IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

I hate to bring this up, but when is the next blessing due?  John is quite diligent about *clears throat* certain things. 

The chicken thing must have ended in a disastrous (metaphorical) explosion of feathers, blood and innards.  With a well-thought-out business plan and an understanding of the market, it might have been super successful.  Best case scenario?  The guys figure out how they can do it on their own and abandon the hapless Bro. John.  

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John has already shared the video AGAIN on Facebook!

I wish someone would ask him how the well ministry is going. He bragged about how he would use it to bring people to Christ, but it didn't even get a mention in the Look How Awesome I Am video. The chickens at least got mentioned. Something happened with that well and John is hoping everyone forgets about it. 

John is now asking people it watch "this incredible video".  Who does that? Who makes a crappy video then tells everyone just how incredible it is!!!!

Its not crappy in his eyes obviously because he laboured so hard to make it that he has had to retire to his bed,  but it most definitely is not and never will be incredible.

Bet  Steven Speilberg or Peter Jackson etc never do that John!!!

John behaves like a Victorian maiden Aunt. His Genius father should send him some smelling salts in the next care package /barrel thingy.

Lord, I swear that my two cats-- who spend 90% of their day either sleeping or eating-- work harder than John. At least they will kill any bug that makes its way into our apartment.

Honestly, nothing this fool does surprises me any more.

15 hours ago, Howl said:

I hate to bring this up, but when is the next blessing due?  John is quite diligent about *clears throat* certain things. 

Esther gave birth June 2, 2016. She averages 18 months between births, which puts her next birth around December 2017. Shortest spacing was between the first two at 14 months, longest spacing was between the last two at 21 months.

While I am obviously not a fan of John I do...slightly...respect him for his views on Trump. Unlike a lot of evangelicals he doesn't act like he believes Trump's God act (and we all know it's at act!) & doesn't support him just because he's a republican. 

I was disappointed but not surprised when he suddenly started supporting Trump but my spirits rose when he started up against him again with some semi decent arguments. 

Ok sorry back to John Shrader mocking now. 

John is flagellating again.  He doesn't seem to realize that this is a consistent pattern.

• Massive frantic, unaccustomed activity on his latest little brain-storm.  Check.
  • Grandiosity, boasting and blowing his own trumpet about the amazing genius of  his little brainstorm. Check.
  • Gets "sick" and retires to bed because he's disappointed at the reaction.  Check.
  • Get's told off by God. Check.
  • Abases himself with Uriah Heep-like humbleness because he knows it will get even more prayers and attention.  Check.

3 thoughts God reminded/rebuked me with this morning from His Word.

I have failed to consistently follow my Lord's Divine instructions in this matter and for that I ask your forgiveness for being a bad testimony, and for any harm or hurt caused by my failure to obey these principles. I want to please my Lord and keep His Word.

Here's what God gave me this morning from His Scripture.

1) My Speech should PRIORITIZE the GOSPEL so that it can be SHOWN (manifest) to a lost and dying world. - vv. 3, 4

2) My Speech should be PREPARED with GODLY wisdom so I don't SQUANDER the precious time God has given me to work for Him. - v. 5

3) My Speech must, without exception, be PRESENTED with GRACE, so that I am the SALT Christ called me to be. - v. 6

Colossians 4:3-6 "Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

Please pray for me in this matter.

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125

Perhaps someone has actually told him he was not spreading the Gospel, squandered his time on that stupid video, and that his boasting was really unattractive and without Grace?

I just looked and the video only has 116 views on youtube so far - and I expect most of those came from Free Jingerites.  No wonder he's feeling desperate.

Is the chicken thing on hiatus due to not being in compliance with local health ordinances?  Sorry I had completely forgotten about Esther giving birth.  

I'm utterly verklempt, gutted, gobmacked with our nation going up in flames and can't quite get my mental faculties back. 

36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Perhaps someone has actually told him he was not spreading the Gospel, squandered his time on that stupid video, and that his boasting was really unattractive and without Grace?

It does appear someone gave him a smack down, maybe the video was too over-the-top even for his dad?  John does go through emotional cycles, so it's too bad he can't get some [real] psychological counseling.

4 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

It does appear someone gave him a smack down, maybe the video was too over-the-top even for his dad?  John does go through emotional cycles, so it's too bad he can't get some [real] psychological counseling.

That selfie of him after he finished the video would turn most people off. The arrogant self-righteous twit!

9 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I honestly think his father is the only person who can give him a smack down these days.  He is so arrogant in his self-righteousness.

Yes, and I've always thought John's highs were too high and his lows were too low.  But he's a Visionary Man with a direct line to God and he doesn't need no stinkin' psychological counselling!

Poor Esther.  It must be like living with a rollercoaster.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Is the chicken thing on hiatus due to not being in compliance with local health ordinances?

Last he mentioned it the chickens weren't selling and then there was his post asking for an American "Christian" vet who would do something for John. John has never followed up on if he managed to get a vet to do whatever he needed done. I suspect John screwed up with the chicken business and the local government showed up. I'm also guessing the locals are watching John like a hawk to catch him violating laws. 

Spending days obsessively rigging a camera to get a fairly brief shot of him driving is not normal. Maniacally posting the video over and over and claiming everyone needs to watch it isn't normal. Going to bed for days after making a 20 minute video isn't normal. 

I feel sorry for his children because John does not come off as stable at all and it seems like you would have to walk on eggshells at all times around him. 

One of these days he is going to do something that Daddy Shrader can't fix. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Sorry I had completely forgotten about Esther giving birth.  

Don't worry about it. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone!

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

One of these days he is going to do something that Daddy Shrader can't fix. 

.....like getting kicked out of Zambia?  

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John is flagellating again.  He doesn't seem to realize that this is a consistent pattern.

• Massive frantic, unaccustomed activity on his latest little brain-storm.  Check.
  • Grandiosity, boasting and blowing his own trumpet about the amazing genius of  his little brainstorm. Check.
  • Gets "sick" and retires to bed because he's disappointed at the reaction.  Check.
  • Gets told off by God. Check.
  • Abases himself with Uriah Heep-like humbleness because he knows it will get even more prayers and attention.  Check.

Bingo!  Any guesses on when the next brainstorm will kick in and what it will be? 

If Daddy Shrader is such a genius then he should be able to read between the lines and realise that all is not right with John. His parents need to pay a visit to Zambia and check things out me thinks.

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

If Daddy Shrader is such a genius then he should be able to read between the lines and realise that all is not right with John. His parents need to pay a visit to Zambia and check things out me thinks.

They went a couple of months ago! I wonder what Daddy Shrader really thinks of John. On some level he has to realize that John is not acting like a normal missionary. 

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They went a couple of months ago! I wonder what Daddy Shrader really thinks of John. On some level he has to realize that John is not acting like a normal missionary. 

Or a normal father of umpteen blessings. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I fear the problem is that Daddy Shrader would agree with us that John is not acting like a normal missionary.  

With one difference:  Oh, no,  he's not normal!  He's the best ever missionary in the history of the world!  A chip of the old block and a fellow genius!  The rules don't apply to John.

Apples don't fall far from the tree.

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The apples that fall from the Shrader tree are, me thinks, very sour, wizened fruit.

Not always.  I really like John's bros (who have all fled the coop) and I think Sarah (who also broke the bonds) must have been a lovely person.  Perhaps they take after Mummy Shrader.

John, though.  Poison apple following in poisoned apple tree Daddy's footsteps.  

@Palimpsest I'm loving your take on John, because my mum is really similar. 

Any job takes a million years, because she'll, I dunno, want to water the window boxes, but sees some plants in there that need dead-heading, so she goes to get the secateurs, but thinks they're a bit blunt, so she decides to sharpen them - but when she opens the drawer to get the sharpening stone, she sees some old batteries in the drawer, so she decides to recycle them, and goes online to look up how, but gets distracted x1000, especially by a photo of my nephew, and that reminds her of something she wants to knit him, so she goes to sit down in her favourite chair, but the living room needs hoovering, which she has to do first, but going to get the hoover in the cupboard she sees a cobweb, so goes to get a feather duster, which is under the sink, next to the bleach, which reminds her she wants to bleach the kitchen sink - so she has to move the compost container, and on the way to the compost bin, sees that the window boxes need watering...

It's EXHAUSTING!

I do feel for him a little bit, because I live online, and it's frustrating in my other worlds that the things I work super-hard on seem to get less attention than the things I just throw together - BUT it keeps me humble, too.  It's like, I used to really care about the hits on my photos, til I realised that the biggest numbers are not for how I've carefully composed etc, but for something in it. 

I think anyone creating stuff online goes through this, so John is in the early stages of "I worked SO HARD, why don't they love me?" (see also, Jill Rod and her Plexus campaign) - but to become successful making or building stuff online, you have to move through that, invite criticism and learn from it, and ultimately, remember that it's not the pure numbers that are important, but the conversations that come from the work, and most importantly, how you feel about it.

1 minute ago, gustava said:

Sheer speculation and given that it's the Lying King, I'm going with it:  Could he be bi-polar?

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV, but.......:popcorn:

I wouldn't be surprised if John ended up being bi-polar, but I also think there is a chance he is just a lazy, self-absorbed person who has grand ideas but not the discipline to follow things through and has been taught since childhood that he is a special snowflake destined for greatness.. 

At one point I started creating a John Shrader timeline and in the early bits we had about him, it is clear John doesn't like to work and he doesn't like people telling him what to do. At one point he was forced to get a job as a car salesman and he spent the entire time bitching about the boss, having to work, and the company playing contemporary Christian music. It was obvious he viewed himself as above doing work like this and listening to a boss. He somehow managed to get a church to hire him, but he didn't last long either. 

Sadly John Shrader is a waste of space. His father appears to enable him.

reasons:

a) As has been said before, to keep him at arms length. 

b)Daddy Shrader loves having a son who is a missionary ( albeit a pretend one).

c) The umpteen grand blessings have a roof over their heads, not just the canvas of a pop up camper.

d) Shrader parents can bask in the glory of umpteen grand blessings but have escaped having to babysit them on a regular basis.

e) Daddy and mummy Shrader love being able to talk (semi) knowledgebly about Zambia and show photos and videos of umpteen precious blessings.

f) loads more reasons that I can't think of just now.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived