IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess the best thing about these two families being so intertwined is that even if they cut ties with Alan, Captain, and Jackie, they will have the Morton family and the three grown Smith girls to stick together. At least they still have their in laws for support.

I really wonder how Bethany deals with this situation since she is the only bio-Smith child that hasn't married a Morton. I wonder if her husband and in-laws are also caring and understanding since her parents are obviously nuts and crying about persecution whenever and whereever they can.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I really wonder how Bethany deals with this situation since she is the only bio-Smith child that hasn't married a Morton. I wonder if her husband and in-laws are also caring and understanding since her parents are obviously nuts and crying about persecution whenever and whereever they can.

True, Bethany is not a Morton but I fell like these fundie families have all been close so I bet the Lanes and Mortons are there for Bethany too.

I think Bethany's husband left a comment on Jacqueline's post which indicated he felt pretty much like Rachel about the whole situation, so I imagine she's getting the support she needs.

9 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

I never saw him say anything. Did I miss it?

This was his comment on her post from September 4th when all the shit hit the fan.  Addie and Rachel like his comment which I took to mean that he is in agreement with them.  However I won't pretend to understand scripture. Majority of Rachel's comments were deleted from that post.

Dan Lane I pray "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe."

5 · September 9 at 9:26pm

36 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

Ooh. That's Bethany's father-in-law

My bad.  Thought it was the husband.  Thanks.

I took the passage to mean that "I hope God opens your eyes to the truth."  How do you know it's her FIL?  @Newtothis  I thought her husband's name was Dan.  Does he go by Danny on FB?

4 hours ago, Newtothis said:

I never saw him say anything. Did I miss it?

I think it was Bethany's father-in-law, Dan Lane, not her husband Danny Lane.

2 hours ago, JMO said:

I took the passage to mean that "I hope God opens your eyes to the truth."  How do you know it's her FIL?  @Newtothis  I thought her husband's name was Dan.  Does he go by Danny on FB?

Bethany's husband goes by Danny Lane. His father goes by Dan Lane.

But, like all within spitting distance of the Smortons, their actual first name is Lewis. Both of them, as well as Danny & Bethany's son.

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I think it was Bethany's father-in-law, Dan Lane, not her husband Danny Lane.

Bethany's husband goes by Danny Lane. His father goes by Dan Lane.

But, like all within spitting distance of the Smortons, their actual first name is Lewis. Both of them, as well as Danny & Bethany's son.

Lewis Lane. Lol.

Katie made an instagram post to introduce her newest son - Jackson Lee. That's her caption:

Hey y'all, I wanted you to meet little Jackson Lee Smith. He was born July 30,2016. Five days after Alan's Incarceration. I have nick named him my mercy drop. Lee means healer. May God use him to heal many hearts... And may he seek God early. I have found more than ever that God is good and he helps those who trust in him!

There are a lot of people supporting her in the comments.

31 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Katie made an instagram post to introduce her newest son - Jackson Lee. That's her caption:

Hey y'all, I wanted you to meet little Jackson Lee Smith. He was born July 30,2016. Five days after Alan's Incarceration. I have nick named him my mercy drop. Lee means healer. May God use him to heal many hearts... And may he seek God early. I have found more than ever that God is good and he helps those who trust in him!

There are a lot of people supporting her in the comments.

I hate that his name is so close to Jackies. Jacqueline Lea Smith and Jackson Lee Smith. Let's hope it's just a coincidence...

Glad she seems to be doing okay. 

As an aside, Lee does not mean healer. It means clearing. I hate that fundies make up meanings to names. 

3 hours ago, Mudgie said:

I imagine that if the baby was named after Jacqie she'd have been bragging about it on Facebook.

No doubt about that.. she is such a bad and vile person.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Glad she seems to be doing okay. 

As an aside, Lee does not mean healer. It means clearing. I hate that fundies make up meanings to names. 

It does mean healer in Celtic. I googled. Whether that is valid or someone made it up somewhere, I don't know. But I did find it on several sites. 

Not that it matters.

It does come damn close to Jacqueline Lea but, well, they do have a gajillion kids running around those families and the name pool isn't as big as it is for normal families.

As an aside, I was married to a very weird family as far as names. My ex's name is James. He has two brothers, John & Joe. His mother was Jane and his father Jerome. He married a Janet (His first marriage). They had two kids, Jennifer & Jason. Jennifer married Josh and their son is Jack James. Jason married a Jennifer and they have Jacqueline Jean & Justine Jane.

Every one of them swears they did not intentionally go with J names. I never believed that (aside from the marriages) but am fortunately no longer there to care or have an opinion.

When I got divorced one of the many unintended side effects was feeling like I left a crazy Twilight Zone episode where I didn't belong ( my name does not begin with a J).

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate that his name is so close to Jackies. Jacqueline Lea Smith and Jackson Lee Smith. Let's hope it's just a coincidence...

I'd be more inclined to say they got the name from Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee, given how many fundies have Confederate fixations.

ETA Lee in particular has traditionally been regarded as the ideal Christian gentlemen among white Southerners, and modern fundies are loathe to give up this notion. However, I'm reminded of the passage in To Kill a Mockingbird wher Atticus says that babies named after Confederate generals will grow up to be drunks.

Any one else notice that the S'Morton intermarried grandparents seem to be living apart? Captain Bret's mother married Jeanine Morton's father in 2007, I think. Jeanine's instagram shows her father at Calathora and Jacqueline's facebook shows her mother-in-law's new house. 

First, holy crap, Bret looks like his mother. 

Second, yeah, their separate locations does seem odd. 

With the Smortons, who the hell knows. 

On 9.10.2016 at 2:57 AM, fundiefan said:

First, holy crap, Bret looks like his mother. 

Second, yeah, their separate locations does seem odd. 

With the Smortons, who the hell knows. 

It would be interesting to know if they are really living apart or if Jeanine's father is just visiting the compound. If they are indeed separated I'd like to know when this happened. Was it a reaction to the scandal or did they break up before that? Maybe they are taking different sides and thats what ended the marriage.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived