IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

He grifted a second vehicle? Must be nice!! When Mr. Poprox and I needed a second vehicle, we had to go out and actually PAY for it. Maybe we should have just went begging instead, and saved ourselves a couple thousand...

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if one of the reasons papa keeps bailing John out is because: 

with John living in Zambia with his family, he's somewhat removed from day-to-day interactions with his father. Maybe it's a lot easier to "throw money at the problem" than to have the problem sitting on your doorstep where your friends, neighbours and most importantly, the paying church-goers will see John first hand. They will only hear what John and his father tell them. 

@Inky, I think you are correct. Daddy Shrader is going to fight tooth and nail to keep John in Zambia because it will be easier supporting him there. It seemed harder keeping John in jobs and money when he was here.

I'm pretty sure it was @Palimpsest who said John is a modern day remittance man. Daddy is going to continue finding ways to keep John in Zambia until he does something so bad Zambia won't keep him. 

All of y'all are spot on, but the one thing Daddy Shrader is unwilling to do is demand that his adult son, the father of 12 children, man up, learn to stand on his own two feet and support his damn family.  

Before the oldest kids are of marriage age and/or ready to move out of the house, John could potentially be the father of 15 children.  This won't get better, but John will have honed his grifting skills, so they'll all lurch along and just get by. 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure it was @Palimpsest who said John is a modern day remittance man.

Yes! 

On 10/30/2016 at 7:18 AM, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure it was @Palimpsest who said John is a modern day remittance man.

I can't remember if I was the first person to say it but I certainly think it's true!

IMO, John is Daddy Shrader's mini-me and a real chip off the old block.  Daddy basks in the reflected glory of having a missionary son and if John fails in Zambia then so does Daddy.  Enmeshed is the right word.  

John is also the only Shrader offspring who hasn't strayed from Daddy's Godly ways.   He must be a real PITA to have as an older brother.

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't remember if I was the first person to say it but I certainly think it's true!

IMO, John is Daddy Shrader's mini-me and a real chip off the old block.  Daddy basks in the reflected glory of having a missionary son and if John fails in Zambia then so does Daddy.  Enmeshed is the right word.  

John is also the only Shrader offspring who hasn't strayed from Daddy's Godly ways.   He must be a real PITA to have as an older brother.

I agree. I don't think for one second Daddy Shrader is embarrassed by his failure of a son. He instead sees John as John sees himself. A missionary hero, who Satan is working against. 

The only son to stay the course with the religion. 

From my years on FJ I've read countless posts by people who grew up in that culture and they don't see things as we do. They see him as doing 'proper Christian' missionary work converting souls to 'true Christianity' not as an inept failure of a human who can't succeed at anything and needs Daddy to keep bailing him out & Esther to baby him & run the household. 

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

From my years on FJ I've read countless posts by people who grew up in that culture and they don't see things as we do. They see him as doing 'proper Christian' missionary work converting souls to 'true Christianity' not as an inept failure of a human who can't succeed at anything and needs Daddy to keep bailing him out & Esther to baby him & run the household. 

I agree, but a few of the faithful do seem to have seen through John Shrader - he did lose a lot of supporting churches as well as his Sending Church.  

@formergothardite, I just remembered:  the David Rea supporter who really detested Shrader was called @clearingthingsup.  Perhaps he'll come back and give us an update.

Speaking of insiders, I also wish @shraderfriend would pop back here and give us an update on what he thinks of John now.

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I bet his brothers are pretty happy to have him stay in Zambia as well.

26 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

Whatever does John need a 2nd car for? Is Esther even allowed to drive?

His ministry is so big he needs two. :roll:

I somehow missed that in his long post about how God gave him another vehicle  he also claims his family has gone hungry. He has SUFFERED for God, just like Job. I call bullshit on that. John hasn't gone without internet connection, no way he has ever gone without a meal. 

John probably means that he is hungry because his blessing barrel (or what ever it's called), hasn't arrived so he has no beef jerky, sunflower seeds etc left.

John, there are supermarkets in your area that sell ALL SORTS of food. Try the LOCAL food. You just might enjoy it.

58 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I somehow missed that in his long post about how God gave him another vehicle  he also claims his family has gone hungry. He has SUFFERED for God, just like Job. I call bullshit on that. John hasn't gone without internet connection, no way he has ever gone without a meal. 

Aye, but there's a difference between John going hungry and his family.  I can totally imagine the rest on rations while John eats his fill, as he's the deserving head of the household....

Esther once claimed on Facebook that they had never gone hungry on Deputation because of God's providence.  Remember when they were planning to go to Zambia in November and at least two host families made them early Thanksgiving dinners.

They are also not going hungry in Zambia.  They all look well nourished and Johnny just had to go on a juice diet to lose weight.  And they have a lot of unsold chickens to eat now.

They have at least tried some of the local food.  They had "the men" cook for their Sunday providence meal (or whatever they call it.)

Latest Shrader news.  

He's making a new video to show how God has blessed them in Zambia.  Please pray for him because making videos is hard work.

John and Esther celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary.  Esther looks stunning in their wedding pictures.  "Dating" is bad and leads to divorce.  He annoyingly doesn't tell us how they met and courted but they married with the blessings of their parents.

Esther is a beautiful flower.  

He quotes someone's comment on Esther:  

"Any woman who can be that Joyful living in Africa with ten children...I want to hear what she has to say!"

My version of that is "Any woman who can appear that cheerful when married to that selfish irresponsible dolt John Shrader ... I want some of whatever meds she's on."

Living in Africa and having 10 children is the least of it when you think of being married to John.

He's now changed his description yet again.  He is a now Missionary to "Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond based in Zambia."

Thank you for serving our Lord so faithfully with me for a decade in the pastorate, and now as Missionaries in Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond based in Zambia.

I can't help but think of Buzz Lightyear - "To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!"  John Shrader, missionary to Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond!!!!

Well that's certainly ambitious:  

Sub-Saharan Africa is, geographically, the area of the continent of Africa that lies south of the Sahara desert. According to the UN, it consists of all African countries that are fully or partially located south of the Sahara.

Kind of like saying, Missionary to the Americas south of the Canadian border and beyond, currently based in Minot, North Dakota.  Anyway, he can do this because he has saved  10 million 1 million 500,00  1,000  100  10 5 2 souls who were Christians but (tragically) the wrong kind of Christians.   

(Nothing at all against Minot, North Dakota, which looks like a lively and lovely little city; it just popped into my mind) 

Ha! He is having to make the video because the supporting churches are curious about just what their hard earned money is being spent on. Daddy Shrader may be being asked awkward questions by said churches, especially after begging for the money from the legacy fund. I'm guessing that the chap who left the money may have had better uses in mind for it that buying a SECOND vehicle for. John Boy.

That's my guess anyway.

The Mission Conference is Daddy's big annual push to get funding for John from his gullible parishioners.  Show and tell time.

So John's rushing around trying to get a really sexy video ready in a week when he must have had a lot of notice.

So typical of John.  He has to make it a "Team Zambia Films" production.  Everything is a production and major work.  He must have spent hours jury rigging a camera holder to the car so that he could get a vanity shot of himself driving.  Also notice the quick drive by grift for another lens so he can get close-ups.

For our latest missionary video that I'm pushing to get done for our sending Church's Missions Conference next week, I wanted to get a moving shot while driving, and as stable as possible. My first attempt was hanging a ratchet strap as a seat with the hooks closed in the door, but I don't have a lens for close up, just the mid-range one, so that didn't work!

Then, using the creativity given to me by God and cultivated and inspired by my borderline genius of a father, my Hero and Pastor Rick Shrader, I...

got some plywood strips...ratchet straps...and using my overactive imagination... well there ya go!

https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125

So the donors are funding John for hours of "hard labor" playing with his video camera and taking film of himself.  I think they might prefer to have some shots of the much touted printing ministry - they paid for that printer and the reams of paper.

I do agree that John has an overactive imagination.

So John wasted all that time just to get a shot of him driving? I suspect most people would prefer a video of the plane and/or the magical well he dug. 

He will be trying to prove that the money daddy grifted for him to buy a second vehicle is deserved somehow. Not sure how. But some how.:confused2:

I'm really looking forward to seeing John's video.  In how many ways can he make a total ass out of himself!

I'm guessing that John's next step is to create a radio station and start broadcasting to Zambia and beyond.   Remember, you heard it here first! 

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm guessing that John's next step is to create a radio station and start broadcasting to Zambia and beyond.   Remember, you heard it here first! 

Well, that was actually David Rea's plan on the original Team Zambia.  He was going to inherit a radio show while John flew his magical disappearing plane where no white missionary had ever gone before.

It will be interesting to see which of them tries for  a radio show first.  Or whether either of them ever reach those giddy heights.

Radio show is a good idea.  It got Steve Anderson booted.  Perhaps it could do the same for more of these guys.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived