IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

I keep forgetting to mention this. In his profile picture he is practically snarling. She just looks confused. I find that so odd.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2016 at 10:37 PM, Grimalkin said:

Can you imagine what it must be like when they learn and practice their dances? Why doesn't Jackie participate?

Sheer torture.  

I thought Jackie was off camera setting up the music and singing loudly, squeakily, and very off key.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:52 AM, fundiefan said:

Bret has a history of saying that repenting solves problems and there should be no other consequence. For his type of Christian, of course. He is all full of many forms of consequence and 'suffering' for people who commit his version of crimes and no amount or repentance could save one from Bret's version of justice.

So I'm wondering...if one of his sons was interested in a woman who was not virginal, would he forgive and forget? Should he? Can a young woman have a history of several boyfriends, complete with sexual relationships, and that's just fine as long as she has repented? If a daughter had a potential suitor who had had a more typical upbringing before being converted to Brett's beliefs, would that be okay? Can a young man drink, sleep around a bit or a lot, move out on his own, attend college, and so on, and still be acceptable? What if a young man "used to be gay" and "lived the gay lifestyle" until he was properly converted and repented? Would he be husband material as long as he has repented? Could Brett forgive that?

Or is forgiveness only for patriarchs and sons who molest children?

On 12/5/2016 at 11:24 AM, fundiefan said:

He was only arrested in August - I know the system is slow, so he could just be sitting there cooling his heels and I am in the land of speculation through my own biases.

I just did a quick search and there are no updates in the local newspaper at all about a trial date or a request for a hearing because of the denial of bond.  I can't find any court records but I'm not good at that stuff.  Anyone?

I do find it a little surprising that there is no trial date scheduled, but perhaps there is a lot of plea bargaining going on.  There's also the bit about possibly facing charges in another jurisdiction that may be delaying things too.

33 minutes ago, Letgo said:

So I'm wondering...if one of his sons was interested in a woman who was not virginal, would he forgive and forget? Should he? Can a young woman have a history of several boyfriends, complete with sexual relationships, and that's just fine as long as she has repented? If a daughter had a potential suitor who had had a more typical upbringing before being converted to Brett's beliefs, would that be okay? Can a young man drink, sleep around a bit or a lot, move out on his own, attend college, and so on, and still be acceptable? What if a young man "used to be gay" and "lived the gay lifestyle" until he was properly converted and repented? Would he be husband material as long as he has repented? Could Brett forgive that?

Or is forgiveness only for patriarchs and sons who molest children?

You have clearly figured out the ol' Captain.

If he says it's unforgivable sin, it is. If he says it isn't, it isn't. And the rules change from day to day and situation to situation.

His son has not only been accused of committing heinous crimes against children/a child, he cheated on his biblical wife in doing so. The most unforgivable offense...to some, depending on the day...of adultery. The abuse of the child is Christian privilege/discipline/ and prosecuting it is persecution...what the fuck ever; the rape of a child is...well, I don't know what it is in Bret's mind but you know it is nothing like what it is in the real world. Especially if Alan has turned from his sin which means he is to be forgiven by everyone and only god can punish but won't because he turned from it...sheesh, that's some convoluted shit right there. And, let's face it, he didn't turn from his sin -  the law removed him from it. Had he not gotten caught, would he have turned from it? After three years?

I have a headache. I can't think about this anymore. Bret Smith Sr. poisons everything he touches, even my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the Captain is taking the show live! Just like the Maxwells, he's going where the audience captive by circumstance...a nursingnhome. They're going to do their new musical AND Jesus's favotite, the Shema. It's a commandment, the greatest one!

No word from either Sr Smith about their newest grandson in NICU. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

So, the Captain is taking the show live! Just like the Maxwells, he's going where the audience captive by circumstance...a nursingnhome. They're going to do their new musical AND Jesus's favotite, the Shema. It's a commandment, the greatest one!

Why do these people assume elderly people will automatically love and be entertained by their shows? Are they going to try and teach them the dances too?

John Morton commented on Bret's post that it's such a blessing.

Evidently, there isn't as big a rift between the Smiths & Mortons as we've all come to think/imagine.

I can't say why, really, but I find that disappointing.

12 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Why do these people assume elderly people will automatically love and be entertained by their shows? Are they going to try and teach them the dances too?

I really hope they all forget to put their hearing aids in that day. 

25 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Evidently, there isn't as big a rift between the Smiths & Mortons as we've all come to think/imagine.

I do think their is a rift though. They have posted nothing about the birth of their new grandchild. A baby who doesn't live that far from them. None of their children have liked their posts in months. No family pictures including Bethany or her kids. 

The wonderful thing about "the elderly" (thank you Steve Maxwell) is that they will simply leave a presentation without worry and the ones in wheelchairs are known to loudly yell get me out of here if they aren't appreciating the presentation.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:39 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope they all forget to put their hearing aids in that day. 

It is quite possible to look someone in the eye, reach up and ostentatiously turn your hearing aids off.  One of my own father's favorite moves.  Of course, he also brandished his cane and "accidentally" hit people on occasion too.  And he didn't have dementia he was just mean.  :mouse-shock:

On 12/16/2016 at 0:21 PM, Coconut Flan said:

The wonderful thing about "the elderly" (thank you Steve Maxwell) is that they will simply leave a presentation without worry and the ones in wheelchairs are known to loudly yell get me out of here if they aren't appreciating the presentation.

Yes, indeed.  I can also envision a logjam of "the elderly" stuck in the doorway while exiting with their walkers if that presentation is inflicted on them!

The place they're going today isn't actually a nursing home - I Googled it - it's an assisted living community. 

There are big differences; not the least of which is that the poor elderly won't just get wheeled to the show for a place to park them. The people residing there have autonomy over what they do and where they go. They live independently in a community that supports them, but does not direct their actions. 

No doubt some will show up to be nice, but it would be so freaking hilarious if everyone living there chose to spend their Sunday doing something more productive, entertaining and honest.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

There are big differences; not the least of which is that the poor elderly won't just get wheeled to the show for a place to park them.

Yikes.  The main difference between Assisted Living and Nursing Facilities is the level of care residents require.  Assisted Living residents are able to live independently with some assistance - and are still able to perform IADLs (Instrumental Activities if Daily Living).  NF residents require 24/7 nursing staff, and/or supervision and significant assistance with the basic activities of daily living.  

NFs should still treat their residents with dignity and respect.  They should allow them to make their own choices as far as possible while still keeping them safe.  If your loved one is in a NF that thinks it is OK to park someone where they really don't want to be just for convenience - file a complaint and get them out of there.

::gets off soap box::

On 16.12.2016 at 3:01 AM, fundiefan said:

New grandson? NICU? What did I miss???

On 16.12.2016 at 4:14 PM, fundiefan said:

I'm totally with you. But then again - we never knew what was really going on. All our assumptions were made by FB comments.

Jackie mentioned in Facebook post in early July a post something about a 14 year old girl who got pregnant and had a DNA test. Could this be related?

NOTE: I'm not trying to out this girl, her baby, the father, or suggest a crime was committed.

18 hours ago, ophelia said:

New grandson? NICU? What did I miss???

Bethany Lane had her fourth, Caleb on December 13. He was a couple of weeks early (due in January).

Thank you for the clarification @Bethella

Wasn't her first or second also premature? I really wonder how they pay for all these stays in the NICU and I hope the baby will be fine.

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Thank you for the clarification @Bethella

Wasn't her first or second also premature? I really wonder how they pay for all these stays in the NICU and I hope the baby will be fine.

I'm at work so I don't have the list, but IIRC the first was really premature (like 3 or 4 months early?). I don't know if they have insurance or scamaritan, they might even *gasp* use government assistance. I think this baby will be fine, he was only a few weeks early.

12 hours ago, Bethella said:

I'm at work so I don't have the list, but IIRC the first was really premature (like 3 or 4 months early?). I don't know if they have insurance or scamaritan, they might even *gasp* use government assistance. I think this baby will be fine, he was only a few weeks early.

Thanks again.

I'm really wondering how much premies they need to consider using birth control. She is taking herself and her baby at risk everytime she gets pregnant. But then again she was brainwashed and raised into this lifestyle so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I just saw on Andrew Morton's IG that he and Keni and the baby are in Germany. I always freak out a little bit, when fundies hit so close to my home. If I remember correctly her parents are living in Germany, aren't they? Are they missionaries or army or whatever?

On 12/18/2016 at 1:09 PM, Palimpsest said:

Yikes.  The main difference between Assisted Living and Nursing Facilities is the level of care residents require.  Assisted Living residents are able to live independently with some assistance - and are still able to perform IADLs (Instrumental Activities if Daily Living).  NF residents require 24/7 nursing staff, and/or supervision and significant assistance with the basic activities of daily living.  

NFs should still treat their residents with dignity and respect.  They should allow them to make their own choices as far as possible while still keeping them safe.  If your loved one is in a NF that thinks it is OK to park someone where they really don't want to be just for convenience - file a complaint and get them out of there.

::gets off soap box::

It should be interesting. I noticed the time chosen is 2:30 so it should not interfere with church services. All the assisted living places near me offer bus services to the mainstream churches for worship and there are Lutheran and other mainstream services throughout the week. 2:30 is after lunch when people are looking for something to do. They market it as caroling. I hope they post about it. 

I picture them using baby talk to the residents. I fucking hate that and never noticed how many people do that to elderly people until we put my mom in assisted living. I finally understand why my mom calls me up all pissed off yelling to get her the f*ck out of there (her exact words). 

PSA- if you visit elderly people don't use baby talk it's incredibly demeaning. My mom just gets pissed off and stomps around like a stereotypical elderly person, but another lady I chat with while she is out smoking with her friends  actually mocks them. I find it hilarious, and sad at the same time. 

9 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

He made himself an IMdB page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0846349/

OMG! It's only 9am and I already want booze. Got thing I'm driving home for Christmas today :-) :-)

@Grimalkin I'm totally with you when it comes to babytalk and elderly people. I hate it when someone does it. My parents used to take care of my grandpa at their home until he died in May and one of the things that always impressed me (besides the way that they more or less gave up their lives to make it possible for him to die at home!) was the calm and yet normal way they talked to him while feeding him, dressing him and so on. The always spoke loud and clear and maybe a little slower than usual, but only to make it possible for him to understand them and to react or even answer accordingly.

Why are they no longer Homeschool Advantage?? Do the adopted kids not get an advantage?

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why are they no longer Homeschool Advantage?? Do the adopted kids not get an advantage?

I don't see Jackie doing any schooling nowadays.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived