IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

The cheesy, "precious natives" part seems typical of missions videos. Spending all that time to get a shot of him driving is certainly not. Were I part of the supporting church, I'd be pretty irritated to find that he considered it so important to include footage of himself behind the wheel.

But, I'm decidedly in the camp of only supporting missions that provide aid or some benefit. I probably wouldn't be supporting someone who wanted to translate Bibles that have already been translated.

Personally, I also find it irritating when mega families ask others to foot the bill for their decision to be quiverfull. I don't tend to care how many kids people choose to have if they're intending to pay for the raising of said kids. We have five kids. I'm not anti-kids. Christians are called to be good stewards, though, and it seems to me that an awful lot of money is supporting the many Schrader offspring instead of helping take care of the Zambian people for whom the funds were intended. That's not good stewardship, unless John's poor family are the actual mission. That would make more sense.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has four vehicles if we count the 'plane (Who'd win in a grifting contest, John or Jill Rodrigues).

But letting the precious nationals do all the work is also a great excuse for when John's work cocks up - he can complain about how it was all going so well, but when he was so, so ill, he trusted his work to the well-meaning natives, who were enthusiastic, but just not ready, and it's all their fault.

10 minutes ago, Lurky said:

(Who'd win in a grifting contest, John or Jill Rodrigues).

Daddy Shrader wins. I get the feeling he is the one who manages to get all this stuff for John and without him John would have been tossed out of Zambia and IFB churches a loooooong time ago.

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

A "missionary" with three vehicles?

Just a reminder, John "do[es] not preach nor promise guaranteed physical or financial blessings, but as Hudson Taylor* once famously said:  'God's work, done God's way, will never lack God's supply.'"  (Facebook)

I've noticed a couple of times on his Facebook that he is careful to explain that he does not  preach a prosperity gospel, but there is that magical prayer journal.  I bet something got checked off that list with the third Toyota.

*I looked up Hudson Taylor (a British missionary to China) on Wikipedia, and he must be a role model:  "Taylor was known for his sensitivity to Chinese culture and zeal for evangelism.  He adopted wearing native Chinese clothing even though this was rare among missionaries of that time..."

So John posted a gross article about a "witch doctor" (wanna be clear his words, not mine...) spraying pesticides into his congregants' faces. One of his nasty racist friends wrote this:

They are going back to the drums and smoke of the African camp fires here .Everyone dancing around hallooing with their hands in the air and speaking gibberish, looks like an old Tarzan movie

:fubar:

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

They are going back to the drums and smoke of the African camp fires here .Everyone dancing around hallooing with their hands in the air and speaking gibberish, looks like an old Tarzan movie

I've attended an event like this! It was Hogmanay (New Years') in Scotland. There was fire, the natives were dancing around, and I put the "gibberish" down to me not understanding Aberdonians very well. Afterwards we had rotten milk (aka cheese) and rotted grapes (wine), and watched the bright magical lights in the sky (fire-works).

I'm with you @ViolaSebastian. That comment is disgusting.

On 11/20/2016 at 10:12 PM, Coconut Flan said:

How can people back home not see the problem?  A "missionary" with three vehicles?  If one of the EO priests had those three vehicles even in California the gossip would never stop and there would all kinds of comments to the Bishop if not an outright letter writing campaign.  The budget committee would also probably be getting a lot attention.

I wonder if any of his (potential) supporters look at that kind of spending and think, seriously, we've been saving for months to get even ONE vehicle that will fit our family, or a car to drive to work so we don't have to walk a mile to the bus stop, etc. And now this asshole gets THREE of them?? Plus one of them probably cost close to six figures when you consider tax, shipping, and licensing costs. Surely people HAVE to recognize that he doesn't need this stuff to be successful at missions.

I wonder if John justified the 2nd and 3rd cars by saying that the corolla is cheaper on gas, and Esther needs the 16 seater for the kids when he's off in the Troupie converting the "bush."

As we know, he doesn't exactly need 4 wheel drive where he is but his humpers don't know that.

Two images from the very distant past.  Yes, that's me as a skirts only (unless riding a horse or mule) little blond kid.  FTR, the Land Rovers were provided by Swedish Aid to Africa and were used by various staff for very bad roads (and off road travel) out of the cities.  These photos were taken on survey trips of health clinics in remote areas.  Our family car was a beaten up Volkswagon beetle. :)

img097.jpg

img100.jpg

On 11/21/2016 at 5:15 AM, formergothardite said:

Daddy Shrader wins. I get the feeling he is the one who manages to get all this stuff for John and without him John would have been tossed out of Zambia and IFB churches a loooooong time ago.

I also wonder if Daddy Shrader's savings/retirement funds are supporting John. 

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

I also wonder if Daddy Shrader's savings/retirement funds are supporting John. 

I thought Daddy also lived "by Faith Alone."  He's been known to grift for himself too.

29 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

, the Land Rovers were provided by Swedish Aid to Africa and were used by various staff for very bad roads (and off road travel) out of the cities.  

29 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Our family car was a beaten up Volkswagon beetle.

You mean it wasn't common for missionaries to have three vehicles and an invisible plane?! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

He LOST an entire plane! What is Daddy Shrader saying to get people to continue throwing money at him?! 

All his whining about how hard it was to make the video made me think of all the work missionaries had to do to create those slide show projector demonstrations where they stood there talking, clicking the button and hoping they had all the pictures lined up correctly. They always seemed like they were messing up. 

Daddy Shrader must be a witch doctor practising the dark arts to be able to pull the wool over the sheeples eyes whilst continuing to fleece them at every whine, whinge and moan from his profiteering prophet of a useless son. 

Someone commented that she was sure John needed the van more than the car and he was quick to say that he NEEDED both. No he didn't. He WANTED them, just like he wanted full sized appliances and an ice maker. John is spoiled. 

So I noticed that this particular comment on John's praise report for the new van has been left unanswered for nine hours...

Is there any info about the Bibles and/or the building to put them in there?

Yes, John, how about some accountability for the actual work you say that you're doing?

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Daddy Shrader must be a witch doctor practising the dark arts to be able to pull the wool over the sheeples eyes whilst continuing to fleece them at every whine, whinge and moan from his profiteering prophet of a useless son. 

I personally think he's using Imperio.

8 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I wonder if any of his (potential) supporters look at that kind of spending and think, seriously, we've been saving for months to get even ONE vehicle that will fit our family, or a car to drive to work so we don't have to walk a mile to the bus stop, etc. And now this asshole gets THREE of them?? Plus one of them probably cost close to six figures when you consider tax, shipping, and licensing costs. Surely people HAVE to recognize that he doesn't need this stuff to be successful at missions.

No, because ge is blessed by tho Lord! If they have not figured it out now they never will.

11 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So I noticed that this particular comment on John's praise report for the new van has been left unanswered for nine hours...

Yes, John, how about some accountability for the actual work you say that you're doing?

He just answered! So the Bibles aren't there yet and they are sticking them in the chicken house, which must mean the chicken business is dead. Now someone needs to ask about the damn well and how giving out free water is working for John. 

54 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

which must mean the chicken business is dead.

To be fair, only half of the chicken business. "We're going to use half of the Timothy House chicken house to store the materials for now."

The rest of the chickens must be being housed in the disappearing well.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

To be fair, only half of the chicken business. "We're going to use half of the Timothy House chicken house to store the materials for now."

Ahh, I misread. I thought he was saying the half of the Timothy House that is the chicken house. 

Well, he is confusing.  The chicken house was in the Timothy House until they built the chicken house behind it.  Now they have half a chicken house free to store Bibles or perhaps half the Timothy House that isn't still housing chickens.  

I hope they clean the chicken guano out of wherever before they put the Bibles in.

I am sure as can be without actually knowing the truth(!) That John boy needed a free Vet to licence the chicken business and provide certification to prove absence of salmonella.

So:

A.No vet offered his services.

B.Vet offered services but for some reason could not provide necessary certificate.

C.Government/ local chicken breeding laws ignored/ not followed therefore permission not gained to breed/sell chickens.

D. Locals made life difficult by refusing to buy said chickens. Therefore saving their own livelihoods.

E.John retired to bed because shovelling chicken poop proved to be hard work.

F. Chickens fell in well. 

G. Chickens staged a breakout. Because fed up with John boys moaning, preaching, praying, wailing, whinging and flagillation crap.

16 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I am sure as can be without actually knowing the truth(!) That John boy needed a free Vet to licence the chicken business and provide certification to prove absence of salmonella.

So:

A.No vet offered his services.

B.Vet offered services but for some reason could not provide necessary certificate.

C.Government/ local chicken breeding laws ignored/ not followed therefore permission not gained to breed/sell chickens.

D. Locals made life difficult by refusing to buy said chickens. Therefore saving their own livelihoods.

E.John retired to bed because shovelling chicken poop proved to be hard work.

F. Chickens fell in well. 

G. Chickens staged a breakout. Because fed up with John boys moaning, preaching, praying, wailing, whinging and flagillation crap.

H. Chickens possessed by demons because the workers didn't believe strongly enough

He probably wanted to find a vet to certify that cleaning the chickens in colloidal silver solution was just as effective as actual antiseptic. Plus I'm sure there was no attention paid to what kind of market actually existed for that many birds.  

Although I do enjoy the idea of demon-possessed chickens.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, he is confusing.  The chicken house was in the Timothy House until they built the chicken house behind it.  Now they have half a chicken house free to store Bibles or perhaps half the Timothy House that isn't still housing chickens.  

I hope they clean the chicken guano out of wherever before they put the Bibles in.

For real, though.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived