. Before the online fight, their three adult daughters "liked" most of her posts. Especially pictures or posts about family. Now there isn't a single post (and there are many) that has been liked by the girls since the fight. So I think the girls have their mother on ignore or they are deliberately not liking nothing she posts as an act of passive aggression. I am looking forward to a thanksgiving post with none of their bio children. Then it will be appearant  girls are done with them. 

Just caught up on about 8 pages of this.... still with the batshit crazy..

On 11/9/2016 at 10:01 PM, Letgo said:

The War Between the States. It is also called "The War of Northern Aggression" by some in the South. WHO fired the first shot at Fort Sumter?

War of Northern Aggression was what I was taught (North Carolina, early 80's).  My mother, who was born and raised in the northeast, said it took her forever to realize what people were talking about when they would talk - apparently frequently - about "The War".  They'd ask her her opinion on "The War", to which she'd reply something like "war is terrible" and then ask her where she went to church (St. Something or Other, at which point they'd tsk and shake their heads in dismay).

Captain Bret's facebook post from yesterday is a little passive-agressive.

As Christ was resurrected by your power, breathe your resurrection power into relationships that are dead in self righteous condemnation.

God, save all of my children! In your love and compassion that reaches to the heavens, grant repentance in Jesus' name. Prepare the way for a great revival, Lord, by turning the heart of this father to his children, and the hearts of the children to their father.

On 11/9/2016 at 4:01 PM, Letgo said:

I have a question for Bret. If Georgia lost the Civil War because of how they treated Native Americans, why did the North win? I'm no history expert, but I don't think ANY state treated the indigenous population with 21st century approved mores. And does this mean that God approved of the way slaves were treated in Georgia, because other than the Native American issue Georgia would have won?  Did the poor treatment of Native Americans  trump the poor treatment of slaves, so Georgia lost? Or did Georgia have only happy, satisfied, well treated slaves? I need clarification, Cap'n!

If I was to take a guess, Bret would say that all the slaves in Georgia were happy and well treated. A major plank of neo-Confederate and Lost Cause thought is that slaves were treated like members of the family (albeit ones that could be bought and sold at will) and were satisfied with their lot in life. It was only when "Northern agitators" came down and filled slaves' minds with weird ideas about "freedom" that Southern race relations became strained. This line of thought was also used during the CIvil Rights Era to explain why Southern blacks were supposedly happy under Jim Crow.

That's why there was no such thing as the underground railroad right? Oh wait... You can't fix stupid. :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I bet he knows he won't be seeing his biological children and grandchildren this Thursday.

7 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Something tells me that he doesn't think he's the one who needs to repent...

Of course not. Captain Bret isn't only holier than all of us, he is also WAY more holier than any other Christian that has ever roamed this earth. Except for JC maybe.. but he is reallllllyyyyy close.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet he knows he won't be seeing his biological children and grandchildren this Thursday.

I would really like to be a fly on the wall during their Thanksgiving. I wonder if there will be any contact. Maybe via phone or skype or whatever.

I feel like I'm in bizarro world, where a father is condemning the children supporting victims of abuse, rather than the child who has been arrested for incest. 

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world, where a father is condemning the children supporting victims of abuse, rather than the child who has been arrested for incest. 

Welcome to the world of Bret Smith.

I've been following them as long as I have the Mortons. And went down their rabbit hole a few times and it took hours to right the world when I came out.

Bret Smith lives in a world of his own making and the refusal to acknowledge that 1) it IS his own making and 2)it has little resemblance to the reality of others and 3) it could be 'wrong'...seems to be a lifelong affliction.

He interprets the bible as he chooses and created an entire existence surrounding it. He believes himself to be the best Christian that ever Christian'd and he built a world around it; detractors not welcome.

He is, simply put, a narcissist in its purest form. He twists the world upside down then blames you when you don't 'get it'. He says go when he means stop and up when he means down, and then blames you for being the fool who doesn't understand perfect Christianity. He loses half his family when he refuses to acknowledge one member is less than perfect...and he lets that family leave because he cannot, will not, be 'wrong'. I don't think it's as much about Alan being innocent as Bret being incapable of being wrong.

On November 21, 2016 at 5:14 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Odd to post that on FB. No doubt he has to come up with something to tell everyone. Most polite conversation I have around this time of year includes being asked what we are doing for Thanksgiving, who is cooking, how many people. 

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

Of course not. Captain Bret isn't only holier than all of us, he is also WAY more holier than any other Christian that has ever roamed this earth. Except for JC maybe.. but he is reallllllyyyyy close.

I would really like to be a fly on the wall during their Thanksgiving. I wonder if there will be any contact. Maybe via phone or skype or whatever.

I'm thinking text message.  "Happy turkey day Mom.  Tell Maddie and the kids we love them. " 

I hope Maddie and the rest of the kids still living at home don't suffer too much! As much as I support understand the Smith-bio kids decision to not go home on thanksgiving, I'm somehow hoping that their younger siblings might be able to visit and see them. Although I doubt Jackie or the Captain would allow that. And who knows - maybe the ones till living at home are so brainwashed by their parents that they also believe in Alan's innocence and shun their biological sisters for not standing up for their brother.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Odd to post that on FB. No doubt he has to come up with something to tell everyone. Most polite conversation I have around this time of year includes being asked what we are doing for Thanksgiving, who is cooking, how many people. 

Which post is that ?

It's been a while since I tried to account for everyone's position.  Katie and her kids are in Georgia at Calathora, Michael Jr and Kressant are in Peru with their brood.  Wes and Rachel are in Peru with their kiddos.  Darth and her family live I can't remember where.  North Carolina?   Cleve and Lise are where now?  Georgia?   Addie is with her parents at Calathora.  Martha and Tayte are in Idaho??  Andrew, Kennedy, and Mia are on the family compound.  As are Sam and Alyssa?   The 3 youngest boys seem to float around, but I'd assume they'd be in Georgia for the holidays.  What do I have wrong?  

And then Bethany and Danny Lane live in GA too, right?

1 hour ago, JMO said:

It's been a while since I tried to account for everyone's position.  Katie and her kids are in Georgia at Calathora, Michael Jr and Kressant are in Peru with their brood.  Wes and Rachel are in Peru with their kiddos.  Darth and her family live I can't remember where.  North Carolina?   Cleve and Lise are where now?  Georgia?   Addie is with her parents at Calathora.  Martha and Tayte are in Idaho??  Andrew, Kennedy, and Mia are on the family compound.  As are Sam and Alyssa?   The 3 youngest boys seem to float around, but I'd assume they'd be in Georgia for the holidays.  What do I have wrong?  

And then Bethany and Danny Lane live in GA too, right?

My recollection is pretty close to yours, except for the following:

Kress and Rachel and all of their people are in Paraguay, not Peru. Unless something has changed?

I thought Cleve and Lise were back in Georgia, but I don't know why I thought that.

Dorothy and Noah were in Alabama last time I checked, but I could be wrong.

Martha and Tayte are in Indiana. Is that where the Alexanders are from originally? I thought they were from Ohio. JW why these two would up and leave to Indiana, if they don't have any ties there.

The three boys seem to be in Georgia, too, based on John's IG, john.morton98. IDK if he's private, so I won't share it, but there's a pic of him with Paul, Andrew, and a couple of Mortons I can't name taken one week ago. Andrew is def in Georgia, right? So I guess that's where the photo was taken.

Martha & Tayte are in Indiana.

Bethany Lane is in Georgia; close enough that she used to visit her parents regularly and still visits the Mortons, or did when Kressant was still there.

Dorothy & Noah are in Alabama.

Andrew & Sam are both on the compound but not in the house. Andrew had the house moved there (I think it was Andrew?) quite a while ago and Sam & Alyssa have, after several months of radio silence, appear in enough pictures to be confident saying they are there too.

Michael & Kressant and Wes & Rachel are in Paraguay.

The last three Morton boys & Addie are with their parents.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived